IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
To reduce the risk of electric shock, this vacuum cleaner has a polarized
plug (one blade is wider than the other). As a safety feature, this plug will
fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the
outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician.
DO NOT force into outlet or try to modify to fit.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK OR INJURY
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be
followed, including the following:
- Your vacuum cleaner may consist
of a motorized nozzle, wand, hose,
and/or vacuum pod. This device
contains electrical connections,
electrical wiring, and moving
parts that potentially present risk
to the user.
- Use only identical replacement parts.
- Carefully observe and follow
the instructions provided below
to avoid improper use of the
appliance. DO NOT use the vacuum
for any purpose other than those
described in this manual.
- Before use, carefully inspect all
parts for any damage. DO NOT
use if any parts are damaged.
- The use of an extension cord is
- This vacuum cleaner contains
no serviceable parts.
- This appliance can be used by
persons with reduced physical,
sensory or mental capabilities or
lack of experience and knowledge
if they have been given supervision
or instruction concerning use of
the appliance in a safe way and
understand the hazards involved.
Cleaning and user maintenance shall
not be made by children. Keep the
appliance and its cord out of reach of
children. DO NOT allow the appliance
to be used by children. DO NOT allow
to be used as a toy. Close supervision
is necessary when used near children.
- Always turn off the vacuum cleaner
before connecting or disconnecting
any motorized nozzles or other
- DO NOT handle plug or vacuum
cleaner with wet hands.
- DO NOT use without filters in place.
- Only use Shark® branded filters
- DO NOT damage the power cord:
a) DO NOT pull or carry vacuum
cleaner by the cord or use the
cord as a handle.
b) DO NOT unplug by pulling
on cord. Grasp the plug, not
c) DO NOT run the vacuum cleaner
over the power cord, close a
door on the cord, pull the cord
around sharp corners, or leave
the cord near heated surfaces.
- DO NOT put any objects into nozzle
or accessory openings. DO NOT use
with any opening blocked; keep free
of dust, lint, hair, and anything that
may reduce airflow.
- DO NOT use if nozzle or accessory
airflow is restricted. If the air
paths or the motorized floor
nozzle become blocked, turn the
vacuum cleaner off and unplug
from electrical outlet. Remove all
obstructions before you plug in
and turn on the unit again. SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE
- Keep nozzle and all vacuum
openings away from hair, face,
fingers, uncovered feet, or
- DO NOT use if vacuum cleaner is
not working as it should, or has
been dropped, damaged, left
outdoors, or dropped into water.
- Use extra care when cleaning
- DO NOT leave the vacuum cleaner
unattended while plugged in.
- When powered on, keep the
vacuum cleaner moving over the
carpet surface at all times to avoid
damaging the carpet fibers.
- DO NOT place vacuum cleaner
on unstable surfaces such as chairs
- Your Shark® vacuum may not
be designed to stand up on its own.
When taking a break from cleaning,
you may need to lean it against
furniture or a wall, or lay it flat
on the floor. Using the vacuum
for an application where the unit
lacks stability may result in
- DO NOT use to pick up:
b) Large objects
c) Hard or sharp objects
(glass, nails, screws, or coins)
d) Large quantities of dust (drywall
dust, fireplace ash, or embers).
DO NOT use as an attachment to
power tools for dust collection.
e) Smoking or burning objects
(hot coals, cigarette butts,
f) Flammable or combustible
materials (lighter fluid, gasoline,
g) Toxic materials (chlorine bleach,
ammonia, or drain cleaner)
- DO NOT use in the following areas:
a) Poorly lit areas
b) Wet or damp surfaces
c) Outdoor areas
d) Spaces that are enclosed and
may contain explosive or toxic
fumes or vapors (lighter fluid,
gasoline, kerosene, paint,
paint thinners, mothproofing
substances, or flammable dust)
- Turn off all controls before plugging
in or unplugging the vacuum.
- Unplug from electrical outlet
when not in use and before
any maintenance or cleaning.
