Jack Lananne’s Power Juicer
READ THESE SAFEGUARDS CAREFULLY
BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT!
When using the Jack Lalanne Power Juicer, basic safety precautions should always be followed including the following:
- NOT FOR USE BY CHILDREN! Keep out of the reach of children to avoid injury.
The Power Juicer is not a toy.
- Consult your physician before giving fresh juice to children, especially infants.
- Be sure to turn to OFF position after each use of your Power Juicer
- Make sure the lid is attached properly and securely locked before operating the Power Juicer.
- Do not unfasten the locking bar during operation.
- To avoid risk of injury keep hands and utensils out of the Power Juicer and away from its sharp blade during operation.
- Use the pusher, not fingers or utensils, to propel the food into the Power Juicer.
- Should food become lodged in the opening use pusher to push it down. If food remains stuck, turn the power off, wait until motor stops, Power Juicer shuts down completely, and is unplugged before disassembling the juicer and removing the blocked food.
- Make sure the motor stops completely and the Power Juicer is unplugged from the electrical outlet before cleaning, putting on or removing parts.
- To protect against risk of electrical shock or injury, never immerse power cord,
plug, or Power Juicer in water, or other liquids.
- If juicer stops due to improper operation or if there is excessive noise, turn power off, wait for blade to stop spinning, unplug from electrical outlet, disassemble and clean
all components then reassemble Power Juicer.
- Do not use Power Juicer outdoors.
- Do not operate the Power Juicer with a damaged cord or plug.
- Do not operate if Power Juicer malfunctions, is dropped or damaged in any manner.
Let a qualified appliance repair person examine and or repair the appliance before using.
- To avoid electric shock or serious injury do not use any attachments that were not recommended or sold by the manufacturer.
- Do not let power cord hang over the edge of table, or counter, or let cord touch hot surfaces such as stoves.
- To reduce the risk of injury, never place blade on base without properly assembling the Power Juicer.
- The Power Juicer has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not modify or force the plug in any way.
- The Power Juicer motor will not run if unit is not properly assembled. The motor has a built-in safety feature that will not let the power turn on unless the locking bar is locked in place.
Obtain the best results from your Jack LaLanne Power Juicer by following these helpful hints.
- Do not put any fruit or vegetables in your machine until power is turned on.
- Allow unit to run for at least 10 seconds before juicing.
- Do not force food into the juicer. Allow food to pass through slowly and steadily using the pusher. You do not need to apply pressure unless the juicer starts to vibrate. Then only a slightly harder push should bring it back to balance.
- Any fruit or vegetable that will fit the chute can be put through whole. The only time it is necessary to cut is when something is too large. Then it should be cut into large enough pieces to fit in the chute. Do not cut pieces too small.
- Remove large pits such as peach, mango, etc. as they will damage the blade and possibly the unit.
- Cleaning can be made easy by placing a plastic bag inside the pulp collector container. When you are done juicing, the bag can be lifted out and disposed of easily leaving the pulp collector easier to clean.
- Let the Power Juicer run for a few minutes before turning off to allow any excess juice to be extracted from the pulp. Once turned off it is quite normal for the juicer to spin for a minute or so due to the very fine precision balancing of this appliance. Wait until Power Juicer it is done spinning before disassembling.
- Do not use bananas or avocados as they do not contain juice and will clog machine. Add them separately in a blender.
- We do not recommend using overripe fruit as it will leave too much pulp in
the filter and clog the Power Juicer.
- Do not pour liquids into the Power Juicer at any time.
Assemble as shown
- STEP 1:
Place base on a dry flat surface with locking bar in down position as shown. In front of the machine (spout side).
- STEP 2:
Place receptacle on the base, with juicer spout facing direction of locking bar. Settle receptacle into alignment.
- STEP 3:
Place filter inside receptacle, matching the opening on its bottom to the screw peg connected to the base.
- STEP 4:
Place blade inside filter, centered over screw peg. Using an orange crescent tool, place its pegs into the holes in the blade
and turn clockwise until tightened. IMPORTANT: Do not over-tighten as the screw peg will break. Remove the crescent tool and set aside. CAUTION: Do not leave tool inside the juicer.
Place lid with built-in pulp guard attached on top of the receptacle, making certain it is snugly aligned with the pulp guard facing in the opposite direction of the juice spout. Lock lid into place by lifting the locking bar up until it clicks into grooves located on both sides of the lid. Make sure the locking bar is in the full upright, locked position.
IMPORTANT: The unit will not start until this bar is properly locked in place
Insert pusher into chute. Always use pusher to feed fruits and vegetables into unit. Push gently, never force. The blade will do the work.
IMPORTANT: Before disassembling the unit make sure you turn the power OFF and unplug the machine from the electrical outlet.
- STEP 1:
Remove pusher from the chute.
- STEP 2:
Lower the locking bar (silver) into position as shown.
- STEP 3:
Remove lid with pulp guard, and pulp collector.
- STEP 4:
Use the crescent tool (orange) to remove the blade. Place the two pegs at either end of the crescent tool into the two holes on the blade, press down and turn counter-clockwise to unlock the blade. Remove blade carefully.
- STEP 5:
- STEP 6:
Remove receptacle from base.
CLEANING YOUR POWER JUICER
- Turn off the power switch and wait until the motor completely stops.
- With dry hands, unplug the power cord from electrical outlet.
- Disassemble the Power Juicer. (See disassembly instructions.)
- Clean all other parts in warm, soapy water. A mild detergent is recommended. Rinse well and dry thoroughly. All components are dishwasher safe
with the exception of the base. Do not use in European Import or a Commercial dishwasher.
- Wipe base with a soft damp cloth or sponge. Do not submerge base in water. Do not spray with water or any other liquid. Base is not dishwasher safe.
- To clean the filter and blade, hold them under warm running water. Use a soft-bristled dishwashing brush gently to completely clean pulp from filter. Rinse the filter from the outside under running water.
- Dry components thoroughly then assemble the machine and turn the power on to spin out any excess water.
- Make sure the Power juicer and parts are completely dry then store in a cool, dry place.
Problem Possible Reasons and Solution
- The motor does not run after being switched on.
- Check to see if unit is plugged in.
- The locking bar is not locked in place properly.
- Check if all parts are assembled properly.
- Check if there is any residue left between blade and receptacle.
- The motor is running with loud noise and shaking.
- Check that all parts are assembled properly and in the correct position.
- Juicing overripe fruit may result in too much pulp and will clog the filter. Turn Power juicer off and clean the filter.
- The motor overheats causing the power to automatically shut off
- The motor needs to warm up for 10 seconds before use.
- The fruits and vegetables may be soft or overripe.
- There may be too much pulp in the filter. Turn the machine off and clean the filter.
- Motor stops running due to the built-in feature, the overheat safety control.
- Juice splashes from the rim of the receptacle.
- This is normal.
Exciting Offers from
We are very proud of the design and quality
of our Power Juicer. This product has been manufactured to the highest standards. Should you have any problem our friendly customer service staff is here to help you if you have a question.
We are available at:
9:00 AM–7:00 PM EST Monday–Friday
9:00 AM–5:00 PM EST Saturday
© 2006 Tristar Products, Inc.
All rights reserved.