IQOS Iluma Prime Smoke-Free Device
IQOS ILUMA ONE™
Charging Cable & Power Adaptor
IQOS ILUMA™ is compatible only with SMARTCORE STICKS™ For the full user guide, Customer Care and Extended support services for IQOS users, visit
FEATURES AND SETTINGS
Can be turned on or off with the IQOS app*. Please register by scanning a QR code or log in on www.iqos.com/iluma and follow the instructions. IQOS app may not be available in your country.
- TURN ON
Press and hold button for 4 seconds, then release; Status Lights will turn on slowly.
Before first use, fully charge your IQOS ILUMA ONE™ with Power Adaptor and Charging Cable. (approx. 90 min)
How to use your IQOS ILUMA ONE™
- Slide to open.
- INSERT SMARTCORE STICK™
- Insert the SMARTCORE STICK™ to the line on the filter with the filter facing outside.
- START HEATING
- Press Button for at least 1 second until IQOS ILUMA ONE™ vibrates and Status Light(s) pulse(s). Keep SMARTCORE STICK™ in position during the preheating.
- BEGIN USE
- Start using once IQOS ILUMA ONE™ vibrates and Status Light(s) stay fixed.
How to use your IQOS ILUMA ONE™
- EXPERIENCE COUNTDOWN During use Status Light(s) indicates the remaining time.
- NEARLY COMPLETE To signal the last 30 seconds or last 2 puffs, IQOS ILUMA ONE™ will vibrate with one Light pulsing white.
- REMOVE SMARTCORE STICK™ Remove used SMARTCORE STICK™ and dispose of as per Safety Warnings and Instructions.
- CLOSE Slide to close.
- BATTERY STATUS
- Short press the Button, and Status Lights will turn on to indicate battery level.
- LIGHT BLINKS YELLOW
- Battery depleted, need to charge.
- AUTOSTOPDuring use, the experience will stop if the SMARTCORE STICK™ is moved, or removed from the device.
- LIGHTS BLINK WHITE TWICE
- IQOS ILUMA ONE™ is outside the operating temperature range (0°C~40°C).
- LIGHT BLINKS RED
- Reset IQOS ILUMA ONE™. If the red light blinking persists, contact Customer Care.
- TO RESETPress the button for 10 seconds then release. All Status Lights will turn OFF, and turn ON, to confirm a RESET.
SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS
PLEASE READ ALL SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE TO AVOID INJURY.
These safety warnings and instructions cannot cover all possible conditions that could occur and users should exercise care and caution.
KEEP THESE SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE AS THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION.
- IQOS ILUMA ONE™ and SMARTCORE STICKS™ are for adult use only.
- IQOS ILUMA ONE™ and SMARTCORE STICKS™ are for adults who would otherwise continue to use tobacco or nicotine-containing products.
- Children and adolescents should never use IQOS ILUMA ONE™ or SMARTCORE STICKS™ under any circumstances.
- This product should not be used by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction to use the product in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
Tobacco and Nicotine
- smartcore STICKS™ contains nicotine, which is addictive.
- IQOS ILUMA ONE™ and SMARTCORE STICKS™ are not risk-free. The best way to reduce tobacco-related health risks is to quit tobacco and nicotine use altogether.
- Some users may experience abdominal pain, chest pain, choking sensation, cough, difficulty breathing, dizziness, dry mouth, dry throat, gingivitis, headache, malaise, nasal stuffiness, nausea, mouth irritation, palpitations, throat irritation, and vomiting.
- Nicotine-containing products should not be used by people who have or are at risk of heart diseases, are diabetic, or are epileptic or are experiencing seizures.
- Nicotine-containing products should not be used during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or think you may be pregnant, you should quit tobacco and nicotine use altogether.
- Stopping smoking or switching to IQOS ILUMA ONE™ and SMARTCORE STICKS™ or other nicotine-containing products may require the adjustment of the dosing of certain medicines (e.g. theophylline, clozapine, ropinirole).
- If you have questions about whether you should use IQOS ILUMA ONE™ or SMARTCORE STICKS™ given an existing health condition, you should consult a health care professional.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
WARNING Choking, Ingestion, and Handling
Hazard Keep IQOS ILUMA ONE™ and SMARTCORE STICKS™ out of reach of children and pets at all times.
- CHOKING HAZARD — SMARTCORE STICKS™ contains small metal parts with sharp edges.
- INGESTION HAZARD
- Swallowed SMARTCORE STICKS™ can cause serious injury to internal organs due to small metal parts with sharp edges.
- Swallowed SMARTCORE STICKS™ can pose a risk of nicotine intoxication.
- If SMARTCORE STICKS™ is swallowed, seek medical attention immediately.
- HANDLING HAZARD – Do not take apart SMARTCORE STICKS™ as they contain small metal parts with sharp edges. Always dispose of SMARTCORE STICKS™ immediately after use according to local waste disposal regulations.
WARNING Electronic and Battery Hazards
Failure to follow these Safety Warnings and Instructions could result in fire, explosion, electric shock, injury, or damage to the product or other property:
- Only Intended Users should use IQOS ILUMA ONE™.
