electriQ Evaporative Cooler Humidifier User Manual
Thank you for choosing ElectriQ
Please read this user manual before using this innovative Air Cooler and keep it safe for future reference.
Visit our page www.electrlQ.co.uk for our entire range of Intelligent Electricals
- Carefully read the instructions before operating the unit
- This appliance is for indoor use only.
- Rating: This unit must only be connected to a 220-240 V / 50 Hz earthed outlet.
- Installation must be in accordance with regulations of the country where the unit is used.
- If you are in any doubt about the suitability of your electrical supply, have it checked and if necessary modified by a qualified electrician.
- This air cooler has been tested and is safe to use. However, as with any electrical appliances – use it with care.
- Disconnect the power plug from the socket before changing filters, dismantling, assembling or cleaning.
- Avoid touching any moving parts of the appliance.
- Never insert fingers, pencils or any other objects though the guard.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities. It is also not intended for use by those with a lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Do not leave children unsupervised with this appliance.
- Do not clean the unit by spraying it or immersing it in water.
- Never connect the unit to an electrical outlet using an extension cord. If an outlet is not available, one should be installed by a qualified electrician.
- Never operate this appliance if the cord or plug is damaged. Ensure the power cord is not stretched or exposed to sharp object/edges.
- A damaged supply cord should be replaced by the manufacturer or a qualified electrician in order to avoid a hazard.
- Any service other than regular cleaning or filter replacement should be performed by an authorized service representative. Failure to comply could result in a voided warranty.
- Do not use the appliance for any purpose other than its intended use.
- Never use the mains plug as a switch to start and turn off the air unit. Use the provided ON/OFF switch located on the control panel.
- Always place the unit on a dry and stable surface. Do not move or tilt the unit while the water tank is full.
- The appliance should not be installed in laundry or wet rooms
- Do not use this unit in environments with flammable or explosive gases.
- Avoid keeping the unit in direct sunlight for a long period of time.
Energy Saving and Unit Safety Protection Tips
- Do not cover or restrict the airflow from the outlet or inlet grills.
- For maximum performance the minimum distance from a wall or objects should be 50cm.
- Please make sure, while in operation, the water in the water tank does not exceed the MAX level and does not fall below MIN.
- Keep the filters clean. Under normal conditions, filters should only need cleaning once every three weeks (approximately). Since the filters remove airborne particles, more frequent cleaning may be necessary, depending on the air quality.
- In order to achieve maximum efficiency please place the unit near an open door or window. Evaporative Air Coolers work with an evaporative cooling mechanism which requires cross ventilation
- This unit will lose efficiency if humidity in the room reaches a relative humidity of over 60%
- The ambient operating temperature range is from 5°C to 40°C. If used in low temperatures (as a humidifier) it is recommended to fill the water tank with warm (but not hot) water.
- AC120E – 3 in 1 Air Cooler with 10 litre tank
- Air Cooler, Humidifier and Air Cleaner
- Slim design takes minimal space
- Eco Cooler saves energy with no need for venting
- Ideal for rooms and spaces which cannot be sealed or traditionally air conditioned
- 3 fan speeds and oscillation setting for improved air flow: low, medium, high speed for best balance between maximum cooling and quiet operation
- Directional louvres to create a cooling spot
- Honeycomb Filter for improved cooling and air cleaning
- Easy to use digital control panel and intelligent remote
- Handle and wheels for great mobility
- Powerful Air throw with auto swing for faster cooling
- Easy to fill tank and ice box
- Pump protection
- Air flow: up to 400m³/h
- Water tank: 10 Litres
- 3 speed fan: low/ medium/ high
- 7 hour timer
- Versatile and mobile
- High efficiency honeycomb cooling pads
- Remote Control
- Auto Swing
Air coolers cools the air by means of evaporation. When water evaporates into the air, the result is a mixture of air and water molecules. This chemical change requires heat which is taken from the water molecules, resulting in a spot cooling effect.
- The recommended relative humidity for optimum operation is 60% or lower. A drier climate makes for more noticeable cooling.
- The evaporative air cooler should not be used in enclosed or sealed spaces. It must be kept level and there must always be water in the water tank. Doors and windows should be open to allow free air flow. The evaporative air cooler works best when placed near an open window or source of ventilation.
- The evaporative air cooler can also be used to humidify dry environments (during cool weather). When used for humidification, the windows and doors should be closed to allow the humidified air to accumulate. The evaporative air cooler is not an air conditioner as it does not use a compressor or refrigerant. It should not be expected to cool as efficiently as a refrigerated air conditioner.
- When the product is used for the first time, the Honeycomb cooling media will have an odour, this should dissipate within a week of use.
This unit can easily be moved from one room to another. While moving the unit please note that it must always be kept upright and then placed on an even surface.
- Remove all packaging – Keeping the air cooler in a vertical position.
- Make sure all parts are present and the unit is assembled correctly – including the castor wheels (these need to be pushed into place on the base of the unit)
- Water tank: Fill the water tank with water ensuring it does not to go above the MAX level visible in front of the unit.
- When humidifying, the water level must not be lower than the MIN water line.
