beurer Infrared Heat Lamp
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
If the instruction manual is damaged or if you no longer have the instruction manual in your possession, please contact Beurer customer service. Please see warranty for service contact.
The manufacturer shall not be held liable for damage or injuries caused by improper or incorrect use. Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for choosing one of our products. Our name stands for high-quality, thoroughly tested products for application in the areas of heating, weight management, blood pressure, body temperature, pulse, gentle therapy, massage, and beauty. Register your product today to receive further benefits:
- added protection for your purchase
- health and wellness tips
- new product information
- continual outstanding customer service and support.
Visit www.registerbeurer.com or contact customer service at 1-800-536-0366.
Please read these instructions for use carefully and keep them for later use. Make them accessible to other users and observe the information they contain.
With kind regards,
Your Beurer Team
Important safety notes
Signs and symbols
Whenever used, the following signs identify safety and property damage messages and designate a level of hazard or seriousness.
READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS ENTIRE MANUAL, INCLUDING THE SAFETY SECTION AND ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS, COMPLETELY AND CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT. FOLLOW ALL SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS TO AVOID HAZARDOUS SITUATIONS AND TO MAKE CORRECT USE OF THIS PRODUCT.
DANGER AND WARNING:
- indicates a hazardous situation which, if not avoided, will result in death or serious injury.
- indicates a hazardous situation which, if not avoided, could result in death or serious injury.
- addresses practices not related to personal injury, such as product and/or property damage. > 30 cm Distance
- Observe the instructions for use
- hot surface
- Infrared radiation
- Protective insulation class 2
- Protected against solid foreign objects 0.49 in (12.5 mm) in diameter and larger, and against vertically falling drops of water.
Electric shock: Do not place or store product where it can fall or be pulled into a bathtub, sink, water, or other liquid.
Risk of electric shock.
• Do not use this product while bathing, showering, washing dishes, or close to water sources of any kind. Risk of electric shock.
• Do not place device in or drop into water or other liquid. Do not allow any water to be sprayed onto the unit. The unit must be operated only when it is completely dry. Risk of electric shock.
• Open the unit only to change the light bulb. Do not attempt to repair the unit in case of malfunctions. Risk of electric shock. If you need to have the unit repaired, please contact our customer service. Please see warranty for service contact.
• Do not pinch or bend the power cord or pull it over sharp objects. This can cause an electric shock.
• Do not touch the plug with wet hands – risk of electric shock!
• Do not operate this device outdoors. Risk of electric shock.
• Contact Customer Service or your dealer if the cord or housing are damaged, otherwise you risk an electric shock.
• DANGER OF AN ELECTRIC SHOCK! Do not attempt to repair the unit, otherwise problem-free operation cannot be guaranteed. Failure to observe this condition will void the warranty.
Safety advice for your health
• The power cord presents a strangulation hazard. NEVER LEAVE CHILDREN OR THOSE WHO REQUIRE CLOSE SUPERVISION UNATTENDED WITH THIS DEVICE.
• DO NOT USE INFRARED HEAT AFTER RECENT USE OF ACCUTANE OR IF YOU ARE PRESENTLY USING PHOTOSENSITIZING DRUGS OR COSMETICS!
• Do not touch the unit with wet hands if it is plugged in.
• Route the power cord so that it does not pose a trip hazard.
• Keep children away from packaging materials (risk of suffocation).
• Do not use on babies and small children.
• This device is not intended for use on changing units, cots or similar.
• Children do not understand the risks associated with electrical appliances.
• Make sure that the unit cannot be used unsupervised by children.
Operation / proper use:
• Packaging materials are a deadly hazard for children and can cause suffocation. Remove all packaging materials immediately and keep them away from children at all times.
• Remove all packaging materials before using the unit.
• Before use, ensure that there is no visible damage to the unit or accessories. Never operate the unit if it
– has any damaged parts, e.g. housing,
– has been exposed to extreme humidity or to any
– liquids inside the housing,
– has been dropped,
– is not working properly.
