Karu 12 Gas Burner
Safety Legal Disclaimer: Must be read in full prior to use.
Please read the present legal disclaimer fully before assembling, installing and using/servicing your Ooni Gas Burner for Ooni Karu 12 attachment part in connection with your Ooni Karu 12 oven. Failure to comply with all the provisions of the present legal disclaimer could result in property damage, serious bodily injury or even death, or in a fire causing damage to property.
- When using Ooni Karu 12 oven together with your Ooni Gas Burner for Ooni Karu 12 attachment part, bear in mind that (1) the Ooni Gas Burner for Ooni Karu 12 attachment part shall only be used with your Ooni which excludes any other appliance, and (2) the entirety of the provisions of the Ooni Karu 12 oven’s Safety Legal Disclaimer also apply to the use of your Ooni Gas Burner for Ooni Karu 12 attachment part in addition to the provisions of the present safety legal disclaimer. You are strongly advised to not use your Ooni Karu 12 oven with the Ooni Gas Burner for Ooni Karu 12 attachment part until your Ooni Karu 12 oven has been thoroughly and properly gas leak-tested.
- Combustion by-products, produced when using the Ooni Karu 12 oven with your Ooni Gas Burner for Ooni Karu 12 attachment part, contain carbon and carbon monoxide in the flue gas of Ooni Gas Burner for Ooni Karu 12; these substances, if inhaled indoors or in any other unventilated area, are known as a possible cause of death through asphyxiation and/or carbon monoxide poisoning.
- If Ooni Gas Burner for Ooni Karu 12 does not light, turn the knobs OFF, wait 5 minutes, and try again. Always close the gas valve during the 5-minute waiting period. If Ooni Gas Burner for Ooni Karu 12 does not ignite with the valve open, gas will continue to flow out of Ooni Gas Burner for Ooni Karu 12 and could accidentally ignite with risk of injury.
- If a gas leak is detected at any time, STOP and call the fire department. Leaking propane may result in an explosion, fire, severe personal injury, or death. If you smell gas (1) shut off gas to the appliance, (2) extinguish any open flame, and (3) If odor continues, keep away from your Ooni Karu 12 oven and immediately call your gas supplier or your fire department. If you cannot stop a gas leak, immediately close LPG (propane) valve and call the LP gas supplier or your fire department. If “growing” bubbles appear in the cylinder do not use or move the LPG (propane). Contact an LP gas supplier or your fire department.
- Do not store or use gasoline or other flammable liquids or vapors in the vicinity of your Ooni Karu 12 oven or any other appliance. Do not insert any tool or foreign object into the valve outlet or safety relief valve. You may damage the valve and cause a leak. Never attempt to attach your Ooni Gas Burner for Ooni Karu 12 to the self-contained LP gas system of a camper trailer or motor home. Never operate your Ooni Karu 12 oven with LPG (propane) in any other position other than that specified in assembly instructions. Always close LPG (propane) valve before moving LPG (propane) from the specified operation position. Turn controls and gas source or tank OFF when not in use.
- Use the Ooni Gas Burner for Ooni Karu 12, as purchased, only with LPG (propane) and the regulator/valve assembly supplied. Do not attempt to repair or alter the hose/valve/regulator for any “assumed” defect. Any modification to this assembly will create the risk of a gas leak and fire. Use only authorized replacement parts supplied by Ooni Limited. NEVER store a spare LPG (propane) under or near your Ooni Karu 12 oven or in an enclosed area. An LPG (propane) not connected for use shall not be stored in the vicinity of your Ooni Karu 12 oven or any other appliance.
- You shall use your Ooni Gas Burner for Ooni Karu 12 attachment part, in connection with your Ooni Karu 12 oven, only with pre-bottled LPG (propane).
An improperly stored LPG (propane) is a hazard due to possible gas release from the safety relief valve. This could cause an intense fire with risk of property damage, serious injury, or death. If you see, smell or hear gas escaping, immediately move away from the LPG (propane)/appliance and call your fire department.
OONI LIMITED, OONI INC, OR OONI GMBH DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY, LEGAL OR OTHERWISE, FOR THE INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE TO PROPERTY OR PERSONS RESULTING FROM THE USE OF YOUR OONI GAS BURNER FOR OONI KARU 12 ATTACHMENT PART WHICH DOES/DID NOT COMPLY WITH ANY OF THE PROVISIONS OF THE PRESENT LEGAL DISCLAIMER.
