Einhell Wet and dry vacuum cleaner
Danger! – Read the operating instructions to reduce the risk of injury.
When using the equipment, a few safety precautions must be observed to avoid injuries and damage. Please read the complete operating instructions and safety regulations with due care. Keep this manual in a safe place, so that the information is available at all times. If you give the equipment to any other person, hand over these operating instructions and safety regulations as well. We cannot accept any liability for damage or accidents which arise due to a failure to follow these instructions and the safety instructions.
Read all safety regulations and instructions. Any errors made in following the safety regulations and instructions may result in an electric shock, fi re and/or serious injury. Keep all safety regulations and instructions in a safe place for future use.
- Important: read the operating instructions before assembling and using the appliance for the first time.
- Check that the mains voltage is the same as the mains voltage specified on the rating plate.
- Pull out the power plug in the following circumstances: whenever the appliance is not in use, before opening the appliance and before all cleaning and maintenance work.
- Never clean the appliance with solvents.
- Never pull the plug out of the socket by pulling the cable.
- Never leave the appliance unattended when operational.
- Keep away from children.
- Take care to ensure that the power cable does not get damaged by being run over, crushed, pulled or suchlike.
- Do not use the machine if the power cable is in a less than perfect condition.
- If the power cable has to be replaced, the replacement must comply with the design specifications of the manufacturer.
- Power cable: H 05 VV – F 3 x 1.5 mm2
- Never vacuum the following: burning matches, smoldering ash and cigarette butts, combustible, caustic, inflammable or explosive substances, vapor or liquids.
- This appliance is not suitable for vacuuming. dust which can be harmful to health.
- Store the appliance in a dry indoor location.
- Never use the appliance if it is damaged.
- Only allow the appliance to be serviced by an authorized after sales service outlet.
- Only use the appliance to carry out work for which has been designed.
- Take extra care when cleaning steps.
- Use only genuine accessories and spare parts. This equipment is not designed to be used by people (including children) with limited physical, sensory or mental capacities or those with no experience and/or knowledge unless they are supervised by a person who is responsible for their safety or they have received instructions from such a person in to how to use the equipment safely. Children must always be supervised in order to ensure that they do not play with the equipment.
Layout and items supplied
- ON/OFF/Automatic switch
- Filter cage
- Safety fl oat valve
- Automatic socket-outlet for electric tools
- Locking hook
- Suction hose connection
- Blow connector
- Flexible suction hose
- 2-piece suction tube
- Dual purpose nozzle
- Pleated fi lter
- Foamed plastic fi lter
- Hook for cable store
- Water drain screw
- Fastening screws on the handle
- Accessory holder
- Crevice nozzle
Please check that the article is complete as specified in the scope of delivery. If parts are missing, please contact our service center or the sales outlet where you made your purchase at
the latest within 5 working days after purchasing the product and upon presentation of a valid bill of purchase. Also, refer to the warranty table in the service information at the end of the operating instructions.
- Open the packaging and take out the equipment with care.
- Remove the packaging material and any packaging and/or transportation braces (if available).
- Check to see if all items are supplied.
- Inspect the equipment and accessories for transport damage.
- If possible, please keep the packaging until the end of the guarantee period.
The equipment and packaging material are not toys. Do not let children play with plastic bags, foils or small parts. There is a danger of swallowing or suffocating!
- Suction hose
- 2-piece suction tube
- Dual purpose nozzle
- Castor (2x)
- Pleated filter with cover
- Foamed plastic filter
- Wheel (2x)
- Fastening screw for handle (2x)
- Crevice nozzle
- Original operating instructions
The equipment comes with a chain ( z) on the tank bottom. The chain helps to prevent static charging during use.
The wet and dry vacuum cleaner is designed for wet and dry vacuuming using the appropriate filter. The equipment is not suitable for the vacuuming of combustible, explosive or harmful substances. The equipment is to be used only for its prescribed purpose. Any other use is deemed to be a case of misuse. The user / operator and not the manufacturer will be liable for any damage or injuries of any kind caused as a result of this. Please note that our equipment has not been designed for use in commercial, trade or industrial applications. Our warranty will be voided if the machine is used in commercial, trade or industrial businesses or for equivalent purposes.
Mains voltage………………….220-240V ~ 50/60 Hz
Power consumption: ………………………….. 1500 W
Max. power consumption
Automatic socket-outlet: ……………………. 2000 W
Max. total power consumption: …………… 3500 W
Tank volume: …………………………………………..30 l
Weight: ……………………………………………….5.9 kg
Before starting the equipment
Before you connect the equipment to the mains supply make sure that the data on the rating plate are identical to the mains data. The equipment may be connected only to a shock-proof socket-outlet.
Assembling the equipment
Fitting the equipment head (Fig. 6) The equipment head (3) is fastened to the tank (8) by the locking hooks (7). To remove the equipment head (3), open both of the locking hooks (7) and take off the equipment head (3). When fitting the equipment head (3), make sure that both of the locking hooks (7) lock into place correctly.