- Do not use IQOS ILUMA ONE™ where the use of electronic devices is prohibited.
- Do not charge or use IQOS ILUMA ONE™ or accessories if damaged, tampered with or broken.
- Do not use IQOS ILUMA ONE™ if the battery appears to be leaking.
- Only charge IQOS ILUMA ONE™ indoors, as indicated by symbol , using a manufacturer-approved Charging Cable (supplied in the box) and Power Adaptor (supplied in the box), for charging purposes. Do not use accessories not approved by the manufacturer.
- Refer to the ‘Technical Data’ section and www.iqos.com for details
- This product must only be charged using Safety Extra Low Voltage. Refer to the Technical Data section of this User Guide for details.
- Do not use, charge, or store IQOS ILUMA ONE™ in places with high temperatures (such as inside a car in summer, or near heat sources such as radiators or fires).
- Do not use IQOS ILUMA ONE™ where flammable materials, liquids and gases are present.
- IQOS ILUMA ONE™, Power Adaptor and Charging Cable should not be exposed to any liquid. Do not touch them if they become wet or have been immersed in any liquid.
- Do not clean the device with any cleaning agent.
- Clean the USB charging port of the IQOS ILUMA ONE™ periodically to avoid the accumulation of foreign materials (such as dust particles), and inspect USB port for foreign materials before using USB connector.
- Close cap of the device after use to avoid the accumulation of foreign materials (such as dust particles) in the heating chamber, and inspect the heating chamber for foreign materials before using SMARTCORE STICKS™.
- Handle with care. Do not drop IQOS ILUMA ONE™ or subject it to strong shock.
- This product contains no user-serviceable parts. Do not attempt to open, modify, service, disassemble or repair any component of IQOS ILUMA ONE™ or to replace any of the components or batteries.
- Do not use this product if it has been exposed to excessive cold, heat or moisture.
- Do not touch IQOS ILUMA ONE™ and/or its accessories if they overheat, spark, fume, ignite, or burn. If applicable and possible, use caution to shut off or disconnect power supply.
- Do not attempt to insert any object in the heating chamber other than SMARTCORE STICKS™.
- Device can only be operated at temperatures >0°C/<40°C.
- SMARTCORE STICKS™ are single use only and should never be re-used, lit with a match, lighter or any other flame source.
IQOS ILUMA ONE™ is powered with sealed Lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries. Under normal conditions of use, the battery is sealed. If you notice that battery fluid leaks, follow these
- If fluid from leaked battery is swallowed, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting or ingest food or drink.
- If vapor from leaked battery is inhaled, get fresh air and seek medical attention.
- If fluid from battery is in contact with skin, wash the affected area, including hands and do not touch the eyes.
- If fluid from leaked battery is in contact with eyes, immediately flush with clean running water for at least 15 minutes and seek medical attention.
CAUTION Thermal Burn Risk Failure to follow these Safety Warnings and Instructions could result in thermal burns:
- Store IQOS ILUMA ONE™ and SMARTCORE STICKS™ in a clean, dry, and cool place.
- Do not expose IQOS ILUMA ONE™ and SMARTCORE STICKS™ to high humidity conditions or direct sunlight.
- Do not use SMARTCORE STICKS™ that have been exposed to excessive heat or moisture.
- Do not remove SMARTCORE STICK™ while in use.
CAUTION Allergic Reaction Risk
- Using IQOS ILUMA ONE™ and SMARTCORE STICKS™ could cause an allergic reaction, such as swelling of the face, lips, tongue, gums, throat, or body, difficulty breathing, or wheezing.
- Stop using IQOS ILUMA ONE™ and SMARTCORE STICKS™ and seek medical attention immediately if you experience any of the symptoms above as they may indicate a serious allergic reaction.
Use of SMARTCORE STICKS™
- Only use IQOS ILUMA ONE™ with SMARTCORE STICKS™ specifically designed for IQOS ILUMA ONE™ devices.
- Never use IQOS ILUMA ONE™ with a cigarette or similar products.
- Do not use SMARTCORE STICKS™ with previous IQOS device generations (IQOS 3 DUO™ or earlier).
- Do not modify SMARTCORE STICKS™ in any way or add any substance to SMARTCORE STICKS™. Doing so may cause injury.
- Device must be stored in a clean, dry, and cool place. Do not store in temperatures above 60⁰C.
- Store in a place inaccessible to children. Reporting of adverse events or incidents
- If you experience any unwanted health effect when using IQOS ILUMA ONE™ and/or SMARTCORE STICKS™, consult a health care professional.
- You can report any adverse event or incident directly by contacting your local Customer Care (details can be found in the Customer Care & Warranty booklet). By reporting side effects, you can help provide more information on the safety of this product.
- For more information please go to www.iqos.com
- Device: IQOS ILUMA ONE™ Model M0004
- Battery type: Li-ion rechargeable battery
- Input: 5 V 2 A
Bluetooth® 5.0The IQOS ILUMA ONE™ is marked with the symbol followed by “SxxAxx,” which indicates the IQOS ILUMA ONE™ can only be charged using one of the approved Power Adaptor models are listed below.
