ISOTRONIC 92120 Wildlife and Raccoon Repeller User Guide
Congratulations for choosing one of our quality products. Please follow these instructions carefully and keep them with you.
The innovative mobile wildlife and raccoon repeller from ISOTRONIC. Battery operated, mobile and highly effective. Now you no longer have to put up with unwanted visits from raccoons and other wildlife such as deer, foxes and wild boars in your vicinity. The mobile ISOTRONIC wildlife and raccoon repeller with blue reflecting LED light keeps animals away from fields, woods, house, garage, barn or garden. Integrated 60-second interval control prevents animals from becoming accustomed to the disruption.
Can be mounted on walls, posts, trees etc. using the supplied cable ties or with screws. Continuous operation, depending on battery, approx. 12 months.
Deterrent effect of blue reflectors: The Landeskompetenzzentrum Forst (State Forestry Competence Centre) has confirmed the effectiveness of the blue reflectors again after the deterrent effect had already been proven in other federal states. This conclusion was reached by the ADAC as well. Accordingly the number of accidents on a forest road with corresponding equipment is reduced by two thirds and in some cases far more. “Blue actually acts like a barrier for wild pigs and other animals,” says Jan Engel of the Landeskompetenzzentrum Forst. “They stop and wait until the vehicle has passed.” This does not work as well with any other colour. Conventional red for example does not trigger any reaction at all in the animals – because many species of mammals other than humans have no receptors for red light. This is related to the structure of their eyes that are specialised for seeing at dawn and dusk. The results of the study come as no surprise for the Brandenburger Landesjagdverband (Brandenburg State Hunting Association). “Our hunters have been installing blue reflectors on trees along roads at their own expense for quite some time in order to prevent collisions between drivers and game,” says managing director Georg Baumann. “This idea helps us more than game fences along roads that block the movement of animals and are unacceptable from a wildlife biology perspective.” While wildlife crossings familiar from motorways would be a solution, building such a crossing every 500 metres in Brandenburg is not feasible.
The device automatically emits a light sequence (3x blue against wildlife) at night and during twilight hours, serving as a natural and permanent barrier. Blue occurs very rarely in nature (flora and fauna), and indicates danger for animals. Most nocturnal animals avoid this region. Due to the additional LED light, the deterrent effect of this device is activated sooner and more permanently compared to conventional reflectors installed along roads. It can effectively prevent wildlife damage to vehicles, in gardens and forests, and to crops. Ideal as a preventive wildlife deterrent. Conventional reflectors are only effective when struck by car headlights, which may be too late if wild animals are already at the edge of the road. Our device serves as a continuous deterrent since it flashes autonomously.
- Battery-operated: 6 x AAA (micro cells, not included)
- Effective range: approx. 30 m
- Output LED light: periodic (3 seconds on and 57 seconds off)
- Fasteners: 4 cable ties
Replacement of the battery
- Remove the housing cover.
- Remove the old battery from its fitting.
- Insert 6 new batteries size micro cell (AAA). When doing so, mind the correct polarity as shown on the bottom inside the battery fitting.
- Reattach the casing cover to the casing body with a audible click into Place and screw it.
- Electric appliances, packaging material etc. should be kept away from children.
- Dispose packaging and worn out material correctly and in an environmentally friendly way.
- Do only pass on the device including the operation manual.
- Subject to change of design and technical data without notice for the sake of constant product improvement.
Important: Damage caused by not adhering to the operating instructions is not covered by guarantee. ISOTRONIC accepts no liability whatsoever for any resulting consequent damages.
- Only operate the device at its intended voltage.
- In case of repairs, only use original spare parts, to avoid serious damage.
- Repairs or other works, e.g. changing a fuse, etc. may only be carried out by an appropriately trained, skilled person.
- It must be noted that operator or connecting errors lie outside the influence of ISOTRONIC and we cannot accept any liability for resulting damages.
- Always check whether the device is suitable for the respective place where you intend using it
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
We grant a two year guarantee for this device. Guarantee includes repair of all defects that were not caused by defective material or fabrication mistakes. Since ISOTRONIC has no influence on correct and appropriate assemblage and operation it is obvious that guarantee applies only on completeness and proper condition. ISOTRONIC takes on neither liability nor guarantee for damages or consequential damages in connection with this product. This applies especially when the device was altered or repaired, when circuits were changed or non-original spare parts were used or when damage was caused by false or negligent operation or abuse.
The normal operating voltage of this device is 9 volts.
Reduced power supply can lead to malfunctioning or to the sounding of a continuous tone/pulse tone. If the high-pitched tone becomes clearly audible or switch to a continuous tone, please check the voltage of the inserted battery/batteries and replace if necessary. Operating time with batteries in good working order is approximately 12 months.
Batteries self-discharge during storage. Consequently, it could be possible that full battery capacity is not available when used the first time, which can lead to reduced operating time.
Environmental protection notice
At the end of its life span this product may not be disposed as normal household waste but must be disposed of at a collecting place for recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. The icon on the product, in the manual, or on the packing points to this fact.The materials are recyclable according to their labelling. Through reusing, material recycling, or other forms of utilisation of old devices you make an important contribution to the protection of the environment. Please ask the local administration for the responsible waste disposal centre.