INSTRUCTIONS FOR SAFE USE
This appliance should only be used for domestic cleaning, as described in this user guide. Please ensure that this guide is fully understood before operating the appliance.
Do not leave the appliance plugged in. Always switch off and remove the plug from the socket after use, or before cleaning the appliance or any maintenance task.
This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if
they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance.
Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
If the power cord is damaged stop using the appliance immediately. To avoid a safety hazard, an authorised HOOVER service engineer must replace the power cord.
Keep hands, feet, loose clothing and hair away from rotating brushes.
Use only attachments, consumables or spares recommended or supplied by HOOVER.
Static electricity: Some carpets can cause a small build up of static electricity. Any static discharge is not hazardous to health.
Do not use your appliance out of doors or on any wet surface or for wet pick up.
Do not pick up hard or sharp objects, matches, hot ashes, cigarette ends or other similar items.
GETTING TO KNOW YOUR CLEANER
|A. Bag Door Release Latch
B. Cord Rewind Button
C. Parking Slot
D. Exhaust Filter Cover
E. On/Off Button
F. Variable Power Control*
G. Bag Check Indicator
H. Bag Door
I. Main Cleaner
K. Hose Handle
L. Suction Regulator
M. Telescopic Tube
N. Telescopic Tube Adjuster
O. Floor Type Selector Pedal*
P. Carpet and Floor Nozzle (GP) **
|P1. Carpet Nozzle (CA) **
P2. Hard Floor Nozzle (HF) **
Q. Carpet and Floor Nozzle Slider*
R. Pre-motor Filter
S. Pre-motor Filter Frame
T. Exhaust Filter
U. 2 in 1 Accessory
V. Pet Hair Remover Mini Turbo Nozzle*
W. Allergen Remover Mini Turbo Nozzle*
X. Parquet Nozzle*
Y. Parquet Extra Nozzle*
Za. Long Flexible Crevice Tool*
Zb. Large Dusting Brush with integrated Furniture nozzle *
Zc. Accessories’ bag *
GETTING TO KNOW YOUR CLEANER
Remove all components from the packaging.
- Connect the hose to the cleaner main body, ensuring it locks into position.  To release the hose: simply press the two latches on the hose end and pull.
- Connect the hose handle to the upper tube end. 
- Connect the tube lower end to the carpet and floor nozzle** or accessories if required. 
USING YOUR CLEANER
- Extract power cord and plug it into the power supply. Do not pull the cord beyond the red marker. 
- Adjust the telescopic tube to the desired height by moving the telescopic tube adjuster up and raise or lower the handle to the most comfortable cleaning position. 
- Carpet and Floor Nozzle**: Press the floor type selector pedal* on the nozzle to select the ideal cleaning mode for the floor type.
Hard Floor – Brushes are lowered to protect the floor.
Carpet – Brushes are raised for the deepest clean.
Carpet & Floor Nozzle**: 
– Hard floor Cleaning: Press the pedal on the nozzle on Hard Floor mode and adjust the slider on the nozzle on ALL FLOORS. In this position brushes, wheels and wiper blades are lowered to protect hard floors. [4a]
– Standard Carpet & Rugs Cleaning: Press the pedal on the nozzle on Carpet mode and adjust the slider on the nozzle on ALL FLOORS. In this position brushes and wiper blades are raised while wheels are lowered to allow perfect ease of movement on such surfaces. [4b]
– Deep Carpet Cleaning: Press the pedal on the nozzle on Carpet mode and adjust the slider on the nozzle on DEEP CARPET CLEANING. In this position brushes, wheels, and wiper blades are raised for deeper cleaning of your carpet. [4c]
WARNING: It is recommended to avoid potential scratching of wooden floors that the pedal is not set on Hard floor mode and the slider on Deep carpet cleaning.
- Switch the cleaner on by pressing the On/Off button on the cleaner main body. 
- Rotate Variable power rotary knob to increase or decrease the power. 
- Adjust the suction regulator to the desired level. 
- Switch off at the end of use by pressing the on/off button. Unplug and press the cord rewind button to wind the power cord back into the cleaner.
- Parking and storage – The tube can be parked for temporary storage while in use, or in the storage position when not in use. 
Replacing the Dust Bag
If the bag check indicator is red, please check and, if necessary, replace the bag.
- Lift the bag door Latch to open the bag door and remove the bag. [11,12] The full dust bag should be disposed of correctly and carefully.
- Fold a new bag as shown on the bag and fit by inserting the collar into the bag holder.
- Close the Bag door.
REMEMBER: The bag check indicator may be red if an obstruction has occurred. In this case refer to ‘Removing a Blockage From the System’.
Cleaning the Filter:
To maintain optimum performance of your cleaner, please wash the pre-motor filter and exhaust filter after each 5 bag changes.
Cleaning the pre-motor filter:
- Lift the bag door release latch to open the bag door and remove the bag. [11,12]
- To remove the pre-motor filter slide the pre-motor filter frame from the cleaner. 
- Remove the filter from the holder. 
- Wash it in hand warm water , and allow it to dry  thoroughly before replacing to the cleaner.
