Nostalgia 3-Tier Chocolate Fondue Fountain User Manual
All products are trademarks of Nostalgia Products LLC.
Worldwide design & utility patented or patents pending.
© 2017 Nostalgia Products LLC.
(rev. 10/24/17 NW)
Make every day a party!
Visit www.nostalgiaproducts.com for more fun products.
Your safety and the safety of others is very important.
We have provided many important safety messages in this manual and on your appliance. Always read and obey all safety messages.
This is the safety alert symbol.
This symbol alerts you to potential hazards that can cause serious injury to you and others.
All safety messages will follow the safety alert symbol.
All safety messages will tell you what the potential hazard is, tell you how to reduce the chance of injury, and tell you what can happen if the instructions are not followed.
120 Volts, 60 Hz
40 Watts, .33 Amps
THIS PRODUCT IS FOR USE IN 120V AC OUTLET ONLY.
Refer to www.nostalgiaproducts.com/user-manuals/ for the most updated manual.
- NEVER use a scouring pad on the unit.
- NEVER leave unit unattended while in use.
- NEVER place anything other than the intended ingredients in the base bowl.
- NEVER use near water.
- NEVER touch tower with fingers while machine is on, nor while it is still hot.
- Unplug unit from outlet when not in use and when cleaning.
- DO NOT operate this appliance with a damaged cord or plug or in the event the appliance ever malfunctions.
- DO NOT put Motor Base in dishwasher.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- This appliance is NOT A TOY.
- This appliance is not intended for use by unsupervised young children or cognitively challenged individuals.
- Young children should be supervised while product is in use to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including:
- Read all instructions before operating this appliance.
- DO NOT TOUCH moving parts.
- To protect against electrical shock do not immerse cord, plug or any part of the Motor Base in water or other liquids.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use and before removing parts for cleaning.
- DO NOT operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or if the appliance has been damaged in any manner. Return the appliance to the nearest repair shop for examination or repair.
- The manufacturer does not recommend the use of accessory attachments. Use of attachments may cause injuries.
- DO NOT use outdoors.
- DO NOT let the cord touch hot surfaces.
- DO NOT place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving this appliance.
- This unit must be on a level surface to operate properly.
- DO NOT use this appliance for other than its intended use.
- DO NOT leave unit unattended while in use or when plugged in to an outlet.
- DO NOT assemble the Auger or Tower while the motor is running. Make sure unit is unplugged before assembling.
- DO NOT heat chocolate over 110o F as warping of the towers may occur.
- Heating Element will get hot. Avoid contact until fully cooled.
- A short power supply cord is provided to reduce the risk resulting
from becoming entangled or tripping over a long cord.
- Extension cord can be used if care is exercised in use.
- The marked electrical rating of an extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance.
- This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electrical shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way.
- Keep hands and foreign objects out of the fountain while it is running. Regularly check the Bowl to make sure that it is clear of chunks of fruit, etc. as they will clog the base of the Tower and the chocolate will not flow properly.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
Thank you for purchasing the 3-TIER CHOCOLATE FONDUE FOUNTAIN. This chocolate
fountain creates a cascade of sweetness that will add mouth-watering fun to any occasion. Your friends and family will enjoy snacks, appetizers and desserts with the 3-TIER CHOCOLATE FONDUE FOUNTAIN. Please take care of your machine by following these simple instructions. You can use a variety of chocolates and sauces with your 3-TIER CHOCOLATE FONDUE FOUNTAIN to create the flavor you desire. Try the following:
- Milk Chocolate
- Dark Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- White Chocolate
Dip strawberries, marshmallows, apple wedges, pretzels, cookies, ice cream balls, peanut butter balls – use your imagination! Add liqueurs for sophisticated flavors.
You can also melt cheese to create a cheese fondue fountain. Dip grapes, apples, breads, shrimp, crackers, and pretzels – use your imagination! In order to use cheese, you just need to prepare the cheese as you would for a regular fondue pot by diluting it with white wine or cream to keep it liquid, enabling it to flow through the tower. Powdered cheese may be used as well.
