Deluxe Bottle Sterilizer
Model Number AC045
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Deluxe Bottle Sterilizer
Nominal voltage: 120 VAC/60 Hz 650W
WARNING: Read the ENTIRE instruction manual before use to ensure proper safety precautions, operation, and maintenance of this product. Failure to operate in a safe and responsible manner could result in damage to the product or personal property and cause serious injury. This appliance shall not be used by children. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used near children. Do not attempt disassembly. The use of accessory attachments is not recommended by Handi-Craft Company and may cause injuries. A copy of these instructions is also available online at drbrownsbaby.com/customer-support
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES, PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRICAL SHOCK, AND INJURY TO PERSONS, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
- Ensure that the wall outlet voltage matches the voltage of the appliance.
- Do not operate an appliance after it malfunctions or has been damaged in any manner. Return appliance to the nearest authorized service facility for examination, repair, or adjustment.
- If the supply cord or plug is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent, or a similarly qualified person in order to avoid hazards.
- Place the appliance on a level, heat-resistant surface.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- Do not let the cord hang over the edge of a table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
- DO NOT IMMERSE IN WATER.
- HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Unplug from the outlet when not in use and before adding water.
- Do not spill liquid on the cord or plug.
- Do not move the appliance while in use or when it contains hot liquids.
- To operate, plug the cord into a wall outlet. To disconnect, press the power button, then remove the plug from the wall outlet.
- DO NOT open the lid or reach over the appliance while in use, as steam will cause burns and serious injuries.
- DO NOT touch hot surfaces, including top cover, main cover, and trays, during or immediately after use.
- After sterilizing, wait 10 minutes for parts to cool, then open the top cover carefully by the handle and beware of residual steam.
- DO NOT EXCEED the recommended amount of water.
- If it is necessary to drain water from the base, always POUR AWAY FROM YOU.
- Unplug from an outlet and allow to cool for 60 minutes before cleaning and descaling the unit.
- Be careful to avoid spilling or splashing water on yourself when removing contents.
- The heating element surface is subject to residual heat after use.
- Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children.
- Do not use appliances for other than intended use.
- Appliances are not intended to be operated by means of an external timer or separate remote-control system.
- NOT FOR SPACE HEATING PURPOSES.
- This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way.
- A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce the risks resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
- Extension cords are available and may be used if care is exercised in their use.
- If an extension cord is used: the marked electrical rating of the extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance; the longer cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be tripped over, snagged or pulled on unintentionally (especially by children).
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
A. Top cover
B. Main cover
C. Upper Tray
D. Heating Plate (inside)
E. ON/OFF Button
F. Cycle Start Button
G. Cycle Indicator Lights
H. Removable Tray
J. Measuring Cup
- Before running this appliance, it is important that all bottles, bottle parts and/or other accessories are clean. They must be washed, rinsed and empty.
- Position the appliance on a flat surface and out of reach of children where it cannot be knocked or moved during operation. Remove the tray.
- Remove the measuring cup and tongs from the unit.
- Fill the measuring cup to the FILL LINE (3 oz/80 mL) with DISTILLED WATER and pour the water ONTO THE HEATING PLATE.
Note: For best performance, use recommended water and descale monthly. Water with minerals may shorten the life of this appliance.
CAUTION: DO NOT EXCEED the recommended amount of water. If it is necessary to drain water from the base, always POUR AWAY FROM YOU.
- Place the removable tray (part H) in the sterilizer heating chamber. Arrange the bottles and other parts in the tray. Note: If using Dr. Brown’s bottles and parts, see Figure A through Figure G on the next page for suggested layout options. Both narrow and wide-neck bottles are shown.
- Close the main cover (part B) and arrange the parts on the upper tray (part C) as shown in Figure C and Figure G.
Note: This appliance can sterilize any item that can withstand boiling water, such as pacifiers/soothers, teethers, toys, and utensils.
- Close top cover (part A).
- Plug the power cord into an electrical outlet and press the On Button (E).
Note: When the sterilizer is turned on, you will notice that cycle indicator lights (G) will illuminate with a cycle of RED-BLUE-GREEN colors. After this initial cycle through of colors, the green symbol will remain lit indicating the “READY” mode.
