Media Remote for PS4™
Instruction Manual 051-075-NA
Coverage and Term
PDP warrants that this product will be free from manufacturing defects for two years from the original date of purchase. Manufacturing defects are those defects in materials and/or workmanship, subject to final determination by PDP’s customer service department. This warranty applies only to original purchasers with a valid proof of purchase from an authorized PDP retailer that clearly shows the date of purchase.
Exclusive Remedy and Exclusions
The exclusive remedy for valid claims will be the repair, replacement or refund of the product. This warranty does not cover defects caused by accidents, improper or abusive use of the product, unauthorized or improper modifications, repairs or handling.
How to Get Service
Purchasers should contact the PDP customer service department at (800) 331-3844 (US and Canada only) or by visiting support.pdp.com. Inquiries are typically answered within twenty-four business hours.
Your Rights Under Applicable Law
This warranty does not affect the legal rights of customers under applicable state, provincial or national laws governing the sale of consumer goods.
- Before using this product, carefully read this manual and keep it for future reference. Additionally, read the instructions for the PlayStation® 4 system.
- Do not handle damaged or leaking batteries.
WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH THE MEDIA REMOTE
The Media Remote uses Bluetooth® wireless technology to operate your PS4™ system and to control the playback of common types of media, including Blu-ray Disc™ media, DVDs, and also most PS4™ streaming apps.
PREPARING FOR USE
Remove the battery cover on the rear by pushing up and insert 2 AAA batteries. Make sure the batteries are in the correct position.
OPERATING THE PS4™ SYSTEM
Check the PS4™ system software version To use the Media Remote, the PS4™ system software must be version 3.0 or later. You can check the system software version by selecting
Settings -> System -> System Information.
Pairing the Media Remote with a PS4™ system
This operation is performed only once, when you are using the Media Remote for the first time.
1. Turn on the PS4™ system.
2. Using a connected controller, select Settings -> Devices -> Bluetooth Devices from the PS4™ system menu.
3. Press the PS button once to activate the remote.
4. Next, press and hold the SHARE button and the PS button simultaneously until the red LED begins to flash.
5. Place the remote close to the PS4™ system and wait for “PDP Media Remote” to appear in the device list.
6. Using a DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller select “PDP Media Remote” from the list, and press the “X” button. When prompted, select “Yes”.
7. The red LED on the remote will illuminate for 3 seconds and then turn off, indicating successful pairing.
8. If pairing is unsuccessful, repeat steps 3 through 6.
To conserve battery life, the PS4™ system will disconnect the Media Remote after 30 minutes of activity.
• To reactivate, press any buttons to wake up the Media Remote.
• If the batteries are just replaced, press the PS button once to wake up the Media Remote.
• For the latest PS4™ usage instructions, refer to the user’s guide for the PS4™ system (manuals.playstation.net/document/).
• For the latest Media Remote instructions refer to the online user’s guide (support.pdp.com).
• Only one Media Remote can be registered with the PS4™ system at a time.
• When you pair the Media Remote with another PS4™ system, registration with the original PS4™ system is cleared. To use the remote with the original PS4™ system, you will have to follow the pairing procedure again.
- Never throw batteries into a fire.
- If you come into contact with material from a leaking battery, take the following actions:
- If the material gets into the eyes, do not rub. Immediately flush the eyes with clean water and seek medical attention.
- If the material comes into contact with the skin or clothes, immediately rinse the affected area with clean water. Consult your physician if
inflammation or soreness develops.
- Keep the product out of reach of small children. Small children may swallow the batteries or small parts, which may inflict injury or cause an accident.
- Do not use batteries other than those specified, and always replace with the same type of battery.
- Do not mix old and new batteries.
- Insert batteries with the plus and minus ends in the correct direction.
- Remove batteries when they have reached the end of their life, or if the remote is to be stored for an extended period of time.
Use and handling
- Do not expose the remote to high temperatures, high humidity or direct sunlight.
- Do not allow liquid or small particles to get into the product.
- Do not put heavy objects on the product.
- Never disassemble or modify the product.
- Do not throw or drop the product, or otherwise expose it to strong physical impact.
- Do not place any rubber or vinyl materials on the product exterior for an extended period of time.
- When cleaning the product, use a soft, dry cloth. Do not use solvents or other chemicals.