COURTYARD RUS496W Installation Guide
ATTENTION: THIS PRODUCT IS NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE INTENDED FOR RESIDENTIAL USE ONLY.
- Use the correct bolts as indicated. Do not tighten any of the bolts until theswing is completely assembled.
- Do not discard of any of the packaging until you have checked that you have of the parts and fittings required.
- Keep children away during assembly. This item contains small parts that can be swallowed by children. Children should always be under direct adult supervision while using this product.
- Retain these assembly instructions for future reference.
- Quote the following FQC NO. when contacting the service center.
- Read the instructions thoroughly. Acquaint yourself with the inventory of parts and the accompanying drawings to ensure safe and proper assembly.
- You will need the following tools:
- Phillips Screwdriver
- Nut Wrench (See Part #27)
- Hex. Key Wrench (See Part #28)
- Phillips Screwdriver
- Lay out all of the parts on a flat surface and identify them using the table below.
|PART NO.||MATERIAL CODE||PART||Q’TY|
|1||RUS496W-CS09-8||TOP CROSS BEAM W/ADJUSTABLE TEETH
|2||62RUS497AN101||FRONT UPRIGHT SUPPORT
|3||62RUS497AN102||REAR UPRIGHT SUPPORT
|4||62RUS497AI101||LATERAL CROSS BRACE
|5||62RUS415HH102||REAR CROSS BRACE
|7||62RUS415HM101||SWING ARM TUBE
|10||62RUS4040H102||U-SHAPED SIDE CANOPY BRACE
|11||62RUS496WI10||FRONT/REAR CANOPY BRACE
|PART NO.||MATERIAL CODE||PART
|21||18000C06001||PLASTIC NUT M8*P1.25
|22||18000C23001||PLASTIC NUT M6*P1.0
|25||18000337005||BOLT CAP M8
|26||18000337002||BOLT CAP M6
|27||17KAB1201 Y4||NUT WRENCH 13&17MM
|28||17KAA0201 Y4||HEX.KEY WRENCH 6MM
ASSEMBLY (Note: When fastening with nuts and bolts, always use a washer (#19 or #20) between the tube and the bolt or the tube and the nut.)
Fasten the front and rear upright supports (#2 and #3) at the top by using bolts (#13), washers (#19), and plastic nuts (#21). Repeat the same procedure for both sides. Keep the bolts loose. See Fig. A – Step 1.
At both ends, insert the assembled upright supports (#2 and #3) into the top cross beam w/adjustable teeth (#1). Tighten all of the plastic nuts and bolts now. See Fig. A – Step 2.
Fasten the lateral cross braces (#4) to the upright supports (#2 and #3) by using bolts (#14), washers (#20), and plastic nuts (#22). Repeat the same procedure for both sides. See Fig. A – Step 3.
Fasten the rear cross brace (#5) to the rear upright supports (#3) by using bolts (#14), washers (#20), and plastic nuts (#22). Tighten all of the nuts and bolts. See Fig. A – Step 4.
Insert the leg caps (#12) into all of the base feet. See Fig. A – Step 5.
Open the seat assembly (#8) and fasten a swing arm tube (#7) and a swing arm (#6) to the seat back by using bolt (#16), washers (#20), and plastic nut (#22). Do the same procedure for both sides. Fasten another swing arm tube (#7) to the swing arm (#6) at the front bend by using bolt (#17), washers (#20), and plastic nut (#22). Do the same procedure for both sides. Fasten the other end of the swing arm (#6) to the front of the seat assembly (#8) by using bolt (#15), washers (#19), and plastic nut (#21). Do the same procedure for both sides. See Fig. B.
Hook the suspension springs (#9) into the top of both swing arm tubes (#7). Do the same procedure for both sides. See Fig. C.
Hang the opposite ends of the suspension springs (#9) into the holes located on the angled braces of the top cross beam w/adjustable teeth (#1). Do the same procedure for both sides. See Fig. D.