• If the unit does not function correctly or if you notice any abnormalities, e.g. an unusual noise or smell, stop using the unit immediately. When in doubt, do not use the unit and contact Beurer customer service. (Please see warranty for service contact).
• This product should never be left unattended when in operation.
• Before you clean the unit, always switch it off, unplug it and let it cool off completely.
• Do not carry this appliance by supply cord or use cord as handle.
• The unit must be protected and stored away from sources of heat. (e.g. stoves, heating radiators)
• Connect the unit only to the voltage listed on the data plate.
• Do not allow water to spray onto the unit.
• The unit must be operated only when it is completely dry.
• Please make sure the unit is not placed on flammable materials such as table cloths or carpets.
• Do not leave any easily flammable or melt able items close to the unit.
• The manufacturer is not liable for damage caused by improper or incorrect use.
• It is strongly recommended NOT to use the unit in the following cases in order to prevent health injuries:
– for persons insensitive to heat. Heat sensitivity can be reduced or increased in the following cases:
– in diabetic patients
– in people suffering from drowsiness, dementia or a lack of concentration
– in people with skin changes caused by illness
– in people with scarred skin in the treatment area
– in people with allergies
– in children and elderly people
– after taking medicine or consuming alcohol.
• Using the unit is not a substitute for consultation with or treatment from a physician. Whenever you have any pain, illness or discomfort, always contact your physician first. If you have an emergency please call 911 immediately.
• If you start feeling any discomfort, pain, drowsiness or other change in your condition, stop using the unit immediately. For medical advice please contact a licensed physician. If you have an emergency please call 911 immediately.
• This device is not intended to be used by persons (including children) with restricted physical (e.g. activity limitations, disabilities), sensory (e.g. insensitivity to pain) or mental disabilities (e.g. mental disorders) or persons lacking the required experience or knowledge for safe operation of the device, unless closely supervised by a person responsible for their safety. NEVER LEAVE THOSE WHO REQUIRE CLOSE SUPERVISION UNATTENDED WITH THIS DEVICE.
• Never use this product while in bed.
• Use the unit only on human beings and for its intended purpose and in the manner described in these instructions for use. Any improper use can be dangerous!
• Do not operate the unit in the presence of flammable gases, oxygen and aerosol spray products. Non-compliance may result in e.g. fire, burns, explosions, etc.
• Do not use this unit while operating a vehicle or a machine.
• The glass screen and unit housing become very hot during operation. You could be burned by touching it!
• Switch the unit off immediately if it becomes faulty or malfunctions.
• Do not pull on the power cord to remove the plug from the outlet.
• Do not touch the hot glass when operating the buttons (On/Off and timer). Risk of burns.
• Do not use infrared heat directly on your face, do not look directly at the infrared light; close or cover the eyes. Infrared heat does not tan your skin!
• Some circumstances, like medicines, cosmetics and food can lead to oversensitive or allergic skin reactions. Treatment should be discontinued immediately in these cases.
• When in doubt use only after consultation with your doctor.
• Do not use the unit if there is the risk of you falling asleep!
• Excessive exposure can result in skin burns.
• Maintain a distance of at least 3 feet from other objects, both to protect the unit itself from overheating and to prevent the risk of fire.
Operation / proper use:
• This unit is not intended for commercial or clinical use, but only for private household use!
• Place the unit on a solid and even surface.
• Unwind the power cord fully.
• Do not bump the unit while it is operating or cooling down or you could damage the lamp.
• The infrared heat lamp must only be used with suitable Beurer accessories. The use of other accessories may damage the device and can impair its usage.
• Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
• Always remove the plug from the outlet when the unit is not being used, when cleaning it or in the event of a malfunction, smoke or unusual smell.
• An appropriate distance between the infrared lamp and the desired treatment area must be maintained during treatment so that no skin irritation, such as tingling, itching, burning or too high heat sensitivity occurs. Stop the treatment if this occurs. Alternatively, increase the radiation distance and reduce the radiation duration.
• This device is not intended for radiation from above.
• The unit should not be used if it has been dropped, exposed to extreme humidity or damaged in any other way.
