HUAWEI SGA-B19 Smartwatch User Guide
Quick Start Guide Appearance
If you feel wrist or ear discomfort after using the device, stop using it until you see a medical professional.
Set Up Your Device
To make sure your phone can pair with both the watch and the earbuds, do not open the watch cover or take out the earbuds before pairing is complete. Pair the device with your phone using the Huawei Health app. Please scan the QR code or search for “Huawei Health” in AppGallery or at onsumer.huawei.com to download the Huawei Health app. Add your device in the Huawei Health app, and follow the onscreen instructions to finish pairing
Taking out the earbuds
- Gently push the cover button, and the watch cover will open.
- Lift the watch cover.
- Take out the earbuds and close the watch cover.
Putting the earbuds back
- Attach the earbuds directly to the inside of the watch cover, with the ear tips facing downwards.
- Close the watch cover. Charging the earbuds: Place the earbuds in the watch and close the watch cover. The watch will charge the earbuds automatically. You can see the earbuds’ charging status and battery level on the watch screen.
• Take care when putting the earbuds in the compartments. Putting them in with extra force may damage the charging terminal.
• When your watch has low battery, it will not be able to charge your earbuds. To charge your earbuds, make sure your watch has enough battery.
• The earbuds charge using the charging terminals in the watch. Attaching and detaching the earbuds from the watch cover frequently may cause slight scratches to appear on the earbuds and compartments. This is normal and does not affect the performance of the earbuds.
Line up the charger with the charging area on the back of the device, then connect the cable to a power supply and wait for the battery level to appear on the screen.
Make sure that the device and its accessories stay clean and dry.
- Prevent water from entering the device during washing.
- The earbud compartments are not waterproof. If the earbud compartments do get wet, dry them off immediately with some fabric or paper.
- Do not use the device in wet places, for example in the shower or while swimming or diving.
View the online help in the Huawei Health app for more information about connection and functions, as well as usage tips.
Copyright © Huawei Device Co., Ltd. 2023. All rights reserved.
THIS DOCUMENT IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSE ONLY, AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ANY KIND OF WARRANTIES.
Trademarks and Permissions
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Huawei Technologies Co.,
Ltd. is under licence. Huawei Device Co., Ltd. is an affiliate of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Other trademarks, product, service and company names mentioned may be the property of their respective owners.
Blasting Caps and Areas
Turn off your mobile phone or wireless device when in a blasting area or in areas posted turn off “two-way radios” or “electronic devices” to avoid interfering with blasting operations.
Petrol stations and explosive atmospheres
In locations with potentially explosive atmospheres, obey all posted signs to turn off wireless devices such as your phone or other radio equipment. Areas with potentially explosive atmospheres include fuelling areas, below decks on boats, fuel or chemical transfer or storage facilities, areas where the air contains chemicals or particles, such as grain, dust, or metal powders.
Operation and safety
- Using an unapproved or incompatible power adapter, charger or battery may cause fire, explosion or other hazards.
- To prevent possible hearing damage, do not listen at high volume levels for long periods.
- Ideal temperatures: 0°C to 35°C for operating, -20°C to +35°C for storage.
- Keep the device and the battery away from excessive heat and direct sunlight. Do not place them on or in heating devices, such as microwave ovens, stoves, or radiators. Do not disassemble, modify, throw, or squeeze it. Do not insert foreign objects into it, submerge it in liquids, or expose it to external force or pressure, as this may cause it to leak, overheat, catch fire, or even explode.
- The device has a built-in, non-removable battery, do not attempt to remove the battery, otherwise the device may be damaged.
- When charging the device, make sure the power adapter is plugged into a socket near the devices and is easily accessible.
- Please consult your doctor and the device manufacturer to determine if operation of your device may interfere with the operation of your medical device.
- This product is not designed to be a medical device, and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All data and measurements should be used for personal reference only.
- If you experience skin discomfort when wearing the device, take it off and consult a doctor.
- Avoid placing metal objects on the surface of the wireless charging cradle, as they could cause the equipment to heat up and malfunction. Only use the wireless charging cradle in environments with an ambient temperature ranging from 0°C to 35°C.
- If the ambient temperature is too high, the wireless charger may stop working. If this occurs, you are advised to stop wireless charging.
- To keep the wireless charger in good condition, avoid using it inside a vehicle.
- Adult supervision is advised if children are to use or come into contact with this product.
- Switch off your wireless device when requested to do so in hospitals, clinics or health care facilities. These requests are designed to prevent possible interference with sensitive medical equipment.
- Some wireless devices may affect the performance of hearing aids or pacemakers. Consult your service provider for more information.
- Pacemaker manufacturers recommend that a minimum distance of 15 cm be maintained between a device and a pacemaker to prevent potential interference with the pacemaker.
- If using a pacemaker, hold the device on the side opposite the pacemaker and do not carry the device in your front pocket.
- Observe local laws and regulations while using the device. To reduce the risk of accidents, do not use your wireless device while driving.
- To prevent damage to your device’s parts or internal circuits, do not use it in dusty, smoky, damp or dirty environments or near magnetic fields.
- Do not use, store or transport the device where flammables or explosives are stored (in a gas station, oil depot, or chemical plant, for example). Using your device in these environments increases the risk of explosion or fire.
- Dispose of this device, the battery, and accessories according to local regulations. They should not be disposed of in normal household waste. Improper battery use may lead to fire, explosion, or other hazards.
- If the battery leaks, ensure that the electrolyte does not make direct contact with your skin or eyes. If the electrolyte touches your skin or splashes into your eyes, immediately flush with clean water and consult a doctor.
- When charging the device, make sure the power adapter is plugged into a socket near the devices and is easily accessible. Unplug the charger from the electric socket and from the device when the device is not used for a long time.
