ADJ Entour Haze Pro
©2017 ADJ Products, LLC all rights reserved. Information, specifications, diagrams, images, and instructions herein are subject to change without notice. ADJ Products, LLC logo and identifying product names and numbers herein are trademarks of ADJ Products, LLC. Copyright protection claimed includes all forms and matters of copyrightable materials and information now allowed by statutory or judicial law or hereinafter granted. Product names used in this document may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies and are hereby acknowledged. All non-ADJ Products, LLC brands and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
ADJ Products, LLC and all affiliated companies hereby dis-claim any and all liabilities for property, equipment, building, and electrical damages, injuries to any persons, and direct or indirect economic loss associated with the use or reliance of any information contained within this document, and/or as a result of the improper, unsafe, insufficient and negligent assembly, installation, rigging, and operation of this product.
Please check www.adj.com for the latest revision/update of this guide.
Europe Energy Saving Notice
Energy Saving Matters (EuP 2009/125/EC)
Saving electric energy is a key to help protecting the environment. Please turn off all electrical products when they are not in use. To avoid power consumption in idle mode, disconnect all electrical equipment from power when not in use. Thank you!
Introduction: Congratulations, you have just purchased one of the most reliable haze machines on the market today! The Entour Haze Pro faze machine have been designed to perform reliably for years when the guidelines in this booklet are followed. Please read and understand the instructions in this manual carefully and thoroughly before attempting to operate this unit. These instructions contain important information regarding safety during use and maintenance.
Customer Support: ADJ Products, LLC provides a toll free customer support line, to provide set up help and to answer any question should you encounter problems during your set up or initial operation. You may also visit us on the web at www.adj.com for any comments or suggestions. For service related issue please contact ADJ Products, LLC. Service Hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Pacific Standard Time.
To purchase parts online visit http://parts.americandj.com
Warning! To prevent or reduce the risk of electrical shock or fire, do not expose this unit to rain or moisture.
Caution! There are no user serviceable parts inside this unit. Do not attempt any repairs yourself, doing so will void your manufactures warranty. In the unlikely event your unit may require service please contact ADJ Products, LLC.
Do not discard the shipping cartoon in the trash. Please recycle when ever possible.
- Be sure to save the packing carton in the unlikely event the unit may have to be returned for service
- Do not spill water or other liquids into or on to your hazer. Be sure that all the haze fluid is kept inside the fluid reservoir
- Be sure that the local power outlet match that or the required voltage for your haze machine
- Do not remove the top cover under any conditions. There are no user serviceable parts inside
- Disconnect the unit’s main power when left unused for long peri- ods of time
- Never connect this unit to a dimmer pack
- Do not attempt to operate this unit, if it becomes damaged in anyway
- Never operate this unit when it’s cover is removed
- To reduce the risk of electrical shock or fire, do not expose this unit rain or moisture
- Do not attempt to operate this unit if the power cord has been frayed or broken. Do not attempt to remove or break off the ground prong from the electrical cord. This prong is used to reduce the risk of electrical shock and fire in case of an internal short
- Disconnect from main power before making any type of connection
- Never block the ventilation holes. Always be sure to mount this unit in an area that will allow proper ventilation. Allow about 6” (15cm) between this device and a wall
- This unit is intended for indoor use only, use of this product out- doors voids all warranties
- Always mount this unit in a safe and stable matter
- Please route your power cord out of the way of foot traffic. Power cords should be routed so they are not likely to be walked on, pinched by items placed upon or against them
- The unit should only be serviced by qualified service personnel when:
A. The power-supply cord or the plug has been damaged.
B. Objects have fallen, or liquid has been spilled into the unit.
C. The unit has been exposed to rain or water.
D. The appliance does not appear to operate normally or exhibits a marked change in performance.
Power Supply: Before plugging your unit in, be sure the source volt-age in your area matches the required voltage for your ADJ Entour Haze Pro. The ADJ Entour Haze Pro is available in a 120v and 230v version. Because line voltage may vary from venue to venue, you should be sure your unit voltage matches the wall outlet voltage before attempting to operate you fixture.
