cricket wireless Cricket Debut Flip
On the web
Detailed support information including a full user manual and device specifications are available at: www.cricketwireless.com/support/devices
One the phone
- Call Customer Care at 1-855-246-2461 or
- Dial 611 from your cell phone
From more information about accessories, please visit your local Cricket store or go to www.cricketwireless.com/shop/accessories.
Note: Store and online inventories may vary.
Product meets FCC Radio Frequency Exposure Guidelines-FCC ID XD6U102AA. This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules.
Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- this device may not cause harmful interference, and
- this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.©2020 Cricket WIreless LLC. All right reserved. Cricket and the Cricket logo are registered trademarks under liences to Cricket WIreless LLC.
Getting to know your CricketR Debut Flip
Camera and Video
Take a picture
- Press the Camera key on the right side of the phone, Take a picture Navigation ring to scroll to Camera , press OK
- Press Right Menu to access the Camera options.
- Use the top and bottom Navigation ring to zoom in or out.
- Press OK to take a picture. After taking the picture, press Left Menu to preview.
Take a video
- Follow step 1 above and then use the Navigation ring to scroll right to select Video mode.
- Press OK to start and stop recording video.
- From the Home screen, press OK and then use the Navigation ring to scroll until Gallery is highlighted. Press OK to select Gallery .
- Press OK to view the selected picture.
- Remove back cover by gently pulling up on the indentation on the bottom left of the cover.
- Press down the clip and insert the SIM card or micro SD card (not included) by carefully sliding them with the gold contacts facing into their respective slots located inside the battery compartment.
- Insert the battery, making sure the gold contacts align. Gently push down on the battery until it clicks into place.
- Replace the back cover, pressing firmly on the sides to ensure the cover snaps back into place.
Note: To avoid damage to the phone, only use the SIM card included in the box or provided to you by Cricket.
- From the Home screen, press OK to open up the App Menu.
- Use the Navigation ring to scroll down and to the right until Settings is highlighted. Press OK to select Settings .
- Use the Navigation ring to scroll right to the Personalization tab, and then scroll down to Display and press OK to select.
- Press OK once more and then scroll down to select from the image locations, for example, Wallpaper. Press OK to select.
- Use the Navigation ring to scroll through images. When you have one you like, press Right Menu to save your new Home screen wallpaper.
Connect your Bluetooth device
- From the Home screen, press OK and use the Nagivation ring to scroll until Settings is highlighted. Press OK to select.
- Use the Navigation ring to scroll to Bluetooth under the Network & Connectivity tab and press OK to select.
- Press OK when On is highlighted to turn on Bluetooth.
- Use the Navigation ring to scroll to Nearby Devices and press OK to start searching for devices to pair.
- Once your desired Bluetooth device shows in the list, scroll to it and press OK to select. If asked, confirm the PIN to complete pairing.
- Once your device is paired, it will show up in the Paired Devices list in the Bluetooth menu.
Connect to Wi-Fi network
- Follow step 1 above. Use the Navigation ring to scroll to Wi-Fi under the Network & connectivity tab and press OK to select.
- Press OK when On is highlighted to turn on Wi-Fi.
- Use the Navigation ring to scroll to Available Networks and press OK to see available Wi-Fi connections.
Use the Navigation ring to scroll until your desired Wi-Fi is highlighted, Press OK to select.
- Use the Navigation ring to scroll to Password and use the keypad to enter Wi-Fi password.
- Press Right Menu to Connect
Lock and unlock your screen
Create a passcode
- From the Home screen, press OK .
- Use the Navigation ring to scroll down and to select Settings and press OK to select.
- Use the Navigation ring to scroll and highlight the Privacy & Security tab.
- Use the Navigation ring to scroll down until Screen lock is highlighted. Press OK to select Screen lock.
- Within the Screen lock menu, use the Navigation ring to scroll down until Screen Lock is highlighted. Press OK to select Screen Lock once again.
- Use the Navigation ring to scroll up until On is highlited. Press OK to select On to enable Lock screen with passcode.
