CERAMIC HEATER with ADJUSTABLE THERMOSTAT
This Heater is intended for use as supplemental heat.
This Heater is for residential use only.
It is not intended to be used in commercial, industrial or agricultural settings
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO ASSEMBLE, INSTALL, OPERATE OR MAINTAIN THE PRODUCT DESCRIBED. PROTECT YOURSELF AND OTHERS BY OBSERVING ALL SAFETY INFORMATION. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH INSTRUCTIONS COULD RESULT IN PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE!
MPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances, these instructions and warnings should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock and injury to persons:
Read all instructions before using this Heater.
● Plug heaters directly into a 120v wall outlet/receptacle only. Never use with an extension cord. Do not plug heater into any other cord connected device, such as a power strip, surge protector, multiple outlet adapter, cord reel or outlet-type air freshener. The use of such devices may create a fire hazard. Do not plug multiple devices in the same outlet or on same circuit as heater.
● Faulty wall outlet connections may cause the wall outlet to overheat. Be sure that heater plug fits tightly into outlet before each use. During use, check to make certain the heater plug is not overheating. If necessary have a qualified electrician check and/or replace the wall outlet. Do not use this heater with any solid state speed control devices.
● Make certain that the power source conforms to the electrical requirements of the Heater.
● Extreme caution is necessary when any Heater is used by or near children or invalids. The Heater should not be left operating unattended. Never leave children unattended when the heater is on or plugged in.
● This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
● DO NOT use the Heater in areas where gasoline, paint, or flammable liquids are used or stored. DO NOT use Heater in locations where flammable or explosive chemicals are stored, or in wet atmospheres.
● Do not operate any Heater with a damaged cord or plug or after the Heater malfunctions, or has been dropped or damaged in any manner. To disconnect Heater, turn the Heater OFF then remove the plug from the outlet.
● Always unplug Heater when not in use. Unplug power cord before servicing or moving the Heater.
● Do not insert or allow fingers or foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as it may cause an electric shock, fire, or damage the Heater. Do not block or tamper with the Heater in any manner while it is in operation.
● Do not block air intakes or exhaust in any manner. Do not place on soft surfaces, like a bed, where openings may become blocked. Do not depend on the on/off switch as the sole means of disconnecting power when servicing or moving the heater. Always unplug the power cord.
- Always place the Heater on a stable, flat, level surface when operating, to avoid the chance of the Heater overturning. Locate the Power Cord so the Heater or other objects are not resting on it. DO NOT run Power Cord under carpeting. DO NOT cover Power Cord with throw rugs, runners, or similar coverings as this may cause cord to overheat. Arrange Power Cord away from room traffic and where it will not be tripped over.
- This Heater is HOT when in use. To avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch hot surfaces. Always use handle when moving this Heater. Keep combustible materials, such as furniture, pillows, bedding, papers, clothes and curtains at least 3 feet (0.9 m) from the front of the Heater and keep them at least 1 foot (0.3 m) from the sides and rear.
- This Heater is not intended for use in wet or damp locations. This Heater is not intended for use in bathrooms, laundry areas and similar indoor locations. NEVER locate a Heater where it may fall into a bathtub or other water container.
- DO NOT use Heater outdoors.
- This Heater is not suitable for use in agricultural facilities including areas where livestock, poultry or other animals are confined. Please refer to National Electric Code (NEC) Article 547-7 (2008), or applicable state or local codes or standards relating to electrical requirements for Agricultural Buildings. THIS HEATER DOES NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF NEC ARTICLE 547-7 (2008).
- This Heater is not suitable for use in hazardous locations. Please refer to National Electric Code (NEC) Article 500 or applicable state or local codes or standards relating to electrical requirements for Hazardous locations. THIS HEATER DOES NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF NEC ARTICLE 500 (2008).
Please contact Customer Service at 800-233-0268 Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm EST for assistance.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
OPERATION (Figure 1)
- Carefully remove the Heater from the bag and the carton.
- Place the Heater on a firm, level surface. Plastic or rubber tabs, like the feet on this unit, may stick to furniture surfaces and/ or hardwood floors. The unit may leave a residue that could darken, stain or leave permanent blemishes on the finish of certain furniture surfaces, including wood surfaces, and/or hardwood floors.
- Make certain the unit is in the OFF (0) position before plugging the Heater into the outlet.
- Plug the cord set into a 120 volt outlet.
Be sure that the plug fits tightly into outlet.
When plugs fit loosely into receptacles, they may slip partially or completely out of the receptacle with only the slight movement of the attached cord. Receptacles in this condition may overheat and pose a serious fire hazard; if covered by a curtain or drape, the fire hazard is even greater.
- When the Heater is initially plugged in, the Power Light will come on indicating that there is power to the unit. The Power Light will remain lit until the Heater is unplugged from the electrical outlet.
