Huawei Mobile WiFi User Guide
Inserting the SIM Card
Insert the SIM card into the slot with its chip side facing down and the notched side facing out.
Remove the back cover to view the default Wi-Fi® name (SSID) and password (Wi-Fi Key).
Powering on the Mobile WiFi
Press and hold the Power button to power on the Mobile WiFi. Your Mobile WiFi searches for mobile network signals automatically after it is powered on.
Green: Strong signal
Yellow: Weak signal
Red: No Internet access
Refer to the FAQs section below if the signal indicator on your Mobile WiFi is red or yellow.
Accessing the Internet
Connect your device to the Mobile WiFi to access the Internet. Remove the back cover to view the default Wi-Fi name (SSID) and password (Wi-Fi Key).
Using app: You may scan the QR code below to download HUAWEI AI Life app to manage your Mobile WiFi, for example, changing your Wi-Fi name or assword, or checking data usage.
If you cannot add device in the app, please check if you are using the latest version.
Using browser: You can manage the Mobile WiFi using the web-based management page. Remove the back cover to view the default IP address, password and so on.
• If you cannot visit the web-based management page, check whether your mobile phone or computer is connected to your Mobile WiFi.
• We suggest that you modify the default Wi-Fi name and password, and the default login password to ensure that your data is secure.
Red: Low battery power. Please charge your Mobile WiFi.
Please use the original Huawei charging cable and power adapter.
The power adapter is an optional accessory. If it is not included in the package, you can purchase it separately from a retailer.
- SMS indicator
- Battery indicator
- Power button
- USB port
- Signal indicator
- Reset button
To power off the Mobile WiFi: Press and hold the Power button until all indicators turn off.
To restore the Mobile WiFi to its factory settings: Use a pin to press and hold the Reset button while your Mobile WiFi is powered on. When all indicators start to flash, the reset is complete.
Copyright © Huawei 2020. All rights reserved.
THIS DOCUMENT IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSE ONLY, AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ANY KIND OF WARRANTIES. LTE is a trademark of ETSI. Wi-Fi ® , the Wi-Fi CERTIFIED logo, and the Wi-Fi logo are trademarks of Wi-Fi Alliance.
By continuing to use this device, you indicate that you have read and agree to the following content:
In order to provide better service, this device will automatically obtain software update information from Huawei or your carrier after connecting to the Internet. This process will use mobile data, and requires access to your device’s unique identifier (IMEI/SN) and the service provider network ID (PLMN) to check whether your device needs to be updated. This device supports the automatic update feature. Once enabled, the device will automatically download and install critical updates from Huawei or your carrier. The function is enabled by default, and can be disabled from the settings menu on the web-based management page.
• Some wireless devices may affect the performance of hearing aids or pacemakers. Consult your service provider for more information.
• Pacemaker manufacturers recommend that a minimum distance of 20 cm be maintained between a device and a pacemaker to prevent potential interference with the pacemaker. If using a pacemaker, hold the device on the side opposite the pacemaker and do not carry the device in your front pocket.
• Ideal operating temperatures are 0 °C to 35 °C. Ideal storage temperatures are -20 °C to +60 °C. Extreme heat or cold may damage your device or accessories.
• Keep the device and accessories in a well-ventilated and cool area away from direct sunlight. Do not enclose or cover your device with towels or other objects. Do not place the device in a container with poor heat dissipation, such as a box or bag.
• Keep the device away from sources of heat and fire, such as a heater, microwave oven, stove, water heater, radiator, or candle.
• Using an unapproved or incompatible power adapter, charger or battery may cause fire, explosion or other hazards.
• Choose only accessories approved for use with this model by the device manufacturer. The use of any other types of accessories may void the warranty, may violate local regulations and laws, and may be dangerous. Please contact your retailer for information about the availability of approved accessories in your area.
• For pluggable devices, the socket-outlet shall be installed near the devices and shall be easily accessible.
• Ensure that the charger meets the requirements of Clause 2.5 in IEC60950-1/EN60950-1/UL60950-1 and has been tested and approved according to national or local standards.
• Keep the battery away from excessive heat and direct sunlight. Do not place it on or in heating devices, such as microwave ovens, stoves, or radiators. Batteries may explode if overheated.
• Do not attempt to modify or remanufacture the battery, insert foreign objects into it, or immerse or expose it to water or other liquids. Doing so may lead to fire, explosion, or other hazards.
• Dispose of used batteries in accordance with local regulations. Improper battery use may lead to fire, explosion, or other hazards.
• Areas with flammables and explosives: Do not use the device where flammables or explosives are stored (in a gas station, oil depot, or chemical plant, for example). Using your device in these environments increases the risk of explosion or fire. In addition, follow the instructions indicated in text or symbols. Do not store or transport the device in containers with flammable liquids, gases, or explosives.
