NetCommWireless 4G WiFi M2M Router User Manual
Firmware Release Notes
Copyright© 2018 NetComm Wireless Limited. All rights reserved.
The information contained herein is proprietary to NetComm Wireless. No part of this document may be translated, transcribed, reproduced, in any form, or by any means without prior written consent of NetComm Wireless.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of NetComm Wireless Limited or their respective owners. Specifications are subject to change without notice. Images shown may vary slightly from the actual product.
Please note: This document is subject to change without notice.
Upgrade / Downgrade instructions
Please refer to the accompanying “NTC-140W Firmware Upgrade Guide” file for details on upgrading the router firmware and module firmware.
- Added “Best Practices for Flash Memory Usage” section to Software Developer Kit Guide.
- Merged ubi scripts (ubimount and ubisetup) from trunk.
- Added “value:LEDPowerOffTimer” to the TR-069 data model.
- Implemented a fix for the Key Reinstallation Attack (KRACK) WPA2 WiFi vulnerability.
- Improved performance of RSA key connections over an IPSec tunnel.
- Updated User Guide embedded in device firmware.
- Various security fixes to prevent unauthorized access and denial of service attacks.
- Corrected WiFi LED display color when WiFi is enabled in Client mode.
- Stability of firmware upgrade process via TR-069 has been improved.
- Fixed issue of WiFi crashing when special characters !@#$%^&*() were used in the pre-shared key field.
- OpenVPN version updated to 2.3.6. Fixes vulnerability to DoS attack in OpenVPN version 2.1.4.
- Fixed issue when ACS URL is defined as IP address on TR-069, InternetGatewayDevice.ManagementServer.ConnectionRequestURL is not correctly determined.
- Added configuration option to perform PRL update without updating device configuration for devices on networks supporting the Open Mobile Alliance provisioning method.
- Added support for key-hash message authentication code (HMAC) to OpenVPN Server settings.
- Added support to route all traffic via IPSec VPN. This can be achieved by entering 0.0.0.0/0 in the Remote LAN address field and on the peer, entering 0.0.0.0 as the Local LAN and Local LAN subnet address.
- Fixed an issue where the router in wireless client mode would connect to an Access Point even if the Network Authentication and WPA Encryption fields contained a mismatch but had the correct SSID and Pre-shared key.
- Fixed a memory leak in the event-notifier process.
- Fixed the TR-069 feature so that it works over any WAN interface and not just WWAN.
- Fixed SMS diagnostic issue where get/set download.timeout and get/set install.timeout did not work.
- Fixed an issue in Event notification log where “Web UI login failure” Event ID was incorrect.
- Fixed an issue in Event notification log where “WiFi clients number changed” was showing the incorrect number of connected clients.
- Fixed an issue where WWAN connection would go down when 3 SSIDs were configured and a 4th and 5th SSID were enabled.
- Fixed an OpenVPN client issue where a client using the server generated certificate could not authenticate with the server.
- Fixed an issue where wifihotspot.html page was different when viewed over https connection.
- Fixed an issue where a client could not connect to an AP on SSID2 when a WiFi hotspot was enabled for SSID2.
- Fixed an issue where hotspot is enabled and firewall settings are added, then hotspot is disabled, the firewall settings are removed.
- Fixed issue where IO pin could not be configured as a digital input or digital output.
- Fixed an issue where NetComm Ethernet (ECM) and serial (ACM) driver installation would fail because drivers were not digitally signed.
- Fixed an issue where SMS could not be sent over IMS for certain networks.
- Fixed an issue where SMS could not be sent if the router was booted up with SIM that was locked and then unlocked by entering the PIN.
- Renamed “Deactivate” button to “Deactivate/RTN” on devices that support the Open Mobile Alliance provisioning method.
- Removed SMS Destination Index numbers from the user interface to avoid confusion.
- Updated code that calculates the Ec/Io value to reflect the correct value.
- Renamed “Fail count” on WAN failover configuration page to “Fail/success count
- Added sender address and CC field to Email settings.
- Added support in the web UI to allow WiFi bandwidth (20/40 Mhz) selection.
- Added number of SMS messages received in the basic status page.
- Added a warning when AP Hotspot functionality is enabled while AP radio is OFF.
- Added support for DDNS feature for all WAN failover interfaces.
- Added event notification support for status of SD card, WAN failover and Wireless clients.
- Fixed WiFi AUTO selection option for Frequency/Channel where it always selected channel 1.
- Fixed SMS forwarding with international number format.
- Fixed PPTP VPN client unable to ping the remote PPTP server.
- Fixed issue where the router may connect to WWAN even if APN is wrong.
- Fixed issue where router does not receive Ethernet RIP updates, hence does not update its routing table and advertise these routes.
- Fixed issue where Wireless AP may not restart after module firmware is updated and hence is not visible to clients.
- Updated some SNMP Object Identifiers for clarity.
- Refinement to the Data stream manager page: renamed ports for clarity and to allow user to change settings regardless of the ports continued existence.
- Fixed issue where WAN eth.0 interface may occasionally fail to detect the link is up after reboot.
- Fixed Wireless Client scan for SSID may occasionally return parsererror.
- Fixed issue where clients may not be able to connect to WiFi AP after Client mode loses connection to the remote AP.
- Changed network authentication type naming to match in the AP and Client configuration.
- Removed AGPS update interval as AGPS is not supported.
- Added LTE frequency band on status page under current band.
- Removed PDP static IP option from web-UI as this feature is not supported.
- Refinement on the SIM Security page for Remember PIN, PIN Change options.
- APN profile usernames now display number of characters.
- Display SRP, RSRQ, TAC and PS status under the advanced status section of Status page.
