KENWAY Submersible LED Trailer Light Kit
When unpacking, make sure that the product is intact and undamaged. If any parts are missing or broken, please call 1-888-866-5797 as soon as possible.
Read this material before using this product. Failure to do so can result in serious injury.
SAVE THIS MANUAL.
|Power Source||12 VDC only (Negative Ground Only)|
|Features||2 Combination Submersible, Stop, Tail, Turn Signals, License Plate Bracket, 4 ft. Trunk Harness and 22 ft. Y-Harness.|
|Light Type||18 LEDs for Right Hand Light (not serviceable)
22 LEDs for Left Hand Light (not serviceable)
: This light does not contain a sealed reflex unit.
MPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
- Install only according to these instructions. Improper installation can create hazards.
- Wear ANSI-approved safety goggles and heavy-duty work gloves during installation.
- Keep installation area clean and well lit.
- Keep bystanders out of the area during installation.
- Do not install when tired or when under the influence of drugs or medication.
- Read all instructions and safety precautions in the vehicle’s manual onto which the Trailer Lights will be installed.
- Install on negative ground 12VDC systems only.
- Do not install this product yourself unless you are technically competent to do so. If necessary, have a qualified technician install the Trailer Lights.
- Use the correct lights and electrical setup for your trailer.
If the vehicle is OVER 80″ wide, install three additional Red Marker Lights* (not included) onto the rear of the unit.
- If the towing vehicle has rear turn signals separated from its stop lights, additional hardware and installation procedures will be needed. Contact a qualified technician for guidance
* Example additional marker light locations:
Mount the three Red Marker Lights to the rear of the vehicle, making sure the Lights are no closer than 6″ and no farther away than 12″ from each other center to center. After mounting, use wire nut connectors (not included) to connect all three leads together. Then connect to the Brown wire in the back of one Tail Light (either side) provided in this Kit.
Read the ENTIRE IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION section at the beginning of this document including all text under subheadings therein before set up or use of this product
Towing Vehicle Installation
Note: Use the BLUE Splice Connectors to make the connections in steps 1-3.
- Connect the BROWN wire of the Trunk Harness (4) to the towing vehicle’s Running Lights wire.
- Connect the YELLOW wire of the Trunk Harness to the vehicle’s Left Stop & Turn light.
- Connect the GREEN wire of the Trunk Harness to the vehicle’s Right Stop & Turn light.
- Attach the WHITE GROUND wire to the towing vehicle’s frame.
INSTALL THE TRAILER LIGHTS ONLY AFTER THE TRAILER IS FULLY ASSEMBLED.
- Mount the Tail Light (1b), marked “LH” (with the License Window on bottom), on the left rear of the trailer with its side marker to the outside of the trailer. Then, mount the License Plate Bracket (2) underneath it.
- Mount the Tail Light (1a), marked “RH” (without the License Window), on the right rear of the trailer with its side marker to the outside of the trailer
- Use the included Metal Frame Clips to mount each half of the Y-Harness (3) down each side of the trailer. Run one YELLOW wire and one BROWN wire down the left side and one GREEN wire and one BROWN wire down the right side of the trailer.
- Connect the YELLOW and BROWN wires to the Left Tail Light (1b) with the included Wire Nut Connectors.
- Connect the GREEN and BROWN wires to the Right Tail Light (1a) with the included Wire Nut Connectors.
- Attach the WHITE GROUND wire to the trailer tongue or frame. Note: These Trailer Lights depend on a metal, grounded trailer frame.
Read the IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION section at the beginning of this document including all text under subheadings therein before set up or use of this product
TO PREVENT SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH FROM DRIVING HAZARDS:
Test operation of all lights before every use. Troubleshoot and repair wiring properly before using. Do not use while trailer light operation does not match vehicle light operation, if any lights do not light up, or if any lights flicker. Park on level area away from traffic and set vehicle parking brake/chock tires.
1. Connect the Y-Harness (3) Plug to the Trunk Harness (4) Plug.
2. Turn on the towing vehicle’s headlights. The two Tail Lights (1a and 1b) should turn on.
3. The brighter Stop Lights should turn on only when the vehicle’s brake pedal is depressed, or when the vehicle’s turn signal is activated (ignition key must be in its “on” position).
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY
THE MANUFACTURER AND/OR DISTRIBUTOR HAS PROVIDED THE PARTS LIST AND ASSEMBLY DIAGRAM IN THIS DOCUMENT AS A REFERENCE TOOL ONLY. NEITHER THE MANUFACTURER OR DISTRIBUTOR MAKES ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND TO THE BUYER THAT HE OR SHE IS QUALIFIED TO MAKE ANY REPAIRS TO THE PRODUCT, OR THAT HE OR SHE IS QUALIFIED TO REPLACE ANY PARTS OF THE PRODUCT. IN FACT, THE MANUFACTURER AND/OR DISTRIBUTOR EXPRESSLY STATES THAT ALL REPAIRS AND PARTS REPLACEMENTS SHOULD BE UNDERTAKEN BY CERTIFIED AND LICENSED TECHNICIANS, AND NOT BY THE BUYER. THE BUYER ASSUMES ALL RISK AND LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF HIS OR HER REPAIRS TO THE ORIGINAL PRODUCT OR REPLACEMENT PARTS THERETO, OR ARISING OUT OF HIS OR HER INSTALLATION OF REPLACEMENT PARTS THERETO.
Parts List and Diagram
|1a||RH Tail Light||1|
|1b||LH Tail Light
(with License Window on bottom)
|2||License Plate Bracket||1|
|3||25’ Trailer Harness||1|
|5||Mounting Hardware||1 pkg.|
Record Serial Number Here:
If product has no serial number, record month and year of purchase instead.
Some parts are listed and shown for illustration purposes only, and are not available individually as replacement parts. Specify UPC 193175454386 when ordering parts. cid:[email protected]
Limited 90 Day Warranty
Harbor Freight Tools Co. makes every effort to assure that its products meet high quality and durability standards, and warrants to the original purchaser that this product is free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period of 90 days from the date of purchase. This warranty does not apply to damage due directly or indirectly, to misuse, abuse, negligence or accidents, repairs or alterations outside our facilities, criminal activity, improper installation, normal wear and tear, or to lack of maintenance.
We shall in no event be liable for death, injuries to persons or property, or for incidental, contingent, special or consequential damages arising from the use of our product. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation of exclusion may not apply to you. THIS WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS.
To take advantage of this warranty, the product or part must be returned to us with transportation charges prepaid. Proof of purchase date and an explanation of the complaint must accompany the merchandise.
If our inspection verifies the defect, we will either repair or replace the product at our election or we may elect to refund the purchase price if we cannot readily and quickly provide you with a replacement. We will return repaired products at our expense, but if we determine there is no defect, or that the defect resulted from causes not within the scope of our warranty, then you must bear the cost of returning the product.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.