Please read this manual carefully before use
- KS BoomBar+
- Micro USB charge cable
- 3.5 mm aux cable
- Carry pouch
- User manual
- Multi Function Button (MFB)
- LED indicator
- Aux input
- Micro USB charge port
Instructions for use
Charging the battery
The BoomBar+ has a removable rechargeable lithium battery. Make sure the BoomBar+ is switched off. Connect one end of the Micro USB charge cable to the Micro USB charge port (4) on the BoomBar+ and connect the other end to your PC or USB mains adaptor. The battery will start charging.
- It takes up to 3 hours to fully charge the battery
- Whilst charging, the LED indicator (2) will light up red
- When fully charged, the LED indicator (2) will turn off
Battery protection mode
To keep the rechargeable battery in good condition, please discharge and recharge speaker every 3 months, especially if you are not using the speaker for long periods of time.
- To turn the BoomBar+ on, press and hold the MFB (1) for 3 seconds
- To turn the BoomBar+ off, press and hold the MFB (1) for 3 seconds whilst it is on
Pairing a wireless device
- With the BoomBar+ turned off, press and hold the MFB (1) for 3 seconds
- The LED indicator (2) will quickly flash blue to indicate power on. Shortly after powering on the LED indicator (2) will flash red/blue, indicating pairing mode has been entered
- Turn on your iOS, Android, or Windows device’s Bluetooth ON and search for new devices
- Select `KS Boombar+’ from the list of found devices. If asked for a passcode, enter `0000′ or `1234′ and the speaker will then be connected to your device
- After pairing successfully, the LED indicator (2) will change to a slow flashing blue
Note: If your device is not connecting automatically, it’s because it is not the last paired device. Simply delete `BoomBar+’ from the list of wireless devices on your device and re-pair. Note: `Bluetooth’ is a trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. This product is in no way affiliated or endorsed by Bluetooth SIG Inc.
Re-pairing or pairing new devices
- The next time the BoomBar+ is turned on, it will automatically search for and attempt to connect to the last paired device
- Make sure the wireless connectivity is turned off on any previously paired devices
- Follow `Pairing a wireless device’ instructions from step 1
Playing audio wirelessly
- Follow the instructions in the `Pairing a wireless device’ section
- Use the controls on your device to select content
- Audio played through the connected wireless device will now be heard through the speaker
- To play or pause the selected track, use the controls on your device or press the MFB (1)
- To skip to the next track, use the controls on your device or press the MFB (1) twice. Previous track can only be controlled using your device
- The volume can be adjusted on your device only
Note: Track control functions from the MFB (1) on the BoomBar+ will require your device to have Bluetooth profile AVRCP. Please check your device’s manual if unsure.
Using the aux-in
- With the BoomBar+ turned on, insert the 3.5 mm aux cable into the Aux input (3) on the BoomBar+
- The LED indicator (2) will turn solid green and any active wireless connection will disconnect
- Plug the other end of the aux cable into the audio/headphone output on an MP3 player or other audio source
- Audio played through the connected device will now be heard through the speaker
- The volume can be adjusted on your device only
Note: The MFB (1) does not operate in Aux input mode.
Your device will have an internal amplifier and if it is playing digital files like MP3s it will also have an integrated DAC (Digital Audio Converter). If you turn up the volume to 100%, your device will be sending distorted signals to the BoomBar+. To avoid this and to get the best sound quality from the speaker, we recommend that you do not run your device any higher than 95% volume.
Answer a call
When a call comes through, the BoomBar+ will play your ringtone. Press the MFB (1) to answer
During a call, press the MFB (1) to end the call
If using an Android phone, you can disable the hands free function. To do this:
- Go to the wireless menu and press the settings icon next to `BoomBar+’
- Uncheck the `Call Audio’ box
Calls are now controlled and played through the phone as normal.
Care for your BoomBar+
- Get the BoomBar+ wet
- Drop the BoomBar+ as this will invalidate your warranty
- Open up the BoomBar+ as there are no user serviceable parts inside
- Expose the BoomBar+ to extreme temperatures or rapid changes of hot to cold or vice versa
- Clean the BoomBar+ with a soft dry cloth and no detergents
|Works with Bluetooth® V4.1|
|Wireless connectivity range||up to 10 m|
|Frequency response||20 Hz — 20 kHz|
|Driver||2 x 40 mm|
|Output RMS||6 W|
|Play time||up to 20 hours|
|Charging time||up to 3 hours|
|Battery||Li-ion, 1120 mAh|
We hope you’ve now got all the information you need to get started, but if you’re having problems with anything, please feel free to contact us at: [email protected]
Hereby, Kondor Ltd declares that the radio equipment type,
KSBBP BoomBar+ Wireless Speaker, is in compliance
with Directive 2014/53/EU.
The full text of the EU declaration of conformity is available at the following internet address: http://kondor.co.uk/product-documents.
The use and operation of this speaker is beyond our control. Warranty of the BoomBar+ is limited to defects caused by faulty manufacture or defects in materials only. No warranty whatsoever is given or implied for damage caused by the user under any circumstances. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Please do not attempt to open this product. There are no user serviceable parts inside, in particular if your product has an embedded, non-replaceable battery, do not attempt to access or remove the battery as this may cause personal injury and will damage the product. Making any attempt to open the product or carry out repair voids any and all warranties.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused by minor inconsistencies in these instructions, which may occur as a result of product improvement and development.
All trademarks are acknowledged as the property of their respective owners. Unless otherwise stated their use does not imply that the trademark owner is affiliated with KitSound or endorses the products herein.
Your product and batteries must be recycled or disposed of properly. Please contact your local recycling centre for more information on proper disposal.
JB. 5585-b / KSBBP / Made in China.
© KitSound is a trademark of Kondor Limited, 2017. Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 4FL, UK