beurer TS15 Heated Underblanket Instruction Manual
Thank you for choosing a product from our range. Our name stands for high-quality, thoroughly tested products for applications in the areas of heat, weight, blood pressure, body temperature, pulse, gentle therapy,
massage, beauty, air and baby.
With kind regards
Your Beurer team
Explanation of symbols
The following symbols are used on the device, in these instructions for use, on the packaging and on the type plate for the device:
- Read the instructions!
- Do not insert pins!
- Do not use folded or rucked!
- Not to be used by very young children (0 – 3 years).
- Dispose of packaging in an environmentally friendly manner.
- Wash at a maximum temperature of 30 °C, Very gentle wash
- Do not bleach
- Do not dry in a tumble dryer
- Do not iron
- Do not dry-clean
- This product satisfies the requirements of the applicable European and national directives.
- The device has double protective insulation and therefore complies with protection class 2.
- The products demonstrably meet the requirements of the Technical Regulations of the EAEU.
- Please dispose of the device in accordance with EC Directive – WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment).
WARNING: Warning of risks of injury or health hazards
CAUTION: Safety information about possible damage to appliance/accessories.
NOTE: Important information.
Items included in the package
Check that the exterior of the cardboard delivery packaging is intact and make sure that all contents are present. Before use, ensure that there is no visible damage to the device or accessories and that all packaging material has been removed. If you have any doubts, do not use the device and contact your retailer or the specified Customer Service address.
- 1 Heated underblanket
- 1 Control
- 1 Instructions for use
- Power plug
- Power cord
- Illuminated temperature settings
- Slider for ON/OFF and temperature settings
- Plug-in coupling
Important instructions Retain for future use
- Failure to observe the information provided below can lead to personal injury or material damage (electric shock, skin burns, fire).
The following safety and hazard information not only serves to protect your health and the health of others, it also protects the product from damage. Therefore, observe this safety information and pass on these instructions together with the product.
- This heated underblanket must not be used by people who are not sensitive to heat or by vulnerable people who may not be able to react to overheating (e.g. diabetics, persons with skin changes related to illness or persons with scarred skin in the area where the pad is to be applied, after taking any pain-relieving medication or alcohol).
- This heated underblanket may not be used for very young children under the age of three (0-3) due to their inability to react to overheating.
- This heated underblanket may not be used for young children over the age of three (3-8) unless the control has been pre-set by a parent or guardian and unless the child has been adequately instructed how to operate the heated underblanket safely.
- This heated underblanket can be used by older children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
- Children must not play with the heated underblanket.
- Cleaning and user maintenance must not be performed by childrenunless supervised.
- This heated underblanket is not intended for use in hospitals.
- The device is only intended for domestic/private use, not for commercial use.
- Do not insert pins.
- Do not use folded or rucked.
- Do not use if wet.
- If the heated underblanket is used on an adjustable bed, check that the underblanket and cord do not become trapped or rucked, for example in hinges.
- This heated underblanket may only be used in conjunction with the control specified on the rating label.
- The electrical and magnetic fields emitted by this heated underblanket may interfere with the function of a pacemaker. However, they are still well within the limits: electrical field strength: max. 5000 V/m, magnetic field strength: max. 80 A/m, magnetic flux density: max. 0.1 millitesla. Please consult your doctor and the manufacturer of your pacemaker before using this heated underblanket.
- Do not pull, twist or make any sharp kinks in the cables.
- This heated underblanket must be examined frequently for signs of wear or damage. If there are such signs, if the heated underblanket has been misused or does not work, return it to the supplier before switching it on again.
- Under no circumstances should you open or repair the device yourself, as faultless functionality can no longer be guaranteed thereafter. Failure to adhere to this instruction will void the warranty.
- If the mains connection cable of this device is damaged, it must be disposed of. If it cannot be removed, the device must be disposed of
- When this heated underblanket is switched on:
- Do not place any sharp objects on it
- Do not place any heat sources, such as hot water bottles, heat pads or similar, on it.
- The electronic components in the control warm up when the heated underblanket is in use. For this reason, the controller must never b covered or placed on the heated underblanket when it is in use.
- It is essential to observe the information relating to the following chapters: Operation, Cleaning and maintenance, Storage.
- Should you still have questions on using our appliances, please contact our customer service.
This heated underblanket is designed for warming beds, only.
- This heated underblanket is equipped with a SAFETY SYSTEM. This sensor technology prevents the entire surface of the heated underblanket from overheating by automatically switching off the heated underblanket in the event of a fault. If the safety system has switched off the heated underblanket, the temperature setting is not illuminated any more even when the heated underblanket is switched on.
- Please note that the heated underblanket is not operable any more due to safety reasons in this case and has to be sent to the service address indicated.
- Do not connect the defective heated underblanket with another control of the same type. This would trigger a permanent switch-off via the control’s safety system.
Putting into operation
This heated underblanket must be fixed onto the mattress.
- Leave space for the pillow and place the heated underblanket on the mattress with the plug-in connector facing the pillow. Here, the plug-in connector is located on the underside of the heated underblanket.
- Stretch all of the elastic straps over the corners of the mattress. All 4 corners of the heated underblanket are then fixed onto the mattress.
Regularly check the position of the heated underblanket on the mattress. The heated underblanket must never be used if it is folded.
