SENCOR Electric Kettle
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- This appliance may be used by children 8 years of age and older and by persons with physical or mental impairments or by inexperienced persons if they are properly supervised or have been in-formed about how to use of the pro- duct in a safe manner and understand the potential dangers. Cleaning and maintenance performed by the user must not be performed by children unless they are older than 8 years of age and under supervision. Keep this appliance and the power cord out of reach of children younger than 8 years of age.
- Children must not play with the appliance.
- Before connecting the variable temperature kettle to a power socket check that the voltage stated on the rating label matches the electrical voltage in the socket.
- Connect the variable temperature kettle only to a properly grounded socket.
- The variable temperature kettle is designed for domestic use and similar places such as:
- staff kitchens in stores, ofﬁces and other workplaces;
- hotel or motel rooms and other living areas;
- bed and breakfast establishments;
- agricultural farms
- Do not use the variable temperature kettle outdoors.
- Do not place the variable temperature kettle on window sills or on unstable surfaces. Always place the variable temperature kettle on a stable, even and dry surface.
- Never use the variable temperature kettle in the near vicinity of a bath, shower or swimming pool.
- Only use the variable temperature kettle with the base that was supplied with it. Do not use the base supplied with this variable temperature kettle for other types of kettles.
- Use the variable temperature kettle only for boiling water.
- If the variable temperature kettle is overﬁlled, then boiling water could splash out.
- Don’t move the kettle lid or open it while the water is boiling
- The body of the kettle is heated up while water is boiled. Do not touch the hot surface. This could cause skin burns. Use the handle for lifting and carrying the variable temperature kettle.
- Pay extra attention when handling a kettle ﬁlled with hot water.
- The variable temperature kettle is protected against damage caused by accidentally running it without water.
- If the variable temperature kettle is running, do not leave it unattended.
- Always disconnect the variable temperature kettle from the power socket if you will not be using it or before moving or cleaning it.
- Do not place the variable temperature kettle on an electric or gas stove or in its vicinity, do not place it in the vicinity of an open ﬁre or an appliance that is a source of heat.
- Ensure that the power cord does not come into contact with water or moisture.
- Do not place heavy items on the power cord. Make sure the power cord does not hang over the edge of a table, or that it does not touch a hot surface.
- Do not disconnect the variable temperature kettle from the power socket by pulling on the power cord. This could damage the power cord or the power socket. Disconnect the cord from the power socket by gently pulling the plug of the power cord.
- Do not use the variable temperature kettle if it has fallen on the ﬂoor, has visible signs of damage or if it is leaking.
- If the power cord is damaged, have it replaced at a professional service centre. It is forbidden to use the variable temperature kettle if it has a damaged power cord or plug.
- To avoid the danger of injury by electrical shock, do not repair the variable temperature kettle yourself or make any adjustments to it. All repairs of this variable temperature kettle should be carried out at an authorized service centre. By tampering with the appliance you risk voiding your legal rights arising from unsatisfactory performance or quality warranty.
DESCRIPTION OF THE KETTLE
BEFORE FIRST USE
- Remove all wrapping material from the kettle and its base.
- Fill the kettle with clean water up to the maximum water mark. Boil the water and empty the contents of the kettle. Repeat this process 2 to 3 times.
Note: To boil water in the kettle proceed according to the instructions in chapter Using the kettle
- Now the kettle is ready for use and for preparing warm beverages, etc.
USING THE KETTLE
- Set the desired length of the power cord. Push the power cord into the groove in the base. Place the base on a stable, even and clean surface.
- Fill the kettle with the required amount of water. The water level must reach at least the minimum mark (0.5 l) and must not exceed the maximum mark (1.5 l). You may ﬁll the kettle through the spout or through the opening after lifting the lid. To open the lid, press button A4. After ﬁlling the kettle with water, close the lid and push it down so that it is secured in the closed position.
Warning! Never ﬁll the kettle if it is located on the base.
