HUAWEI HONOR Nova 5T Smartphone User Guide
Know Your Device
Before using the device, familiarize yourself with its basic operations.
- To power on your device, press and hold the power button until the screen turns on.
- To power off your device, press and hold the power button, and then touch .
- To restart your device, press and hold the power button, and then touch .
- Press and hold the power button for 10 or more seconds to forcibly restart your device.
- Please keep the NFC area close to other devices or objects while using the NFC function.
- Check out the pre-installed Tips app and master all the great features on your device.
- Volume button
- Power button / Fingerprint sensor
- Type-C port / Headset jack
- Card slot
- Volume button
- Power button / Fingerprint sensor
- Type-C port / Headset jack
- Card slot
- Do not insert or remove the SIM card when your device is powered on.
- Ensure that the card is correctly aligned and that the card tray is level when you insert it into your device.
- Be careful not to scratch your device or hurt yourself when using the eject pin.
- Store the eject pin out of the reach of children to prevent accidental swallowing or injury.
- Do not use cut or modified SIM cards with your device as these may not be recognized and could damage the card tray (slot).
- If your SIM card does not match your device, please contact your carrier.
Follow the instructions in the following figures to set up your device. Please use the eject pin included.
Dual SIM Card Management
Your device supports dual card dual standby. Under Settings > Wireless & networks > Dual SIM settings, select the default mobile data card and calling card as needed.
- If both of your SIM cards support 4G services, when one of them is active on a 4G voice call, you will be prompted to handle any new call to the other SIM card. Answering the new call will automatically end the active call.
- The default mobile data SIM card can still be used for Internet surfing on a 4G network when the other card is on a 4G voice call.
- Some of the aforementioned features may be unavailable in certain areas due to network interference.
- 4G voice services require the support of your carrier’s network and the deployment of relevant services. Contact your carrier to activate 4G services.
- If this guide is inconsistent with the description on the official website, the latter prevails.
For More Information
If you encounter any problems while using your device, you can obtain help from the following resources:
- Visit http://www.hihonor.com to view device information and other information.
- Visit http://consumer.huawei.com/en/support for the most up-to-date contact information for your country or region.
Go to Settings and touch System > About phone > Legal to view legal information for your product.
Go to Settings and touch System > About phone > Legal > Safety information to view safety information for your product.
Go to Settings and touch System > About phone > Authentication info to view regulatory information for your product.
Go to Settings and touch System > Certification logos to view more information on certification logos for your product.
All pictures and illustrations in this guide, including but not limited to the device color, size, and display content, are for your reference only. The actual device may vary. Nothing in this guide constitutes a warranty of any kind, express or implied.
Please read all of the safety information carefully before using your device to ensure its safe and proper operation and to learn how to dispose of your device properly.
Operation and safety
- To prevent possible hearing damage, do not listen at high volume levels for long periods.
- Using an unapproved or incompatible power adapter, charger, or battery may damage your device, shorten its lifespan, or cause a fire, explosion, or other hazards.
- Ideal operating temperatures are 0 °C to 35 °C. Ideal storage temperatures are -20 °C to +45 °C.
- Pacemaker manufacturers recommend that a minimum distance of 15 cm be maintained between a device and a pacemaker to prevent potential interference with the pacemaker. If using a pacemaker, hold the device on the side opposite the pacemaker and do not carry the device in your front pocket.
- Keep the device and the battery away from excessive heat and direct sunlight. Do not place them on or in heating devices, such as microwave ovens, stoves, or radiators.
- Observe local laws and regulations while using the device. To reduce the risk of accidents, do not use your wireless device while driving.
- While flying in an aircraft or immediately before boarding, only use your device according to instructions provided. Use of a wireless device in an aircraft may disrupt wireless networks, present a hazard to aircraft operation, or be illegal.
- To prevent damage to your device’s parts or internal circuits, do not use it in dusty, smoky, damp, or dirty environments or near magnetic fields.
- When charging the device, make sure the power adapter is plugged into a socket near the devices and is easily accessible.
- Unplug the charger from electrical outlets and the device when not in use.
- Do not use, store or transport the device where flammables or explosives are stored (in a gas station, oil depot, or chemical plant, for example). Using your device in these environments increases the risk of explosion or fire.
- Dispose of this device, the battery, and accessories according to local regulations. They should not be disposed of in normal household waste. Improper battery use may lead to fire, explosion, or other hazards.
- This device contains a built-in battery. Do not attempt to replace the battery by yourself. Otherwise, the device may not run properly or it may damage the battery. For your personal safety and to ensure that your device runs properly, you are strongly advised to contact a Huawei authorized service center for a replacement.
Disposal and recycling information
The crossed-out wheeled-bin symbol on your product, battery, literature or packaging reminds you that all electronic products and batteries must be taken to separate waste collection points at the end of their working lives; they must not be disposed of in the normal waste stream with household garbage. It is the responsibility of the user to dispose of the equipment using a designated collection point or service for separate recycling of waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) and batteries according to local laws.
Proper collection and recycling of your equipment helps ensure electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) waste is recycled in a manner that conserves valuable materials and protects human health and the environment, improper handling, accidental breakage, damage, and/or improper recycling at the end of its life may be harmful for health and environment. For more information about where and how to drop off your EEE waste, please contact your local authorities, retailer or household waste disposal service or visit the website http://consumer.huawei.com/en/.
Reduction of hazardous substances
This device and its electrical accessories are compliant with local applicable rules on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment, such as EU REACH, RoHS and Batteries (where included) regulations. For declarations of conformity about REACH and RoHS, please visit our web site http://consumer.huawei.com/certification.
EU regulatory conformance
Body worn operation
The device complies with RF specifications when used near your ear or at a distance of 0.50 cm from your body. Ensure that the device accessories, such as a device case and device holster, are not composed of metal components. Keep the device away from your body to meet the distance requirement.