- Turn the Power Knob to the desired setting.
( ) for Fan Only (NO HEAT)
(1) for Low Heat
(2) for High Heat (1500 Watts)
7. For Heater operation, turn the Thermostat Knob to the highest setting ( ).
8. To turn the Heater OFF, turn the Power Knob to (0) and unplug the Heater from the electrical outlet.
- Allow the Heater to warm up the room before setting the thermostat.
- To adjust the thermostat, turn the Thermostat Knob towards the ( ) to the desired temperature and towards the ( ) to the desired temperature.
- When the desired temperature is reached, lower the thermostat until the Unit shuts off. This is done by turning the Thermostat Knob towards the ( ).
- The Heater will now automatically maintain the set temperature by cycling the unit on and off. To prevent the Heater from cycling, adjust the thermostat.
- A thermal overload protector is built in to prevent overheating.
- If an overheat temperature is reached, the Heater will be automatically shut off. It can only resume operation when the user resets the unit.
To Reset Heater:
- Unplug the Heater and wait 10 minutes for the Heater to cool down.
- After the Heater has cooled down, plug the unit into a 120V~ electrical outlet and follow the operation instructions described in this manual.
TROUBLE SHOOTING TIPS
- Be sure the power cord is plugged into a working electrical outlet.
- Check your Thermostat setting. The Heater may be off because it has reached the desired temperature setting.If you have a problem that can not be resolved by the steps listed above, contact Technical Assistance at 800-233-0268, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8am and 5pm EST.
To reduce the risk of electrical shock and fire please observe the following instructions. Cleaning the Heater regularly will help to maintain its efficiency.
- Always unplug the cord before moving, servicing or cleaning.
- NEVER place the Heater in or near water. DO NOT IMMERSE HEATER IN WATER.
- Clean the Heater only with a vacuum equipped with a brush attachment; the vacuum will remove the lint and dirt from the surface the Heater.
- Vacuum intake grills every two weeks; this will help to maintain the optimum Heater performance.
- Use a toothbrush or other soft bristle brush to gently loosen any dirt not removed by the vacuum.
- NEVER attempt to take apart the Heater.
- Clean the body of the Heater with a soft cloth only.
- NEVER use ALCOHOL or SOLVENTS such as gasoline, benzene, paint thinner, or other harsh cleaners.
SERVICING: For servicing, other than general user maintenance, please contact Customer Service at 800-233-0268, Monday through Friday, from 8am-5pm Eastern.
STORAGE: Store the Heater with these instructions in the original carton in a cool, dry place.
DISPOSITION: Corrugated packaging materials are recyclable. For environmentally responsible disposal of this product, contact your local waste service provider or visit www.1800recycling.com®.
LASKO PRODUCTS, LLC LIMITED WARRANTY (VALID IN THEUSA, ITS TERRITORIES, AND CANADA ONLY)
: This product is warranted against defects in workmanship and/or materials.
This warranty extends only to the original purchaser of the product and lasts for three (3) years from the date of original purchase or until the original purchaser of the product sells or transfers the product, whichever first occurs.
Lasko will, at its sole option, repair or replace any part or parts that prove to be defective or replace the whole product with the same or comparable model. For all warranty claims, the product must be returned to Lasko Products, LLC at customer expense with proof of purchase within the warranty period. Contact the Lasko customer service department to obtain a Return Authorization (“RA”). DO NOT return products without an RA or the warranty claim will not be processed.
This warranty does not apply if the product was damaged or failed because of accident, improper handling or operation, shipping damage, abuse, misuse, unauthorized repairs made or attempted, or the use of the product for commercial or nonresidential service. This warranty does not cover shipping costs for the return of products to Lasko for repair or replacement. Lasko will pay return shipping charges from Lasko following warranty repairs or replacement.
Any and all warranties, expressed or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability), last three years from the date of original purchase or until the original purchaser of the product sells or transfers the product, whichever first occurs and in no event shall lasko’s liability under any express or implied warranty include (I) incidental or consequential damages from any cause whatsoever, or (ii) replacement or repair of any house fuses, circuit breakers or receptacles. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, in no event shall lasko’s liability under any express or implied warranty exceed the purchase price of the product and any such liability shall terminate upon the expiration of the warranty period.
Some states and provinces do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so these exclusions or limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which vary from state to state and province to province.
Proof of purchase is required before a warranty claim will be accepted
Toll-Free (800) 233-0268. Email: [email protected]
Our Customer Service team is available to assist you with product and service questions, and replacement parts. They can be reached Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm Eastern. Please have your model number available, as well as the type and style
(located on the underside of your product).
Customer Service Dept., 820 Lincoln Ave., West Chester, PA 19380
(Please do not send product to this location) www.laskoproducts.com