PHILIPS HP8281 Moisture Protect Hairdryer User Manual
Register your product and get support at
Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to Philips! To fully benefit from the support that Philips offers, register your product at www.philips.com/welcome.
Read this user manual carefully before you use the appliance and keep it for future reference.
- WARNING: Do not use this appliance near water.
- When the appliance is used in a bathroom, unplug it after use since the proximity of water presents a risk, even when the appliance is switched off.
- WARNING: Do not use this appliance near bathtubs, showers, basins or other vessels containing water.
- Always unplug the appliance after use.
- If the appliance overheats, it switches off automatically. Unplug the appliance and let it cool down for a few minutes. Before you switch the appliance on again, check the grilles to make sure they are not blocked by fluff, hair, etc.
- If the main cord is damaged, you must have it replaced by Philips, a service centre authorised by Philips or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- For additional protection, we advise you to install a residual current device (RCD) in the electrical circuit that supplies the bathroom. This RCD must have a rated residual operating current not higher than 30mA. Ask your installer for advice.
- Do not insert metal objects into the air grilles to avoid electric shock.
- Never block the air grilles.
- Before you connect the appliance, ensure that the voltage indicated on the appliance corresponds to the local power voltage.
- Do not use the appliance for any other purpose than described in this manual.
- Do not use the appliance on artificial hair.
- When the appliance is connected to the power, never leave it unattended.
- Never use any accessories or parts from other manufacturers or that Philips does not specifically recommend. If you use such accessories or parts, your guarantee becomes invalid.
- Do not wind the main cord round the appliance.
- Wait until the appliance has cooled down before you store it.
- Do not pull on the power cord after using. Always unplug the appliance by holding the plug.
- Do not operate the appliance with wet hands.
- Always return the appliance to a service centre authorized by Philips for examination or repair. Repair by unqualified people could result in an extremely hazardous situation for the user.
Electromagnetic fields (EMF)
This Philips appliance complies with all applicable standards and regulations regarding exposure to electromagnetic fields.
- Do not throw away the appliance with the normal household waste at the end of its life, but hand it in an official collection point for recycling. By doing this, you help to preserve the environment.
- Follow your country’s rules for the separate collection of electrical and electronic products. Correct disposal helps prevent negative consequences for the environment and human health.
The MoistureProtect dryer has an innovative new sensor technology called the Moisture Protect sensor. This technology has been specifically designed to preserve the natural hydration of your hair. The infrared sensor measures the temperature of your hair while drying it, diagnoses your hair and adapts the temperature to preserve its natural hydration. This gives advanced protection to your hair and scalp from overheating and therefore keeps your hair healthier and shinier. We’ve already turned the sensor on so you can enjoy maximum protection right from the start. When the appliance is powered on, ions are automatically and continuously dispensed, reducing frizz and providing additional shine.
- Cool shot button
- Temperature settings
- Airflow settings
- Hanging loop
- Moisture protect button
- Air inlet grille
4 Dry your hair
- Connect the plug to a power supply socket.
- Attach the nozzle（ 6 ） or volume diffuser （ 7 ） for your styling needs.
- For precise drying, attach the nozzle on the hair dryer. The nozzle enables you to direct the airflow straight at the brush or comb with which you are styling your hair.
- To enhance volume for curls and bouncy style, attach the diffuser on the hair dryer. Hold the hairdryer vertically and place the hair in a circular motion in between pins and move towards scalp slowly. To add volume at the roots, insert the pins into your hair by making rotating movements. It helps to dry your hair roots and scalp without hot spot.
- Adjust the airflow switch ( 3 ) and temperature switch ( 2 ) to suitable positions.
- Switch on MoistureProtect ( 5 ) for more protection. The moisture protect is on when using for the first time.
The purple LED light on the product indicates the moisture protect sensor is on.
- Press the cool shot button ( 1 ) for cool airflow to fix your style.
- Switch off the appliance and unplug it.
- Place it on a heat-resistant surface until it cools down.
- To disconnect the nozzle or volume diffuser, pull it off the hairdryer.
- Press the latch to detach the air inlet grille ( 8 ) to remove hair and dust.
- Clean the appliance by a damp cloth.
- Keep it in a safe and dry place, free of dust. You can also hang it with the hanging loop ( 4 ).
5 Guarantee and service
If you need information e.g. about replacement of an attachment or if you have a problem, please visit the Philips website at www.philips.com/support or contact the Philips Customer Care Centre in your country. The phone number is in the worldwide guarantee leaflet. If there is no Consumer Care Centre in your country, go to your local Philips dealer.
Specifications are subject to change without notice
© 2019 Koninklijke Philips N.V.
All rights reserved.
3000 043 56651