IKA WERKE Digital Hotplate Stirrers
B. LED heating
D. Rotary knob motor
E. Rotary knob heater
F. Threaded support bore
G. Mains socket
H. Contact-thermometer jack
To your protection
Read the operating instructions in full before starting up and follow the safety instructions.
- Keep the operating instructions in a place where they can be accessed by everyone.
- Ensure that only trained staff work with the appliance.
- Follow the safety instructions, guidelines, occupational health and safety and accident prevention regulations.
- Socket must be earthed (protective ground contact).
- Attention – Magnetism! Effects of the magnetic field have to be taken into account (e.g. data cardiatic, carriers pacemakers…).
- Risk of burns! The heating plate can reach temperatures in excess of 500 °C. Pay attention the residual heat after switching off..
Please make sure that the mains cable does not contact the heating plate
- Wear your personal protective equipment in accordance with the hazard category of the medium to be processed. Otherwise there is a risk of:
- splashing liquids
- projectile parts
- release any toxic or combustable gases.
- Set up the appliance in a spacious area on an even, stable, clean, non-slip, dry and fireproof surface.
- The feet of the appliance must be clean and undamaged.
- Position the knob at the left stop before starting up. Gradually increase the speed.
- Reduce the speed if
- the medium splashes out of the vessel because the speed is too high
- the appliance is not running smoothly
- the container moves on the set-up surface.
Only process and heat up any media that has a flash point higher than the adjusted target temperature (0 to 550 °C) that has been set.
The target temperature must always be set to at least 25 °C lower than the fire point of the media used.
- When using PTFE-coated magnetic bars, the following hase to be noted: Chemical reactions of PTFE occur in contact with molten or dissolved alkaline and alkaline – earth metals, as well as with fine-particled powders of metals of the 2. and 3. group of the periodical system at temperatures above 300-400°C.
- Only elementary fluorine, chlorine trifluoride und alkaline metals do attack PTFE, halogen hydrocarbons have a reversibly swelling effect.
- Check the appliance and accessories beforehand for damage each time you use them. Do not use damaged components.
- Only replace damaged parts with spare parts identical to the original in function and quality.
- Do not use the device if the ceramic set-up surface is damaged e.g. scratches, splinters or corrosion. A damaged set-up surface could break if used.
- Beware of the risk of
- flammable materials
- glass breakage as a result of mechanical shaking power
- incorrect container size
- too much medium
- unsafe condition of container
- Only process media that will not react dangerously to the extra energy produced through processing. This also applies to any extra energy produced in other ways, e.g. through light irradiation.
- Do not operate the appliance in explosive atmospheres, with hazardous substances or under water.
- A seperation from the line is made with the equipment only by pulling net and/or device plug.
- Safe operation is only guaranteed with the accessories described in the ”Accessories” chapter.
- Always disconnect the plug before fitting accessories.
- Accessories must be securely attached to the device and cannot come off by themselves. The centre of gravity of the assembly must lie within the the set-up surface.
- The appliance starts up again automatically following a cut in the power supply.
- The appliance may heat up when in use.
- Abrasion of the dispersion equipment or the rotating accessories can get into the medium you are working on.
To the protection of the equipment
- The voltage stated on the nameplate must correspond to the mains voltage.
- Do not cover the device, even partially e.g. with metallic plates or film. This results in overheating.
- Protect the appliance and accessories from bumps and impacts.
- Observe the minimum distances between devices, between the device and the wall as given in the Fig. 2 and above the assembly (min. 800mm)
- Please unpack the device carefully
- In the case of any damage a fact report must be sent immediately (post, rail or forwarder)
- Heating magnetic stirrer or Magnetic stirrer or Heating device
- Mains cable
- Operating instructions
- For mixing and/or heating liquids
- Range of use
- Laboratories – Schools
- Chemical industry – Pharmacies
Footstep during the enterprise a disturbance up, is indicated these with the devices to HS and HP by an error message in the display (C).
