LION BRAND Re-Up Marlene Market Bag Instructions
©2019 Lion Brand Yarn Company, all rights reserved.
Marlene Market Bag
Pattern Number: L90052
SKILL LEVEL — Easy
About 15 1/2 x 15 1/2 in. (39.5 x 39.5 cm), not including strap
- Lion Brand® Re-Up® (Art. #834)
- 149 Grey 4 balls
- Lion Brand® knitting needles size 7 (4.5 mm)
- Lion Brand® stitch holders
- Lion Brand® large-eyed blunt needle
20 sts = about 4 1/2 in. (11.5 cm) in Seed St. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
kef (knit into front and then back) An increase worked as follows:
- Knit the next sty through the front loop, but do not remove the sty from your left hand needle. 2. Knit the same sty once more, this time inserting your needle through the back loop of the St. You will have created
- Loops (sts) on your right hand needle.
- Drop the sty from your left hand needle you have increased 1 St.
Seed Stitch (worked over an odd number of sts) Row 1: K1, *p1, k1; rep from * to end of row. Row 2: K the purl sts and p the knit sts. Rep Row 2 for Seed St.
- The Front and Back of the Bag are worked separately.
- Each piece is knit from the lower edge upwards with increases for shaping.
- Strap halves are worked as part of the Front and the Back.
- When you see `work even’ in the instructions, this means to continue on in the pattern sty you have established without changing the sty count by increasing, decreasing, or binding off.
Beg at lower edge, cast on 23 sts.
Row 1: Work Row 1 of Seed sty to end of row.
Row 2: Work Row 2 of Seed sty to last sty, kef you will have 24 sts in this row.
Rep Row 2, working added sts into Seed sty, until you have 69 sts on your needle.
Work even in Seed sty on 69 sts until piece measures about 15 1/2 in. (39.5 cm) from beg.
Next Row: Work in Seed sty over 12 sts, place these 12 sts onto holder for second half of strap, bind off next 45 sts, work in Seed sty to end of row for first half of strap.
First Half of Strap
Work even in Seed sty over 12 sts of first half of strap only until strap measures about 3 in. (7.5 cm) from beg of strap.
Decrease Row: K2tog, work in Seed sty to end of row — 11 sts. Work even in Seed sty until strap measures about 6 in. (15 cm) from beg of strap. Rep Decrease Row — 10 sts. Work even in Seed sty until strap measures about 9 in. (23 cm) from beg of strap. Rep Decrease Row — 9 sts. Work even in Seed sty until strap measures about 12 in. (30.5 cm) from beg of strap. Bind off.
Second Half of Strap
Slip sts for second half of strap back onto needle and work same as first half of strap.
Make same as Front.
Sew Front and Back together across lower edge. Sew sides together, continuing side seam along edge of straps (seam will run along center of finished straps). Sew ends of straps together.
Weave in yarn ends.
beg = begin(Ning)
k = knit
k2tog = knit 2 stitches together
p = purl
rep = repeat
sty(s) = stitch(as)
Every effort has been made to produce accurate and complete instructions. We cannot be responsible for variance of individual crafters, human error, or typographical mistakes.
For thousands of free patterns, visit our website www.LionBrand.com To order visit our website www.lionbrand.com or call: (800) 258-YARN (9276) any time!
Copyright ©1998-2019 Lion Brand Yarn Company, all rights reserved. No pattern or other material may be reproduced — mechanically, electronically, or by any other means, including
photocopying – without written permission of Lion Brand Yarn Company.