• Special care and caution is necessary if using the unit for a long period.
• Do not hang the unit on the wall or from the ceiling.
• Disconnection from the power supply is only guaranteed if the plug has been removed from the wall outlet.
• For repairs, contact Customer Service or an authorized dealer (please see warranty for service contact).
• Before use, make sure the unit has no visible damage. If in doubt, do not use the unit and contact your dealer or the customer service. This applies especially to scratches and cracks in the glass or cracks in the housing.
• Use an easily accessible power supply so that you can disconnect the plug quickly in an emergency.
• Protect the unit or the parts from strong impacts such as dropping the unit on the floor.
• Protect the unit against dust, dirt and moisture. This may damage the device.
• Portable and mobile RF communication devices can disrupt electrical medical equipment. Technical electromagnetic compatibility data is available on request from Beurer customer service. (Please see warranty for service contact)
• NOTE: The manufacturer is not responsible for any radio or TV interference caused by unauthorized modifications to this equipment. Such modifications could void the user authority to operate the equipment.
• The distance to the infrared heat lamp depends largely on personal heat sensitivity and the treatment concerned. Make sure the distance between the infrared heat lamp and the body part being treated is not less than 12 inches (30 cm).
• The eye-protection cover included must be worn for treatment distances under 80 cm. The protective eyewear corresponds to the requirements of EN 171:2002 and serves to protect the eyes.
• The material of the eye-protection cover may initially smell. This smell will dissipate after a few uses.
• The eye-protection cover must only be used in combination with this infrared device.
• Always limit the length of use and check for skin reactions.
Cleaning and Storage:
• Never immerse the unit in water or any other liquid. Never hold the complete device under running water to clean it. Otherwise liquid can enter it and cause damage.
• Ensure that no water penetrates inside the unit!
• Before cleaning the unit, switch it off, unplug it and allow it to cool down completely before you touch it or pack it away.
• Do not put the device or accessories in a dishwasher, washing machine or tumble dryer.
• Do not use any aggressive solvents, cleaning agents, detergents or any other strong chemicals to clean the device.
• Store the device and accessories in a location protected against environmental influences, i.e. in a safe and dry location. Do not expose the device and accessories to direct sunlight, extreme hot or cold temperatures or humidity (e.g. in the bathroom).
• Dispose of the device, components and optional accessories according to applicable local regulations. Unlawful disposal may cause environmental pollution.
For details of the delivery scope, see description of the device and accessories on page 5.
• Infrared heat lamp
• These instructions for use
• Eye-protection cover
Important information on the device
The unit is protected against overheating by an automatic thermal cut-off Protective insulation.
The unit is intended for directing infrared radiation at the human body.
Any other use is regarded as improper. This unit is not designed for commercial use, but for use in the private home!
Description of device and accessories
1 Swivelling body with handles
3 On/Off switch
4 Remaining time display
5 Time selector
6 Foot with integrated cable channel for coiling the power cable.
• Place the unit on a solid and even surface. The unit must not be set up on a slope or laying down.
• The minimum distance between flammable items and the infrared lamp must not be less than 40 inches (1 m).
Unpacking and setup
• The timer switches off automatically at the end of the set time.
• The swiveling body allows you to adjust the infrared heat lamp to suit your needs.
• Insert the plug into a wall outlet.
• Switch on the unit at the On/Off switch (3). The remaining time display (4) shows 15 minutes.
• Set the desired treatment time (1 to 15 minutes) by pressing the time selector (5) several times.
• The set time will appear on the display (4).
Preparing for treatment
• Arrange yourself in front of the unit so you can relax and enjoy the treatment of the part of the body concerned.
• Tilt the lamp so the unit is angled directly at the part of the body being treated.
• The distance to the infrared heat lamp depends largely on personal heat sensitivity and the treatment concerned.
• Make sure the distance between the infrared heat lamp and the part of the body being treated is not less than 12 inches (30 cm) and not more than 16 inches (40 cm)!
