FoodSaver Handheld Vacuum Sealer
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury to persons including the following:
1. Read all instructions before using this product.
2. To protect against electric shock, do not place or immerse cord, plugs, or appliance in water or other liquid.
3. This appliance is not to be used by children or by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities.
4. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used near children. Children should not play with the appliance.
5. Unplug from outlet before putting on or taking off parts and before cleaning. To disconnect, unplug power cord from outlet. Do not disconnect by pulling on cord.
6. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions, or has been damaged in any manner. Do not attempt to replace or splice a damaged cord. Contact Customer Service (see warranty) for examination, repair or adjustment.
7. The use of an accessory not recommended by the appliance manufacturer for use with this appliance may result in fire, electric shock or injury to persons.
8. Do not use in wet locations or leave outdoors. Do not use for commercial purposes.
9. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
10. Place cord where it cannot be tripped over, pulled on, cause user to become entangled with, especially by children, or cause the appliance to be overturned.
11. Do not place on or near wet surfaces, or heat sources such as a hot gas or electric burner, or heated oven. Always use appliance on a dry, stable, level surface.
12. Extreme caution must be used when sealing bags or moving an appliance containing hot liquids.
13. Always attach plug to appliance first, then plug cord into outlet (for appliances with detachable cords).
14. Use appliance only for its intended use.
15. Vacuum packaging is not a substitute for the heat process of preserving. Perishables still need to be refrigerated or frozen.
16. WARNING: For the purpose of recharging the battery, only use the detachable supply unit provided with this appliance.
17. This appliance contains batteries that are non-replaceable. The battery must be removed from the appliance before it is scrapped. The appliance must be disconnected from the supply mains when removing battery. The battery is to be disposed of safely.
18. Rating label symbols and definitions:
POWER CORD INSTRUCTIONS:
A short power-supply cord or detachable power-supply cord (shorter than 4 ½ feet or 1.4m) is provided on some models to reduce risks resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord. Longer detachable power-supply cords or extension cords are available and may be used if care is exercised in their use. Models provided with cords longer than 4 ½ feet (1.4m), or if a long detachable power-supply cord or extension cord is used on short-cord models:
a. The marked electrical rating of the detachable power-supply cord or extension cord should be no less than the marked electrical rating of the product;
b. When the product is of the grounded type, the extension cord shall be a grounding type 3-wire cord; and
c. The longer cord shall be arranged so that it does not drape over the counter-top or tabletop where it is capable of being tripped over, snagged, or pulled on unintentionally, especially by children.
1. Vacuum packaging is NOT a substitute for the heat process of preserving. Perishables still need to be refrigerated.
2. For best results, use only with FoodSaver® Brand Vacuum Zipper Bags and Fresh Containers*.
3. When vacuum packaging zipper bags, small amounts of liquids, crumbs or food particles can be inadvertently pulled into the Valve, creating a possible air leak. To prevent this, follow these tips:
a. For soups, sauces and liquids: use a container and then place in refrigerator. Sealing liquid in Zipper Bags is NOT recommended.
b. For powdery or fine-grained foods: Avoid overfilling bags or use a container. You can also place a coffee filter or paper towel on top of the food beneath valve before vacuum packaging.
c. Ensure the zipper is closed securely and no food debris is trapped in the zipper. Food trapped in the zipper can create a leak which may cause the bag to lose vacuum over time.
4. Reservoir must be in place during operation of FoodSaver® Zipper Bags and Fresh Containers. For use with FoodSaver® Jar Sealers, Bottle Stoppers, Canisters and other accessories, remove reservoir and seal using the accessory port.
5. When using containers, remember to leave one inch or 2.5cm of space at top of container.
AU: FOODSAVER.COM.AU 1300 881 861
NZ: FOODSAVER.CO.NZ 0800 786 232
You are about to enjoy the freshness benefits of FoodSaver® Handheld Vacuum System. The #1 Selling Brand of Vacuum Sealing Systems. For years, the FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System has helped millions of households keep food fresh longer in the refrigerator, and pantry. The Handheld Vacuum System is designed to remove air from specially designed FoodSaver® vacuum zipper bags and containers. The Handheld Vacuum System is compact and convenient for everyday use.