Ready Cycle: With the green “ready” symbol illuminated, press the cycle start button (F).
Heat Cycle: The red symbol will indicate that the appliance is “HEATING” to create steam. It will remain lit until all water is consumed and the sterilization cycle is complete. This is approximately 8 minutes but may vary by the amount of water you add, the number of items to be sterilized, and other environmental factors.
Cool Down Cycle: Upon the completion of the sterilization cycle, the blue symbol will illuminate to indicate the “COOL DOWN” cycle. Note: If you to add water to the unit and start the heating cycle (red light on), the unit must complete the cool-down cycle (blue light on) before a new “heat” cycle can be attempted.
READY (unload) Cycle: When the cool-down cycle is complete, the green“READY” symbol will again light. You may unload your items or allow them to air dry.
WARNING: DO NOT open lid or reach over the appliance while in use, as steam will cause burns and serious injuries. DO NOT touch hot surfaces, including top cover, main cover and trays, during or immediately after use.
- Open the main cover and remove all bottles and place on a countertop or other flat surface. Open the top cover and re-assemble the bottles with the various components. CAUTION: After sterilizing, wait 10 minutes for parts to cool, then open top cover carefully and beware of residual steam. Be careful to avoid spilling or splashing water on yourself when removing contents.
- You may now turn the unit off by pressing the on-off button (E) or begin another sterilization cycle after again adding 3 oz/80 mL of water.
* When sterilizing six (6) 9 oz/270 ml Wide-Neck Options TM bottles, remove the detachable handle from the inner tray to make room for all six bottles, reservoirs, and caps in the main compartment. The green reservoirs should be placed inside the bottles during sterilization. Ensure that all parts are completely cool before removing them from the unit.
TO CLEAN THE APPLIANCE
CAUTION: Unplug from the outlet and allow to cool for 60 minutes before cleaning and descaling the unit. DO NOT IMMERSE IN WATER.
The Dr. Brown’s Natural Flow®
Deluxe Bottle Sterilizer should be cleaned at least once a week when in regular use.
- The removable tray, tongs, and measuring cup can be cleaned in hot soapy water and rinsed completely.
- The base exterior and heating chamber and two covers can be cleaned with a damp sponge or damp cloth.
TO CLEAN THE HEATING PLATE
Mineral deposits may form on the metal heating plate in the bottom of the heating chamber. It is important to descale this appliance every 4 weeks to ensure that it continues to work properly.
- Unplug the device.
- Remove the tray.
- De-scale utilizing a 3.5 oz/100 mL mixture of vinegar/water:
- Fill the measuring cup to FILL LINE (3 oz/80 mL) with white vinegar.
- Then add cold water up to the dashed line (.5 oz/20 mL) for a total of 3.5 oz/100 mL.
- Pour directly over the heating element.
- Turn the unit on and run a sterilization cycle.
- Empty any remaining solution and rinse with clean water.
NOTE: DO NOT USE BLEACH, HARSH ABRASIVES, OR SOLVENTS TO CLEAN THE HEATING CHAMBER OR HEATING ELEMENTS AS THEY MAY CAUSE PERMANENT DAMAGE AND WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.
This appliance is warranted against defective material or workmanship for a period of one year from the date of purchase. Any defective part will be repaired or replaced at no charge if it has not been tampered with and the appliance has been used according to these printed instructions. This warranty gives you specific legal rights as well as other rights which vary from state to state. This warranty does not cover a defect that has been caused by negligence, accidents or improper use of the appliance. To keep your appliance in good condition and retain your warranty, USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.
If you experience unsatisfactory operation or have any questions/comments, call Handi-Craft’s Customer Service at 1-800-778-9001 or send an email to [email protected].
For purchases made outside the United States and Canada, please contact your local distributor.
FCC Compliance Statement
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Importer: Handi-Craft Company
Address: 4433 Fyler Ave., St. Louis, MO 63116
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
WARNING! Changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI 63116 USA/EE.UU.
drbrownsbaby.com (800) 778-9001