AeroGarden Harvest User Guide
AeroGarden Harvest User Guide
Get Growing in 4 Fast & Easy Steps!
(1) Make sure that Bowl is securely seated in Base and that Grow Deck is properly aligned on Bowl.
Make sure that Pump Cord is plugged into the connector at the back of the base. Plug in the Power Cord Adapter.
(3) Add Water to `Fill To Here’. Add Plant Food directly to Bowl as per instructions.
(4) Place Seed Pods in openings on the Grow Deck. Cover Seed Pods loosely with Grow Domes.
Good To Know
What You Need
- Add Liquid Plant Food to the Bowl when you first plant your Seed Pod Kit and when the `Add Plant Food’ reminder turns RED every 2 weeks.
- Follow directions on the Plant Food bottle for feeding amounts and top off the water level to `Fill To Here.’
- Touch the button once to turn off the alert and to reset the Plant Food timer.
- The `Add Water’ indicator will flash RED if the water level drops more than halfway below the fill line.
- It’s ok to add water to the `Fill To Here’ line any time. For best growth, keep your garden topped up!
Good To Know: Your Pump cycle is set to be ON for 5 minutes and OFF for 25 minutes.
If your button is green, you can touch it once to test your Pump.
Touch the button to temporarily turn LED Grow Lights On or Off. This will not affect the timing of your light cycle and occasional use will not harm your plants.
Once pressed, the Lights will stay On/Off until the next time they are set to go On/Off.
Set Lights `ON’ Time
When you plug in your AeroGarden for the first time the Grow Light will come ON, and will continue to come ON at this same time every day. It will turn off automatically 15 hours later.
If you would like to change the time of day when the light comes ON follow these steps:
- Touch and hold your finger over the Lights On/Off button for about 3 seconds and release when it blinks
- Your LED lights will turn ON and OFF once to confirm a new Light on time has been set
Your Grow Lights will now come ON at this time each day, and will stay ON for 15 hours.
An Important Note About Lights:
Your AeroGarden Harvest has a built-in timer for the Grow Light that automatically provides your plants with the perfect amount of “sunlight.” As long as your plants get this amount of light, it does not matter what time the lights are off. You may find it most convenient to have the lights go on in the morning and off at night, to match your own personal wake and sleep schedule.
Did You Know Your control panel buttons will light up when you plug in your garden? They will remain on and turn RED when there is an alert.
To Start a New Garden
To start a new garden, touch and hold your finger over the button for about 5 seconds. The button will flash 3 times to confirm it was reset. All of your reminders are now reset and you’re ready to plant.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using this AeroGarden electrical furnishing, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
Read all instructions before using this AeroGarden furnishing. SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
- To reduce the risk of electric shock, the AeroGarden has a specific plug. Do not change the plug in any way.
DANGER— to reduce risk of electric shock:
- Always unplug the AeroGarden from electrical outlet before cleaning.
WARNING — to reduce risk of burns, fire, electric shock, or injury to persons:
- Unplug AeroGarden from outlet before putting on or taking off parts.
- Please take proper precautions when operating an AeroGarden near or by individuals requiring close supervision, including children.
- Use AeroGarden only for its intended use as described in the instructions. Do not use attachments not recommended by manufacturer.
- Never operate AeroGarden if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped and damaged, or if it has been dropped in water. If any of these conditions occur/exist, contact www.AeroGardenSupport.com or your country’s local distributor for instructions.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- Never operate furnishing with air openings blocked. Keep air openings free of lint, hair, and the like.
- Never drop or insert any object into any electrical openings.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- Do not touch moving parts or hot parts such as pumps, lights, reflective surfaces, and the like.
- To disconnect, remove plug from outlet.
- Do not place or submerge base, cord, plug, or Light Hood in water or other liquid to clean it.
- Do not allow water to contact hot LED Grow Lights.
- Use only approved and supplied parts and accessories. Use only AeroGarden LED Grow Lights with this AeroGarden model. Use of any other kind of accessory is not recommended. Replacement parts can be ordered from www.AeroGarden.com
- Do not use AeroGarden for other than intended purpose.
- This product is intended for household and residential use only. This product is not approved for commercial applications.
