PHILIPS Steam Iron
Important: Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to Philips! To fully benefit from the support that Philips offers, register your product at www.philips.com/welcome
Read the separate important information leaflet and this user manual carefully before you use the appliance. Keep both documents for future reference.
- Spray button
- Steam slider
- Dry setting
- ECO setting
- Auto steam setting
- Steam boost trigger
- Safety auto-off light (specific types only)
- Temperature indicator light
- Temperature dial with Auto steam control
- Calc clean button
- Quick Calc Release lock
- Quick Calc Release tray
Type of water to use
Your appliance has been designed to be used with tap water. If you live in an area with hard water, fast scale build-up may occur. Therefore, it is recommended to use distilled or demineralized water to prolong the lifetime of your appliance.
Do not put perfume, vinegar, starch, descaling agents, ironing aids or other chemicals in the water tank.
Please read the quick start guide in this user manual carefully to start using your appliance.
Select the temperature to the appropriate setting for your garment according to table 1 below:
- Auto steam: The iron automatically adjusts the steam output according to the selected temperature to provide the best ironing result.
- ECO: This steam setting enables you to reduce the steam output to save energy and still have sufficient steam to iron your garments.
- Dry: This steam setting enables you to iron without steam or to stop steam when the iron is not in use.
- Iron with extra steam: Press and hold the steam boost trigger to get more steam to remove stubborn creases.
Steam boost function and vertical steaming
- Press and release the steam boost trigger for a powerful boost steam. This can be used
to remove targeted stubborn creases or creases from a hanged garment.
Note: The steam boost function should only be used at temperature setting between ●●● to MAX. Leaking may appear if you use steam boost at too low a temperature.
Hot steam comes out of the iron. Do not remove wrinkles from a garment while some one is wearing it. To prevent burns, do not direct the steam at people.
Safety auto-off (specific types only)
The safety auto-off function automatically switches off the iron if it has not been used for 30 seconds resting on its soleplate or 8 minutes resting on its backplate. The auto-off light will light up.
- To let the iron heat up again, pick up the iron or move it slightly. The auto-off light goes out.
Cleaning and maintenance
For figures, refer to the fold-out at the back of the user manual.
- Unplug the iron and let it cool down.
- Pour any remaining water out of the water tank from the water filling door.
- Wipe flakes and any other deposit off the soleplate with a damp cloth and a non-abrasive (liquid) cleaning agent.
To keep the soleplate smooth, avoid hard contact with metal objects. Never use a scouring pad, vinegar or other chemicals to clean the soleplate.
Quick Calc Release
IMPORTANT: To prolong the life time of your appliance and to maintain good steaming performance, use Quick Calc Release function once every 1 month. If water in your area is very hard, use this function more frequently.
Note: Make sure that the iron has been unplugged for at least 1 hour and has completely cooled down, before you use Quick Calc Release.
- Put the iron on a levelled surface and push up the Quick Calc Release lock at the back of the iron (Fig. 15).
- Take out the Quick Calc Release tray (Fig. 16).
- Pour out scales in the tray into a sink or dustbin. Clean the tray using tap water. Remove any excess water from the tray (Fig. 17).
Do not pour water, vinegar, descaling agents or other chemicals into the iron from the opening of the Quick Calc Release.
Do not use vinegar, descaling agents or other chemicals to wash the tray.
- Wipe off the scales in the opening of the Quick Calc Release tray with a damp cloth (Fig. 18).
- Insert the tray back into the iron (Fig. 19).
- Push down the Quick Calc Release lock (Fig. 20).
Do not use the iron when the Quick Calc Release tray is not locked.
If you break or lose the tray, contact a consumer care center in your country (see the worldwide guarantee leaflet for contact details).
IMPORTANT: Besides Quick Calc Release function, you should also perform calc-clean once every 1 month to prolong the life of your iron. If water in your area is very hard, or you see scales coming out from the soleplate during ironing, use this function more frequently.
- Make sure the iron is unplugged and the steam slider is set to dry setting.
- Fill the water tank to the MAX indication.
Do not pour vinegar or other descaling agents into the water tank.
- Plug in the iron and set the temperature dial to MAX.
- Unplug the iron when the temperature light goes out.
- Hold the iron over the sink. Keep pushing the calc clean button and gently shake the iron forth and back until all water in the water tank has been used up (Fig. 21).
Scales is flushed out, steam and boiling water also come out of the soleplate.
Note: Repeat steps 2 to 5 if the water that comes out of the iron still contains scale particles.
- Plug in the iron and let the iron heat up to dry the soleplate.
- Unplug the iron when the temperature indicator light goes out.
- Move the iron gently over a piece of cloth to remove any water stains on the soleplate.
This chapter summarises the most common problems you could encounter with the appliance. If you are unable to solve the problem with the information below, visit www.philips.com/support for a list of frequently asked questions or contact the Consumer Care Centre in your country (see the worldwide guarantee leaflet for contact details).
|Water leaks from the
water ﬁlling door.
|You have overﬁlled the
|Do not ﬁll the water tank beyond the MAX
indication. Pour excess water out of the water tank.
|Water drips from the soleplate after the iron has been unplugged or has been stored.||The steam slider is set to
MAX or ECO.
|Set the steam slider to dry setting.|
|You have put the iron in horizontal position
with water still left in the water tank.
|Empty the water tank.|
|Water or steam leaks from the back part of the iron.||You have not locked the Quick Calc release tray properly.||Take out the Quick Calc Release tray and clean it using tap water. Use a piece of cloth to wipe off calc in the opening of the back part of the iron. Put back the tray and lock it. (See chapter ‘Cleaning and maintenance’, section ‘Quick calc release function’).|
|The Quick Calc release tray is damaged.||Contact a consumer care center in your country (see the world wide guarantee leaflet for contact details).|
|The steam boost function does not work properly (water leaks out of the soleplate).||You have used the steam boost function too often within a very short period.||Wait for a few seconds before you use the steam boost function again.|
|You have used the steam boost function at too low a temperature.||Set an ironing temperature at which the steam boost function can be used (●●● to MAX).|
|Flakes and impurities come out of the soleplate during ironing.||Calc are formed inside the soleplate.||Use the Calc-Clean function (see chapter ‘Cleaning
and maintenance’, section ‘Calc-Clean function’).