What if you have configured the range extender but it doesn’t work?
This FAQ may help. Please try these suggestions in order.
End-device means computers, laptops that connect to the Mercusys range extender.
Case 1: The signal LED is still solid red.
1) The Wi-Fi password of the main router. Log in to the management page of your router if possible, double-check the Wi-Fi password.
2) Make sure the main router doesn’t enable any security settings, like MAC Filtering or Access control. And Authentication Type and Encryption type is Auto on the router.
1. Reconfigure the range extender. Put the range extender 2-3 meters away from the router. Factory reset it by pushing the reset button for a few seconds, and configure the range extender from scratch.
2. If the reconfiguration doesn’t work, please upgrade the range extender to the latest firmware and configure it again.
Case 2: The signal LED already turns solid green, but end-devices can’t connect to the Wi-Fi of the range extender.
1) Check the wireless signal strength of the end-devices. If only one end-device cannot join the Wi-Fi of the range extender, remove the profile of the wireless network and connect it once again. And connect it to your router directly to see if it can connect.
2) If multiple devices cannot connect to the extender SSID, please contact Mercusys support and tell us the error message if any.
Note: If you can’t find the default SSID (network name) of your extender, that’s because the extender and the host router share the same SSID and password after configuration. End-devices can directly connect to the original network.
Case3: No internet access after your end-devices connect to the range extender.
1) The end-device is obtaining an IP Address automatically.
2) Make sure the main router doesn’t enable any security settings, like MAC Filtering or Access control.
3) Connect the same end-device to the main router directly to check its internet connectivity. Check its IP address and Default Gateway when connected to the router and range extender.
If you still fail to access to the Internet, please upgrade the range extender to the latest firmware and reconfigure it.
Please contact Mercusys support if the steps above do not solve the problem.
Before contact, please provide the necessary information to help us target your problem:
1. The model number of your range extender and host router or AP(Access Point).
2. The software and hardware version of your range extender and host router or AP.
3. Log into the range extender by using http://mwlogin.net or IP address assigned by the router (find the IP address from the router’s interface). Take pictures of the Status page and save the system log (Log taken within 3-5 minutes after the range extender reboot).