DMX-512: DMX is short for Digital Multiplex. This is a universal protocol used as a form of communication between intelligent fixtures and controllers. A DMX controller sends DMX data instructions from the controller to the fixture. DMX data is sent as serial data that travels from fixture to fixture via the DATA “IN” and DATA “OUT” XLR terminals located on all DMX fixtures (most controllers only have a DATA “OUT” terminal).
DMX Linking: DMX is a language allowing all makes and models of different manufactures to be linked together and operate from a single controller, as long as all fixtures and the controller are DMX compliant. To ensure proper DMX data transmission, when using several DMX fixtures try to use the shortest cable path possible. The order in which fixtures are connected in a DMX line does not influence the DMX addressing. For example; a fixture assigned a DMX address of 1 may be placed anywhere in a DMX line, at the beginning, at the end, or anywhere in the middle. When a fixture is assigned a DMX address of 1, the DMX controller knows to send DATA assigned to address 1 to that unit, no matter where it is located in the DMX chain.
Data Cable (DMX Cable) Requirements (For DMX Operation):
The Entour Haze Pro can be controlled via DMX-512 protocol. The Entour Haze Pro has 3 DMX channel modes, 1 channel, 2 channel, and 4 channel. The DMX address is set on the back panel. Your unit and your DMX controller require a standard 3-pin XLR connector for data input and data output (Figure 1). We recommend Accu Cable DMX cables. If you are making your own cables, be sure to use standard 110-120 Ohm shielded cable (This cable may be purchased at almost all pro lighting stores). Your cables should be made with a male and female XLR connector on either end of the cable. Also remember that DMX cable must be daisy chained and cannot be split.
Notice: Be sure to follow figures two and three when making your own cables. Do not use the ground lug on the XLR connector. Do not connect the cable’s shield conductor to the ground lug or allow the shield conductor to come in contact with the XLR’s outer casing. Grounding the shield could cause a short circuit and erratic behavior.
Special Note: Line Termination. When longer runs of cable are used, you may need to use a terminator on the last unit to avoid erratic behavior. A terminator is a 110-120 ohm 1/4 watt resistor which is connected between connector (DATA + and DATA -). This unit is inserted in the female XLR connector of the last unit in your daisy chain to terminate the line. Using a cable terminator (ADJ part number Z-DMX/T) will decrease the possibilities of erratic behavior.
5-Pin XLR DMX Connectors. Some manufactures use 5-pin DMX-512 data cables for DATA transmission in place of 3-pin. 5-pin DMX fixtures may be implemented in a 3-pin DMX line. When inserting standard 5-pin data cables in to a 3-pin line a cable adaptor must be used, these adaptors are readily available at most electric stores. The chart below details a proper cable conversion.
|3-Pin XLR to 5-Pin XLR Conversion|
|Conductor||3-Pin XLR Female (Out)||5-Pin XLR Male (In)|
|Ground/Shield||Pin 1||Pin 1|
|Data Compliment (- signal)||Pin 2||Pin 2|
|Data True (+ signal)||Pin 3||Pin 3|
|Not Used||Do Not Use|
|Not Used||Do Not Use|
- A. Flight case
- B. Visible liquid level window with blue LED
- C. Smoke outlet (Liquid inlet)
- D. Stopper
- E. Direction turntable with magnet
- F. LCD display
- G. 6 Function Buttons
- H. DMX 5 pin XLR output
- I. DMX 5 pin XLR input
- J. DMX 3 pin XLR output
- K. DMX 3 pin XLR input
- L. Power input
- M. Fuse Holder
- N. Power Switch
- O. Wire storage belt
- P. Drain valve
- Q. Sponge
- Open the shipping carton and carefully remove the unit from the shipping carton.
- Be sure to remove all the packing material especially around the nozzle.
- Set the haze machine on a flat dry surface and fill the fluid reservoir through the haze outlet which also is the liquid inlet. Use American DJ brand HAZE/G juice. DO NOT OVERFILL. Make sure the liquid level does not exceed the maximum fluid level mark on the front of the haze.
- Plug the unit in to a matching power supply.
- Follow the operating instructions on the next pages for proper operation.
NOTE: When refilling, please wait 5 min. enabling all haze liquid to fill the tank entirely prior to switching on.’
