the Nutri Juicer® Plus
SAGE® RECOMMENDS SAFETY FIRST
At Sage® we are very safety conscious. We design and manufacture consumer products with the safety of you, our valued customer, foremost in mind. In addition we ask that you exercise a degree of care when using any electrical appliance and adhere to the following precautions.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE AND SAVE FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
- A downloadable version of this document is also available at sageappliances.com
- Before using for the first time ensure your electricity supply is the same as shown on the label on the underside of the appliance.
- Remove and safely discard any packaging materials before first use.
- To eliminate a choking hazard for young children, safely discard the protective cover fitted to the power plug.
- This appliance is for household use only. Do not use the appliance for anything other than its intended use. Do not use in moving vehicles or boats. Do not use outdoors. Misuse may cause injury.
- Fully unwind the power cord before operating.
- Position the appliance on a stable, heat resistant, level, dry surface away from the edge and do not operate on or near a heat source such as a hot plate, oven or gas hob.
- Vibration during operation may cause the appliance to move.
- Do not let the power cord hang over the edge of a bench or table, touch hot surfaces or become knotted.
- Always ensure the appliance is turned OFF, unplugged at the power outlet and has been allowed to cool before cleaning, attempting to move or storing.
- Always turn the appliance to the OFF position, switch off at the power outlet and unplug at the power outlet when the appliance is not in use.
- Do not use the appliance if the power cord, plug, or appliance becomes damaged in any way. If damaged or maintenance other than cleaning is required, please contact Sage Customer Service or go to sageappliances.com
- Any maintenance other than cleaning should be performed by an authorised Sage® service centre.
- Children should not play with the appliance.
- Cleaning of the appliance should not be carried out by children unless they are 8 years or older and supervised.
- The appliance and its cord should be kept out of reach of children aged 8 years and younger.
- The installation of a residual current safety switch is recommended to provide additional safety when using all electrical appliances. Safety switches with a rated operating current not more than 30mA are recommended. Consult an electrician for professional advice.
- Always ensure the appliance is properly assembled before use. The appliance will not operate unless properly assembled.
- Do not use the appliance on a sink drain board.
- Keep hands, fingers, hair, clothing as well as spatulas and other utensils away from moving or rotating parts during operation.
- Do not use the appliance for anything other than food and/or beverage preparation.
- In order to avoid the possible hazard of the appliance starting by itself due to inadvertent resetting of the overload protection, do not attach an external switching device (such as a timer) or connect the appliance to a circuit that can regularly switch the appliance on and off.
- Carefully read all instructions before operation and save for future reference.
- The appliance can be used by persons with reduced physical or mental capabilities or a lack of experience and knowledge, only if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
- This appliance shall not be used by children.
- Do not leave the appliance unattended when in use.
- Do not push food into the feed chute with your fingers or other utensils. Always use the food pusher provided. Do not place hand or fingers into the food chute when it is attached to the appliance.
- Do not juice stone fruit unless seeds and/or stones have been removed.
- Make sure the stainless steel filter basket has stopped rotating and the motor has completely stopped before releasing the safety locking arm and/or attempting to move the appliance, when the juicer is not in use, and before disassembling, cleaning and storing.
- Any significant spillage onto the surface under or around the appliance, or onto the appliance itself, should be cleaned and dried before continuing to use the appliance.
- Be careful when handling the stainless steel filter basket as the small cutting blades at the base of the filter basket are very sharp. Mishandling may cause injury.
- Remove rind from all citrus fruit before juicing.
- Do not use the appliance if the rotating sieve (filter basket) or lid is damaged.
- Always make sure juicer cover is clamped securely in place before motor is turned on.
Do not unfasten interlock arm while juicer is in operation.
The symbol shown indicates that this appliance should not be disposed of in normal household waste. It should be taken to a local authority waste collection centre designated for this purpose or to a dealer providing this service. For more information, please contact your local council office.