- System information page renamed Board Version to Hardware version for clarity.
- SIM status in SIM Management page updated to reflect the same status as in the main status page.
- Ethernet Group under Ethernet LAN/WAN is renamed to Interface assignment to avoid confusion.
- Added Client-Initiated Device Configuration (CIDC) manual activation for carriers that support this.
- Fixed issue with manual operator band selection.
- Fixed issue where hotspot customization files were being deleted after reboot.
- Fixed issue where customized hotspot landing page settings must be saved twice to take effect.
- Fixed issue where WiFi SSID Broadcast button is disabled and becomes enabled again after unit is rebooted.
- Added CDMA support for NTC-140W-01.
- Added Event notification feature.
- Display MEID, P-ESN, PRL, PRI version on Advanced status page.
- Added a new System log settings menu item and page and moved Log capture level, Non-volatile log and Remote syslog server configuration items to this page. Default system log is now set to “Notice”.
- Added multiple SSID support with open source WiFi driver.
- Added SSID and client isolation to WiFi SSID settings.
- Added support for uploading Wireless AP hotspot landing page.
- Added warning message for remote administration settings.
- Improved GPS accuracy using QMI implementation.
- Added MAC filtering on/off switch.
- Lowered power consumption in low power mode by putting Ethernet PHY in low power mode and disabling WAN Added WiFi MAC address to the status page under WLAN AP status.
- Added check for maximum number of WiFi clients in AP and Hotspot mode to 127. Default maximum is set to 31.
- Changed default MTU size to 1428, except for certain network carriers where it may change after SIM detection.
- Added support for automatic detection of RAM size.
- Fixed a routing issue in cases where NAT and firewall are disabled and a static route added.
- Fixed issues with SWI module FW/PRI updates.
- Fixed issue with Remember PIN option
- Fixed DHCP relay on 3G/WAN interface.
- Update LED colour to amber when HSPA+ coverage is detected.
- Reworded “Independent” Ethernet group option to “Disable”.
- Fixed issue where Ethernet interface configured as WAN required DNS server settings to be entered.
- Fixed an issue where recovery mode displayed different MAC address than the main firmware image.
- Fixed a data stream manager issue where a dropped client connection to a TCP server results in no further connections being allowed.
- Fixed verbose logging not working on WWAN interface.
- Fixed cosmetic issue where SMS inbox refresh button disappeared.
- Fixed cosmetic issues with WWAN connection status.
- Fixed issue with PDP session end time displaying incorrectly.
- Fixed WLAN connection status not updating.
- Fixed cosmetic issue where incorrect link state of a USB Ethernet interface was displayed upon initial connection.
- Fixed cosmetic issue related to Status page WLAN information.
- Fixed cosmetic issue with formatting of the Upload page.
- Fixed cosmetic issue where recovery mode shows different upload date than the main image for files uploaded to the router.
- Fixed cosmetic issue where data connection profile name changed to wwan.0 after clicking save on the WAN failover page.
- Fixed cosmetic issue where WAN port IP address displays netmask when retrieving DHCP assigned IP.
- Removed duplicate Save button on SNMP page.
- Changed Edit button on AP basic page.
- Fixed cosmetic issues related to the Wireless Hotspot landing page.
- Moved SIM management menu item in the Wireless WAN sub menu.
- Fixed issue when PPPoE was enabled, the Event notification log page was blank.
- Added data usage disclaimer to user interface.
- User Guide PDF file embedded in the Help page.
- Updated timezone list to include missing standard timezones.
- Integrated open source WiFi driver with support for both AP and STA mode.
- Fixed issue where Built-in Ethernet WAN port does not create its default gateway.
- Fixed occasional failure in mounting USB storage devices.
- Fixed occasional issue where module may not be recognised upon power up.
- Fixed WiFi LED operation, but the fix is not applicable to the DVT units.
- Fixed issue where some internal processes may use incorrect time, as observed in log messages.
- Removed network access technology preference from Operator settings page. Applied a fix to maintain operator list visibility when switched back to Automatic mode.
- Open VPN page updated to display DH parameter status.
- Ethernet group status page updated to correctly show USB port’s link status and also make Ethernet LAN interface visible.
- Added TR-069 support for u-boot.img file
- Reversed system.powersave.ignition rdb status reporting to keep it consistent with other NTC products
- Fixed: Module is sometimes not recognized on power up and does not recover unless rebooted.
- Introduced Storage and USB-OTG software support
- Enabled Data stream manager and PADD page
- Enabled Connect on Demand feature
- SIM management page added for devices that have dual SIM option.
- Telnet/SSH password is now set to admin by default.
- Fixed an issue related to system clock accuracy, where system clock was drifting significantly over time.
- Fixed PDP connection status reporting on the Web-UI.
- Fixed ignition polarity detection on the Power management page (floating wire will be considered low).
- Cosmetic edits on the following pages: Wireless Hotspot, WAN failover, Ethernet group, SNMP
- Added support for new regions for timezone settings.
- Moved Watchdogs menu to System page.
- Fixed web UI redirecting to the status page when clicking on other menu items.
- Fixed issue when Ethernet WAN interface configured as primary WAN with static IP, the default gateway would not work.
- Fixed low power mode feature and ignition detection not working
- Fixed phone module firmware upgrade not supported via Web UI
- GPS found satellites but didn’t connect to display coordinates.
- Display only the relevant version number for the Sierra Module FW version.
- WLAN SSID remains hidden after factory reset
- Reset button does not work during boot up
- When using WiFi Client mode, the Status page shows both Client and AP status
- TR-069 initialization session failure
4G WiFi M2M Router Firmware Release Notes 8