The highest SAR value reported for this device type when tested at the ear is
YAL-L21: 0.84 W/kg
YAL-L41: 0.83 W/kg
And when properly worn on the body is
YAL-L21: 1.29 W/kg
YAL-L41: 1.26 W/kg
Hereby, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. declares that this device YAL-L21 / YAL-L41 is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 2014/53/EU.
The most recent and valid version of the DoC (Declaration of Conformity) can be viewed at http://consumer.huawei.com/certification.
This device may be operated in all member states of the EU.
Observe national and local regulations where the device is used.
This device may be restricted for use, depending on the local network.
Restrictions in the 2.4 GHz band:
Norway: This subsection does not apply for the geographical area within a radius of 20 km from the centre of Ny-Ålesund.
Restrictions in the 5 GHz band:
According to Article 10 (10) of Directive 2014/53/EU, the packaging shows that this radio equipment will be subject to some restrictions when placed on the market in Belgium (BE), Bulgaria (BG), the Czech Republic (CZ), Denmark (DK), Germany (DE), Estonia (EE), Ireland (IE), Greece (EL), Spain (ES), France (FR), Croatia (HR), Italy (IT), Cyprus (CY), Latvia (LV), Lithuania (LT), Luxembourg (LU), Hungary (HU), Malta (MT), Netherlands (NL), Austria (AT), Poland (PL), Portugal (PT), Romania (RO), Slovenia (SI), Slovakia (SK), Finland (FI), Sweden (SE), the United Kingdom (UK), Turkey (TR), Norway (NO), Switzerland (CH), Iceland (IS), and Liechtenstein (LI). The WLAN function for this device is restricted to indoor use only when operating in the 5150 to 5350 MHz frequency range.
Frequency Bands and Power
- Frequency bands in which the radio equipment operates: Some bands may not be available in all countries or all areas. Please contact the local carrier for more details.
- Maximum radio-frequency power transmitted in the frequency bands in which the radio equipment operates: The maximum power for all bands is less than the highest limit value specified in the related Harmonized Standard.
The frequency bands and transmitting power (radiated and/or conducted) nominal limits applicable to this radio equipment are as follows:
|YAL-L21||GSM 900:35dBm, GSM 1800:32dBm, WCDMA 900/2100:25.7dBm, LTE Band 1/3/7/8/20/28/38/40:25.7dBm, Wi-Fi 2.4G: 20dBm, Bluetooth:20dBm, Wi-Fi 5G: 5150-5250MHz:23dBm, 5250-5350MHz: 20dBm, 5470-5725MHz:20dBm, 5725-5850MHz:14dBm, NFC: 42 dBuA/m at 10 m|
|YAL-L41||GSM 900:35dBm, GSM 1800:32dBm, WCDMA 900/2100:25.7dBm, LTE Band 1/3/7/8/20/28/38/40:25.7dBm, Wi-Fi 2.4G: 20dBm, Bluetooth:20dBm, Wi-Fi 5G: 5150-5250MHz:23dBm, 5250-5350MHz: 20dBm, 5470-5725MHz:20dBm, 5725-5850MHz:14dBm, NFC: 42 dBuA/m at 10 m|
Accessories and Software Information
Some accessories are optional in certain countries or regions.
Optional accessories can be purchased from a licensed vendor as required. The following accessories are recommended:
Adapters: HW-050450X01, HW-050450X00 (X represents the different plug types used, which can be either C, U, J, E, B, A, I, R, Z or K, depending on your region)
Batteries: YAL-L21: HB386589ECW / YAL-L41: HB436486ECW
Earphones: 618017, MEND1632B729000, 1331-3301-6001- TC-296, Windy-C
The product software version is YAL-L21:
184.108.40.206(SP1C900E101R1P2) / YAL-L41:
220.127.116.11(C900E119R1P2). Software updates will be released by the manufacturer to fix bugs or enhance functions after the product has been released. All software versions released by the manufacturer have been verified and are still compliant with the related rules.
All RF parameters (for example, frequency range and output power) are not accessible to the user, and cannot be changed by the user.
For the most recent information about accessories and software, please see the DoC (Declaration of Conformity) at http://consumer.huawei.com/certification.
FCC Regulatory Compliance
Body worn operation
The device complies with RF specifications when used near your ear or at a distance of 1.50 cm from your body. Ensure that the device accessories, such as a device case and device holster, are not composed of metal components. Keep the device away from your body to meet the distance requirement.
Certification information (SAR)
This device is also designed to meet the requirements for exposure to radio waves established by the Federal Communications Commission (USA).
The SAR limit adopted by the USA is 1.6 W/kg averaged over one gram of tissue. The highest SAR value reported to the FCC for this device type complies with this limit.
The highest SAR value reported to the FCC for this device type when using it at the ear is
YAL-L21: 0.92 W/kg
YAL-L41: 1.06 W/kg
And when properly worn on the body is
YAL-L21: 0.36 W/kg
YAL-L41: 0.37 W/kg
And when using the Wi-Fi hotspot function is
YAL-L21: 0.96 W/kg
YAL-L41: 1.05 W/kg
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- this device may not cause harmful interference, and
- this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Caution: Any changes or modifications to this device not expressly approved by Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Trademarks and Permissions
HONOR, ,HUAWEI and are trademarks or registered trademarks of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Android™ is a trademark of Google Inc.
LTE is a trademark of ETSI.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. is under license.
Wi-Fi®, the Wi-Fi CERTIFIED logo, and the Wi-Fi logo are trademarks of Wi-Fi Alliance.
Copyright © Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. 2019. All rights reserved.
THIS DOCUMENT IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSE ONLY, AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ANY KIND OF WARRANTIES.