COPPER CHEF Wonder Cooker XL Owner’s Manual
Do not use the Copper Chef™ Wonder Cooker XL until you have read this manual thoroughly.
Before You Begin
It is important that you read this entire manual, ensuring that you are completely familiar with using your Copper Chef cookware.
- NEVER leave Copper Chef cookware or any pan empty over a hot burner. This could ruin the pan and cause damage to your stove top.
- NEVER put your cookware in the microwave or toaster oven. This is a hazard that can cause electric sparks or fire and could possibly damage the appliances and your cookware.
- NEVER leave your cookware unattended. This helps to avoid potential injury to children or the risk of fire.
- ALWAYS supervise children who are near cookware when in use, or injury may result.
- DO NOT handle Copper Chef cookware when hot, especially when inside the oven. Use oven mitts because the pan and handles will be very hot.
- Exercise caution when using the Glass Lid. As with any glassware for cooking, the Lid could shatter due to sudden temperature changes or due to impact if it is dropped or knocked against a hard object.
- If the Glass Lid should crack, chip, or become damaged, stop using it immediately.
- DO NOT attempt to repair cookware if it is damaged.
- This product is for home use only. It is not intended for camping or commercial use.
- DO NOT use aerosol cooking sprays. These sprays will build up on cookware and become difficult to remove while reducing the nonstick coating release.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS – FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY.
Parts and Accessories
- GRILL PAN* (underside)
- GRILL PAN*
- GLASS LID
- CRISPER BASKET†
- ROASTER PAN*
Using the Accessories
Using the Crisper Basket
Place the Copper Crisper Basket inside the Roaster Pan/Grill Pan.
NOTE: The Copper Crisper Basket will be hot during and after the cooking process. Use oven mitts when handling the Copper Crisper Basket.
- Double Cooker
Place the Grill Pan, with its steel induction plate facing downward, on top of the Roaster Pan to cook two dishes simultaneously in the Wonder Cooker’s Double Cooker.
- Shallow Roaster
Cover the Grill Pan with the Roaster Pan to use the Wonder Cooker XL as a Shallow Roaster—great for cooking side dishes like vegetables and potatoes.
- Grill Pan
The Grill Pan can be used by itself as a Grill Pan—can be used as a grill pan for steak and grilled cheese.
The Roaster Pan can be used by itself as a Roaster—ideal for roasting ham, making gravy, or slow cooking on an induction cooktop.
- Dutch Oven
Place the Shallow Roaster, with its steel induction plate facing upward, on top of the Roaster Pan to use the Wonder Cooker XL as a Dutch Oven—perfect for braising ribs and b
Please remove any clear or blue protective film on the components. Before using your new cookware, it is recommended that you wash it in hot water with mild soap or dish detergent. Rinse thoroughly and wipe dry immediately with a soft dish towel. Copper Chef cookware is dishwasher safe, so you can put it in the dishwasher to rinse and clean before using for the first time.
While Cooking on Stove Top
- We recommend low to medium heat settings for most cooking.
The CeramiTech coating will distribute heat more effectively and evenly.
This causes some protein-rich foods to cook more quickly.
- The CeramiTech coating does not require the use of butter or cooking oil. If you choose to use oil or butter, we recommend oil or butter with a high smoke point: refined olive oil, peanut oil, corn oil, or (clarified) butter.
- Olive oil or oil sprays (including extra virgin olive oil) should not be used for searing or frying with high heat because olive oil has a lower smoke point than vegetable oils and can leave residue on your pan, but olive oil can be used to season your recipes.
Proper Cooking Utensils
To prevent scratching the coating, we recommend using nonmetal utensils with your Copper Chef cookware. Do not cut food on the Copper Chef Wonder Cooker XL using sharp utensils, such as forks, knives, mashers, or whisks, that can scratch the cooking surface.
Removing Stubborn Residue
When food is burned on the Copper Chef Wonder Cooker XL, a stubborn black residue may remain. If regular cleaning does not loosen it, soak in hot water and a tablespoon of non-lemon detergent for 15 mins. Allow the water to become lukewarm before you drain and rinse. Wipe with a plastic spatula or nonabrasive sponge to loosen residue. Repeat if necessary
Cooking With Gas
When cooking over a gas burner, make certain the flame touches only the bottom surface of the cookware. Your cookware can become discolored and it is a waste of energy if the flame comes up the sides of the pan.
NOTE: Copper Chef Cookware has exceptionally high thermoconductivity. Even a low setting on some gas burners could cause overheating and possibly burn foods such as thinly sliced onions.
- Use oil with a high smoke point. The smoke point is the temperature to which an oil can be heated before it begins to smoke and burn. Canola, sunflower, and vegetable oil are all good choices.
- Never fill the Wonder Cooker XL more than two-thirds full of oil (6 qts.) because the oil may bubble up when food is added and could spill over the edges of the Wonder Cooker XL.
- Make sure you have a well-fitting lid, such as the Wonder Cooker XL’s Glass Lid, close to hand in case the oil catches fire. If the Glass Lid is not nearby, a large, flat baking sheet will work as a substitute.