OONI LIMITED, OONI INC, OR OONI GMBH SHALL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER IN EXCESS OF THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE PRICE OF YOUR OONI GAS BURNER FOR THE OONI KARU 12 ATTACHMENT PART.
Some states or countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, therefore such limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
- Read instructions before using the appliance.
- Only to be used outdoors.
- Warning! Accessible parts may be very hot.
- Warning! Make sure the legs on Ooni Karu 12 are fully extended before use
- Warning! To prevent shock, Do not to touch the electrode tip when igniting the burner.
- Warning! Do not adjust the ceiling vent or chimney vent during use.
- Warning! Keep away from hot exhaust gases coming from the chimney
- Warning! Please ensure there is a distance of at least 3.5” / 90mm between the edges of any of the oven legs and the edge of the table surface.
- Keep young children away.
- Do not move the appliance during use.
- Turn off the gas supply at the gas cylinder after use.
- Do not modify the appliance.
- Parts sealed by the manufacturer or agent must not be manipulated by the user.
- Always use protective gloves when handling hot components.
- Storage of an appliance indoors is only permissible if the cylinder is disconnected and removed from the appliance. When the appliance is not used for a period of time, it should be removed from the oven and stored in its original packaging in a dry dust-free environment.
- CAUTION: All cleaning and maintenance should be carried out when the oven is cool and with the fuel supply turned OFF at the gas cylinder and disconnected.
- BEFORE USE CHECK APPLIANCE AND CONNECTIONS FOR LEAKS: Never check for leaks with a naked flame, always use a soapy water solution. Leak testing: Leak test each time a new gas tank is connected or after a long period without having used the appliance. Make sure that the valve is in correct alignment with the venturi. Make sure that the hose has no cracking or splitting.
IMPORTANT: if you cannot stop a gas leak, turn off the gas tank valve and call your local gas tank dealer or fire department.
- The appliance must be kept away from any flammable materials during use.
- When changing the gas canister, ensure that the Ooni Gas Burner for Ooni Karu 12 knob is turned to the off position, disconnect the regulator from the gas canister and remove the canister. Throughout this process, ensure that the canister is kept a minimum of 1 meter away from the oven to avoid ignition risks.
Stand to the side when relighting – never look directly into the oven or at the flame.
Gas regulator supplied may not be suitable for use in your territory or region, please refer to your local regulations for more information.
Regulators and hose connections will vary depending on your region.
If your Ooni Gas Burner for Ooni Karu 12 has a threaded female hose end follow Step 1a.
If your Ooni Gas Burner for Ooni Karu 12 has a threaded barb and regular hose with a hose clip follow Step 1b then 1c.
If your Ooni Gas Burner for Ooni Karu 12 has a regular hose with a hose clip follow Step 1c.
If your Ooni Gas Burner for Ooni Karu 12 has the hose preinstalled continue to Step 2.
Tighten with suitable wrenches
Tighten with suitable wrenches then follow Step 1c.
Tighten with a suitable screwdriver.
Regulators will vary depending on the region.
Patio gas regulator
This is a push-on gas fitting. Ensure that the black switch is in the horizontal position. Depress the button located below the black switch and press the regulator onto the tank valve until it locks into place.
POL gas regulator
This is an anticlockwise threaded gas fitting. Ensure the tank is fully turned off and screw the regulator onto the gas tank valve fitting until tight.
Gas Safety Information
- The appliance must be installed at least 1 meter from any flammable materials.
- The oven should be placed on a non-flammable, stable, and flat surface.
- Make sure your oven is placed in an area that will not be affected by adverse weather.
- Appliance only to be used with Propane LPG. Minimum cylinder capacity 4kg maximum cylinder capacity 13kg.
- Use a suitably provided regulator certified to EN 16129 and a flexible hose certified to EN 16436.
- The length of the hose must be no more than 1.5 meters. A worn or damaged hose must be replaced. Ensure that the hose is not obstructed, kinked, or in contact with any part of the oven other than at its connection.
- The gas supply hose should be checked periodically and should replace if damaged at least every two years.
- Your country’s national requirements will advise you how often to replace the hose.
Regularly review these requirements for your country.
- In the case of blocked venturi immediately turn off the burner unit, turn off the gas supply, disconnect the gas supply and wait until cooled to be removed from the oven.
