Genie Lite HD DVR Kit:
All the Fun & Benefits of a Full DVR Welcome to your new Genie Lite HD DVR Kit! Follow the simple steps in this guide to connect your DVR kit and turn your Genie Lite Receiver into a fully functioning DVR.* Soon you’ll be able to:
- Record and playback your favorite shows, including entire seasons**
- Pause, rewind and fast forward live TV
- Stream programs on your mobile devices
- Use DIRECTV™ Voice†
- Record up to five shows at once
- And much more!
Connect the DVR Kit Connect one end of the supplied eSATAp cable to the port on the back of the Genie Lite HD DVR Kit.
Connect the DVR Kit to your Genie Lite Connect the other end of the c able to the port labeled “HARD DRIVE” on the back of the Genie Lite Receiver. Check to ensure that all connections are secure.
Pair the DVR Kit to your Genie Lite Next, you’ll need to pair your DVR kit with your Genie Lite Receiver. Follow the onscreen instructions that display on your TV*. Your Genie Lite will restart once it’s ready to format the DVR kit and finish the pairing process.
Activate your DVR Kit Once it’s paired with your Genie Lite receiver, you will need to activate your DVR kit. Sign in to your DIRECTV online account and visit directv.com/activate.
You can also call Customer Care at: 800-531-5000
If you followed Steps 1–3 above, and your receiver does not display the “Genie Lite HD DVR Kit Found” screen, call Customer Care at 800-531-5000 for assistance.
Once your Genie Lite HD DVR Kit is connected and working, make sure your receiver is connected to the Internet to take full advantage of everything DIRECTV has to offer. Get connected so you can:
- Access thousands of On Demand movies and shows*
- Order DIRECTV CINEMA® movies
- Enjoy TV Apps such as ScoreGuide™, Weather, and other interactive features
- Listen to Pandora Internet Radio, right on your TV