Bluetooth Audio Receiver
Thank you for purchasing the August MR230 Bluetooth Audio Receiver. This user manual is designed to familiarise you with all the features of this device. Please take the time to read this user manual carefully, even if you are already familiar with a similar product.
To ensure the safety of you and others, please read the Safety Instructions before using this device. Please do not disassemble the product, it can be unsafe and will invalidate the manufacturer’s warranty.
Please ensure the product and accessories are disposed of in compliance with the WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) Directive and any other regulations applicable to your country. Always check with the environmental agency and any other relevant authorities for current disposal regulations.
Declaration of Conformity
The Declaration of Conformity can be found on our website at http://augustint.com/en/declaration/
You can contact us by phone on: +44 (0)845 250 0586 or by email at: [email protected] should you require further technical support or customer service.
- Do not use this device near water.
- Clean only with a dry cloth. Switch this product off before cleaning.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as stoves or other apparatus that produce heat.
- Only use the accessories supplied by the
- Do not open the device, as this will invalidate the warranty.
- Links Bluetooth Device with Speakers
- Standard 3.5mm Audio-out Socket
- Built-in Rechargeable Battery
- Distance: up to 10m (Class II)
- Bluetooth v4.2 (Backwards Compatible)
- Bluetooth Audio Receiver
- USB Power Cable
- 5mm Audio Cable
- 5mm to 2xRCAAudio Cable
- User Manual
Part Names and Functions
- Multi-Function Button
- Status LED
- Power Switch
- Power Socket
- Switch the MR230 to ON. The MR230 will enter reconnection mode and will connect automatically to any previously known device. If no known device is available, the MR230 will automatically enter pairing mode after 4 seconds and the status LED will flash red and blue alternately.
- Enable Bluetooth on the source device
- Scan for Bluetooth devices on your source Select MR230 to connect to it.
Once successfully paired, the status LED will light blue constantly.
- To pair to a new device, press and hold the multifunction button for 4 seconds to switch the MR230 into pairing mode again. This can be done either when a device is already connected to the MR230 or when the receiver is in reconnection mode. In pairing mode, the status LED will flash red and blue alternately.
Note: When the source device is switched off, the MR230 will enter reconnection mode. The LED will flash blue twice a second and you will be able to reconnect to any previously paired device. For Android source devices, the MR230 will reconnect automatically, for all other devices select the MR230 from their Bluetooth device list.
For PC connections, Windows XP and Windows Vista require third-party software to connect to Bluetooth speakers. If you are using a later version of Windows and the MR230 is not outputting audio, please check that the drivers for your PCs
Bluetooth modules are up to date and that the Audio Output source is set to the MR230.
Whilst connected to a device, press the multifunction button to mute or unmute the music.
When connected to a device or in reconnection mode, press and hold the multi-function button for 4 seconds to reset the connection and enter pairing mode again. The status LED will therefore flash twice every second red and blue alternatively and you will be able to connect the MR230 to another new device.
Resetting the receiver
To reset the device and delete all previously known devices, press and hold the multifunction button for 10 seconds. Once reset, the MR230 will re-enter pairing mode and the status LED will flash red and blue alternately.
Connect the MR230 to a powered USB port using the provided USB charging cable.
While charging, the status LED will light red and go off once the battery is fully charged.
A full charge takes approximately 1.5 hours depending on power input.
|Bluetooth Version||v4.2 + apt-X LL|
|Operating Range||Up to lOrn|
|Power Input||DC 5V/180mA|
|Internal Battery||3.7V/ 200mAh Li-polymer Battery|
|Working Time||Up to 10 hours|
|Charging Time||About 1.5 hours|
Qualcomm aptX is a product of Qualcomm Technologies International, Ltd.
Qualcomm is a trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated, registered in the United States and other countries, used with permission. aptX is a trademark of Qualcomm Technologies International, Ltd., registered in the United States and other countries, used with permission.
|Problems||Possible Causes and Solutions|
|Unable to switch on||
|Unable to pair Bluetooth source device or Bluetooth audio device||
|Can’t install the driver for MR230 on a computer||
|There is no sound from my Bluetooth audio device||
This product is guaranteed for twelve months from the date of the original purchase. In the unlikely event of any defect arising due to faulty materials or workmanship, the unit will be either replaced or repaired free of charge (where possible) during this period. An alternative product will be offered in case the product is no longer available or repairable.
This warranty is subject to the following conditions:
- The warranty is only valid within the country where the product is purchased.
- The product must be correctly installed and operated in accordance with the instructions given in this user manual.
- The product must be used solely for domestic
- The warranty only covers the main unit and does not cover the accessories.
- The warranty does not cover the damage caused by misuse, negligence, accident, and natural disaster.
- The warranty will be rendered invalid if the product is resold or has been damaged by inexpert repairs. The manufactures disclaim any liability for incidental or consequential damages.
- Please consult our customer adviser before returning any product; we are not responsible for any unexpected product returns.
- Any faulty product must be kept and returned in the original packaging with all the accessories and the original copy of the purchase receipt.
The warranty is in addition to, and does not diminish, your statutory or legal rights.
Telephone: +44 (0) 845 250 0586 Email: [email protected]
This product is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 2014/53/EU. The Declaration of conformity may be consulted online at http://www.augustint.com/en/declaration