- If supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by manufacturer, its service agent, or similarly qualified technician in order to avoid a hazard.
- Electrical wiring must be in accordance with local regulations.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure they do not play with the appliance.
Warning: Changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
–Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
— Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
–Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
— Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
U.S. CAUTION – You are cautioned that any changes or modifications not expressly approved in this manual could void your authority to operate this equipment.
User Maintenance: Any servicing is to be performed by an authorized service representative. Use original packaging for storage when the appliance is not used.
Disconnect power before servicing or replacing lights. Use only AeroGarden LED Light replacement.
DO NOT SUBMERGE
HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
Do not immerse cord in water or other liquid, and unplug cord from outlet when not in use.
Harvest Model Number: 100690-BLK / GRY / WHT / RED
Harvest 360 Model Number: 100692-BLK / WHT / RED
Harvest Slim Model Number: 100694-BLK / WHT / SGE
AeroGrow International, Inc., P.O. Box 18450, Boulder, CO 80308-1450
The lights on the control panel are on continuously, is that normal?
Yes it is! The “Add Plant Food” light is green, the “Add Water” light is blue, and the “Light On/Off” is white. When an action is required, the light of that button will blink red.
Did any of the pods got some mold on it?
This is actually addressed in the directions. It’s normal to have growth on the pods and a positive sign! Hang in there if you see this. It means your plant should soon sprout!
Can you grow organically with this?
Yes. Our nutrients contain no harmful pesticides, herbicides or other “funny” stuff. The FDA has procedures for classifying plants as organic, but nutrients are not regulated in this way. AeroGrow nutrients are made from mineral salts that provide iron, calcium, magnesium, and other “vitamins” that life on earth need to flourish, in exactly the right amounts for your plants, derived from sources that ensure high levels of consistency and purity. Our seeds are sourced from large and small vendors from around the world. Many are heirloom seeds, organic sources are chosen when available, and GMO seeds are never used. We also have a Grow Anything Seed Kit available so you can plant your own seeds!
Can you mix and match the seed pods? Like lettuce with tomatoes, and herbs? Or can you only do all lettuce, all tomatoes, etc.?
You can mix and match seed pods, but if you intend on planting large plants, you may want to leave some vacant so the plants have room horizontally. Also, they’ll grow at different rates and it’s best to regularly prune to avoid the taller plants getting light while the shorter ones don’t. When I mix and match large plants with small ones I end up transplanting the larger plants out of the aerogarden to save the smaller plants as well as allow the larger plants to thrive in their own space
can you be certain there seeds are non-GMO?
All of our seeds are non-GMO.
Can this be kept in a non lighted room?
yes, this can be in a room with out windows, it has its own light
How do you replace the light when it goes out?
The lights are LED and should last 3-5 years.
Why does the light to fill water and add food stay on when the water level is above the fill line and I put more than enough food?
One thing you can try if the water level indicator is not working is to take out the indicator tube and clean around the indicator. This tube is located in the water bowl. Lift straight up and then replace with the magnetic end of the float facing down. Contact our Customer Service team if you are still having any trouble.
Can this be powered from a DC current source?
We do not suggest powering your garden from a DC current, this will void the warranty on your garden.
Is the plant food toxic for pets?
But the should not have access. Can’t drink the water unless is knocked down and broken
The light button don’t work and i cannot change the timer, what i should do? The unit is new
You may have to hold the button for about 3 seconds or so.
What does it mean it mold gets in one of your pods?
Take it out and start again. Mold can infect other pods
One of the pods did not sprout at all ?
two of mines took time, but all of them sprouted.
do you use tap or bottled water?
Tap water is safe to use in most places across the US. If you have very hard or very soft water then dilute it with some distilled water. If you have questions please call us at 800-476-9669.
Has anyone planted lettuce in this one?
Yes, salads thrive and grow fast in AeroGardens. The Harvest is the perfect size for growing lettuces.
can you use your own seeds ? or have to use the special seed pods ?
You can use our Grow Anything Seed Pod Kit(s) to plant the seeds of your choice. Please reach out to our Customer Service Team on the Aerogarden website with any further questions or concerns.