Rockford Fosgate Punch Series Full Range Speakers User Guide
Congratulations on your purchase of the world’s finest brand of audio products. At Rockford Fosgate we are fanatics about musical reproduction at its best, and we are pleased you chose our product. Through years of engineering expertise, hand craftsmanship and critical testing procedures, we have created a wide range of products that reproduce
music with all the clarity and richness you deserve. For maximum performance we recommend you have your new Rockford Fosgate product installed by an Authorized Rockford Fosgate Dealer, as we provide specialized training through Rockford Technical Training Institute (RTTI). Please read your warranty and retain your receipt and original carton for possible future use. Great product and competent installations are only a piece of the puzzle when it comes to your system. Make sure that your installer is using 100% authentic installation accessories from Rockford Fosgate in your installation. Rockford Fosgate has everything from RCA cables and speaker wire to power wire and battery connectors. Insist on it! After all, your new system deserves nothing but the best. To add the finishing touch to your new Rockford Fosgate image, order your Rockford accessories, which include everything from T-shirts to hats. Visit our web site for the latest information on all Rockford products;
or, in the U.S. call 1-800-669-9899 or FAX 1-800-398-3985. For all other countries, call +001-480-967-3565 or FAX +001-480-966-3983.
Table of Content
12-15 Additional Languages
16 Limited Warranty Information
If, after reading your manual, you still have questions regarding this product, we recommend that you see your Rockford Fosgate dealer. If you need further assistance, you can call us direct at 1-800-669-9899. Be sure to have your serial number, model number and date of purchase available when you call.
PRACTICE SAFE SOUND
Continuous exposure to sound pressure levels permanent hearing loss. High powered auto sound systems may produce sound pressure levels well over 130dB. Use common sense and practice safe sound.
This symbol with “WARNING” is intended to alert the user to the presence of important instructions. Failure to heed the instructions will result in severe injury or death.
This symbol with “CAUTION” is intended to alert the user to the presence of important instructions. Failure to heed the instructions can result in injury or unit damage.
- To prevent injury and damage to the unit, please read and follow the instructions in this manual. We want you to enjoy this system, not get a headache.
- If you feel unsure about installing this system yourself, have it installed by a qualified Rockford Fosgate technician.
- Before installation, disconnect the battery negative (-) terminal to prevent damage to the unit, fire and/or possible injury.
- (1) Pair Punch Series Full Range Speakers
- (1) Pair of grilles/trim rings (P152, P16, P1650, P1675, P1692 and P1694 only)
- (1) Pair of 5×7 adapter plates (P142, P1462, P1572 only)
- (1) Pair of 6×9 adapter plates (P152, P16, P1675 only)
- Mounting Hardware
Before beginning any installation, follow these simple rules:
- Be sure to carefully read and understand the instructions before attempting to install these speakers.
- For safety, disconnect the negative lead from the battery prior to beginning the installation.
- For easier assembly, we suggest you run all wires prior to mounting your speakers in place.
- Use high quality connectors for a reliable installation and to minimize signal or power loss.
- Think before you drill! Be careful not to cut or drill into gas tanks, fuel lines, brake or hydraulic lines, vacuum lines or electrical wiring when working on any vehicle. If installation in a boat, take care not to cut or drill through the main hull.
- Never run wires underneath the vehicle. Running the wires inside the vehicle or hull area provides the best protection.
- Avoid running wires over or through sharp edges. Use rubber or plastic grommets to protect any wires routed through metal, especially the firewall.
- Determine where the speakers will be mounted. Ensure an area large enough for the speaker to mount evenly. Be sure that the mounting location is deep enough for the
speaker to fit; if mounting in a door, operate all functions (windows, locks, etc.) through their entire operating range to ensure there is no obstruction.
Example of standard door installation
- Refer to the specification chart to determine the proper diameter hole to cut for your speaker model. Cutting and mounting templates can be found at www.rockfordfosgate.com.
- Mark the locations for the mounting screws. Drill the holes with a 1/8” bit.
Example of rear deck installation
- Feed the speaker wires through the cutout and connect to the speaker terminals. Be sure to observe proper polarity when connecting the wires.The speaker’s positive terminal is indicated with a “+”.
Adapter Plate Template – 6.75” Hole Mounting
Adapter Plate Template – 5”x7” Hole Mounting
Adapter Plate Template – 6”x9” Hole Mounting
Rockford Corporation offers a limited warranty on Rockford Fosgate products on the following terms:
Length of Warranty
POWER Amplifiers – 2 Years
BMW® Direct Fit Speakers – 2 Years
All other products – 1 Year
Any Factory Refurbished Product – 90 days (receipt required)
What is Covered
This warranty applies only to Rockford Fosgate products sold to consumers by Authorized Rockford Fosgate Dealers in the United States of America or its
possessions. Product purchased by consumers from an Authorized Rockford Fosgate Dealer in another country are covered only by that country’s Distributor
and not by Rockford Corporation.
Who is Covered
This warranty covers only the original purchaser of Rockford product purchased from an Authorized Rockford Fosgate Dealer in the United States. In order to receive service, the purchaser must provide Rockford with a copy of the receipt stating the customer name, dealer name, product purchased and date of purchase.
Products found to be defective during the warranty period will be repaired or replaced (with a product deemed to be equivalent) at Rockford’s discretion.
What is Not Covered
- Damage caused by accident, abuse, improper operations,water, theft, shipping.
- Any cost or expense related to the removal or reinstallation of product.
- Service performed by anyone other than Rockford or an Authorized Rockford Fosgate Service Center.
- Any product which has had the serial number defaced, altered, or removed.
- Subsequent damage to other components.
- Any product purchased outside the U.S.
- Any product not purchased from an Authorized Rockford Fosgate Dealer.
Limit on Implied Warranties
Any implied warranties including warranties of fitness for use and merchantability are limited in duration to the period of the express warranty set forth above. Some states do not allow limitations on the length of an implied warranty, so this limitation may not apply. No person is authorized to assume for Rockford Fosgate any other liability in connection with the sale of the product.
How to Obtain Service
Contact the Authorized Rockford Fosgate Dealer you purchased this product from. If you need further assistance, call 1-800-669-9899 for Rockford Customer Service. You must obtain an RA# (Return Authorization number) to return any product to Rockford Fosgate. You are responsible for shipment of product to Rockford.
This product meets the current EU warranty requirements, see your Authorized dealer for details