NOTE: When making short-range movement, please apply the supplied stopper to prevent oil spill.
FUNCTION BUTTON – Press this button to cycle between DMX addressing, fan adjustment, duration adjustment, and interval adjustment. Use the UP and DOWN buttons to make your desired adjustments.
UP BUTTON – Use this button to make adjustments to DMX addressing, DMX channel mode, duration setting, and interval setting.
DOWN BUTTON – Use this button to make adjustments to DMX addressing, DMX channel mode, duration setting, and interval setting.
TIMER ON/OFF BUTTON – Press this button to activate/deactivate the timer function.
HOLD BUTTON – Press this button for continuous haze output.
MANUAL BUTTON – Press and hold this button manual haze output. Release the button to stop haze output. This function will override any state of operation that is currently running.
1 Channel Mode
|1||0 – 4
5 – 255
|OUTPUT VOLUME & FAN SPEED NO OUTPUT VOLUME
5% FAN SPEED
100% OUTPUT VOLUME
100% FAN SPEED
2 Channel Mode
|0 – 4||NO OUTPUT VOLUME|
|5 – 255||100% OUTPUT VOLUME|
|0 – 15||5% FAN SPEED|
|16 – 255||6%-100% FAN SPEED|
4 Channel Mode
|0 – 4||NO OUTPUT VOLUME|
|5 – 255||100% OUTPUT VOLUME|
|0 – 15||5% FAN SPEED|
|16 – 255||6%-100% FAN SPEED|
|0 – 7||3 SECONDS|
|8 – 255||3-250 SECONDS|
|0 – 9||0 SECONDS|
|10 – 255||5-250 SECONDS|
Note: In 4 channel mode, when using channel 1 only, the default fan speed is 30%.
Before doing maintenance, please make sure that the power is off, and the power cord is unplugged.
The maintenance should be done by a qualified person.
- Avoid heavy output.
- Do not let the fluid get dirty.
- Prolonged use, flight case side air filter can accumulate dust, periodically remove the flight case side cover and remove the air filter to do the cleaning, after cleaning, be sure to dry the air filter after replacing the flight case again.
- Clean the directional fan blower regularly.
- Prolonged use, sponge under the turntable of smoke outlet may accumulate oil, periodically cleaned out or replaced with a new sponge.
- Never operate the unit upside down. Do not store the unit upside down.
- Never mix oil based haze fluid and water based fog fluid.
Power Connected but no haze is emittied:
- Check the power supply. Plug the unit into grounded power supply socket with proper voltage.
- Disconnect haze machine from power supply. Replace fuse with one of the same type.
- Make sure there is sufficient fluid in the tank
- Make sure the atomization head is not blocked or damaged.
- Make sure your controller is connected correctly.
- Check your DMX address setting.
Unplug the unit from any power source it may be connected to. Once the power has be disconnected, use a flat head screw driver to unscrew the fuse holder located above the power switch. Remove the bad fuse and replace with a new one, and screw the fuse holder back in.
The Entour Haze Pro carries a one year (365 days) limited warranty. Please fill out the enclosed warranty card to validate your purchase. All returned service items whether under warranty or not, must be freight pre-paid and accompany a return authorization (R.A.) number. The R.A. number must be clearly written on the outside of the return package. A brief description of the problem as well as the R.A. number must also be written down on a piece of paper and included in the shipping container. If the unit is under warranty, you must provide a copy of your proof of purchase invoice. You may obtain a R.A. number by contacting customer support at (800) 322-6337.
When storing your machine be sure to store it in a cool area. Cover the machine so that dust does not build up on the unit. Only run oil based Haze juice through your machine. Never run plain water, vinegar, or any other liquid solution through your machine. Running anything other then oil based Haze juice will severely damage your machine.
A. ADJ Products, LLC hereby warrants, to the original purchaser, ADJ Products, LLC products to be free of manufacturing defects in material and workmanship for a prescribed period from the date of purchase (see specific warranty period on reverse). This warranty shall be valid only if the product is purchased within the United States of America, including possessions and territories. It is the owner’s responsibility to establish the date and place of purchase by acceptable evidence, at the time service is sought.