Make sure that both ends of the suspension springs (#9) go completely through the holes on the top cross beam w/ adjustable teeth (#1) and the swing arm tubes (#7).
Slide the canopy/frame connectors (#23) onto the U-shaped side canopy braces (#10) and fasten into position by using screws (#18). Make sure that the teeth on the canopy connectors are facing towards the inside of the swing. See Fig. E – Step 1 and Step 2.
Insert the front/rear canopy braces (#11) into the sleeves on the canopy (#29). See Fig. E – Step 3.
Insert the front/rear canopy brace (#11) tube ends into the U-shaped side canopy braces (#10). See Fig. E – Step 4.
Insert the U-shaped side canopy brace (#10) corners into the pockets on the canopy (#29). See Fig. E – Step 5.
Fasten the canopy/frame connectors (#23) to the adjustable teeth on the top cross beam w/ adjustable teeth (#1) by using a plastic screw (#24). Do this procedure for both sides.
Place the cushions (#30) onto the seat assembly (#7). Secure the cushions to the seat assembly by using ties.
To assure stability, double check that all of the bolts have been completely tightened, and then cover them with bolt caps (#25 and #26).
To avoid danger of suffocation, please keep plastic bags or small parts away from babies and children.
Cleaning and Maintenance
- Wash frame and fabric parts with mild soap and water, rinse thoroughly, and dry completely. Do not use bleach, acid, or other solvents on the frame or fabric parts.
- The cushions and canopy may be surface washed with mild soap and water if necessary. Commercial foaming upholstery cleaner may also be used. Rinse well and hang to dry. Do not machine wash or dry.
- We recommend the use of furniture covers when not in use.
- Inspect and tighten all bolts and fasteners on a regular basis to ensure the proper performance and safety of your swing.
- In order to prolong the life and beauty of your swing, we recommend that it be stored in a dry and protected area during off season periods.
- This product is covered by Courtyard Creations Inc. One–year limited warranty.
- Proof of purchase (dated register receipt) is required for warranty claims.
- It remains the customer’s responsibility for freight and packing charges to and from over service center.
- The user of this swing should always inspect it before each use.
- It is essential to place this swing on level ground and not less than 6 feet away from any obstruction, such as fences, garages, houses, overhanging branches, laundry lines, or electrical wires.
- Check the tightness of all of the nuts and bolts on a regular basis.
- Make sure that the suspension springs are properly secured before each use.
- Always remove the canopy in heavy wind conditions; otherwise the swing may tip over and cause damage to its parts
- The manufacturer will not accept responsibility for unauthorized repairs or modifications to the swing or its parts.
- Oil all of the metal parts that move regularly.
- Weight limit is 625 lbs.
The store where you made your purchase
does not stock parts for this item.
If you need parts,
whether they are missing or damaged,
Missing A Part? No Need To Go Back To The Store
Call us between 9:00 AM and 4:30 PM
Eastern Time Monday through Friday
For further assistance,
please visit us at
Call Toll Free:
READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS COMPLETELY BEFORE STARTING ASSEMBLY
SEPARATE AND IDENTIFY ALL PARTS, MAKING SURE THAT YOU HAVE ALL OF THE PARTS LISTED. IF YOU DO NOT LOCATE ALL OF THE PARTS LISTED, INSPECT THE PACKING MATERIAL FOR SMALL PARTS THAT MAY HAVE BECOME SEPARATED DURING SHIPMENT. IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY DIFFICULTY DURING ASSEMBLY OR IF ANY PARTS ARE MISSING OR DAMAGED, CALL THE HELP LINE AT
1-877-539-7436 BEFORE RETURNING THIS ITEM TO THE STORE.
PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION WHEN CALLING: 1-MODEL NUMBER OF THE PRODUCT. 2-PART NUMBER AND MATERIAL CODE OF THE PART FROM THE PARTS LIST. MOST PROBLEMS CAN BE RESOLVED WITHOUT RETURNING THIS PRODUCT TO THE RETAILER.