KoiAir™ 1 & 2
Water Garden Aeration Kit
- Never connect to an extension cord. This may result in equipment failure.
- Do not allow anything to rest on the power cord.
- Do not place the unit where people may step on the power cord.
- Never override electrical or mechanical interlock devices.
- Never attempt maintenance functions that are not specified in the user manual.
- Never operate the system if unusual noises or odors are detected. Disconnect the power cord from the outlet and call for service.
- Read the operating instructions carefully.
- To reduce the risk of electric shock, connect only to a properly grounded grounding-type receptacle.
- THIS UNIT IS TO BE USED IN A CIRCUIT PROTECTED BY A GROUND FAULT CIRCUIT INTERRUPTER.
- This unit has not been investigated for use in swimming pool areas.
- Disconnect unit from the power source before handling.
- Repair and exchange of cable must be carried through by the supplier/manufacturer.
Operating in freezing conditions on an ice-covered water garden will cause open water areas, even in freezing conditions. Also, the ice thickness around these open areas will be much thinner than the ice over the remainder of the pond. Injury or fatality may result from falling through the ice. Airmax strongly recommends the danger of thin ice around the diffuser site be clearly posted at frequent intervals. The owner assumes all responsibility for operating KoiAir Aeration Kit during the winter months.
If you choose to turn off your system for the winter, do the following:
- Unplug the system and remove the diffuser(s), airline(s), and compressor.
- Store in a dry area protected from the elements such as a garage or basement (climate control recommended).
INSTALLING YOUR KoiAir™AERATION SYSTEM:
- Decide on a Location Decide on a location for the compressor. It’s important to elevate the compressor a few inches above ground level, making sure the compressor is above the pond’s water surface. If power is not available at the pond’s edge, the compressor may be located at the power source and extra airline can be added (up to 100’) to reach your desired diffuser location.
It is recommended the compressor be covered and not exposed directly to the elements. This can be accomplished by purchasing a small TrueRock™ cover (Item #510330). If you decide to use your own cover, make sure it will keep water from coming in direct contact with the compressor and there is plenty of ventilation.
- Connect The Airline
Single Diffuser Systems: Connect the weighted airline to the outlet on the compressor using the 21/4” rubber connector and included spring clamps. Connect the other end of the airline to the diffuser. No clamp is needed on the diffuser end.
Multiple Diffuser Systems: Connect the included 21/4” rubber connector to the compressor and use one of the squeeze clamps to keep it in place. Connect the bottom of the three-way air manifold to the rubber connector and hold in place with the remaining squeeze clamp. Next, using the weighted airline, measure the distance from the compressor to the approximate location of your diffuser. Ensure to compensate for the depth of the pond. Cut the weighted airline to the appropriate lengths and connect them to the three-way air manifold as well as the diffusers. No clamps are needed for airlines.GETTING TO KNOW YOUR KoiAir AERATION SYSTEM:
(lar pond 1 up to 8.000 go. cod
(lot ponds 8.000- 16.000 gallons)
A. High-Efficiency Compressor KA20:17Watts@ 115 Volts KA40: 35 Watts @ I IS Volts B. Control Valve N/A Includes control valve to balance airflow between both diffusers. C. EasySet– Weighted Airline Includes 25′ of the weighted airline, Includes SO’ of the weighted airline. D.KoiAir Weihted Diffuser (1) KoiAir Diffuser (4′ Max Depth) (2) KoiAir Diffusers (4′ Max Depth) E.Coupler (2) Squeeze Clamps (1) Rubber Coupler (2) Squeeze Clamps (1) Rubber Coupler
- Place Your Diffuser(s)
Find a location in your water garden to place the diffuser. If you have two diffusers, distribute them equally throughout the water garden. Do not exceed the max depth rating of 4’ when placing your diffusers. Depths in excess of this rating will greatly reduce airflow to the diffuser and cause excess strain on the compressor reducing its life expectancy. In case of extreme temperatures (hot or cold), it is recommended to relocate plates from the deepest points of your pond.
- Adjust Your Valves
(Systems with Multiple Diffusers Only)
Adjust three-way air manifold to balance airflow between diffusers if desired. It is not necessary to have even airflow between diffusers, nor will it have any effect on the life expectancy of the compressor. Valve positions are as follows: A. Valve Pointing Down: Air Flow comes up from the bottom and goes left.
B. Valve Pointing Between Bottom and Right: Air Flow comes up from the bottom and goes left and right.
C. Valve Pointing Right: Air Flow comes up from the bottom and goes right.
- Always use parts that are supplied or approved by Airmax. The use of other parts may result in poor performance and could create a hazardous situation.
- Always unplug the system from the outlet and refer servicing to a qualified electrician under the following conditions:
1. When the power cord is damaged or frayed.
2. If the compressor is producing unusual noises or odors.
It is recommended that you perform diaphragm maintenance (Using KoiAir 1 Maintenance Kit – Item #510145 or KoiAir 2 Maintenance Kit – Item #510146) every 12 months.
Membrane Stick Maintenance
No maintenance required. Replace membrane sticks (#510168) if visibly damaged or if the system has poor performance.
Air Filter Cleaning
Unscrew the cover on the back of the compressor to expose the air filter. Remove the air filter and brush away any dust particles. The air filter should be replaced every 3-6 months. (KoiAir 1- #510153, KoiAir 2- #510149)
The KoiAir Aeration Kit comes with a 3-Year Limited Warranty. This limited warranty is extended exclusively to the original purchaser and begins from the date of the original purchase receipt. Membrane sticks, airline, diaphragms, and air filters are considered wear items and are not covered by this warranty. Abuse or misuse of this product voids all warranties. Any sign of water damage inside the unit voids all warranties. For warranty claims, the product must be returned to the original place of purchase with the original receipt.
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING:
P.O. Box 38
Romeo, MI 48065