Do not use the unit for more than 15 minutes at a time (risk of overheating). Allow the unit to cool down before you use it again.
Risk of burns: Remove any metal items, e.g. belt buckles, necklaces, bras, jewellery or piercings, from the treatment area before switching on the device as they can become very hot.
We recommend short treatment times at the beginning.
However, even when the unit is used correctly, the skin of some people can have an oversensitive or allergic reaction to the heat treatment (e.g. intense redness, blisters, itching, heavy sweating).
Starting the unit
• Always close or cover your eyes when radiating the face.
• Press the On/Off switch (3)
• The unit will turn on automatically after a short time.
• The Time Display (4) will show 15 minutes (Recommended treatment time).
• You can press the time selector (5) to reduce the treatment time. Each push reduces the time by 1 minute.
• The infrared heat lamp switches off automatically after the set time.
• To end the treatment before the timer runs out, use the On/Off switch (3) and disconnect the power plug.
Important: Do not touch the hot glass
• Examine the part of the body treated frequently and check for skin reactions. Cease exposure immediately if there are any signs of oversensitivity or an allergic reaction, and consult a doctor.
• The unit can be switched off at any time using the On/Off switch (3).
• Do not cover up or pack the unit away while it is still warm.
• The fan will continue running for 5 minutes after you have finished using the device in order to cool it down. Please do not unplug the device during this period.
• Once the cooling period has finished, the fan will switch itself off. Switch off the device and remove the mains plug from the socket.
Note: The bulb is fragile when hot. After operation, let the device cool down before you move it.
Before cleaning the unit, switch it off, unplug it and allow it to cool down completely before you touch it or pack it away.
The unit can be cleaned with a damp cloth. Do not use cleaning agents.
Ensure that no water enters the unit.
Changing the infrared lamp
Remember that a faulty lamp should only be replaced with a lamp of the same type.
Danger of electric shock!
• Before changing the lamp, switch the device off, unplug it and allow it to cool down completely.
• Light bulbs are not covered by warranty.
• Risk of burning on hot surfaces!
Always hold the bulb by the end, do not touch the bulb.
- Place the cool unit with the glass ceramic plate down on a flat surface.
- Using a suitable crosshead screwdriver, undo the 8 screws in the back panel.
- Place the body so that the front ofthe glass ceramic plate is lying on the flat surface.
- Take the cool lamp by the left or right end and press it carefully to the right or left.
- Now lift it forwards and out of the socket.
Use a cloth to hold the new lamp when inserting it, not bare fingers, as the grease on your skin could damage the coating on the lamp.
- Insert the new lamp in the socket. The new lamp is inserted in the reverse order to removal.
- Close the unit again. The unit is closed in the reverse order to opening it.
Make sure that no foreign objects are left in the body of the unit and that nocables become trapped.
Type: Halogen lamp 110 V – 130 V / 300 W 118 mm long for R7S socket
Original Order no. 162.783
The service life of the lamp should be approximately 2000 hours
Remove the plug from the wall outlet and let the unit cool down completely before you move it or pack it away.
If possible, store the infrared heat lamp in its original packaging in a dry place.
Dispose of the device, components and optional accessories according to applicable local regulations.
Unlawful disposal may cause environmental pollution.
In the interests of environmental protection the infrared lamp should not be discarded with household garbage at the end of its service life. Dispose of the unit at a suitable local collection or recycling point.
Follow the local regulations for disposal of materials. Dispose of the unit in accordance with the local Directive for waste electrical and electronic equipment. If you have any questions, please contact the local authorities responsible for waste disposal.