- Create a 4 digit passcode using the dial pad, and enter this passcode again to confirm the passcode.
- Press Right Menu to Create. To lock the phone screen Closing the phone will lock the screen .
To unlock the phone screen Open the phone and enter your passcode using the dial pad to unlock the screen.
Browse the web
- From the Home screen, press OK and use the Navigation ring to scroll until Browser is highlighted. Press OK to select.
- Press Left Menu to select Search, then use the keypad to enter either search criteria or a website address. Press OK to search or load the website.
- Use the Navigation ring to scroll around the webpage, and use OK to select links when browsing the webpage.
- Press End/Power or Back/Clear to return to the main menu.
Calls and Voicemail
HD Voice means clearer conversations with reduced background noise. Make a call
- Enter the phone number then press Call/ Answer to place the call.
- If you make a mistake, press Back/Clear to delete the incorrect digits.
- You can also press Call/Answer to access your call log. Use the Navigation ring to scroll down and select the desired number. Press OK to place the call.
- During the call, you may press Left Menu to mute or press OK to enable the speaker.
- To end the call, press End/Power .
Check voicemail: Simply press and hold 1key .
To experience Cricket HD Voice, both callers must have a compatible HD Voice capable phone and make the call over Cricket’s LTE Network or a compatible network. Cricket’s LTE coverage is not equivalent to its overall network coverage. HD Voice calls made on a compatible device and on the LTE network may not experience an HD Voice connection at times of network congestion. Other carriers’ networks may interoperate with Cricket’s LTE network to support an HD Voice call.
My Cricket: Sign in to view your account and features.
Clock: Set alarm, use the timer or stopwatch to keep you on track.
Gallery: View, edit, and organize your photos.
Calendar: Keep your schedule in your pocket. Track your events with notes and get schedule reminders.
Music: Listen to music loaded on or downloaded to your phone.
Calculator: Figure out tips, add up your bills and other.
FM Radio: Listen to your favorite radio stations on the go (Wired headset required).
Text and picture messaging
Send a text message
- On the keypad, press Messages to enter Messages or press OK and use the Navigation ring to scroll down until Messages is highlighted. Press OK to select Messages .
- Press Left Menu to create a New message.
- Enter the phone number of the recipient in the To bar or press Right Menu to add a contact.
- Scroll down to the Message bar using the Navigation ring to compose the message.Press Left Menu to Send the text message.
Send a picture message
- Follow steps 1-5 above
- Press Right Menu to access the options menu, then select Add attachment.
- Select Gallery to choose your desired picture or Camera to take a picture to attach.
- Using Navigation ring to scroll to the image you would like to attach. Once the image is highlighted, pressing OK and confirm by pressing Right Menu
- Once your image has been attached, press Left Menu to send the message.
Google and Other Apps
To access any of the following apps from the Home screen, press left on the Navigation ring and scroll up or down to select the desired app. Press OK to open the app.
Google Assistant: Allows you to make calls, send messages, open an app or perform other commands all with your voice.
- Open Google Assistant using the above instructions or by long pressing OK for at least three seconds, and speak your voice command out loud. For example, say “Call Henry,” and your device will automatically call “Henry” from your Contacts.
Google Maps: Find locations on a map, search for businesses nearby and get directions.
- Open Google Maps and use the Navigation ring to scroll down to Your location. Press OK to allow the device to get your location automatically. Get turn by turn directions by selecting Directions, entering your destination, starting location and mode of transportation.
YouTube: Enjoy movies, TV shows, and popular video clips.
- Open YouTube and use the Navigation ring to scroll through the videos available on the homepage. Or use the Navigation ring to select Search, enter search criteria and browse the results.
KaiStore: Download apps and games to fulfill the needs of daily life, work and entertainment.
- Open KaiStore and use the Navigation ring to scroll through the library of available apps. For example, find Weather under the Utilities tab, scroll to the app and press OK to download and install. Once installed, you can locate your new app in the app menu.