Fitting the wheels (Fig. 5)
Fit the wheels in accordance with Fig. 5.
Fitting the handle (Fig. 4)
Use a screwdriver to fi t the handle (1) using both screws (21).
5.2 Fitting the filters
Never use the wet and dry vacuum cleaner without a filter. Always ensure that the filters are securely seated.
Fitting the foam filter (Fig. 7)
For wet vacuuming, slip the supplied foam filter (16) over the filter basket (Fig. 2/4). The pleated filter (15) already fitted upon delivery is not suitable for wet vacuuming.
Fitting the pleated filter (Fig. 8)
For dry-vacuuming, slip the pleated filter (Fig. 15) over the filter basket (Fig. 2/4). The pleated filter (15) is suitable for dry-vacuuming only.
Fitting the dirt bag (not supplied)
For vacuuming fine, dry dirt it is recommended that you also fi t the dirt bag. This will ensure that the pleated filter (15) does not clog up so quickly and help maintain the vacuuming power. It also makes it easier to dispose of the dust. Slip the dirt bag over the vacuuming hole. The dirt bag is suitable for dry-vacuuming only.
5.3 Fitting the suction hose (Fig. 9-12)
Connect the suction hose (11) to the corresponding connector on the wet and dry vacuum cleaner, depending on the application required.
Connect the suction hose (11) to the suction hose connector (9).
Connect the suction hose (11) to the blow connector (10). To extend the suction hose (11) you can attach one or more of the elements which make up the 2-part suction tube (12) to the suction hose (11).
Combination nozzle (13)
The dual-purpose nozzle (13) is for vacuuming solids and liquids over medium to large areas
6.1 ON/OFF switch (Fig. 2/2)
Switch position 0: Off
Switch position I: Normal mode
Switch position AUTO: Automatic mode
6.2 Dry vacuuming
For dry-vacuuming, use the pleated filter (15). In
addition, you can also fi t the dirt bag. (See point 5.2)
Always ensure that the filters are securely seated.
6.3 Wet vacuuming
For wet-vacuuming, use the foam filter (16) (see point 5.2).
Check that the filter is securely seated at all times.
Water drain screw (Fig. 1)
To make the tank (8) easier to empty after wet vacuuming, it is fitted with a water drain screw (19). Open the water drain screw (19) by turning it anticlockwise and drain the liquid.
When wet vacuuming, the floating safety switch (5) closes when the maximum tank level is reached. At the same time, the suction noise of the equipment will change and become louder. You must then switch off the equipment and empty the tank.
The wet and dry vacuum cleaner is not suitable for the vacuuming of combustible liquids. For wet vacuuming, use only the supplied foam filter.
Connect the power cable of your electric tool to the automatic socket-outlet (6) and connect the suction hose (11) to the vacuuming connector of your electric tool. Check that the connections are secure and air-tight. Set the switch (2) on the wet and dry vacuum cleaner to position „AUTO“ (automatic mode). The moment you switch on the electric tool, the wet and dry vacuum cleaner switches on as well. When you switch off the electric tool, the wet and dry vacuum cleaner switches off as well after a pre-set delay.
Connect the suction hose (11) to the blow connector (10) on the wet and dry vacuum cleaner.
Replacing the power cable
If the power cable for this equipment is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer or its after-sales service or similarly trained personnel to avoid danger.
Cleaning, maintenance and ordering of spare parts
Always pull out the mains power plug before starting any cleaning work.
- Keep all safety devices, air vents and the motor housing free of dirt and dust as far as possible.
- We recommend that you clean the equipment immediately after you use it.
Cleaning the equipment head (3)
Clean the equipment regularly with a damp cloth and some soft soap. Do not use cleaning agents or solvents; these may be aggressive to the plastic parts in the equipment.
8.3 Cleaning the tank (8)
The tank can be cleaned with a damp cloth and some soft soap or under running water, depending on the amount of dirt.
8.4 Cleaning the filters
Cleaning the pleated filter (15) Clean the pleated filter (15) regularly by carefully patting it and cleaning it with a fi ne brush or hand brush. Cleaning the foam filter (16) Clean the foam filter (16) with a little soft soap under running water and allow it to air-dry.
At regular intervals and before each use, check that the filters in the wet and dry vacuum cleaner are securely fitted.
8.6 Ordering replacement parts:
Please quote the following data when ordering replacement parts:
- Type of machine
- Article number of the machine
- Identification number of the machine
- Replacement part number of the part required For our latest prices and information please go to www.isc-gmbh.info
Disposal and recycling
The equipment is supplied in packaging to prevent it from being damaged in transit. The raw materials in this packaging can be reused or recycled. The equipment and its accessories are made of various types of material, such as metal and plastic. Never place defective equipment in your household refuse. The equipment should be taken to a suitable collection center for proper disposal. If you do not know the whereabouts of such a collection point, you should ask in your local council offices.