- Check the temperature of your oil. If you have a food thermometer, heat the oil to 320° F/160° C for low, 350° F/175° C for moderate, and 375° F/190° C for high. Avoid heating the oil any higher than 375° F/190° C because it might catch fire. If you don’t have a food thermometer, test the oil with a cube of bread. It should brown in 30–40 secs. when the oil is at a moderate heat level.
- Never put wet or frozen food in the fryer. Excess liquid will cause the oil to splutter, which can cause injuries. Dry particularly wet food with a kitchen towel before frying.
- Never leave a pan of hot oil unattended. Oil can overheat and catch fire in only a minute or two.
- Remove food with a large slotted spoon or sturdy tongs – something that allows the oil to drain as you lift the food out of the Wonder Cooker.
- To dispose of the oil safely, leave it in the Wonder Cooker XL to cool completely, pour the oil into a jug, and then pour the oil back into its original bottle. Never pour the oil down the sink, which could lead to blocked pipes.
- If the oil starts to smoke, turn off the heat and leave the oil to cool.
- If the oil catches fire, turn off the heat and smother the flames with a lid, large baking tray, or fire blanket or use a fire extinguisher to put out the fire.
CAUTION: Never spray the fire with water, which will cause the flames to spread.
Care and Cleaning
- Allow cookware to cool completely before washing. Never immerse hot cookware in cold water as this will cause irreparable warping.
- Cleaning your Copper Chef cookware is quick and easy. After each use, rinse thoroughly and dry immediately with a soft towel. If any food particles remain, fill the cookware with hot water and liquid dish detergent, soak until the water becomes lukewarm, and use a sponge or soft cloth to remove any remaining food particles.
- Do not use steel wool or other metal pads. They could leave coarse scratches.
Although the entire Copper Chef Collection is dishwasher safe, we recommend cleaning by hand. Hand-washing preserves the life of the cookware and helps to maintain its appearance. If cleaning in the dishwasher, follow the suggested guidelines:
- Load the dishwasher carefully. Other dishes and flatware may mark the surface of your Copper Chef cookware.
- Be sure to remove soil from other dishes and flatware.
It can be abrasive to Copper Chef’s nonstick coating.
- We recommend using a non-lemon detergent.
- Regular dishwasher cleaning will eventually scratch any surface.
When storing your Copper Chef cookware, avoid stacking and crowding it in cabinets or drawers. This could cause scratches. We recommend a cookware rack or pegboard to provide convenient, safe storage.
If you must stack your nonstick cookware, always nest the cookware carefully.
Manufacturer’s Limited 5-Year Warranty on Ceramic Coating and Limited 60-Day Warranty on All Other Parts
The manufacturer warrants that your Copper Chef is free of defects in materials and workmanship.
The Copper Chef non-stick ceramic coating is warranted not to peel, chip,or blister with normal home use for 5 years from the date of the purchaser’s receipt of the product, and all other parts and components are warranted for 60 days from the date of the purchaser’s receipt of the product.
This warranty is valid only in accordance with the conditions set forth below:
- Except for the ceramic coating, normal wear and tear are not covered by this warranty.
This warranty applies to consumer use only and is void when the product is used in a commercial or institutional setting.
- The warranty extends only to the original consumer purchaser and is not transferable. In addition, proof of purchase must be provided for the warranty to be applicable. This warranty is void if the product has been subject to accident, misuse, abuse, improper maintenance or repair, or unauthorized modification.
- This limited warranty is the only written or express warranty given by the manufacturer.
Any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose on this product is limited to the duration of this warranty. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above information may not apply to you.
- Repair or replacement of the product (or, if repair or replacement is not feasible, a refund of the purchase price less any shipping, handling, or processing fees that you paid) is the exclusive remedy of the consumer under this warranty. Under this warranty or in any claim of breach of this warranty, the manufacturer shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages for breach of this warranty or any implied warranty on this product. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Your item is covered by our 60-day money-back guarantee, which starts upon receipt of your item.
To return the product, the original purchaser must package the product securely and include the following information: (1) name, (2) address, (3) the reason for return or request for refund or replacement, and (4) either proof of purchase or order number. Place the information inside an envelope, place the envelope inside the package with the unit, and mail the package to the address listed below.
Procedure for Exercise of Limited 5-Year Warranty Rights (in Use After Expiration of 60-Day Money-Back Guarantee)
To return the product under the 5-year warranty period, the original purchaser must package the product securely and include the following information: (1) name, (2) address, (3) the reason for return and request for replacement, (4) either proof of purchase or order number, and (5) a check for $12.00 for processing and handling, written out to “Copper Chef”. Place the information inside an envelope, place the envelope inside the package with the unit, and mail the package to the address listed below.
Tristar Products, Inc.
500 Returns Road
Wallingford, CT 06495
We are very proud of the design and quality of our Copper Chef™ Wonder Cooker XL.
This product has been manufactured to the highest standards.
Should you have any problem, our friendly customer service staff is here to help you.
Tristar Products, Inc.
Fairfield, NJ 07004
© 2018 Tristar Products, Inc.
Made in China