Barbeque sauces may also be used. Try your favorite barbeque sauce and dip cooked chicken cubes, beef/steak cubes, pork cubes or shrimp. Keep in mind the consistency of the sauce needs to be thin. Use wine, liquor or other liquids to thin the sauce.
PARTS and ASSEMBLY
Your CHOCOLATE FONDUE FOUNTAIN requires little assembly. Prior to use, wipe out Bowl with a damp cloth and dry. Wash Auger and Tower in warm soapy water, rinse, then dry.
After cleaning, return Auger to Base. Make sure Auger is securely in place by aligning the opening on the bottom of the Auger with the Base Pin. Do not attempt to place Auger or Tower on Base or remove from Base while the motor is running. Make sure the Tower is fitted on the posts in the Base properly.
Left: Heat Motor / Right: Heat / Center: OFF
HOW TO OPERATE
- First, find a stable surface near an electrical outlet before starting. Unit must be level to operate properly and to create the desired flowing effect. Make sure your cord is away from any water source. If needed, it is acceptable to use an extension cord.
- Turn the switch to the right to start the HEAT function on the CHOCOLATE FONDUE
FOUNTAIN. Let the unit warm up for at least 3 to 5 minutes before adding melted chocolate.
- While the machine is warming up, get a microwaveable bowl. Fill bowl with two bags of chocolate chips (24 ounces) and ¾ of a cup of oil. If you are using Belgian Chocolate, you do not need to add oil.
- Place in microwave for 2½ minutes. When done, stir chocolate. If necessary, continue to warm chocolate in microwave until melting is complete (another 2 to 2½ minutes). DO NOT heat chocolate over 110o F as warping of the towers may occur.
- Never add cool or cold liquids to the melted chocolate in the fountain as this will stop the flow.
- Chocolate needs to be completely melted and of thin consistency to allow proper flow. Use a large spoon to test the consistency of the chocolate. If the chocolate drips too thickly from the spoon, add more oil to the mixture.
- Once the chocolate is completely melted and of proper consistency, turn the switch the the left on the CHOCOLATE FONDUE FOUNTAIN to the MOTOR
HEAT position, so the motor and the heater are running at the same time.
- Carefully pour the melted chocolate into the Bowl at the base of the Tower. The melted chocolate should be drawn under the Tower and carried up the Tower by the Auger. Chocolate should then begin to flow from the top of the Tower and cascade evenly down each tier.
- The CHOCOLATE FONDUE FOUNTAIN must be level to ensure proper sheeting of the chocolate. Be careful not to drop pieces of food into the Bowl which clogs the flow of chocolate.
- If chocolate begins to drip instead of flow down the Tower, the chocolate is too thick. Thin the chocolate by adding vegetable oil. Also, make sure that the unit is level.
- If the chocolate is flowing unevenly, the unit is not level. Make sure that the unit is on a level surface so that the chocolate is evenly distributed.
- If the flow is intermittent, interrupted or not flowing properly, check to see if there are chunks of food in the Bowl of the Base that may be clogging the chocolate flow.
- Never add cool or cold liquid to the CHOCOLATE FONDUE FOUNTAIN as this will stop the flow of the fountain.
- DO NOT heat chocolate over 110o F as warping of the towers may occur.
CLEANING and MAINTENANCE
To prolong the life of your CHOCOLATE FONDUE FOUNTAIN be sure to follow cleaning instructions after every use. Never use anything abrasive on the base to maintain the original finish.
- Make sure unit is unplugged before cleaning. Allow parts to COOL to the touch. Tower, Auger, and Base can get VERY HOT!
- Before first use and continuing after each use, be sure to wash the Tower
and Auger thoroughly. AVOID washing parts in the dishwasher.
- To make cleaning of the CHOCOLATE FONDUE FOUNTAIN easier, carefully remove the Tower and Auger (after cooling) and wipe off remaining chocolate with paper towels. Wash in warm, soapy water, rinse and dry.