After you have fixed the heated underblanket to the mattress, simply put your bed sheet on top as usual so that the heated underblanket is between the mattress and the bed sheet.
Make sure that the heated underblanket is spread out entirely flat and that it will not rumple up or crease when in use.
- To operate the heated underblanket connect the control to the heated underblanket by plugging in the connector.
- Then plug in the power plug into the mains outlet.
To switch on the heated underblanket, set the slider for ON/OFF and temperature settings to setting 1, 2 or 3.
The temperature settings are illuminated when switched on.
Setting the temperature
- Setting 0: OFF
- Setting 1: minimum heat
- Setting 2: medium heat
- Setting 3: maximum heat
- The fastest way to warm up the heatd underblanket is to initially set the highest temperature setting.
- We strongly recommend switching on the heated underblanket approx. 30 minutes before going to bed and covering it with the quilt to prevent the warmth from escaping.
If the heated underblanket is used continuously (for several hours) it is recommended to use the lowest setting of the control to avoid overheating of the user.
To switch off the heated underblanket, set the slider for ON/OFF and temperature settings to the “0” (OFF) position. The temperature settings are then no longer illuminated.
If the heated underblanket is not used for several days, set the slider for ON/OFF and temperature settings to the “0” (OFF) position and remove the power plug from the socket. Then remove the control from the heated underblanket by disconnecting it at the connector.
Cleaning and care
Always remove the power plug from the mains outlet and remove the control from the heated underblanket by disconnecting it at the connector. Otherwise there is a risk of electric shock.
The control must never get in contact to water or other liquids. Otherwise the control may be damaged.
- To clean the control, use a dry, lint-free cloth. Do not use any chemical or abrasive cleaning agents.
- The textile cover can be cleaned in accordance with the symbols on the label and must be removed from the heating pad prior to cleaning.
Note that the heated underblanket must not be dry-cleaned, wrung out, machine dried or ironed.
- The heated underblanket is machine washable.
- Set the washing machine to a particularly gentle, 30 °C cycle (woolens programme). Use a mild detergent with dosage according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Note that the heated underblanket will suffer from too frequent washing. For its entire life, therefore, the heated underblanket should be washed not more than 5 times in a washing machine.
- While the heated underblanket is still damp after washing, shape it to its original form and size and place it flat over a clothes drying rack to dry.
- Do not attach the heated underblanket to washing lines with washing pegs or the like. Otherwise the heated underblanket may be damaged.
- Only reconnect the control to the heated underblanket after the connector and the heated underblanket are completely dry. Otherwise the heated underblanket may be damaged.
Under no circumstances switch on the heated underblanket to dry it. Otherwise there is a risk of an electric shock.
When not in use we recommend to store the heated underblanket in its original packaging. For this purpose, disconnect the control from the heated underblanket by unplugging the plug-in coupling.
- Allow the heated underblanket to cool down before folding. Otherwise
the heated underblanket may be damaged.
- Do not crease the heated underblanket by placing items on top of it
For environmental reasons, do not dispose of the device in the household waste at the end of its useful life. Dispose of the unit at a suitable local collection or recycling point. Dispose of the device in accordance with EC Directive – WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment). If you have any questions, please contact the local authorities responsible for waste disposal.
In the event of problems
|The temperature settings are not illuminated while
||The safety system has switched the heating underblanket off permanently||Send the heating underblanket and the control for servicing.|
For technical data, see the rating label on the heated underblanket.
Beurer GmbH, Söflinger Straße 218, 89077 Ulm, Germany (hereinafter referred to as “Beurer”) provides a warranty for this product, subject to the requirements below and to the extent described as follows.
The warranty conditions below shall not affect the seller’s statutory warranty obligations which ensue from the sales agreement with the buyer.
The warranty shall apply without prejudice to any mandatory statutory provisions on liability.
Beurer guarantees the perfect functionality and completeness of this product.
The worldwide warranty period is 5 years, commencing from the purchase of the new, unused product from the seller.
The warranty only applies to products purchased by the buyer as a consumer and used exclusively for personal purposes in the context of domestic use. German law shall apply.
During the warranty period, should this product prove to be incomplete or defective in functionality in accordance with the following provisions, Beurer shall carry out a repair or a replacement delivery free of charge, in accordance with these warranty conditions.
If the buyer wishes to make a warranty claim, they should approach their local retailer in the first instance: see the attached “International Service” list of service addresses.
The buyer will then receive further information about the processing of the warranty claim, e.g. where they can send the product and what documentation is required.
A warranty claim shall only be considered if the buyer can provide Beurer, or an authorised Beurer partner, with
- a copy of the invoice/purchase receipt, and
- the original product.
The following are explicitly excluded from this warranty:
- deterioration due to normal use or consumption of the product;
- accessories supplied with this product which are worn out or used up through proper use (e.g. batteries, rechargeable batteries, cuffs, seals, electrodes, light sources, attachments and nebuliser accessories);
- products that are used, cleaned, stored or maintained improperly and/or contrary to the provisions of the instructions for use, as well as products that have been opened, repaired or modified by the buyer or by a service centre not authorised by Beurer;
- damage that arises during transport between manufacturer and customer, or between service centre and customer;
- products purchased as seconds or as used goods;
- consequential damage arising from a fault in this product (however, in this case, claims may exist arising from product liability or other compulsory statutory liability provisions).
Repairs or an exchange in full do not extend the warranty period under any circumstances.