If the kettle is overﬁlled, then boiling water could splash out.
- Place the kettle on the base. Insert the power plug into the an electrical power socket. Check that the lid of the kettle is closed.
- Start the kettle by moving the switch to position I (On). The power On light will illuminate.
Attention: Do not turn on the kettle if it is empty. The incorrect use of the kettle may negatively affect its lifetime. If you accidentally turn on the kettle without water, the thermostat will, after reaching a certain temperature, interrupt the electric circuit and the power On light will turn off. The kettle can be used again after several minutes, as soon as its stainless steel bottom has cooled down.
- As soon as water boils the kettle will turn off automatically and the power On light will turn off. Before taking the kettle off the base, check that it has turned itself off automatically. If it has not automatically turned itself off, turn off the kettle manually by moving the switch to position 0 (Off).
Note: The operation of the kettle can be interrupted at any time by moving the switch to position 0 (Off).
- Pour the boiled water into a prepared container, cup or mug. Make sure that the kettle remains in a horizontal position when it is carried, particularly if it is ﬁlled all the way up the maximum mark. If you wish to open the lid to reﬁll the kettle, ﬁrst empty all the contents from the kettle so that you are not scalded by the escaping steam.
- After you ﬁnish using the kettle, disconnect the power cord from the el. power socket. Empty the kettle and allow it to cool down.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
Cleaning the Filters
- The removable ﬁlter serves to capture scale deposits and prevent them from getting into the prepared beverage. Regularly clean the ﬁlter under running water using a ﬁne nylon brush or submerge it for several hours into a vinegar-water solution (recommended dilution ratio 1:2). After applying the solution rinse the ﬁlter under clean running water.
Cleaning the Kettle
- Regularly remove water scale deposits from inside the kettle based on how frequently the kettle is used. During standard use of the kettle (3 to 5 times per day), we recommend to remove water scale deposits:
- once per month in areas with hard and very hard water;
- once every two to three months in areas with soft and medium soft water.
- To remove water scale deposits it is possible to use:
- 8% white vinegar, generally available in stores. Put ½ l of vinegar into the kettle and allow it to settle for 2 hours without boiling. Then empty the kettle and before further use boil clean water in it four to ﬁve times.
- citric acid. Boil ½ l of water in the kettle, into the boiled water add 30 g of citric acid and allow it to settle for about 30 minutes. Then empty the kettle and before further use boil clean water in it four to ﬁve times.
- To clean the exterior of the kettle use a dry cloth or a cloth dipped in a weak solution of neutral kitchen detergent. After applying the kitchen detergent, wipe the surface with a lightly damp cloth and then wipe dry.
- To clean the base use only a dry cloth.
- To clean the kettle and the base never use cleaning agents causing abrasion, petrol, solvents, etc.
Nominal Voltage —————————————————————- 220–240 V
Nominal Frequency ———————————————————— 50 Hz
Rated Power Input ————————————————————– 2200 W
Capacity ————————————————————————— 1.5 l
INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION REGARDING THE DISPOSAL OF USED PACKAGING MATERIALS
Dispose of packaging material at a public waste disposal site
DISPOSAL OF USED ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT
- The meaning of the symbol on the product, its accessory or packaging indicates that this product shall not be treated as household waste. Please, dispose of this product at your applicable collection point for the recycling of electrical & electronic equipment waste. Alternatively in some states of the European Union or other European states you may return your products to your local retailer when buying an equivalent new product. The correct disposal of this product will help save valuable natural resources and help in preventing the potential negative impact on the environment and human health, which could be caused as a result of improper liquidation of waste. Please ask your local authorities or the nearest waste collection centre for further details. The improper disposal of this type of waste may fall subject to national regulations for ﬁnes.
- For business entities in the European Union
If you wish to dispose of an electrical or electronic device, request the necessary information from your seller or supplier.
- Disposal in other countries outside the European Union
If you wish to dispose of this product, request the necessary information about the correct disposal method from local government departments or from your seller.