To protect against electric shock, do not immerse the power plug, cord or appliance in water or any liquid.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
A. Unique Direct Central Feed System
B. 84mm extra wide feed chute
C. Juicer cover (Top shelf dishwasher safe).
D. 3 litre pulp container (Top shelf dishwasher safe).
E. Stylish stainless steel design
F. ON / OFF switch
G. LCD speed indicator
H. Electronic variable speed control dial
I. Food pusher
J. Die-cast metal interlocking safety arm
K. Filter basket (top shelf dishwasher safe).
L. Motor drive coupling
M. Filter bowl surround (Top shelf dishwasher safe).
N. 1.2 litre juice jug and lid (top shelf dishwasher safe).
O. Heavy duty motor
P. Custom designed juice nozzle (top shelf dishwasher safe).
Q. Cleaning Brush (top shelf dishwasher safe).
R. Froojie® Insert
S. Froojie® Disc
T. Nutri Disc™
U. Built in froth separator
V. Juice jug lid
BEFORE FIRST USE
Before using your juicer for the first time, remove any packaging material and promotional stickers and labels. Ensure the appliance is switched off at the power outlet and the power cord is unplugged.
Wash the filter bowl surround, Nutri Disc™, juicer cover, Froojie® Disc, Froojie® Insert, food pusher, pulp container and juice jug and lid in warm, soapy water with a soft cloth. Rinse and dry thoroughly. The motor base can be wiped with a damp cloth. Dry thoroughly.
FOR USE WITH JUICE EXTRACTOR
1. Place the motor base on a flat, dry surface such as a bench top. Ensure that the motor base is switched OFF at the control panel, then switch the appliance off at the power outlet and unplug the cord.
2. Place the filter bowl surround on top of the motor base.
3. Align the arrows at the base of the Nutri Disc™ with the arrows on the motor drive coupling and push down until it clicks into place. Ensure the Nutri Disc™ is fitted securely inside the filter bowl surround and onto the motor base.
4. Place the juicer cover over the filter bowl surround, positioning the feed chute over the juice disc and lower into position.
5. Raise the safety locking arm up and locate it into the two grooves on either side of the juicer cover. The safety locking arm should now be in a vertical position and locked into place on top of the juicer cover.
6. Slide the food pusher down the feed chute by aligning the groove of the food pusher, with the small protrusion on the inside top of the feed chute. Continue to slide the food pusher down into the feed chute.
7. Place the pulp container into position by tilting the base of the pulp container away from the motor base and slide the top of the pulp container over the bottom of the juice cover. Tilt the base of the pulp container back into the motor base ensuring it is supported by the container support extending from under the motor base.
To minimise cleaning, line the pulp container with a plastic freezer bag to collect the pulp. Pulp can then be used in other dishes, or as compost for the garden or discarded.
8. Place the juice jug provided under the spout on the right-hand side of the juicer. The juice jug lid can be used to avoid any splatter. Alternatively you can fit the custom-designed juice nozzle over the juice spout and place a glass underneath. The juice nozzle will prevent splatter, ensuring mess free juicing.
FOR USE WITH FROOJIE® EXTRACTOR
1. Place the filter bowl surround on the top of the motor base.
2. Place the Froojie® Disc into the filter bowl surround and onto the motor drive coupling. Push down until it clicks into place. Ensure the Froojie® Disc is fitted securely inside the filter bowl surround and onto the motor base.
Never use Froojie® Disc without Froojie® Insert. They must always be used together.
3. Place the Froojie® Insert into the filter bowl surround, making sure the warning label on the handle is facing upwards.
To assemble remaining parts follow steps 4-7 listed on previous page.
There is no need to use pulp container when using Froojie® extractor.
PREPARATION OF FRUIT AND VEGETABLES FOR FROOJIE® EXTRACTOR
Only soft fruits should be used with the Froojie® extractor.
When using fruits with hard inedible skins, such as mangoes, pineapple or kiwi fruit, always peel before juicing.
When using fruits with a hard core such as pineapple, always remove this before juicing.
