BOSS BLUETOOTH MP3-Compatiable Digital Media AM/FMReceiver User Manual
First complete the electrical connections and then check for correctness.
This unit can be installed in any dashboard Having an opening as shown below.
Insert mounting collar into the dashboard and bend the mounting tabs out with a screwdriver. Make sure that lock lever is flush with the mounting collar( not projecting outward).
Connect all wiring harness and slide the head unit into the mounting collar until it clicks into place.
- +12V DC Negative Ground
- Only use speakers with 4 ohms impedance.
- The maximum current of the Amp remote trigger is 200mA.
- (power) / SRC (source) button
- SEL (select/menu) button and VOL (volume) knob
- BND(BAND) / AMS(automatic store station, automatic music search) and (answer call) button
- (pause/play), Preset station 1 button
- INT (intro). Preset station 2 button
- RPT (repeat), Preset station 3 button
- RDM (random), Preset station 4 button
- -10(previous 10 tracks), previous folder, Preset station 5 button
- +10(next 10 tracks), next folder, Preset station 6 button
- CLK (clock setting), MUTE button, (end call) button
- (tune/seek down, previous track, fast reverse) button
- (tune/ seek up, next track, fast forward) button
- Hands-free Microphone
- LCD Display
- USB Pon
- AUX IN (auxiliary input) jack
- Reset button
Turn Unit on/off, Change the Source
- Press the /SRC button to turun on the unit. Press and hold the/SRC button to turn off the unit.
- Press the/SRC button to select the different modes: Radio, USB(with USB device inserted). AUX-IN(auxiliary input) and BT(Bluetooth) modes. Adjust the volume (VOL) Rotate the VOL knob to increase or decrease the volume level.
Adjust Menu Options (SEL)
- Press SEL button repeatedly to cycle through the following adjustable audio functions:
- BASS/TREBLE:-7, -6, ~, 1, 0, +1,~, +6, +7
- BALANCE:L7, L6,~, L1, 0, R1,~,R6, R7
- FADER:R7, R6, ~, R1, 0, F1, ~ ,F6, F7
- EQ(Equalizer) Setting: OFF, CLASS, ROCK, POP, FLAT
- Loudness: LOUD ON/OFF
- DX/LOCAL: Enables or disables the local broadcast mode (LOCAL).
- Stereo/Mono: Switches between MONO and STEREO reception mode for radio frequencies.
- CLOCK 12/24: Select between 12 hours and 24 hours display.
Note: If 12 hour display is selected , AM= Morning; PM= Afternoon
- AREA US/EU: This car radio is equipped the USA / Europe frequency. Rotate the volume knob to switch between USA and Europe frequency. The system will change the frequency setting in about 3 seconds.
- 7 color-changing illumination in buttons:
This car radio device is equipped 7 color-changing illumination in buttons. The illumination color can be preset Auto(color automatically change one by one), blue, red, Cyan, Green, Purple, Yellow, White.
- Rotate the VOL knob to adjust the selected item.
Setting the Clock
Press and hold the CLK button to display time. Press the CLK button, the hours digits start flashing on the display. Set hours by pressing theandbutton. Then briefly press the CLK button. The minute digits start flashing. Set minutes by pressing theandFinally press the CLK button to confirm your settings.
In power on mode, briefly press the MUTE button to toggle mute on or off.
Auxiliary Input Jack
Push the RESET button with a thin object with a pointed end to reset all parameters to factory default settings.This function may be used when the LCD does not display normally or sound is distorted, or when any of controls are disabled.
Switch Between USA area and Europe area Frequency
In radio mode, press the SEL button to enter the switch state of the US (USA) and EU(europe)frequency, then rotate it to switch between US(USA) and EU(europe) frequency. The system will change the frequency setting in about 3 seconds.
In radio mode, shortly press the BAND/AMS button to switch between the FM1(F1), FM2(F2), FM3(F3) and AM1(A1), AM2(A2) bands.
To Store / Recall Preset Stations
The radio can be stored 6 preset stations for each band (FM1, FM2, FM3, AM1 and AM2) for atotal of 30 preset stations.
To memorize a station:
Press and hold the desired preset buttons (1-6) to save a radio station.
To recall a preset station:
Briefly press the respective station button (1-6) to recall the corresponding preset station.
In the radio mode:
Press and hold the or button to enter the manual tuning mode.
In manual tuning mode, briefly press the or button to search the next or previous frequency step by step.
In radio mode, press the or button, the automatic search will start, it will search upward or downward for the strong signal radio station within the cuttent band. The auto searching will stop until find a station.
Automatic Store Preset station (AMS)
Press and hold the BAND/AMS button to store 18 FM stations and 12 AM stations automatically.
If you would like to playback files contained in a USB stick, please insert the stick into the USB port. The MP3/WMA files will be played automatically.
The USB port of this car radio is also designed for charging for iPhone / android mobile phone. The charging current consumption is 1 ampere.
Select Next Track or Previous Track
In the USB mode, briefly press the or button to play the the next or previou track.
Press and hold the or button to fast forward or reverse a track.
Play / Pause
- Press the button to interrupt the playback of a music (pause function).
- Press this button again to continue the playback.
Press the INT button to play the first 10 seconds of all track.
Press again to stop theintroduction scan, and play the current track.
