Enzoo Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
HAVE QUESTIONS? WE’RE HERE TO HELP! Enzoo is committed to your satisfaction. If you have questions, just contact us to have them answered immediately without leaving the comfort of your home.
Read this manual thoroughly before using and save it for future reference
Before using the electrical appliance, the following basic precautions should always be followed including the following:
- 1. Read all instructions.
- Before use check that the voltage of wall outlet correspond to the one shown on the rating plate.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions, or is dropped or damaged in any manner. Return appliance to the nearest authorized service facility for examination, repair or electrical or mechanical adjustment.
- If the supply cord is damaged it must be replaced by the manufacturer or a authorized service agent or a qualified technician in order to avoid a hazard.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use, before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning.
- Care shall be taken when handling the sharp cutting blades, emptying the bowl and during cleaning.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or hot surface.
- Do not immerse the motorized base in liquid, or place in dishwasher. Damage to the unit will occur if submerged in liquid or filling the liquid into the container. Only the top cover may be immersed.
- Close supervision is necessary when your appliance is being used near children or infirm persons.
- Ensure fingers are kept well away from moving parts.
- Do not remove cover until blade has completely stopped.
- Do not attempt operation without the cover being in place.
- Do not run the appliance without load.
- The use of accessory not recommended by the manufacturer may cause injuries to persons.
- Immediately turn off the appliance and send it to the authorized service agent for repair if abnormal sound, abnormal taste, excessive heat and smoke are found during use.
- Remove the dust and other foreign objects from the appliance before use.
- It is forbidden to disassemble, repair and rebuild the body.
- After each use, turn the grind control to the “1” position and ensure that the motor stops completely before disassemble.
- Do not plug and unplug the appliance with wet hands or wet towels.
- Do not drag or bind the power cord.
- Do not shake or drop the appliance strongly.
- Check grinding chamber for presence of foreign objects before using.
- This appliance is not intended for used by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliances by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Misuse may cause potential injury.
- Do not operate the appliance for other than its intended use.
- Do not use outdoors.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
SPECIAL NOTES ON PLUG
This appliance incorporated a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug can not fit fully into the socket, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way as this is a safety feature.
KNOW YOUR COFFEE GRINDER
BEFORE THE FIRST TIME
- Carefully unpack your coffee grinder and remove all packing materials.
- To remove any dust that may have accumulated during packaging.
- Rinse the bean box, bean box lid, ground coffee container lid and ground coffee container with water and then dry thoroughly.
CAUTION: Never immerse the body in water for cleaning and do not fill the grinding unit with water for cleaning.
- GRIND COFFEE BEANS AUTOMATICALLY
- Place the coffee grinder on a flat surface.
- Check and make sure that the coffee channel outlet cover must be closed well (see Fig.1), otherwise, the grinding unit can be not installed well and the appliance can not work. Please push the coffee channel outlet cover clockwise to close it well in position if the coffee channel outlet cover is not closed.
- 3. Install the grinding unit onto the upper body as follows: Firstly, align the symbol on the grinding unit with the symbol on the upper body (see Fig.2), then rotate the grinding unit clockwise until the symbol aligns with the symbol (see Fig.3) . If you want to remove the grinding unit, firstly run the coffee grinder to finish grinding the beans in the bean box, then press down the release button and simultaneously turn the grinding unit anticlockwise to remove the grinding unit from the upper body.
NOTE: The grinding unit is equipped with a micro-switch so that it must be assembled in position before operate, or the appliance will not work.
- Install the bean box onto the bean box holder as follows: Firstly, align the symbol on the bean box with the symbol on the upper body (see Fig.4), then rotate the bean box clockwise until the symbol on the bean box aligns with the symbol on the bean box holder (see Fig. 5). If you want to remove the bean box, firstly run the coffee grinder to finish grinding the beans in the bean box, then rotate the bean box counterclockwise for 90° to remove the bean box from the bean box holder.
- Pour appropriate amount of coffee beans into the bean box, it must be noted the quantity of coffee beans shall not exceed 240g.
- Close the bean box lid.
- Put the ground coffee container (with lid in position) on the ground coffee container holder. Ensure that the opening of ground coffee container shall align with the ground coffee outlet.
- Turn the grind control dial to select your desired particle size of ground coffee. Turn it to the left, the particle size will be finer and finer. Turn it to the right, the particle size will be coarser and coarser. The bigger the number is, the coarser the coffee grounds are. Vice versa. That means, 1 is the finest, 10 is the coarsest.
