GIOTECH™ EX-01 BLUETOOTH® HEADSET FOR PS3™ USER MANUAL
EXCLUSIVELY DESIGNED FOR GAMING ON PS3™
This product is not designed, manufactured, sponsored or endorsed by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. or any of its divisions. PS3TM is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. The Bluetooth word mark and logos are owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Gioteck is under license. Specification & appearance are subject to change without prior notice. Copyright © 2009, 2010 GBB Group. All Rights Reserved.
Thank you for purchasing the EX-01 Bluetooth® Headset from Gioteck. We hope that this product will go beyond your expectations for a quality accessory. Please read this booklet thoroughly before using the product and review the PS3TM manual for additional details regarding PS3TM operation. Thank you & enjoy!
- Use only as intended.
- This is a precision product and should be handled with care.
- To avoid electrical shock, do not take the product apart.
- Do not store in areas of extreme heat or cold.
- Do not allow product to get wet or dirty; doing so may damage the product.
- Do not clean with benzene, paint thinner, acetone, alcohol, or other such solvents.
- Contains small parts. Not suitable for children under 3 years of age.
This symbol indicates important installation, operation or maintenance instructions. Always follow these instructions closely.
This symbol is intended to alert the user to the presence of potentially harmful or dangerous substances within the product’s enclosure. This symbol may also indicate a procedure that will void your product warranty.
Recycling is important and will help to protect our environment and reduce landfill waste.
This symbol on the product or in the manual means that your electronic equipment should NOT be disposed of in normal household waste at the end of its life. It should be disposed of separately. Please take it to a collection point for electrical waste.
FEATURES and DETAILS
The EX-01 Bluetooth® Headset has been exclusively designed for gamers and gaming, not mobile phones! So you can now maximize your game time without an irritating, uncomfortable earpiece, and still hear your opponent creeping up behind you on your surround sound system!
- LED Feedback
- Volume Decrease
- Power / Mute / Reconnect
- Volume Increase
Pairing Your Headset
- Within the Settings’ menu, press X on Accessory Settings.
- Press X on the icon labelled: Manage Bluetooth® Device.
- Press X on Yes to register your Bluetooth® Device.
- At the next screen, prepare your headset (from off) to be paired with the PS3™ by holding down the power button continuously until the LEDs are flashing alternate Blue & Green.
- Press X to Start Scanning. Once the scan is complete, the PS3™ will recognize all Bluetooth® wireless technology devices devices within range.
- Locate PS3 EX-01 from the list of available devices and press X.
- Press X to enter 0000 (four zeros) as the Pass Key and press X on OK.
- You will be taken to a new screen stating: Register completed.
- Press twice on your controller to go back to Accessory Settings.
- Scroll down and press X on Audio Device Settings.
- Choose PS3 EX-01 as your input and output device from the lists. Press X to confirm your choices.
- Scroll down and press X on OK.
Your EX-01 Bluetooth® Headset is now ready to use…enjoy 🙂
Reversing The Earhook
The EX-01 ships with two earhooks, each marked [L] for the left ear and [R] for the right ear. After selecting the appropriate earhook, follow the instructions below:
Charging Your Headset
The headset contains a rechargeable Li-ion polymer battery. Prior to using the headset for the first time, it is strongly recommended to fully charge the battery for 3 hours.
Connect the USB cable to your PS3TM  and the mini usb  to the headset’s charging socket . The LED will illuminate green during the charging process and will be off when fully charged. NOTE: Charging indication will be delayed for a few minutes if the headset has not been used for a long time.
Normally the battery is fully recharged within 3 hours. As soon as the battery is fully charged, the LED will be off or a weak Green. Disconnect the USB cable from the PS3TM and the headset.
The fully charged battery offers up to 4 hours continuous use. It is advisable to always recharge after lengthy gameplay so the headset is fully charged for the next round.
Do not try to pair the headset to the console, when the headset is charging. If it is charging, it will not pair to the PS3™.
Operating Your Headset
- To power on your headset, press and hold the power button for 1 second until the LED flashes Blue.
NOTE: If the LED flashes Green only, the battery will need to be charged.
- To fit your headset comfortably, lift the earhook and loop it around your ear. Position the speaker in your ear for optimal audio performance.
- To power off your headset, press and hold the power button for 3 seconds until the LED flashes Green.
Tap the + button to increase the volume in increments until the headset reaches your desired volume level.
Tap the – button to decrease the volume in increments until the headset reaches your desired volume level.
Press the power button briefly (less than 1 second) repeat the process to un-mute.
To reconnect the headset to your PS3™ at any time, press the power button.
Having trouble with your EX-01 Bluetooth® Headset? These troubleshooting steps will show you the smoothest path to resolving your issue. Be sure to perform troubleshooting before having your product serviced.
The PS3TM is unable find the headset.
- Make sure that your headset is in pairing mode (see page 4).
- If the headset has been paired with another Bluetooth® device before, the PS3TM will have trouble finding the headset. Either remove the headset from the paired device or turn off the Bluetooth® functionality on the paired device.
- Turn off / remove any other active wireless devices in the vicinity (eg. router, mouse, keyboard, DECT phones) to prevent signal interference.
The headset will not activate after being charged.
- To activate the headset, the battery needs to charge for at least 40 minutes. It is highly recommended to fully charge the battery for the full 3 hours before use.
- The headset will only charge when the PS3TM is switched on.
No indication of charging is shown.
- Charging indication may be delayed for a few minutes if the headset has not been used for a long time (more than a month) or if the battery is drained.
No sound can be heard from the Headset.
- Make sure that your headset has been activated in Audio Device Settings and that your volume is set correctly (refer to page 5) .
- Make sure that the paired devices are within 30 Ft (9.15 metres) of each other.
- Make sure that the headset is turned on and fully charged.
- Check In-game settings.
For further assistance please contact our customer support team on our website: www.gioteck.com
CARE and MAINTENANCE
This product has been designed with the highest concern for safety. However, any electrical device, if used improperly, has the potential to cause harm. To help ensure risk-free operation please pay attention to the guidelines below.
It is best to store the headset in a dry and dust free area. Do not store in areas of extreme heat or cold, and avoid direct sunlight or heat sources such as a heater.
Never attempt to open the headset; doing so will void your warranty.
LITHIUM-ION BATTERIES: Never attempt to replace the Lithium-Ion battery. The battery should only be removed by skilled service personnel.
Never handle a damaged or 02 leaking Lithium-Ion battery. If you come into contact with a leaking battery, please take the following actions:
Contact with eyes: Do not rub, flush with clean water & seek medical attention immediately.
Contact with skin/clothes: Clean infected area with water. Contact your doctor immediately if swelling or soreness occurs.
Please help to conserve the environment by recycling the inner cardboard packaging of this product.
This headset should NOT be disposed of in normal household waste. It should be disposed of separately. Please take it to an electrical waste collection point.
Gioteck hereby declares that this headset is in compliance with the essential requirements and other provisions of Directive 1999/E/EC. To view the full version of the Declaration of Conformity please go online to doc.gioteck.com.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. The device and its antenna must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter. Gioteck are not responsible for any interference caused by unauthorized changes to this equipment.