- Wireless devices may interfere with the airplane’s flight system. Do not use your device where wireless devices are not allowed according to the airplane company’s regulations.
- Switch off your wireless device whenever you are instructed to do so by airport or airline staff. Consult the airline staff about the use of wireless devices on board the aircraft, if your device offers a ‘flight mode’ this must be enabled prior to boarding an aircraft.
- Protect the wearable and its accessories from strong impact, strong vibration, scratches, and sharp objects, these may damage the device.
- Loosen the strap for a little bit during the day to let your skin breathe. If wearing it starts to feel uncomfortable, take off your wearable and let your wrist have a rest. If it still feels uncomfortable, stop wearing it and seek medical advice as soon as possible. You can also purchase straps made from other materials and with different designs from the official Huawei website.
- Ensure that the power adapter meets the requirements of IEC/EN 62368-1 and has been tested and approved according to national or local standards.
- To ensure your earbuds work correctly and are comfortable, please keep earbud mesh, tips, and compartments clean.
- Battery life may vary depending on factors like device settings, where the device is used and stored, and enabled features of the earbuds.
- Using the earbuds at a high volume may damage your hearing. To prevent possible hearing damage, lower the volume to a safe and comfortable level.
- Earbuds are small. Forcefully squeezing or hitting them may damage your ears, so please be careful when sleeping and participating in intense physical activities.
- If you experience any skin irritation while wearing the earbuds, remove them and clean them well before wearing them again. If cleaning does not solve the irritation, stop wearing the earbuds until you see a medical professional.
- Enabling noise cancelling may affect your awareness of surrounding sounds and alarms. Ensure that you are in a safe environment when using this function.
- Warning! Not suitable for children under 3 years. Contains small parts. Swallowing small parts may present a choking hazard. Seek immediate medical attention if small parts are swallowed.
- Keep small cells and batteries which are considered swallowable out of the reach of children.
- Swallowing may lead to burns, perforation of soft tissue, and death. Severe burns can occur within 2 hours of ingestion.
- In case of ingestion of a cell or battery, seek medical assistance promptly.
Disposal and recycling information
The crossed-out wheeled-bin symbol on your product, battery, literature or packaging reminds you that all electronic products and batteries must be taken to separate waste collection points at the end of their working lives; they must not be disposed of in the normal waste stream with household garbage. It is the responsibility of the user to dispose of the equipment using a designated collection point or service for separate recycling of waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) and batteries according to local laws. Proper collection and recycling of your equipment helps ensure electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) waste is recycled in a manner that conserves valuable materials and protects human health and the environment, improper handling, accidental breakage, damage, and/or improper recycling at the end of its life may be harmful for health and environment. For more information about where and how to drop off your EEE waste, please contact your local authorities, retailer or household waste disposal service or visit the website https://consumer.huawei.com/en/.
Reduction of hazardous substances
This device and its electrical accessories comply with local applicable rules on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment, such as EU REACH regulation, RoHS and Batteries (where included) directive. For declarations of conformity about REACH and RoHS, please visit the website https://consumer.huawei.com/certification
UK regulatory conformance
Hereby, Huawei Device Co., Ltd. declares that this device SGA-B19/T0009 is in compliance with the relevant statutory instruments in the UK. The full text of the declaration of conformity is available at the following internet address: https://consumer.huawei.com/certification.
EU regulatory conformance
As recommended by international guidelines, the device is designed not to exceed the limits established by the European Commission for exposure to radio waves
For the countries that adopt the SAR limit of 2.0 W/kg over 10 grams of tissue. The device complies with RF specifications when the device is worn on the wrist and at a distance of 1.0 cm from your face. Highest reported SAR value:
When charging the device, ensure it is 20 cm away from your body
Hereby, Huawei Device Co., Ltd. declares that this device SGA-B19/T0009 is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 2014/53/EU.
The most recent and valid version of the DoC (Declaration of Conformity) can be viewed at https://consumer.huawei.com/certification.
This device may be operated in all member states of the EU.
Observe national and local regulations where the device is used.
This device may be restricted for use, depending on the local network.
Frequency bands and power
(a) Frequency bands in which the radio equipment operates: Some bands may not be available in all countries or all areas. Please contact the local network provider for more details.
(b) Maximum radio-frequency power transmitted in the frequency bands in which the radio equipment operates: The maximum power for all bands is less than the highest limit value specified in the related Harmonised Standard.
The frequency bands and transmitting power (radiated and/or conducted) nominal limits applicable to this radio equipment are as follows:
SGA-B19: Bluetooth 2.4GHz: 15 dBm, NFC 13.56MHz: 42 dBμA/m at 10m, Watch Wireless Charger:110-119KHz: 42dBμA/m at 10m, 119-135KHz: 66
descending 10 dB/dec above 119KHz at 10m, 135-140KHz: 42dBμA/m at 10m, 140-148KHz: 37.7dBμA/m at 10m. T0009: Bluetooth 2.4GHz: 10dBm.
Accessories and Software Information
It is recommended that the following accessories should be used:
SGA-B19: The product software version is 18.104.22.168.
T0009: The product software version is 22.214.171.124.
Software updates will be released by the manufacturer to fix bugs or enhance functions after the product has been released. All software versions released by the manufacturer have been verified and are still compliant with the related rules.
All RF parameters (for example, frequency range and output power) are not accessible to the user, and cannot be changed by the user.
For the most recent information about accessories and software, please see the DoC (Declaration of Conformity) at
https://consumer.huawei.com/certification. Please visit https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/hotline for recently updated hotline and email address in your country or region. Please go to Settings > About > Regulatory information on the device to view the E-label screen.
Restrictions in Norway
Use of this radio equipment is not allowed in the geographical area within a radius of 20 km from the center of Ny-Ålesund, Svalbard.