Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to Philips!
To fully benefit from the support that Philips offers, register your product at www.philips.com/welcome.
Read this important information carefully before you use the appliance and save it for future reference.
– Avoid spillage on the connector
– Do not misuse this kettle for anything other than its intended use to avoid potential injury
– Do not use the appliance if the plug, the mains cord, the base, or the kettle itself is damaged. If the mains cord is damaged, you must have it replaced by Philips, a service center authorized by Philips or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
– This appliance can be used by children aged 8 years and above and by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and if they understand the hazards involved. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children unless they are older than 8 and supervised. Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children aged less than 8 years.
– Children shall not play with the appliance.
– Keep the mains cord, the base and the kettle away from hot surfaces.
– Do not place the appliance on an enclosed surface (e.g. a serving tray), as this could cause water to accumulate under the appliance, resulting in a hazardous situation.
– Unplug the appliance and let it cool down before you clean it. Do not immerse the kettle or base in water or any other liquid.
Only clean the appliance with a moist cloth and a mild cleaning agent.
– Only connect the appliance to an earthed wall socket.
– Only use the kettle in combination with its original base.
– The kettle is only intended for heating up and boiling water.
– Never fill the kettle beyond the maximum level indication. If the kettle has been overfilled, boiling water may be ejected from the spout and cause scalding.
– Be careful: the metal finished parts of the kettle and the water in it become hot during and sometime after use. Only lift the kettle by its handle. Also beware of the hot steam that comes out of the kettle.
– This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as farmhouses, bed and breakfast type environments, staff kitchen areas in shops, in offices and in other working environments and by clients in hotels, motels, and other residential types environments.
This kettle is equipped with boil-dry protection: it switches off automatically if you accidentally switch it on with no or not enough water in it. Let the kettle cool down for 10 minutes and then lift the kettle off its base. After this, the kettle is ready for use again.
Electromagnetic fields (EMF)
This Philips appliance complies with all standards regarding electromagnetic fields (EMF).
Descaling the kettle (fig. 4)
Depending on the water hardness in your area, the scale may build up inside the kettle over time and affect the performance of the kettle. Regular descaling makes your kettle last longer, ensures proper function, and saves energy. When scale starts to build up inside the kettle, fill the kettle with water then add white vinegar (step 6). Wait for half an hour before rinsing the kettle (steps 7 – 9). Boil twice (steps 10-12) to remove all vinegar.
– Always unplug the base before you clean it
– Never immerse the kettle or its base in water.
Cleaning the kettle and the base (fig. 5)Clean the outside of the kettle and the base with a moistened soft cloth.Caution: Do not let the moist cloth come into contact with the cord, the plug, and the connector of the base.Ordering accessories
To buy accessories or spare parts, visit www.shop.philips.com/service or go to your Philips dealer. You can also contact the Philips Consumer Care Centre in your country (see the worldwide guarantee leaflet for contact details).
RecyclingThis symbol means that this product shall not be disposed of with normal household waste (2012/19/EU). Follow your country’s rules for the separate collection of electrical and electronic products. Correct disposal helps prevent negative consequences for the environment and human health.
Guarantee and support
If you need information or support, please visit www.philips.com/support or read the separate worldwide guarantee leaflet.
©2020 Koninklijke Philips N.V.
All rights reserved.
3000 026 54372