Whenever an error message appears switch the device off to cool down.
|E1||Inner temperature too high||• switch off the unit and allow it cool down|
|E6||Motor seized||• Stirring bars inappropriate
• Reduce the viscosity
• Foreign bodies in the equipment remove
|E9||Safety circuit ETC||• Plug the contact plug (G)
• Plug the contact thermometer
• Connecting cable, plug or contact tthermometer defect, exchange
Have the device repaired if the error is not corrected using the measures described or if another error code is displayed.
stirring bars: Ø 6 mm, lengts to 15mm
Ø 8 mm, lengts to 50mm
Ø10mm, lengts to 80mm
Any other accessories
RSE stirring bar remover
H36 holding rod
H16V support rod
H44 cross sleeve
ETS-D5 electrical contact thermometer
Installing the support rod
The support rod is attached using the thraeded support bore (F).
- Screw nut M10 on to the support rod as far as the stop
- Screw on the support rod as far as the stop by hand
- Tighten the support rod and nut M10 using a flat wrench (SW17).
- Use bossheads to assemble accessory parts or accessory devices.
Only use cleansing agents which have been recommended by IKA®. Use to remove:
Dyes isopropyl alcohol
Construction materials water containing tenside/isopropyl alcohol Cosmetics
water containing tenside/ isopropyl alcohol
Foodstuffs water containing tenside
Fuels water containing tenside
- Do not allow moisture to get into the appliance when cleaning
- Wear protective gloves during cleaning the device
- Before using another than the recommended method for cleaning or decontamination, the user must ascertain with IKA® that this method does not destroy the instrument.
Spare parts order
When ordering spare parts, please give:
- Machine type
- Manufacturing number, see type plate
- Item and designation of the spare part, see spare parts list and diagram
Please only send devices in for repair that have been cleaned and are free of materials which might present health hazards.
For this, use the “certificate of compliance” form which you can obtain from IKA® or can download a version for printing from the IKA® website at www.ika.com.
If your appliance requires repair, return it in its original packaging.
Storage packaging is not sufficient when sending the device – also use appropriate transport packaging.
In accordance with IKA® warranty conditions, the warranty period is 24 months. For claims under the warranty please contact your local dealer. You may also send the machine direct to our works, enclosing the delivery invoice and giving reasons for the claim. You will be liable for freight costs.
The warranty does not cover wearing parts, nor does it apply to faults resulting from improper use or insufficient care and maintenance contrary to the instructions in this operating manual.
|Operating voltage||VAC||230 ±10%|
|Nominal voltage||VAC||230 / 50Hz|
|VAC||120/ 60 Hz|
|VAC||100/ 60 Hz|
|Input power max. at 230 and 120 VAC||W||30||270||255||30||1020||1005||30||1520||1505|
|Power consumption in stand-by mode||W||2,5|
|Perm. duration of operation||%||100|
|Perm. ambient temperature||°C||+5 to +40|
|Perm. relative humidity||%||80|
|Protection type acc. to DIN EN 60529||IP 21|
|Operation at a terrestrial altitude||m||max. 2000|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||mm||150 x 260 x 105||220 x 335 x 105||300 x 415 x 105|
|Speed range (infinitely)||rpm||100-1500||100-1500||–||100-1500||100-1500||–||100-1500||100-1500||–|
|Max. stirring quantity (water)||ltr||5||5||–||10||10||–||15||15||–|
|Heating plate dimension||mm||100×100||100×100||100×100||180×180||180×180||180×180||260×260||260×260||260×260|
|Heating power at 230 and 120 VAC||W||–||250||250||–||1000||1000||–||1500||1500|
|at 100 VAC||–||250||250||–||1000||1000||–||1050||1050|
|Surface temperature min.||C°||–||50||50||–||50||50||–||50||50|
|Surface temperature max.||C°||–||500||500||–||500||500||–||500||500|
|Limit of safety temperaure||C°||–||550||550||–||550||550||–||550||550|