The home of charging
Terra AC wallbox
• High-value quality
• Futureproof flexibility
• Safety and protection
At ABB, we have 130 years of heritage inaccessible technology leadership and a world-leading AC and DC charging portfolio – for safe, smart, and sustainable mobility.
That’s why some of the world’s biggest brands trust us to provide market-leading e-mobility solutions from highway to home.
— ABB: The home of charging
Terra AC wall box
To serve a growing market
Terra AC wall box provides tailored, intelligent and networked charging solutions for any business, home, or location.
From private homes to multi-tenant homes and residential communities
From small offices to large offices, business parks and complexes
From hotels to sports institutions and shopping centers
While on the street or in a car park
Terra AC wall box benefits
- The best value AC charger on the market, providing the exceptional quality expected of the world leader in EV charging.
- Enabled remote software updates to ensure optimal performance while minimizing the need for onsite intervention.
- Broad range of connectivity options including Wifi, Bluetooth, and Ethernet for easy control and integration with existing infrastructure.
- Smart functionality means the wall box can adapt its power usage and provide optimal charging, today and into the future.
- Set up for energy meter integration to provide dynamic load management, reducing energy costs and preventing nuisance tripping of distribution protective devices.
- Dedicated App provides easy authentication and control of the AC charger, along with and insight into charging status for users.
Safety and protection
- Evaluated and tested to the highest standards by independent, third-party safety certification organizations.
- Current limiting protection allows maximum charging power without nuisance tripping, aligned with the design of a given building’s electrical distribution system.
- Integrated protections including DC ground fault and over-voltage protect both user and car.
AC charger for electric vehicles, type 2
Power supply network: 220 … 240 V single phase and 380 … 415 V three phase, 50 / 60 Hz
North America portfolio
AC charger for electric vehicle, type 1
Power supply network: 110 … 240 V single phase, 50 / 60 Hz
Terra AC wall box accessories
|Description||Current (A)||Type||Order code|
|Pedestal For floor standing installation|
|Adapter box for 1 or 2 chargers back-to-back (pole not included)||–||TAC-P1-2 for 60mm pole||ABB6AGC082324|
|Adapter box for 1 or 2 chargers back-to-back (60 mm pole included)||–||TAC-P1-2 with 60mm pole||ABB6AGC082576|
|Metal pole 60 mm with ground plate||–||SER-60mm pole H995mm||ABB6AGC082325|
|Metal pedestal for 1 or 2 chargers back-to-back free-standing||–||TAC-P1-2 rectangular||ABB6AGC082326|
|RFID card (MIFARE)|
|RFID cards with ABB logo, pack of 5||–||SER-abbRFIDtags||ABB6AGC082175|
|RFID cards, blank, pack of 5||–||SER-blankRFIDtags||ABB6AGC082176|
Length: 5 m
For cable replacement of existing cable version charger
|Type 2, three phase||16||SER-TAC-cable T2 5m3P16A||ABB6AGC082555|
|Type 2, single phase||32||SER-TAC-cable T2 5m1P32A||ABB6AGC082554|
|Type 2, three phase||32||SER-TAC-cable T2 5m3P32A||ABB6AGC082556|
|Type 1, single phase||40||SER-TAC-cable T1 5m1P40A|
|Type 1, single phase||80||SER-TAC-cable T1 5m1P80A|
Length: 7 m
Cables with 2 connectors of same or different types
|Type 2 to type 1||16||TAC-cable T2-T1 7m1P16A||ABB6AGC082538|
|Type 2 to type 2||32||TAC-cable T2-T2 7m1P32A||ABB6AGC082535|
|Type 2 to type 1||32||TAC-cable T2-T1 7m1P32A||ABB6AGC082539|
|Type 2 to type 2||16||TAC-cable T2-T2 7m3P16A||ABB6AGC082536|
|Type 2 to type 2||32||TAC-cable T2-T2 7m3P32A||ABB6AGC082537|
TERRA AC WALLBOX
|Charging type||Mode 3 charging, level 2|
|Input/output power rating and current||IEC ratings: Single phase up to 7.4 kW / 32 A
Three phase up to 22 kW / 32 A
UL ratings up to 19 kW / 80 A
|Input/ouput voltage||Single phase: 110 … 240 V
Three phase: 380 … 415 V, 50 / 60 Hz
|Network type||TT, TN, IT|
|Socket outlet or connector type||Type 2 socket with or without shutter
Type 1 or type 2 cable. Cable can be wrapped around the charger
|Protection||Overcurrent, overvoltage, undervoltage, ground fault including DC leakage protection, integrated surge protection|
|Energy metering||Revenue grade energy meter Class B (+/- 1%) , MID certification on display variants only|
|Mobile communication with nano SIM socket||EU: GSM, 4G, LTE, WCDMA
US: 4G, LTE, WCDMA
|Available configurable contacts||1 input, 1 output|
|Connectivity||Wifi, Ethernet (RJ45), Bluetooth, RS485/P1, 4G / 3G|
|User authentification||ABB RFID card (1 included) or App|
|User interface||App, ABB web portal|
|Communication protocols||OCPP 1.6 and RS485/P1 for energy meter connection|
|Satus indication||5 multicolor LED’s|
|Software update||OCPP 1.6, ABB web portal or App|
|Control and configuration||ABB web portal or App|
|Lifetime||10 years. 16 h charging, 8 h standby, 5 charge sessions per day|
|IP and IK rating||IP54, IK10 (IK8+ for operating temperature from -35 to -30 °C)|
|NEMA enclosure type||NEMA 4 and 4X|
|Operating altitude||4000 m|
|Operating temperature range||-35…+50 °C (derating may apply)|
|Storage temperature range||-40…+80 °C|
|Mounting||Wall or floor using a pedestal|
|Dimensions||H x W x D 320 x 195 x 110 mm
H x W x D 12.60 x 7.68 x 4.33 inches
|Certification and standards|
|Safety standards||IEC/EN 61851-1, IEC/EN 62311, IEC/UL 62479, IEC/UL 62955
TuV listed conforming to UL 2594, UL 2231-1, UL 2231-2, UL 1998, CSA C22.2. NO.280
|Codes and standards||IEC 61851-21-2, EN 61000-6-1, EN 61000-6-2, EN 61000-6-3, EN 61000-6-4, EN 61000-3-2, EN 61000-3-3, EN 61000-3-11,
CE RED- WLAN / RFID / E-UTRA: EN 300 328 V2.1.1, EN 300 330 V2.1.1, EN 301 908-1 V11.1.2, EN 301 908-13
EN 50470-1, EN 50470-3
FCC Part 15 Class B
|Certification||CE, CB, MID, UL|
Smarter by design
- The App allows streamlined charger configuration
- Ready for integration with advanced smart building energy system
- Simple software updates via the App makes the charger future-ready
With the user in mind
• Enables users to authenticate their charger via the App or RFID card. Configuration is easily done via the App or ABB web portal
• Sends charging status via the App
• Provides information about the status of chargers (availability, number of sessions, energy delivery)
Electrification Products business
Foleshill Enterprise Park
Coventry CV6 5NX
Tel: +44 (0) 333 999 9900
E-Mail: [email protected]
© Copyright 2020 ABB. All rights reserved. Specifications are subject to change without notice.