Guidelines for Vacuum Packaging
Vacuum Packaging & Food Safety
The vacuum packaging process extends the life of foods by removing most of the air from sealed zipper bags and containers, thereby reducing oxidation, which affects nutritional value, flavour and overall quality. Removing air can also inhibit growth of microorganisms, which can cause problems under certain conditions:
Mould: Easily identified by its fuzzy characteristic. Mould cannot grow in a low oxygen environment, therefore vacuum packaging can slow the growth of mould.
Yeast: Results in fermentation, which can be identified by smell and taste. Yeast needs water, sugar and a moderate temperature to grow. It can also survive with or without air. Slowing the growth of yeast requires refrigeration, while freezing stops it completely.
Bacteria: Results in an unpleasant odour, discolouration and/or soft or slimy texture. Under the right conditions, Clostridium botulinum (the organism that causes Botulism) can grow without air and sometimes cannot be detected by smell or taste. Although it is extremely rare, it can be very dangerous. To preserve foods safely, it is critical that you maintain low temperatures.
It is important to note that vacuum packaging is NOT a substitute for canning and it cannot reverse the deterioration of foods. It can only slow down the changes in quality. It is difficult to predict how long foods will retain their top-quality flavour, appearance or texture because it depends on age and condition of the food on the day it was vacuumed packaged.
Food Safety Warning
Use fresh, perishable foods soon after purchase. Even under proper storage conditions, foods lose freshness and nutritive value if they are stored too long.
Food Preparation Tips
To keep cheese fresh, vacuum package it after each use.
IMPORTANT: Soft cheeses should never be vacuum packaged.
To vacuum package soft or airy baked goods, we recommend using a FoodSaver® Container so they will hold their shape.
Charging Your Handheld Vacuum Appliance: Before using the appliance for the first time please charge it for at least 24 hours. Failure to do so will reduce the product’s battery life. Charging Indicator Light remains illuminated when appliance is plugged in and does not indicate charge level.
Note: Unit should be charged for 24 hours every 6 months to maintain battery life.
IMPORTANT: Should liquid be collected in the reservoir, stop vacuuming and remove the reservoir to empty and clean it.
Sealing FoodSaver® Vacuum Zipper Bags
Step 1: Fill and Seal Bag
Place food in FoodSaver® Zipper Bag. Lay Zipper Bag flat with grey circle facing upwards and slide fingers across zipper to close bag.
Step 2: Remove Air from Bag
Press Handheld Vacuum Sealer over grey circle on bag and press the vacuum button until air is removed from bag. Release the button to stop vacuum.
Step 3: Store
Place bag with food into refrigerator or pantry.
Sealing FoodSaver® Fresh Containers
Step 1: Fill and Close
Set FoodSaver® Fresh Container on a flat surface and place food in tray. Place lid on top and apply pressure with both hands to secure into place.
Step 2: Remove Air
Press Handheld Vacuum Sealer over green valve on container lid. Press Vacuum Button on unit and vacuum for 10 seconds after the dimple has been depressed.
Step 3: Store
Place Container with food into refrigerator, or pantry.
Sealing FoodSaver® Accessories
Step 1: Connect Accessory
Remove clear reservoir from the main housing of the
unit. Attach accessory port to the accessory.
Step 2: Remove Air
Press Vacuum Button and vacuum for 10-20 seconds.
Step 3: Store
Place accessory in the refrigerator or pantry.
Features of your Handheld Vacuum System
Care and Cleaning
Care & Cleaning
- Always unplug appliance before cleaning.
- Do not immerse appliance in water.
- Avoid using abrasive products or materials to clean any appliance components. These cleaners can scratch the surface and damage the black foam rubber pads.
- Use a mild dish washing soap and a warm, damp cloth to wipe away food residue inside or around components.
- Empty Reservoir after each use.
Wash in warm soapy water. Air dry before replacing.
IMPORTANT: To remove Reservoir from FoodSaver®: while holding Handheld Vacuum Sealer with one hand pull clear Reservoir away from main housing of unit.