- Carefully pour out as much remaining chocolate from the Bowl as possible. Use non-abrasive, damp sponge or cloth to wipe clean the rest of the unit. Then, wipe with a non-abrasive towel to dry.
DO NOT POUR OUT EXCESS OR LEFTOVER CHOCOLATE DOWN ANY DRAIN. POUR INTO A PLASTIC BAG OR DISPOSABLE CONTAINER THEN PUT INTO THE GARBAGE.
For best results, chocolate should contain 60% cocoa. Any higher percentage of cocoa will require the addition of vegetable oil to thin out the mixture.
DO NOT ADD ANY COLD LIQUIDS TO FOUNTAIN DURING OPERATION.
This will cause your mixture to thicken and not flow properly.
Enhance the flavor of your chocolate using liqueurs.
Try these delectable chocolate creations:
Orange Liqueur or Orange Concentrate
Crème de Menthe
Crème de Coconut
Any Brand of Chocolate Liqueur
To burn the alcohol off of the liqueur:
- Prior to mixing the liqueur with the chocolate, measure ¼ cup of liqueur (more or less depending on taste) and pour into a small cooking pot.
- Cook the liqueur on the stove top and bringing to a boil.
- Mix the liqueur with choice of chocolate before adding to The CHOCOLATE FONDUE FOUNTAIN.
RETURNS and WARRANTY
SHOULD YOUR UNIT NOT WORK OR IF DAMAGED WHEN YOU FIRST TAKE IT OUT OF THE BOX, PLEASE RETURN IT TO THE PLACE OF PURCHASE IMMEDIATELY.
3-TIER CHOCOLATE FONDUE FOUNTAIN / CFF965
Should you have any questions, please contact us via email or at the customer service number listed below between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, Central Standard Time.
Nostalgia Products LLC
1471 Partnership Dr.
Green Bay, WI 54304-5685
Phone: (920) 347-9122
Customer Service Inquiry
To submit a Customer Service inquiry, go to www.nostalgiaproducts.com and fill out the Customer Service Inquiry form and click the Submit button.
A representative will contact you as soon as possible.
Product Warranty Terms
Nostalgia Products LLC (the “Company”) hereby warrants that for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase, this product will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal home use, provided that the product is operated and maintained in accordance with the operating instructions. As the sole and exclusive remedy under this warranty, the Company will at its discretion either repair or replace the product found to be defective, or issue a refund on the product during the warranty period. This warranty is only available to the original retail purchaser of the product from the date of initial retail purchase, and is only valid with the original sales receipt, as proof of purchase date is required to obtain warranty benefits. All warranty claims must be brought to the attention of the Company within the warranty period and no later than 30 days of the failure to perform. This warranty does not cover normal wear or damage caused by shipping, mishandling, misuse, accident, alteration, improper replacement parts, or other than ordinary household use. You may be required to return the product (with shipping prepaid by you) for inspection and evaluation. Return shipping costs are not refundable. The Company is not responsible for returns damaged or lost in transit. Unless otherwise specifically permitted by the operating instructions, this warranty applies to indoor household use only. In order to obtain service under this warranty, please contact the Company at the telephone number listed above or by filling out the Customer Service Inquiry Form located at www.nostalgiaproducts.com. Warranty valid only in USA and Canada.
This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied, including warranties of
merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, which are hereby excluded to the extent permitted by law. In no event shall the Company be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of or in connection with this product or the use thereof. Some states, provinces or jurisdictions do not permit the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the foregoing exclusion or limitation may not apply to you.
This warranty does not apply to re-manufactured merchandise.
Please read the operating instructions carefully. Failure to comply with the operating instructions will void this warranty.
For more information, visit us online at www.nostalgiaproducts.com
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/NostalgiaElectrics
Follow our boards on Pinterest at www.pinterest.com/nostalgiaelctrx
Tweet along with us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/NostalgiaElctrx