Store the equipment and accessories out of children’s reach in a dark and dry place at above freezing temperature. The ideal storage temperature bis between 5 and 30 °C. Store the electric tool in its original packaging.
For EU countries only
Never place any electric power tools in your household refuse. To comply with European Directive 2012/19/EC concerning old electric and electronic equipment and its implementation in national laws, old electric power tools have to be separated from other waste and disposed of in an environment-friendly fashion, e.g. by taking to a recycling depot.
Recycling alternative to the return request:
As an alternative to returning the equipment to the manufacturer, the owner of the electrical equipment must make sure that the equipment is properly disposed of if he no longer wants to keep the equipment. The old equipment can be returned to a suitable collection point that will dispose of the equipment in accordance with the national recycling and waste disposal regulations. This does not apply to any accessories or aids without electrical components supplied with the old equipment. The reprinting or reproduction by any other means, in whole or in part, of documentation and papers accompanying products is permitted only with the express consent of the iSC GmbH. Subject to technical changes.
We have competent service partners in all countries named on the guarantee certificate whose contact details can also be found on the guarantee certificate. These partners will help you with all service requests such as repairs, spare and wearing part orders or the purchase of consumables. Please note that the following parts of this product are subject to normal or natural wear and that the following parts are therefore also required for use as consumables.
|Wear parts*||Combination nozzle, crevice nozzle, upholstery nozzle, electric tool adapter, etc.|
|Consumables*||Pleated filter, foam filter, dirt bag, additional filter, etc.|
Not necessarily included in the scope of delivery!
In the effect of defects or faults, please register the problem on the internet at www.isc-gmbh.info. Please ensure that you provide a precise description of the problem and answer the following questions in all cases:
- Did the equipment work at all or was it defective from the beginning?
- Did you notice anything (symptom or defect) prior to the failure?
- What malfunction does the equipment have in your opinion (main symptom)? Describe this malfunction.
All of our products undergo strict quality checks to ensure that they reach you in perfect condition. In the unlikely event that your device develops a fault, please contact our service department at the address shown on this guarantee card. You can also contact us by telephone using the service number shown.
Please note the following terms under which guarantee claims can be made:
- These guarantee terms apply to consumers only, i.e. natural persons intending to use this product neither for their commercial activities nor for any other self-employed activities. These warranty terms regulate additional warranty services, which the manufacturer mentioned below promises to buyers of its new products in addition to their statutory rights of guarantee. Your statutory guarantee claims are not aff ected by this guarantee. Our guarantee is free of charge to you.
- The warranty services cover only defects due to material or manufacturing faults on a product which you have bought from the manufacturer mentioned below and are limited to either the rectification of said defects on the product or the replacement of the product, whichever we prefer. Please note that our devices are not designed for use in commercial, trade or professional applications. A guarantee contract will not be created if the device has been used by commercial, trade or industrial business or has been exposed to similar stresses during the guarantee period.
- The following are not covered by our guarantee:
- Damage to the device caused by a failure to follow the assembly instructions or due to incorrect installation, a failure to follow the operating instructions (for example connecting it to an incorrect mains voltage or current type) or a failure to follow the maintenance and safety instructions or by exposing the device to abnormal environmental conditions or by lack of care and maintenance.
- Damage to the device caused by abuse or incorrect use (for example overloading the device or the use or unapproved tools or accessories), ingress of foreign bodies into the device (such as sand, stones or dust, transport damage), the use of force or damage caused by external forces (for example by dropping it).
- Damage to the device or parts of the device caused by normal or natural wear or tear or by normal use of the device.
- The guarantee is valid for a period of 24 months starting from the purchase date of the device. Guarantee claims should be submitted before the end of the guarantee period within two weeks of the defect being noticed. No guarantee claims will be accepted after the end of the guarantee period. The original guarantee period remains applicable to the device even if repairs are carried out or parts are replaced. In such cases, the work performed or parts fitted will not result in an extension of the guarantee period, and no new guarantee will become active for the work performed or parts fitted. This also applies if an on-site service is used.
- To make a claim under the guarantee, please register the defective device at: www.isc-gmbh.info. Please keep your bill of purchase or other proof of purchase for the new device. Devices that are returned without proof of purchase or without a rating plate shall not be covered by the guarantee, because appropriate identification will not be possible. If the defect is covered by our guarantee, then the item in question will either be repaired immediately and returned to you or we will send you a new replacement.
Of course, we are also happy off er a chargeable repair service for any defects which are not covered by the scope of this guarantee or for units which are no longer covered. To take advantage of this service, please send the device to our service address. Also refer to the restrictions of this warranty concerning wear parts, consumables and missing parts as set out in the service information in these operating instructions.