- If you want to increase the cooling effect, you can put ice or a charged ice pack into the water tank, but be sure that by adding ice or icepacks the water level does not go over the MAX limit. Empty some water if necessary via the drain at the back of the unit.
- Make sure the filter pad is properly inserted in the back of the unit
- Connect the power plug to a working socket, and then press the power button.
CONTROL PANEL AND SETTINGS
ELECTRIQAC120E CONTROL PANEL
- ON / OFF: After connecting the power cord, the air cooler is in standby mode. Press the ON/OFF button to turn on the air cooler.
- OSC Press this button to start the oscillation function. Press it again to turn off oscillation. During Oscillation, the inner louvres will slowly twist to distribute the air over a wider area.
- SPEED: This button is used to control the fan speed. Repeatedly pressing the speed button to cycle between the Low, Medium and High fan speeds.
- STYLE: Press this button to choose between the two styles of airflow: Standard ( Constant fan speed) and Natural ( Fan speed varies to imitate a natural breeze)
- PRO/TIMER: The unit contains an intelligent timer, which can used to instruct the unit to either turn on or off after a set amount of time. The timer can be set from 1 to 7 hours. The time set is calculated by adding up the lights lit. e.g. If 1 H, 2H and 4H are all lit then 7 hours is selected.
TIMER SHUTDOWN FUNCTION: When the air cooler is running, press PRO/TIMER button, this will activate the timer function. Repeatedly press the PRO/TIMER button to select in how many hours you require the unit to shut down.
POWER ON FUNCTION: When unit is on “standby”, press PRO/TIMER button, this will activate the timer function. Repeatedly press the PRO/TIMER button to select in how many hours you require the unit to turn on.
The timer will always show the original timer length, and will not count down on the screen. To cancel the timer, repeatedly press the timer button until none of the timer lights are lit.
- EVA/COOLER: Press this button to turn off the Humidifying function. Press the button again and it will be turned off.
- Open the remote controller rear cover and install a CR2032 battery
- The buttons have the same function as the main control panel
- The remote has an effective control distance of meters
The ice box will absorb the heat from the water, which in turn lowers the temperature of the water tank. This can make the air flow cooler.
- Remove the ice box and put it in the freezer until it is totally frozen
- Put the frozen ice box into the water tank.
ATTENTION: Please shut off the unit and unplug it from the mains before cleaning or performing any maintenance.
CLEANING THE SURFACE
- Clean the plastic housing with a duster or a soft wet cloth.
- Do not use chemical solvents (such as benzene, alcohol or gasoline) as they may cause irreversible damage.
- Make sure no water enters the control panel.
CLEANING THE WATER TANK
- Unplug the power cord, remove the honeycomb filter bracket and then remove the water tank cover. With a cloth (dipped in a mild detergent), wipe the water tank than rinse it.
- Draining the water reservoir and refilling with fresh water at least once a week will help reduce any mineral deposits and keep the filters clean.
- Do not run the unit in Humidify mode with stale water in the tank.
- We recommend emptying the tank and refilling it with fresh water if water has been standing in the tank for an extended period of time.
MAINTAINING AND CHANGING THE HONEYCOMB FILTER PADS
The appliance is supplied with Honeycomb cooling / filter pads. The cleaning frequency for the Honeycomb filter depends on local air and water conditions. In areas where the mineral content of the water is high (hard water), mineral deposits may build up on the honeycomb cooling filter and restrict air flow. If mineral deposits remain on the Honeycomb pads, the filter should be removed and washed under fresh water. We recommend cleaning the honeycomb filter at least every two months, depending on your needs.
For best results, allow the honeycomb filter to dry after each use by turning off the humidify function for 15 minutes (with empty water tank) before turning the unit off.
Unplug the power cord, then remove the honeycomb filter frame, and take the honeycomb filter out of the bracket.
With a mild detergent and a soft brush, scrub the honeycomb filter, clean with water and dry
END OF SEASON MAINTENANCE
- Empty the tank and wash it with warm soapy water
- Wait until tank is dry before closing the tank cover
- Clean the Honeycomb pads, and ensure they are fully dry before reinserting into the unit.
- Store the Icepack in the water tank
- Cover the unit and keep it in a dry place.
If the above solutions do not resolve the problem please contact the service centre.
Disposal: Do not dispose this product as unsorted municipal waste. Collection of such waste must be handled separately as special treatment is necessary.
Recycling facilities are now available for all customers at which you can deposit your old electrical products. Customers will be able to take any old electrical equipment to participating civic amenity sites run by their local councils. Please remember that this equipment will be further handled during the recycling process, so please be considerate when depositing your equipment. Please contact the local council for details of your local household waste recycling centres.
ElectriQ UK SUPPORT
Please, for your own convenience, make these simple checks before calling the service line.
If the unit still fails to operate call: 0871 620 1057 or complete the on line form
- Is the unit plugged into the mains?
- Is the fuse OK?
- Switch the unit off and wait three minutes to see if the issue is resolved. Restart the unit.
Office hours: 9AM – 5PM Monday to Friday