- Model: S52A21, S21A20, S21A22, S21A23, S21A25, S21A27, S82A40, S82A41, S82A42, S82A43, S82A45, S82A46
- Input: 100 V-240 V~50-60 Hz 0.3 A
- Output: 5 V 2 A
- Output power: 10.0 W
- Average active efficiency: 79.0%
- No-load power consumption: <0.09 W Use with Charging Cable
INFORMATION FOR DISPOSING OF IQOS ILUMA ONE™
Valid across the European Union and EEA This symbol on the product or on its packaging indicates that this product and its individual parts (including batteries) must not be disposed of with your other household waste. Instead, it is your responsibility to dispose of your waste equipment by bringing it to a designated collection point for the recycling of waste electrical and electronic equipment. In addition, waste batteries can be returned free of charge at the point of sale. The separate collection and recycling of your waste equipment (including batteries) at the time of disposal will help to conserve natural resources and ensure that it is recycled in a manner that protects human health and the environment. Disposing of waste equipment as unsorted municipal waste (e.g. by waste incineration or land filling) can have negative effects on the environment and human health. For more information about where you can drop off your waste equipment for recycling, please contact your local city office, your local household waste disposal service or the shop where you purchased the product. The local importer of the product will provide for the financing of the treatment and recycling of waste equipment returned through these designated collection points in accordance with local requirements.
BATTERY REMOVAL INSTRUCTIONS
(FOR DISPOSAL AND RECYCLING)
Batteries must not be removed by the consumer. At end of product life, only an authorized recycler may safely remove batteries by following the steps below.
IQOS ILUMA ONE™ Device:
- Step 1: The device should be fully discharged before disassembling it.
- Step 2: Remove the cover and screws at the bottom of the device.
- Step 3: Slide the assembly out from housing.
- Step 4: Remove screws from the USB bracket and lift the FPC.
- Step 5: Disconnect the battery connector and lift it up.
- Step 6: Using a wide flat, non-sharp tool remove battery by pushing from the opening behind the engine frame to disengage the battery from the adhesive.
- Step 7: Dispose of according to local regulations.
Confirmation of Compliance
Hereby, Philip Morris Products S.A. declares that IQOS ILUMA ONE™ is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 2014/53/EU. The official Declaration of Conformity may be found at: www.pmi.com/declarationofconformity IQOS ILUMA ONE™ operates within the 2.402 – 2.480GHz frequency band with a maximum RF output power below 10.0 dBm. This device complies with the RF exposure limits and has been evaluated in compliance with portable exposure conditions according to EN 62311:2008. Designed and manufactured under the authority of Philip Morris Products S.A., Quai Jeanrenaud 3, 2000 Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Philip Morris Products S.A. and its affiliates is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners. Further information regarding the firmware license for IQOS ILUMA ONE™ is available on www.iqos.com
How does the new IQOS Iluma work?
IQOS ILUMA devices use heating technology known as Smartcore Induction System that heats the tobacco from within the new Terea Smartcore Stick.
What is new in IQOS Iluma?
The innovative bladeless SMARTCORE INDUCTION SYSTEM™ heats the tobacco from within the TEREA stick. It unlocks the taste of your chosen tobacco blend, but without any smoke or ash, less smell than cigarettes and no need to clean the device after use.
How many puffs are in IQOS Iluma?
Your experience will last up to 6 minutes or 14 puffs, whichever comes first.
Is IQOS healthier than smoking?
While animal studies, (8,14−19) and human clinical studies (20−23) by PMI researchers claim that IQOS aerosol is significantly less harmful to human health than CC smoke, findings from independent reviews of PMI’s own data shows that IQOS aerosol is as harmful as CC smoke to human health.
Does IQOS Iluma need cleaning?
All 3 devices in the IQOS ILUMA series feature the revolutionary Smartcore Induction System™. These bladeless devices heat from within, to give you an altogether better experience, with no cleaning necessary.
Which countries have IQOS Iluma?
IQOS Iluma Prime from Philip Morris International (PMI) has launched with Dubai Duty-Free. The latest listing follows the initial launch of the heated tobacco product in Japan and Switzerland duty free last year
What is IQOS Iluma prime?
IQOS ILUMA PRIME is our newest and most advanced heating device with two consecutive uses. It uses innovative technology Smartcore Induction System™, that has no blade thus not requiring any cleaning. Ever. This is next level forward.
Can you smoke HEETS with Iluma?
HEETS are not compatible with PMI’s new induction heated tobacco product, IQOS ILUMA, which has its own specially designed tobacco units called TEREA SMARTCORE STICKS™.
What is the difference between IQOS Iluma and Iluma prime?
IQOS ILUMA and IQOS ILUMA PRIME have a Pocket Charger and Holder. IQOS ILUMA ONE is an all-in-one device.
Are HEETS cheaper than cigarettes?
On average, a pack of 20 HEETS will be under half the price of a pack of 20 cigarettes.
Does IQOS have side effects?
Given our current findings and those of previous studies, in a manner very similar to cigarette smoke and eCigs, IQOS has the potential toincrease oxidative stress and inflammation, infections, and airway remodeling and initiate EMT-related changes in the airways of users of these devices.