Repeating the track
Press the RPT button to toggle between RPT ALL (Play all track), RPT FLR (Continuously repeats all tracks in current folder) and RPT ONE (Continuously repeats current track).
Playing all tracks in random
- Press the RDM button. A random playback of all tracks will start.
- Press the button again to set the normal playback.
- Press the -10/+10 buttons to jump 10 tracks backward or forward. It is required that over 10 tracks be available on the storage medium.
- Press and hold the -10/+10 button to select the previous or the next folder. (If there are folders on the storage medium.)
Select the track or file for playback in MP3 format
- Press and hold the BND/AMS button to enter track search mode. First “TRK0000“ will appear on the display.
- Rotate the volume knob and select the “first number”. Then press the press the button to move the “first number” to left and enter the next number.
- When the desired track number appears, confirm your selection by pressing SEL button. If no any operation in 5 seconds,it will play the current track.
Using this socket, it is possible to hear the sound of other playback devices such as MP3 players, CD players etc. through the car loudspeaker.
- Please connect the external device with a 3.5 mm stereo jack plug to the AUX socket.
- Press the SRC button repeatedly until “AUX IN” appears in the display.
- You hear the playback from the external device via the loudspeakers. You can adjust the volume of the external device to a comfortable level with the volume control of this device.
Pair and Connect
Prior to using the Bluetooth device as a handsfree system for a Bluetooth enabled mobile phone for the first time, you must pair and connect the two devices as follows:
- In any mode, prior to pairing and connecting, the BT logo in the LCD indicating that no device is connected. To begin pairing, enable BT mode on your mobile phone.
- When the phone finds the car audio system, the “BOSS 455BRGB” name will be displayed.
- Choose the “BOSS 455BRGB” from the device list to pair and connect with the car audio system. Upon confirming, the BT logo will stop flashing.
- When pairing is complete, the mobile phone audio will automatically transfer to the car audio system whenever a call is made or received, or when the mobile phone plays music.
Make a Call
To make a call, dial the call directly from the paired mobile phone.
Redial Last Dialed Number
Press and hold the button on the control panel to redial the last dialed phone number.
Answer a Call
- When the mobile phone is called, the incoming telephone number displays on the LCD.
- To receive the call, press the e/ button on the front panel or remote control.
Reject or End a Call
To reject or end the call, press theButton on the front panel or remote control.
Switch Audio Between Car
Audio and mobile Phone During a call, press the VOL knob/button to switch the audio source from the car audio system back to your mobile phone.
Adjust Call Volume
VOL knob to adjust the call volume level.
Audio Streaming (A2DP)
The unit supports A2DP (advanced audio distribution profile) wireless streaming audio from your Bluetooth mobile device directly to your head unit. You can also control your music from the front panel of the head unit using AVRCP (audio video remote control profile).
- After pairing, connecting and enabling streaming audio from a compatible mobile device,
press the SRC button to enter BT mode and display pause on the LCD display.
- When a mobile device is paired, music played through that device will automatically be heard through the car audio system and display A2DP in the LCD display.
- Press the or button to play the next or previous on the mobile phone.
- Press the button to pause or resume music playback
|Power supply Requirement :||DC 12V|
|Maximum power output||50W X 4CH|
|Speaker impedance :||4 – 8 Ohm|
|Unit Dimensions(WxHxD) :||7.0 X 2.0 X 3.8 inch|
|Weight||1.54 Lb (0.7 kg)|
|Frequency Range:||87.5 MHz – 107.9 MHz (USA) 87.5 MHz – 108.0MHz (EUROPE)|
|Channel step:||200 KHz(USA) 50 KHz(EUROPE)|
|Frequency Range||530 KHz – 1710 KHz (USA) 522-1620 KHz(EUROPE)|
|Channel step:||10 KHz(USA) 9 KHz(EUROPE)|
|Usable Audio Formats:||MP3/WMA|
|USB Port Type:||2.0|
|Pre-amp Output:||Front and Rear|
|Frequency Response:||20 Hz – 20KHz|
|BT Profile supports:||Headset, Handsfree and A2DP & AVRCP|
|Range of frequency:||2.4GHz spectrum|
If you suspect something is wrong, immediately switch power off. Do not use the unit in abnormal condition, for example without sound, or with smoke or foul smell, can cause fire or electric shock. Immediately stop using it and call the store where you purchased it. Never try to repair the unit by yourself because it is dangerous to do so.
- Car’s engine switch Is not on. Turn you car’s key to ACC or ON.
- Cable Is not correctly connected. Check the connection.
- Fuse is burnt. Replace fuse.
- Volume Is In mute or minimum. Check volume or mule onioff, adjust volume to a desired level.
- Sound skips. The installation angle is more than 30′. Adjust the installation angle less than 30″
- The operation keys do not work. The built.in micro. computer is not operating properly due to noise. Press the RESET button to restore the program to zero ■
- Much noise In broadcasts. Station or signal is too weak Select other stations of stronger signal level
- The antenna cable Is not connected. Insert the antenna cable firmly into the antenna socket of this car radio
- Preset station Is reset. Battery cable is not correctly connected. Connect the battery cable to the terminal that is always live
USB Is connecting but no sound
- USB connection is not good. Take it out and insert again.
- USB is damaged or no music file inside. Change to another USB. or record music inside it