• Blasting Caps and Areas: Turn off your device or wireless device when in a blasting area or in areas posted turn off “two-way radios” or “electronic devices” to avoid interfering with blasting operations.
• Medical devices: Please consult your doctor and the device manufacturer to determine if operation of your device may interfere with the operation of your medical device.
• Hospitals: Switch off your wireless device when requested to do so in hospitals, clinics or health care facilities. These requests are designed to prevent possible interference with sensitive medical equipment.
• Aircraft: Switch off your wireless device whenever you are instructed to do so by airport or airline staff. Consult the airline staff about the use of wireless devices on board the aircraft, if your device offers a ‘flight mode’ this must be enabled prior to boarding an aircraft.
Disposal and recycling information
The crossed-out wheeled-bin symbol on your product, battery, literature or packaging reminds you that all electronic products and batteries must be taken to separate waste collection points at the end of their working lives; they must not be disposed of in the normal waste stream with household garbage. It is the responsibility of the user to dispose of the equipment using a designated collection point or service for separate recycling of waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) and batteries according to local laws.
Proper collection and recycling of your equipment helps ensure electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) waste is recycled in a manner that conserves valuable materials and protects human health and the environment, improper handling, accidental breakage, damage, and/or improper recycling at the end of its life may be harmful for health and environment. For more information about where and how to drop off your EEE waste, please contact your local authorities, retailer or household waste disposal service or visit the website https://consumer.huawei.com/en/.
Reduction of hazardous substances
This device and its electrical accessories are compliant with local applicable rules on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment, such as EU REACH, RoHS and Batteries (where included) regulations. For declarations of conformity about REACH and RoHS, please visit our web site https://consumer.huawei.com/certification.
EU regulatory conformance
RF exposure requirements
Important safety information regarding radio frequency (RF) radiation exposure:
RF exposure guidelines require that the device be used at a minimum of 0.5 cm from the human body. Failure to observe this guideline may result in RF exposure exceeding limits.
Certification information (SAR)
This device meets guidelines for exposure to radio waves. Your device is a low-power radio transmitter and receiver. As recommended by international guidelines, the device is designed not to exceed the limits for exposure to radio waves. These guidelines were developed by the International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection (ICNIRP), an independent scientific organization, and include safety measures designed to ensure the safety of all users, regardless of age and health. The Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) is the unit of measurement for the amount of radio frequency energy absorbed by the body when using a device. The SAR value is determined at the highest certified power level in laboratory conditions, but the actual SAR level during operation can be well below the value. This is because the device is designed to use the minimum power required to reach the network. The SAR limit adopted by Europe is 2.0 W/kg averaged over 10 grams of tissue, and the highest SAR value for this device complies with this limit.
Hereby, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. declares that this device E5576-322 is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 2014/53/EU.
The most recent and valid version of the DoC (Declaration of Conformity) can be viewed at https://consumer.huawei.com/certification.
This device may be operated in all member states of the EU.
Observe national and local regulations where the device is used.
This device may be restricted for use, depending on the local network.
Restrictions in the 2.4 GHz band:
Norway: This subsection does not apply for the geographical area within a radius of 20 km from the centre of Ny-Ålesund.
Frequency Bands and Power
(a) Frequency bands in which the radio equipment operates: Some bands may not be available in all countries or all areas. Please contact the local carrier for more details.
(b) Maximum radio-frequency power transmitted in the frequency bands in which the radio equipment operates: The maximum power for all bands is less than the highest limit value specified in the related Harmonized Standard. The frequency bands and transmitting power (radiated and/or conducted) nominal limits applicable to this radio equipment are as follows: GSM900:35.5dBm, GSM1800:32.5dBm, WCDMA900/2100:25.7dBm, LTE Band 1/3/7/8/20/28/38/40: 25.7dBm, Wi-Fi 2.4G:20dBm.
Accessories and Software Information
Some accessories are optional in certain countries or regions. Optional accessories can be purchased from a licensed vendor as required. The following accessories are recommended: Adapters: HW-050100X01 (X represents the different plug types used, which can be either C, U, J, E, B, A, I, R, Z or K, depending on your region) Batteries: HB434666RBC The product software version is 10.0.3.1(H693SP10C00). Software updates will be released by the manufacturer to fix bugs or enhance functions after the product has been released. All software versions released by the manufacturer have been verified and are still compliant with the related rules.
All RF parameters (for example, frequency range and output power) are not accessible to the user, and cannot be changed by the user.
For the most recent information about accessories and software, please see the DoC (Declaration of Conformity) at https://consumer.huawei.com/certification.
Please visit https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/hotline for recently updated hotline and email address in your country or region.
What should I do if the signal indicator on my Mobile WiFi is red and I do not have Internet access?