B. For warranty service you must obtain a Return Authorization number (RA#) before sending back the product–please contact ADJ Products, LLC Service Department at 800-322-6337. Send the product only to the ADJ Products, LLC factory. All shipping charges must be pre-paid. If the requested repairs or service (including parts replacement) are within the terms of this warranty, ADJ Products, LLC will pay return shipping charges only to a designated point within the United States. If the entire instrument is sent, it must be shipped in it’s original package. No accessories should be shipped with the product. If any accessories are shipped with the product, ADJ Products, LLC shall have no liability whatsoever for loss of or damage to any such accessories, nor for the safe return thereof.
C. This warranty is void if the serial number has been altered or removed; if the product is modified in any manner which ADJ Products, LLC concludes, after inspection, affects the reliability of the product; if the product has been repaired or serviced by anyone other than the ADJ Products, LLC factory unless prior written authorization was issued to purchaser by ADJ Products, LLC; if the product is damaged because not properly maintained as set forth in the instruction manual.
D. This is not a service contract, and this warranty does not include maintenance, cleaning or periodic check up. During the period specified above, ADJ Products, LLC will replace defective parts at its expense with new or refurbished parts, and will absorb all expenses for warranty service and repair labor by reason of defects in material or workmanship. The sole responsibility of ADJ Products, LLC under this warranty shall be limited to the repair of the product, or replacement thereof, including parts, at the sole discretion of ADJ Products, LLC. All products covered by this warranty were manufactured after August 15, 2012, and bear identifying marks to that effect.
E. ADJ Products, LLC reserves the right to make changes in design and/or improvements upon its products without any obligation to include these changes in any products theretofore manufactured.
No warranty, whether expressed or implied, is given or made with respect to any accessory supplied with products described above. Except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, all implied warranties made by ADJ Products, LLC in connection with this product, including warranties of merchantability or fitness, are limited in duration to the warranty period set forth above. And no warranties, whether expressed or implied, including warranties of merchantability or fitness, shall apply to this product after said period has expired. The consumer’s and/or Dealer’s sole remedy shall be such repair or replacement as is expressly provided above; and under no circumstances shall ADJ Products, LLC be liable for any loss or damage, direct or consequential, arising out of the use of, or inability to use, this product.
This warranty is the only written warranty applicable to ADJ Products, LLC Products and supersedes all prior warranties and written descriptions of warranty terms and conditions heretofore published.
MANUFACTURER’S LIMITED WARRANTY PERIODS:
- Non L.E.D. Lighting Products = 1-year (365 days) Limited Warranty (Such as: Special Effect Lighting, Intelligent Lighting, UV lighting, Strobes, Fog Machines, Bubble Machines, Mirror Balls, Par Cans, Trussing, Lighting Stands etc. excluding LED and lamps)
- Laser Products = 1 Year (365 Days) Limited Warranty (excluding laser diodes which have a 6 month limited warranty)
- L.E.D. Products = 2-year (730 days) Limited Warranty (excluding batteries which have a 180 day limited warranty). Note: 2 Year Warranty only applies to purchases within the United States.
- StarTec Series = 1 Year Limited Warranty (excluding batteries which have a 180 day limited warranty).
- ADJ DMX Controllers = 2 Year (730 Days) Limited Warranty
MODEL – Entour Haze Pro VOLTAGE*: 120V/60Hz or 230V/50Hz
POWER CONSUMPTION: 420W (Min.) 660W (Max.)
WEIGHT: 68 Lbs. / 31 Kgs
DIMENSIONS: 14.96″ x 20.86” x 14.96” and 380 x 530 x 380mm
FUSE: 10A (120V) and 5A (230V, 240V)
TANK CAPACITY: 2.5 Liter
OUTPUT: 3,000 cubic feet per minute (With Fan and Volume Full On)
FLUID CONSUMPTION: 50 (ml/h)
FLUID TYPE: Oil Based American DJ Haze Juice
DMX CHANNELS: 3 DMX Channel Modes: 1/2/4
DUTY CYCLE: Not to exceed 6 hours turned on.
*Voltage is preset at the factory and may not be changed