Cleaning the exhaust filter:
- The remove the exhaust filter, unclip the exhaust filter cover and remove the exhaust filter pack. [14,15]
- Wash the filter in hand warm water  and allow it to dry  thoroughly before replacing to the cleaner.
REMEMBER: Do not use hot water or detergents. In the unlikely event of the filters becoming damaged, fit a Genuine Hoover replacement.
Do not try and use the product without a dust bag or filter fitted.
Cleaning the permanent cloth dust bag* (certain models only) To maintain optimum performance we recommend that you wash the permanent cloth dust bag underhand warm water after every 5 full bags. Remove excess water and leave to dry fully before replacing.
Removing a blockage from the system If the bag check indicator is red:
- Check if the bag is full. If so refer to ‘Replacing The Dust Bag’.
- If it is not full, then;
A. Do the filters need cleaning? If so refer to ‘Cleaning the Filter’.
B. Check if there is any other blockage in the system – Use a rod or a pole to remove any blockage from telescopic tube* or flexible hose.
WARNING*: -The bag check indicator will remain red if the cleaner is used when the bag is full, if there is a blockage or if the filters are dirty. If used for a period over ten 10 minutes with the bag check indicator red, an electronic cut-out will switch the cleaner off to prevent any risk of overheating. If this should happen, switch the cleaner off, unplug and correct the fault (see ‘Removing a blockage’). The cut-out will automatically reset upon switching the cleaner back on.
ACCESSORIES AND NOZZLES
To obtain the best performance and efficiency it is recommended that the correct nozzles are used for the main cleaning operations. These nozzles are indicated in the diagrams by the letters GP, HF or CA. A nozzle type GP can be used to clean both carpet and hard floor. A nozzle-type HF is suitable for use only on hard floor.
A nozzle of type CA is suitable for use only on carpet.
The other nozzles are accessories for specialist cleaning tasks and are recommended for occasional use only.
All accessories can be fitted to the end of the hose handle  or to the end of the tube.
2 in 1 Tool combines several functions into one tool [U]:
Crevice Tool – For corners and hard-to-reach areas.
Dusting Brush – For bookshelves, frames, keyboards and other delicate areas.
Pet Hair Remover Mini Turbo Nozzle*– Use the mini turbo nozzle on stairs or for deep cleaning on textile surfaces and other hard-to-clean areas. Particularly suitable for pet hair removal.
Allergen Remover Mini Turbo Nozzle* – Use the mini turbo nozzle on stairs or for deep cleaning on textile surfaces and other hard-to-clean areas. Particularly suitable for
Parquet Nozzle* – For parquet floors and other delicate floors.
IMPORTANT: Do not use mini turbo nozzles on rugs with long fringes, animal hides, and carpet piles deeper than 15mm. Do not keep the nozzle stationary while the brush is rotating. Long Flexible Crevice Tool * – Ideal for car cleaning. Its length enables the cleaning of difficult areas to reach, narrow crevices. [Za]
Large Dusting Brush with integrated Furniture Nozzle*- Suitable to clean the soft & delicate surfaces for both car and home. [Zb]
Accessories’ bag* – For tidy storage of all the accessories. [Zc]
Should you have a problem with the product, complete this simple user checklist before calling your local Hoover service.
- Is there a working electricity supply to the cleaner? Please check with another electrical appliance.
- Is the dust bag over-filled? Please refer to ‘Cleaner Maintenance’.
- Is the Filter blocked? Please refer to ‘Cleaner Maintenance’.
- Is the hose or nozzle blocked? Please refer to ‘Removing a blockage from the system’.
- Has the cleaner overheated? If so, it will take approximately 30 minutes to automatically reset.
HOOVER spares and Consumables
Always replace parts with genuine HOOVER spares. These are available from your local HOOVER dealer or direct from Hoover. When ordering parts always quote your model number.
HOOVER’s factories have been independently assessed for quality. Our products are made using a quality system that meets the requirements of ISO 9001.
The guarantee conditions for this appliance are as defined by our representative in the country in which it is sold. Details regarding these conditions can be obtained from the dealer from whom the appliance was purchased. The bill of sale or receipt must be produced when making any claim under the terms of this guarantee. Subject to change without notice.
Do not spray with or pick up flammable liquids, cleaning fluids, aerosols or their vapors.
Do not run over the power cord when using your appliance or remove the plug by pulling on the power cord.
Do not continue to use your appliance if it appears faulty.
HOOVER service: To ensure the continued safe and efficient operation of this appliance we recommend that any servicing or repairs are only carried out by an authorized HOOVER service engineer.
Do not stand on or wrap the cord around arms or legs when using your appliance.
Do not use the appliance to clean animals or people.
Do not position the appliance above you when cleaning the stairs.
The symbol on this appliance indicates that this appliance may not be treated as household waste. Instead, it must be handed over to the applicable collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. Disposal must be carried out in accordance with local environmental regulations for waste disposal. For more detailed information about the treatment, recovery and recycling of this appliance, please contact your local city office, your household and waste disposal service or the shop where you purchased the appliance.
This appliance complies with the European Directives 2014/35/EU, 2014/30/EU
CANDY HOOVER GROUP S.r.l. Via Privata Eden Fumagalli, 20861 Brugherio (MB) Italy