INSIGNIA NS-MWF-1 Refrigerator Filter
GENERAL INSTALLATION GUIDELINES
- It is normal for black carbon fines (particles) to appear on the outside of your filter. This happens when the filter is jarred in shipping. It is safe, simply wipe it off.
- The filter connectors are larger to prevent leaks. You might have to twist the filter hard to make sure the connection is secure.
INSTALLING THE WATER FILTER
- YOU MUST SOAK your new filter in water for 15 minutes prior to installing it in your refrigerator to remove air from the carbon block.
- Twist the old filter a quarter-turn counter-clockwise.
- Pull the filter straight down and discard.
- Push the new filter up into the refrigerator until it stops.
- Twist the filter a quarter-turn clockwise.
- Run about two to three gallons of water through your refrigerator’s water dispenser to remove air and loose carbon pieces. The water may be cloudy and sputter until the air is removed.
- Reset your “change filter” indicator (if your refrigerator has one). See below.
RESETTING YOUR CHANGE FILTER INDICATOR
Note: These are the most common filter reset instructions. If the instructions don’t work for your refrigerator brand, see the documentation that came with your refrigerator
|GE or Hotpoint||Press and hold the reset water filter button on the dispenser for three seconds.|
|Kenmore||The water filter reset for Kenmore refrigerators varies by model. See the documentation that came with your refrigerator|
|My refrigerator is not dispensing water||• Make sure that you soaked your filter in water for 15 minutes before installing.
• Make sure that the filter is securely connected to the receiver. Do not use tools to tighten the filter in place.
• Make sure that the water line to the refrigerator is turned on. The valve must be completely open for the refrigerator to receive water.• Make sure that the refrigerator door is closed or the dispenser will not work.
|My water dispenser is dripping||• A few drops are normal. If the water is dripping constantly, have a service technician check your refrigerator’s water valve.|
|My water is cloudy or contains black carbon pieces||• Cloudy water is caused by microscopic air bubbles. Run two to three gallons of water from your dispenser to clear the air bubbles out.
• Black carbon pieces in the water are normal and appear with all carbon filters. Run two to three gallons of water through your dispenser to remove loose carbon pieces
|My new filter is making noises or sputtering||• Make sure that you soaked your filter in water for 15 minutes before installing.
• Noises and sputtering are caused by trapped air pockets. Run two to three gallons of water from your dispenser to push the air out
|My water tastes bad||• If you do not use your water dispenser for more than four days, run two gallons of water through the dispenser before using it.
• Make sure that you replace your filter every three to six months to prevent bacteria growth.
STORAGE AND MAINTENANCE
- Replace your filter every three to six months to prevent bacteria and
fungus growth in your filter, supply lines, and storage tank.
- Stored filters do not expire. Keep your unused filters in a cool, dark, and dry place until you need them.
- If you do not use your water dispenser for more than four days, run two gallons of water before using it to prevent bad tasting water.
ONE-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Visit www.insigniaproducts.com for details.
1-877-467-4289 (U.S. and Canada) or 01-800-926-3000 (Mexico)
Tested and Certified by NSF International in Model EFF-6013S against NSF/ANSI Standard 42 for the reduction of chlorine, taste and odor.
INSIGNIA is a trademark of Best Buy and its affiliated companies.
Distributed by Best Buy Purchasing, LLC 7601 Penn Ave South, Richfield, MN 55423 U.S.A.
©2018 Best Buy. All rights reserved.
Made in China