FoodSaver® Fresh Containers
- The Container Base and Lid can be safely washed in the top rack of the dishwasher. You can also wash both pieces in warm, soapy water; rinse well and dry thoroughly. The Vacuum Valve Cover and Gasket can be washed in warm, soapy water; rinse well and dry thoroughly.
- FoodSaver® Containers are microwave safe for reheating only, not for cooking.
Vacuum sealer does not start when start Button is pressed:
Ensure vacuum sealer is charged.
Vacuum Sealer starts but bag does not tighten around food:
- Ensure zipper is firmly closed.
Slide fingers across entire zipper.
- Air valve is not on flat surface. Reposition bag so the Air Valve lies flat on counter with no food under Air Valve.
Vacuum Nozzle and Air Valve are not making secure contact:
Ensure Vacuum Nozzle is centered over the Grey circle and placed flat on Air Valve. Apply moderate pressure.
Air was removed from the bag, but now air has re-entered:
- Examine zipper and valve of bag.
Food debris in zipper or valve may cause leakage and allow air to enter.
- Sometimes moisture or food material along seal edges of the zipper or beneath the valve prevents bag from sealing properly. Wipe the inside of bag around zipper and beneath value and attempt to reseal.
- If you are vacuum packaging sharp food items, bag may have been punctured. Use a new bag if there is a hole. Cover sharp food items with a soft cushioning material, such as a paper towel, and reseal.
The FoodSaver® Fresh Container will not vacuum:
Ensure the gasket on inside of lid is free from food and debris. Remove the valve cover and check to see if there is any debris in the valve. Clean the valve thoroughly periodically after usage. Ensure lid is firmly pressed down onto the base tray.
If You Need Assistance:
AU: 1300 881 861
NZ: 0800 786 232
12 Month Replacement Guarantee
This Sunbeam product is covered by a 12 month replacement or repair warranty, which is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law (if your product was purchased in Australia) or New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act (if your product was purchased in New Zealand).
Should you experience any difficulties with your product during the warranty period, please contact our customer service line for advice on 1300 881 861 in Australia, or 0800 786 232 in New Zealand.
1300 881 861
Units 5 & 6,
13 Lord Street,
Botany NSW 2019
0800 786 232
Level 6, Building 5,
660-670 Great South Road,
Upon receipt of your claim, Sunbeam will seek to resolve your difficulties or, if the product is defective, advise you on how to obtain a replacement or refund.
To assist us in managing warranty claims, we recommend you register your product as soon as practicable after purchase by creating a MySunbeam account on our website and uploading a copy of your original receipt.
In order to make a claim under our warranty, you must have the original proof of purchase documentation for the product and present it when requested (if not already uploaded to our website].
Should your product develop any defect within 1 year of purchase because of faulty materials or workmanship, we will replace or repair it, at our discretion, free of charge. A product presented for repair may be replaced by a refurbished product of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the product.
Our replacement or repair warranty only applies where a defect arises as a result of faulty material or workmanship during the warranty period. Your warranty does cover misuse or negligent handling (including damage caused by failing to use the product in accordance with this instruction booklet), accidental damage, or normal wear and tear.
Your warranty does not:
- cover freight or any other costs incurred in making a claim, consumable items, accessories that by their nature and limited lifespan require periodic renewal (such as filters and seals) or any consequential loss or damage; or
- cover damage caused by:
- power surges, power dips, voltage supply problems, or use of the product on incorrect voltage;
- servicing or modification of the product other than by Sunbeam or an authorised Sunbeam service centre;
- use of the product with other accessories, attachments, product supplies, parts or devices that do not conform to Sunbeam specifications; or
- exposure of the product to abnormally corrosive conditions; or
- extend beyond 3 months if the product is used in commercial, industrial, educational or rental applications.
The benefits given to you by our warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies under law in relation to the product.
In Australia our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Our goods also come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act.
If your warranty claim is not accepted, we will inform you and if requested to do so by you, repair the product provided you pay the usual charges for such repair. You will also be responsible for all freight and other costs.
Should your product require repair or service after the warranty period, contact your nearest Sunbeam service centre. For a complete list of Sunbeam’s service centres, visit our website or call our customer service line for advice on 1300 881 861 in Australia, or 0800 786 232 in New Zealand.