- Make sure that the SIM card is the right size and inserted correctly into the slot.
- Confirm that your SIM card has sufficient balance. If your SIM card is new, ensure that it has Internet access.
- The PIN verification feature may have been enabled. 1) Open the HUAWEI AI Life app, and go to Advanced Settings > PIN Management to enter the correct PIN code. 2) Disable this feature if you don’t want to enter your PIN on a regular basis.
- If the issue persists, restore your Mobile WiFi to its factory settings and try again.
What should I do if the signal indicator on my Mobile WiFi is yellow, the signal strength is weak, or the network speed is slow?
- Move your Mobile WiFi closer to a window or use it in an open area to receive better signal.
- However, if your mobile phone receives good signal strength at the same spot where your Mobile WiFi is placed, restore your Mobile WiFi to its factory settings and try again.
Refer to the Appearance section above to restore your Mobile WiFi to its factory settings.
What should I do if I can’t connect to my Mobile WiFi after a period of inactivity?
Your Mobile WiFi may be in sleep mode or powered off.
Press the Power button on your Mobile WiFi. If indicators light up, your Mobile WiFi was in sleep mode. In this mode, your Mobile WiFi automatically disables Wi-Fi to save power.
HUAWEI AI Life app.
If there is no response after you press the Power button, your Mobile WiFi is powered off. Press and hold the Power button to power it back on.
Avoid using your Mobile WiFi where active wireless devices are prohibited (such as during flights), and ensure that it is powered off.
Will this device do 4g/lte in germany or only 3g?
Yes, E5577Cs-321 will work in both 4G LTE and 3G modes in Germany and the rest of EU.
Will this work in Colombia
Yes, Huawei E5577Cs-321 will work in Colombia with 4G LTE Claro 2600 MHz, 4G LTE DirecTV 2600 MHz and 4G LTE Une-EPM 2600 MHz.
is this offered for usa, with 4g?
No, it will not work in 4G mode in the USA
Does this work with a travel UK three sim card?
Will this work with t mobile in usa?
Yes. It works.
How do you charge it?
Any charger with a microUSB connector (basically any charger for Android phones).
will this work in Israel and the USA?
Yes, Huawei E5577Cs-321 will work in Israel with 4G LTE and 3G networks and in the USA with 3G networks of AT&T and T-Mobile.
can i connect through the usb cable not wirelessly
Can this use in china
Yes, but in 3G only with China Unicom and China Mobile.
Will this work in the bahamas with btc?
Yes, Huawei E5577Cs-321 will work in the Bahamas with BTC in 3G mode
How can I set up Wi-Fi name (SSID) and password (Wi-Fi Key) on my Mobile WiFi?
You can set up Wi-Fi name (SSID) and password (Wi-Fi Key) on your Mobile WiFi via app or browser interface as follows:
1) Using app: Scan this QR code below to download HUAWEI AI Life app to manage your Mobile WiFi, for example, changing Wi-Fi name or password, or checking data usage; https://smarthome.hicloud.com/d/?v2
2) Using browser: Go to http://192.168.8.1 in your computer’s web browser, enter admin as both user name and password to access the web management page of your Mobile WiFi; http://1921680180 . If you have changed the default IP address, user name and password of your Mobile WiFi, please enter them manually according to the information printed on its back cover; http://1921680180 . If you still cannot access the web management page, please contact your local service provider for assistance; http://1921680180 .
will this device work in Afghanistan?
Yes, Huawei E5577Cs-321 will work in Afghanistan with 3G 1900 / 2100 MHz Etisalat; 3G 2100 MHz MTN Afghanistan; 3G 2100 MHz Salaam and 4G LTE Afghan Wireless 1800 MHz (in Kabul)
When using a foreign sim card, is your wlan advanced settings locked out? i am unable to modify wifi channel making hotspot useless. any solutions?
Normally, it is set to auto channel selection and the 2.4 GHz band, however, both are adjustable. If you are worried that the SIM card is locking the settings, you can remove the SIM card and power it back up. It will work without a SIM card installed, but it will complain at you – you can then configure the settings however you want, power it back down, and re-install the SIM card. I was able to configure the WiFi settings without a SIM card installed (but mine also allowed me to configure the settings with two different foreign SIMs in it).
Will it have full speed 4g lte for t-mobile, at&t or verizon in the usa?
Depends on the location. Even phones do not have 4G everywhere. Also if multiple devices connect to it, then speeds will drop accordingly.
Will it work in the Forrest?
it would work as long as you have network coverage
Does it support hspda
Yes, Huawei E5577Cs-312 supports HSDPA up to 42Mbps
Will this work with Google Fi?
Huawei E5577Cs-321 supports only one 3G band used by Google Fi (no 4G Google Fi bands) and Google Fi may block it. Check with Google Fi.