This equipment complies with European and US Standards EN 60601-1-2 and is subject to specific safety provisions for electromagnetic compatibility. Please note, however, that portable and mobile HF communication equipment may influence this unit. Further details may be obtained from our Customer Service Department.
|AC 110V – 120V / 60 Hz
|Adjustable from 1 to 15 minutes in one-minute steps.
|Dimensions (W x H x D)
|10.6 x 11.2 x 7.7 in
(270 x 285 x 195 mm)
|Approx. 3.5 lbs (1.6 kg)
|Temperature: 50 – 95°F (10°C to 35°C)
Relative humidity: ≤ 90%
|Storage and transport
|Temperature: 14 –122°F (-10°C to 50°C)
Relative humidity: ≤ 90%
|max. radiation intensity at a dis- tance of 11.8 in (30 cm)
490 W/sq m
|A + B
We retain the right to make technical modifications to improve and further develop the product. For manufacturing reasons, the color of the glass may change during operation but this does not affect the performance or quality of the unit.
If the device is used outside of the specifications, proper function is no longer guaranteed! We reserve the right to make technical changes to improve and further develop the product.
This device and its accessories comply with US standards and are subject to special safety measures in terms of electromagnetic tolerance. Note that portable and mobile RF communication equipment can affect this device. For detailed information, contact customer service at the address provided.
• The device complies with current specifications with regard to electromagnetic compatibility and is suitable for use in all premises, including those designated for private residential purposes. The radio frequency emissions of the device are extremely low and in all probability do not cause any interference with other devices in the proximity.
• It is recommended that you do not place the device on top of or close to other electronic devices. Should you notice any interference with other electrical devices, move the device or connect it to a different socket.
• Radio equipment and TV interference may affect the operation of this device.
FCC Compliance Information
Infrared heat lamp IL 50
Responsible Party – U.S. Contact Information:
Beurer North America LP
1 Oakwood Blvd, Suite 255
Hollywood, FL 33020
FCC Compliance Statement
This device complies with Part 18 of the FCC Rules. Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Consumer ISM equipment, pursuant to Part 18 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio fre quency energy and, if not installed and used in accor dance with the instructions, may cause harmful inter ference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particu lar installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
– Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
– Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
– Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
– Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Warranty and Service
Limited Lifetime Warranty For Original Purchaser
Your Beurer Infrared heat lamp, Model IL 50, excluding all enclosed accessories as these require routine maintenance, is warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the life of the product under normal
conditions of intended use and service. This warranty extends only to the original retail purchaser and does not extend to retailers or subsequent owners.
We will, at our option, repair or replace the Beurer Product, Model IL 50, without charge, for any part or parts covered by these written warranties. No refunds will be given. Repair or replacement is our only responsibility and your only remedy under this written warranty. If replacement parts for defective materials are not available, Beurer reserves the right to make product substitutions in lieu of repair or replacement.
For warranty service contact our customer service department at 1-800-536-0366 or at [email protected] to provide a description of the problem. If the problem is deemed to be within the scope of the limited lifetime warranty, you will be asked to mail the product at your costs in its original package with proof of purchase, your name, address and phone number. If the problem is not deemed to be within the scope of the limited lifetime warranty, we will provide quotation for repair, respectively, replacement and return shipping fee.
This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; failures of the Infrared heat lamp, tubing, or accessories; parts or cleaning solutions; the attachment of unauthorized accessories; alteration to the product; improper installation; misapplication; lack of reasonable care with respect to the product; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/ power supply; normal wear; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating part as a result of failure to comply with instructions for use or to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance; transit damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss of use during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of Beurer. This warranty is void if the product is ever used in a commercial or business
environment. The maximum liability of Beurer under this warranty is limited to the purchase price actually paid by the customer for the product covered by the warranty, as confirmed by proof of purchase, regardless of the amount of any other direct or indirect damage suffered by the customer.
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adaptation to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OBLIGATIONS, OR LIABILITES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS APPLICABLE WRITTEN WARRANTY. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
IN NO EVENT SHALL BEURER BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF THIS OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR
ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHATSOEVER. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of special, incidental, or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
Beurer does not authorize anyone, including, but not limited to, retailers, the subsequent consumer purchaser of the product from a retailer or remote purchaser, to obligate Beurer in any way beyond the terms set forth herein.
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged and/or resealed products, including but not limited to sale of such products on Internet auction sites and/or products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shall immediately cease and terminate in connection with any products or parts thereof which are repaired, replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior explicitly written consent of Beurer.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state.