- The ground coffee amount is determined by grinding time, therefore, you can press “+” or “-” button to select your desired grinding time by referring to “ Table 1”. If you do not want to adjust the grinding time, the appliance will work under the default grinding time.
- 10. Connect the appliance with the power source, all the indicators blinks for three times, then the corresponding indicators of three buttons illuminate, and the indicator of “ ” lights up.
- Press the Start/Stop button, its corresponding indicator blinks and the indicators of other two buttons extinguish, and the appliance starts to run.
- The appliance will enter into the sleep state if no any operation within 90 seconds after plug in.
- You can press Start/Stop button to make the appliance stop running at any time during grinding process.
- The application will rest for 30 minutes if it is opened for 3 minutes continuously. During the 30-minute resting state, the indicator of the Start/Stop button will still illuminate but the Start/Stop button can not be functioned, this is normal phenomenon and it is a program setting for protecting the appliance. And it is suggested to operate this appliance for less than 90s per time and minimum 90 seconds rest time must be maintained between continuous two cycles.
- The appliance can not work for 6 minutes continuously within 10 minutes, and it must rest for 30 minutes if the working time exceeds 6 minutes.
- When desired grinding time is reached, the coffee grinder will stop working automatically, the indicators of three buttons and the indicator of selected ground coffee amount illuminate solidly. All the indicators will extinguish and the appliance will enter into sleep mode if no any operation within 90 seconds. To reactivate the appliance, press any button.
NOTE: The maximum amount of ground coffee container is 130g, make sure the coffee ground shall not overflow.
NOTE: After finish grinding, pour the ground coffee into another container to avoid overflow if you need to continue grinding.
- Unplug the appliance, remove the ground coffee container lid and pour out the ground coffee directly.
GRIND COFFEE BEANS MANUALLY
- Follow the operations of Step 1-6 of “GRIND COFFEE BEANS AUTOMATICALLY” .
- Turn the grind control dial to select your desired particle size of ground coffee.
- Connect the appliance with the power source.
- Install the funnel bracket well, put the high-pressurized funnel onto the funnel bracket and then push the funnel towards the funnel bracket (see Fig.6), the indicator of “ ” turns on.
- Press the Start/Stop button and the appliance starts to run.
- When get your desired amount of ground coffee, move the funnel from the funnel bracket, the appliance will stop running, the indicators of three buttons illuminate solidly while other indicators will extinguish. All the indicators will extinguish and the appliance will enter into sleep mode if no any operation within 90 seconds.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
CAUTION: Be sure to unplug this appliance and make it cool down completely before cleaning. To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse cord, plug or body in water or liquid and do not fill the grinding unit with water for cleaning. After each use, always make sure plug is first removed from wall outlet.
- Disassemble the bean box by following the operation mentioned above, and then rinse the bean box, bean box lid, ground coffee container and ground coffee container lid with water, and dry them thoroughly.
- Disassemble the grinding unit by following the operation mentioned above, then detach the ground coffee outlet cover and clean the residual coffee powder on the grinding wheel and grinding blade with a brush, and then pour the residual ground coffee out. Finally, replace the grinding unit well in place. The grinding unit can not be put into the dishwasher for cleaning.
NOTE: Please operate carefully as the grinding wheel & grinding blade are sharp. Before remove the grinding unit, make sure that all the coffee beans in the bean box are ground completely, do not rinse the grinding unit with water.
- Wipe the body with wet cloth and then dry it completely.
- When do not use the appliance, store it in a dry and cool environment.
- The coarse ground coffee is generally used for percolators and coffee urns. Medium ground coffee is used for drip coffee makers and steam-type espresso machines. A fine ground coffee is used for espresso machines with an electric pump.
- For the freshest, most flavorful coffee, grind only enough for the pot you are making. Coffee beans keep up to 2 months in the freezer in an airtight container and can be ground while still frozen. Coffee grounds left in your grinder can become stale and affect the flavor of freshly ground coffee. Be sure to clean grinding chamber, blades and grinding wheel after each use.
- This grinder can only grind dry, brittle foods. It will not grind anything moist, extremely hard, or gummy such as whole ginger, chocolate, sesame seeds or oily spices such as cinnamon, cloves or nutmeg. Do not grind peanuts or grains such as wheat, rice, barley, or dried corn. Attempting to grind any of these foods may damage the unit. Never use it to chop ice cubes.
- Freshly ground peppercorns have a strong aroma and taste that may affect the flavor of coffee beans ground afterward. You may want to purchase a separate grinder if you plan to grind peppercorns.