All fruits with pits, hard seeds or stones such as nectarines, peaches, mangoes and apricots must be pitted or deseeded before juicing.
Passionfruit pulp, peeled kiwi fruit and berries can be processed without removing seeds.
When using the Froojie® extractor, use low speed (speed 1). Always ensure motor is running before adding fruit and/or vegetables to feed tube.
|Apricots (stone removed)
|Kiwi fruit (peeled)
|Mangoes (peeled, stone removed)
|Pears soft (stalk and core removed)
|Pineapple (peeled and cored
|Strawberries (stalks removed)
|Watermelon (peeled, seeds removed)
|Use speed 2 to push out any remaining fruit pulp in juice collector
Do not put hard fruit and vegetables (i.e. Carrots, apples, fresh beetroot, etc.) or ice through juicer when using Froojie® extractor. This could damage parts of the unit.
PREPARATION OF FRUIT AND VEGETABLES FOR JUICE EXTRACTOR SPEED SELECTOR TABLE
|FRUIT / VEGETABLES
|Apricots (stone removed)
|Beetroot (cleaned, trimmed)
|Brussel Sprouts (trimmed)
|Cucumber – soft skinned
|Kiwi fruit (peeled)
|Mangoes (peeled, stone removed)
|Nectarines (stone removed)
|Peaches (stone removed
|Pears – hard (stalks removed)
|Pears – soft (stalks removed)
|Plums (stone removed)
Care and Cleaning
Ensure the juicer is turned off by pressing the ON / OFF button on the control panel to OFF. Then switch the appliance off at the power outlet and unplug the cord. Ensure the juicer is correctly disassembled.
FOR EASIER CLEANING
- Clean as you go and avoid dried on juice or pulp residue.
- Immediately after each use, rinse removable parts in hot water to remove wet pulp. Allow parts to air dry.
- To minimise cleaning, line the pulp container with a plastic freezer bag to collect the pulp. Pulp can then be used in other dishes or as compost for the garden or discarded.
CLEANING THE MOTOR BASE
- Wipe the motor base with a soft, damp cloth then dry thoroughly.
- Wipe any excess food particles from the power cord.
Do not use abrasive scouring pads or cleaners when cleaning the parts or motor base as they may scratch the surface.
CLEANING THE FILTER BOWL SURROUND, JUICER COVER, FROOJIE® INSERT, FOOD PUSHER, PULP CONTAINER
- Wash all parts in warm soapy water with a soft cloth. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
The filter bowl surround, juicer cover and pulp container are dishwasher safe (top shelf only).
The Froojie® Insert is not dishwasher safe. Please wash in warm water.
CLEANING THE JUICE JUG
- Rinse the juice jug and lid with froth attachment under running water.
- Wash both parts in warm soapy water with a soft cloth. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- The juice jug and lid are dishwasher safe (top shelf only).
- Discolouration of the plastic may occur with strongly coloured fruit and vegetables. To help prevent this, wash parts immediately after use. If discolouration does occur, the plastic parts can be soaked in water with 10% lemon juice or they can be cleaned with a non abrasive cleaner.
Do not immerse the motor base in water or any other liquid. The centre of the juice disc and feed chute contains small sharp blades to process fruit and vegetables during the juicing function. Do not touch blades when handling the juice disc or feed chute.
CLEANING THE JUICE DISC
For consistent juicing results always ensure that the juice disc is thoroughly cleaned using the supplied cleaning brush.
- Soak the juice disc in hot soapy water for approximately 10 minutes immediately after juicing is completed. If pulp is left to dry on the filter it may clog the fine pores of the filter mesh thereby lessening the effectiveness of the juicer.
- Using the cleaning brush, hold the juice disc under running water and brush from the inside of the basket to the outer rim. Avoid touching the small sharp blades in the centre of the juice disc. After cleaning the juice disc, hold it up towards a light to ensure the fine mesh holes are not blocked. If the holes are blocked, soak the juice disc in hot water with 10% lemon juice to loosen the blocked holes. Alternatively, wash the juice disc in the dishwasher.
