40cm Whisper Quiet Pedestal Fan
General Care and Safety Guide
Thank you for choosing this Goldair product. This Goldair appliance has been designed and manufactured to high standards of engineering and with proper use and care, as described in this leaflet, will give you years of useful service. Please read these instructions carefully and keep them for future reference.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent, or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- Ensure that the fan is switched off from the supply mains before removing the guard.
- Use only the voltage specified on the rating plate of the appliance.
- Keep all objects at least 1 Metre from the front, sides and rear of the appliance
- This appliance is intended for household use only and not for commercial or industrial use.
- Use this appliance only as described in this manual. Any other use is not recommended by the manufacturer and may cause fire, electric shock or injury.
- The common cause of overheating is deposits of dust or fluff in the appliance. Ensure these deposits are removed regularly by unplugging the appliance and vacuum cleaning the air vents and grills.
- Always unplug appliance when not in use.
- When the appliance has been unpacked, check it for transport damage and ensure all parts have been delivered. If parts are missing or the appliance has been damaged, contact the Goldair Customer Services Team.
- If your appliance does not work, or is not working properly, contact the place of purchase. Repair work on the appliance by unqualified persons can cause serious risk to the user.
- Ensure hands are dry before handling the plug or the main unit.
- Carry out regular checks of the supply cord to ensure no damage is evident.
- Ensure that the cord is fully extended (not coiled) while in use.
- Avoid contact with the moving parts. Keep hands, hair, clothing, away from blade of the fan during operation to reduce the risk of injury to person and/or damage to the unit.
- Switch off and use handles provided when moving.
- It is recommended that this fan is plugged directly into the wall socket.
- A correctly specified, undamaged extension cord may be used with this fan provided it is used in a safe manner.
- 2Never place appliance close to radiant heat source.
- Never operate in areas where petrol, paint or other flammable liquids are used or
- Never use the appliance to dry clothes.
- Never insert or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening, as this may cause an electric shock, fire or damage to the appliance.
- Never use abrasive cleaning products on this appliance. Clean with a damp cloth (not wet) rinsed in hot soapy water only. Always remove plug from the mains supply before cleaning.
- Never connect the appliance to mains supply until completely assembled and adjusted.
- Never remove plug from power socket until the appliance has been switched off.
- Never remove plug from power socket by pulling cord – always grip plug.
- Never twist, kink or wrap the cord around the appliance, as this may cause the insulation to weaken and split. Always ensure that all cord has been removed from any cord storage area and is unrolled before use.
- Never use this appliance in the immediate surroundings of a bath, a shower, or a swimming pool or other liquids. The appliance must not be immersed in any liquids.
- Due to the risk of injury, never use this appliance for any purpose other than its intended use. This appliance is intended for use in households and similar applications such as staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments; farm houses, by clients in hotels, motels, bed and breakfast type environments and other residential type environments
- Never use this appliance outdoors.
- Never operate the appliance with a damaged cord or plug, after it malfunctions, or if it has been damaged in any manner. Have the appliance checked and repaired by a qualified electrician if repair is necessary.
- Never place the unit in wardrobes or other enclosed spaces as this may cause fire hazards.
Supply: 220 – 240VAC 50Hz
|Height adjustment nut
Loosen and remove the height adjustment collar from the top of the inner tube.
Slide the base decorative cap onto the pole and replace the height adjustment collar.
Then connect the pole assembly to the base with the “L” shaped screw supplied. Tighten until secure.
Slide the base decorative cap down over the assembly.
Take off guard lock nut from motor shaft.
Place the rear guard on the front of the motor housing. Line up the lugs on the front of the motor housing with the holes in the rear guard.
Screw on guard lock nut tightly to attach rear guard.
Place the fan blade on the motor shaft and secure it by tightening the fan blade nut.
Place the front grill and install the plastic ring around the grids.
Tighten the screw of the grid to set the ring.
Insert inner tube into fan control panel and secure by tightening the large screw at the rear
Operating your Fan
Always choose a safe location for the fan, keeping in mind the safety precautions outlined. Ensure all packaging has been removed from the unit before use. This appliance requires no installation, it should be used solely as a portable appliance.
WARNING: Keep all objects at least 1 metre from the front, sides and rear of the appliance.
IMPORTANT! NEVER COVER THIS APPLIANCE!
Place the fan on a dry, level and sturdy surface.
Plug the power cord into the socket, making sure the speed control is at OFF position.
Press ON/OFF button to start the fan.
Press SPEED button to set Low, Middle or High speed.
Press MODE button to set normal, natural or silent mode.
In Silent mode, the fan will operate at a predetermined speed and the symbol will be illuminated.
In Natural mode the airflow changes from high to low in a rhythmic pattern. The symbol will be illuminated.
Press SWING button to active oscillation function.
Tilt adjustment: air flow can be adjusted by moving the fans head up or down.
All functions on the fan can be activated from the remote control.
The remote control requires 2 x AAA batteries (supplied). If the remote control stops working, replace the batteries.
The fan requires regular cleaning to ensure trouble-free operation.
Ensure that the fan is switched off from the supply mains before removing the guard.
Unplug the fan from the mains supply before cleaning.
Use a damp cloth (not wet) to wipe the exterior of the fan to remove dust and dirt.
Use a vacuum cleaner to remove dust and fluff from around the grills.
Ensure the fan is dry before plugging back into the mains supply.
Do not attempt to dismantle the fan.
There are no user-serviceable parts. For service or repair, contact an authorized electrical service technician.
PROOF OF PURCHASE
To receive warranty retain receipt as proof of purchase. (Refer to back of booklet).
|SUPPORT AND TECHNICAL ADVICE
|Goldair – New Zealand
Monday – Friday 8am-5pm
Phone +64 (0)9 917 4000
Phone 0800 232 633
|Goldair – Australia
Monday – Friday 8am-5pm
Phone +61 (0)3 9365 5100
Phone 1300 465 324
One Year Warranty
Thank you for purchasing this Goldair product. Your product is warranted against faults and manufacture when used in normal domestic use for a period of one year. In non-domestic use Goldair limits the voluntary warranty to three months.
Goldair undertake to repair or replace this product at no charge if found to be defective due to a manufacturing fault during the warranty period.
This warranty excludes damage caused by misuse, neglect, shipping accident, incorrect installation, or work carried out by anyone other than a qualified electrical service technician.
PLEASE KEEP YOUR RECEIPT AS THIS WILL HELP VERIFY YOUR WARRANTY.
The benefits to you given by this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies available to you under a law in relation to the goods or services to which this warranty relates.
In Australia, our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
In New Zealand this warranty is additional to the conditions and guarantees of the Consumers Guarantee Act (1993).
Goldair – New Zealand
PO Box 100-707
Auckland , 0745
Phone +64 (0)9 917 4000
Phone 0800 232 633
Goldair – Australia
CDB Goldair Australia Pty
PO Box 574
Phone +61 (0)3 9365 5100
Phone 1300 GOLDAIR (1300 465 324)
Goldair One Year Warranty (IMPORTANT: Please complete and retain this warranty card)
Place Of Purchase __________________________
Date of Purchase ____________________________
Name Of Product ____________________________
Model Number ________________________________
Attach a copy of the purchase receipt to this warranty card
Due to continual design improvements, the product illustrated in this User Manual may differ slightly from the actual product.