angler Open Deep Softboxes
- Please read and follow these instructions, and keep this manual in a safe place.
- When setting up the QO-DP60-V2, use a heavy-duty light stand and a weight bag on the stand’s legs.
- Not for use with tungsten, halogen, or other high-heat light sources.
- Keep this unit away from water and any flammable gas or liquid.
- Handle this unit with care.
- Keep this unit away from children.
- Use parts provided by the manufacturer only.
- Make sure this item is intact and that no parts are missing before use.
- All photos in this manual are for illustrative purposes only.
Setting Up the Softbox
- Set the softbox facedown on a flat and stable surface.
- Open the softbox vents so you can securely grip each rod.
- QO-DP26-V2, QO-DP36-V2, and QO-DP-48-V2: Locking opposing rods will keep even pressure on the fabric. Use both hands to lift opposing support rods until they click in place.
QO-DP60-V2: Locking four opposing rods will make it easier to lift and lock the remaining rods. Use one hand to grip a rod, and your other hand to brace the mount. Lift four opposing rods until they click in place. Then lock the remaining rods.
- Once all the rods are locked in place, insert the Bowens speed ring into the Bowens mount of your monolight, and rotate until it locks.
- Rotate the softbox to the preferred orientation. Lock it in place by tightening the thumbscrew.
- Close the vents to prevent light leaks.
Using the Diffusers
The inner and outer diffusers soften and spread the beam for an even and flattering wraparound light.
Note: Each diffuser will reduce the light output by approx. 1 stop.
Attaching the Inner Diffuser
The inner diffuser is the smaller of the two and has snap fasteners around its edge. Attach each of the snaps to the ones on the softbox interior until the diffuser is taut.
Attaching the Outer Diffuser
Attach the outer diffuser by pressing the touchconnect strip against the inner rim of the softbox.
Note: If you plan on using the accessory grid (sold seperately), attach the diffuser to the inner half of the touch-connect strip to leave enough room for the grid.
Closing the Softbox
- Open the vents, and remove the softbox from the Bowens mount of your monolight.
- Place the softbox facedown on a flat surface.
- Lift up on each support rod while pressing the adjacent release lever. The support rods will fold down.
One-Year Limited Warranty
This Angler product is warranted to the original purchaser to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal consumer use for a period of one (1) year from the original purchase date or thirty (30) days after replacement, whichever occurs later. The warranty provider’s responsibility with respect to this limited warranty shall be limited solely to repair or replacement, at the provider’s discretion, of any product that fails during normal use of this product in its intended manner and in its intended environment. Inoperability of the product or part(s) shall be determined by the warranty provider. If the product has been discontinued, the warranty provider reserves the right to replace it with a model of equivalent quality and function.
This warranty does not cover damage or defect caused by misuse, neglect, accident, alteration, abuse, improper installation or maintenance. EXCEPT AS PROVIDED HEREIN, THE WARRANTY PROVIDER MAKES NEITHER ANY EXPRESS WARRANTIES NOR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. This warranty provides you with speciﬁc legal rights, and you may also have additional rights that vary from state to state.
To obtain warranty coverage, contact the Angler Customer Service Department to obtain a return merchandise authorization (“RMA”) number, and return the defective product to Angler along with the RMA number and proof of purchase. Shipment of the defective product is at the purchaser’s own risk and expense.
For more information or to arrange service, visit www.anglerlights.com or call Customer Service at 212-594-2353.
Product warranty provided by the Gradus Group. www.gradusgroup.com
Angler is a registered trademark of the Gradus Group. © 2021 Gradus Group LLC. All Rights Reserved.