- The juice disc is dishwasher safe (top shelf only).
- Do not soak the juice disc in bleach or other abrasive cleansers.
- Always treat the juice disc with care as it can be easily damaged.
|Machine will not work when switched ON
|• The safety locking arm may not be correctly engaged in the vertical operating position with the locking arm located into the two grooves on either side of the juicer cover.
|Motor appears to stall when juicing
|• Wet pulp can build up under the juicer cover if the juicing action is too vigorous. Try slower juicing action by pushing the food pusher down more slowly. Follow cleaning instructions and clean the filter bowl surround, the juice disc and the juicer cover.
• The juicer will automatically stop operating if the motor is stalled for more than 10 seconds. Either too much food is being processed at one time or the pieces are not small enough. Try trimming the food or cutting into smaller pieces of even size and processing a smaller amount per batch. To continue juicing, reset the juicer by pressing the ON / OFF switch on the control panel to OFF then turn the appliance back on by pressing ON / OFF switch to ON.
• Hard fruits and vegetables will put excess strain onto the motor if a low speed is selected. Please refer to the juicing guide to determine the correct speed for the fruits and vegetables selected for juicing.
|Excess pulp building up the Stainless Steel Filter Disc
|• Stop the juicing process, remove the juicer cover, scrape off pulp, reassemble and begin juicing again. Try alternating (soft and hard) vegetable and fruit varieties.
|Pulp too wet and reduced extracted juice
|• Try a slower juicing action.
• Remove juice disc and thoroughly clean mesh walls with a cleaning brush. Rinse the juice disc under hot water. If the fine mesh holes are blocked, soak the basket in a solution of hot water with 10% lemon juice to unblock the holes or wash in the dishwasher.
This will remove excess fibre build up (from fruit or vegetables) which could be inhibiting the juice flow.
|Juice leaks between the rim of the juicer cover
|• Try a slower juicing speed and push the food pusher down the feed chute more slowly.
|Juice sprays out from spout
|• Use juice jug and lid provided, or if juicing into a glass use the custom designed juice nozzle.
• Try using fruits with more water content to help flush through the contents. Additionally, try a slower juicing action by feeding one piece in at a time and by pushing the food pusher down more slowly.
|When using the Froojie® extractor, the filter bowl surround becomes full and clogs its spout
|• Try using fruits with more water content to help flush through the contents. Additionally, try a slower juicing action by feeding one piece in at a time and by pushing the food pusher down more slowly.
|Overheating with excessive loads.
|• The juicer is fitted with a safety device which safeguards against overheating with excessive loads. If overheating occurs, the juicer will automatically activate the overload protection device and the unit will switch itself off. When the overload protection is activated, unplug the juicer from the power outlet for at least 15 minutes to allow the unit to cool. Then plug the juicer into the power outlet and use as normal.
2 YEAR LIMITED GUARANTEE AND 5 YEAR LIMITED MOTOR GUARANTEE
Sage Appliances guarantees this product for domestic use in specified territories for 2 years for all parts of the product and 5 years for the product’s motor from the date of purchase against defects caused by faulty workmanship and materials.
During this guarantee period Sage Appliances will repair, replace, or refund any defective product (at the sole discretion of Sage Appliances).
All legal warranty rights under applicable national legislation will be respected and will not be impaired by our guarantee. For full terms and conditions on the guarantee, as well as instructions on how to make a claim, please visit www.sageappliances.com.
BRG Appliances Limited
Unit 3.2, Power Road Studios, 114 Power Road, London, W4 5PY
Freephone (UK Landline): +44 (0)808 178 1650
Mobile Calls (National Rate): 0333 0142 970
Registered in England & Wales No. 8223512.
• Due to continued product improvement, the products illustrated or photographed in this document may vary slightly from the actual product.
Copyright BRG Appliances 2019.
SJE520 UG1 C19