- Ensure the appliance is clear of debris before every use. If any debris does build up use a brush to remove this when the appliance has cooled.
Step 6 Ignition
- Turn on the gas at the gas canister.
- Push in and turn the button counter-clockwise until it clicks. Do not turn too quickly.
From press to click should take about 3 seconds
- Hold in button for 5 seconds, then release.
Stand clear of the oven when igniting – ensure nobody is within 1 meter (3ft) of the front of the oven.
Maintain arm’s length from the oven when igniting, and do not lean over the oven when igniting.
Step 7 Verify that the gas burner has on
- If not, turn off the gas and go back to Step 6.
- If the burner still does not ignite go to Step 8.
Step 8 Ignition – using a match
If the burner still does not ignite; turn the gas on and light using a match and the supplied match holder through the front of the oven. Hold it in front of the burners. Press and turn the knob as described in Step 6.
Always route the gas hose away from the oven. The hose must not touch the oven body
If the flames go out turn off the gas and wait 5 minutes before reigniting
|Problem||Possible cause||Prevention / Solution|
|My oven isn’t getting hot enough||1. Empty gas bottle
2. Cracking or leaking on the hose
3. Regulator improperly fixed
4. Operation in extreme conditions
|1. Check the gas bottle is full, even a bottle with little gas inside may affect the gas burner performance
2. Ensure there is no cracking or leaking on the hose
3. Ensure the regulator is properly fixed to the gas bottle and the hose is firmly attached to the gas burner tightened using appropriately sized wrenches as outlined in the instruction manual
4. Your gas burner and oven should not be used in extreme conditions (eg high wind)
|My gas burner will not ignite||1. Improper set-up
2. Empty gas bottle
3. Cracking or leaking from the hose
4. Improper lighting technique.
5. Regulator improperly fixed
6. Improper alignment of the sparker
|1. Ensure the chimney cap is removed and the ceiling vents and chimney vent are open. The door should be open.
2. Check the gas bottle is full, even a bottle with little gas inside may affect the gas burner performance
3. Ensure there is no cracking or leaking on the hose
4. Turning the dial too quickly may prevent the gas burner from lighting.
5. Ensure the regulator is properly fixed to the gas bottle and the hose is firmly attached to the gas burner tightened using appropriately sized wrenches as outlined in the instruction manual
6. Reposition the sparker tip so it is 2-3 mm away from the front of the burner cap.
|My flame is too yellow / too blue||Variations in the environment, the food you cook, ambient temperature, and the condition of your Ooni oven may affect the color of your flame||The color of your flame will not affect the taste or quality of your food.|
|My FSD is not functioning correctly||My FSD is not functioning correctly||Ensure the gas burner and gas supply is switched off, wait for the burner to cool down, gently clean the probe and burner holes with a damp cloth, and leave the burner to fully dry before re-lighting.|
|The gas burner for Ooni will not maintain its flame||1. Lack of oxygen
2. Oven placed on an uneven surface
|1. Open the chimney vent of your Ooni Pro to encourage better airflow through the oven
2. If your Ooni is on a slant when set up, the oxygen will not flow as well. Try to set up on a flat surface.
|I can hear a ‘roaring sound’ coming from the Gas burner and my flames are very weak||Flame is burning within the ventures||Switch off the gas supply and the gas burner immediately, wait 5 minutes and relight the gas burner.|
Product technical information
Ooni Karu 12 Gas Burner
53113 Bonn, Germany
|28-30 mbar||37 mbar|
|Ooni Karu 12 Gas Burner||Butane
|5.3 kW, 386g/h||0.81 mm * 2|
|BE, CH, ES, FR, GB, IE, IT, LU, PT|
|Use outdoors only.
Read the instructions before using the appliance.
WARNING: accessible parts may be very hot. Keep young children away.
This appliance must be kept away from ﬂammable materials during use.
Do not move the appliance during use.
Turn off the gas supply at the gas cylinder after use.
Do not modify the appliance.
|Stand to the side when relighting – never look directly into the oven or at the ﬂame.|
Injector marking: 0.81 mm
When the diameter of the injector is 0.81 mm use the provided 37 mbar regulator with a Propane LPG cylinder.
© 2021 Ooni
Ooni is a registered trademark of Ooni Ltd.
All rights reserved.