- Hand wash with water only.
Washing with cleaning chemicals
could damage the unit.
- During cleaning or routine
maintenance, DO NOT cut anything
other than hair, fibers, or string
wrapped around the brushroll.
- Allow all filters to air-dry completely
before replacing in the vacuum to
prevent liquid from being drawn
into electric parts.
- Make sure the dust cup and all
filters are in place after routine
- If provided, secure the power
cord around the two cord hooks during storage.
- Insert Wand into Floor Nozzle.
- Insert Handheld Vacuum into wand.
Ensure all connections click securely into place.
Slide switch to the bottom to turn off power. To begin
vacuuming, slide switch to the appropriate setting.
Bare Floor/Small Area Rugs
The brushrolls spin slowly to clean bare floors and
small area rugs.
The brushrolls spin faster to pick up debris below
the surface of your carpets.
NOTE: For deep cleaning per ASTM F 608 (embedded dirt in carpets) please use setting II, Carpet.
NOTE: Select Carpet for stuck-on dust and debris.
To clean floors, place foot on floor nozzle
and tilt handheld vacuum back.
Detach the wand for more reach to clean
baseboards, ceiling fans, window sills, and other
hard-to-access areas. Stand the vacuum upright,
then step on the foot pedal on the left side of the
floor nozzle and pull the wand up to disconnect it.
Press the Wand Release button to lift the handheld
vacuum off the wand. Great for cleaning stairs and
NOTE: All accessories are compatible with both the wand and the handheld vacuum.
NOTE: Not all accessories come with all units. Please see the enclosed Quick Start Guide for your unit’s
configuration. To order additional accessories, visit sharkaccessories.com.
A Crevice Tool
Clean in tight spaces or reach baseboards and
ceilings with this slim crevice tool. Various lengths
available depending on the vacuum model.
B Wide Upholstery Tool
Perfect for grabbing pet hair and lint from
furniture and other upholstered surfaces.
C Dusting Brush
Dust a multitude of surfaces such as shelves,
baseboards, window/door frames, and much more.
Turn the brush head to adjust the angle to the
surface you’re cleaning.
D Home & Car Detail Kit
Deep-clean your car like a professional detailer, or
clean hard-to-reach areas in your home. Microsized
tools let you clean around delicate objects
and access the smallest spaces like car vents and
E Dust-Away® Hard Floor Attachment with
Direct suction for cleaning big crumbs and debris.
The washable, reusable microfiber pad dusts
hardwood and tile floors.
F Hard Floor Hero™
Provides outstanding hard floor cleaning not
just for surface litter, but also for stuck-on dust
and debris. It is small enough to get into
G Under-Appliance Wand
Clean under and behind hard-to-move appliances
and furniture with this adjustable 36” tool. Flip
the extension piece over to clean the underside of
H Wall Mount
Install the mount to hang your vacuum on the wall
for convenient storage. Includes screws, anchors,
and instruction sheet with mounting template for
I Onboard Storage Clip
Removable clip attaches to the vacuum wand.
Can hold up to two accessories at a time while
cleaning or for storage.
J Anti-Allergen Dust Brush
Features nylon fiber bristles specifically
designed for removing fine dust and allergen
particles from the most delicate surfaces.
IMPORTANT: Unplug the vacuum before performing any maintenance
EMPTYING THE DUST CUP
Empty the dust cup each time you vacuum and periodically during cleaning, when debris in the dust cup reaches the MAX fill line.
Press the wand release button and lift the handheld
vacuum off the wand.
Press the Empty button on the front of the dust cup.
IMPORTANT: Unplug the vacuum before performing any maintenance.
Perform regular maintenance on your filters to keep your vacuum’s suction power optimal.
IMPORTANT: To prevent damage, rinse filters with water ONLY. DO NOT use soap. Allow filters to air-dry for
at least 24 hours before reinstalling them to prevent liquid from being drawn into electric parts.
The Pre-Motor Filters should be washed
once a month.
The Post-Motor Filter should be washed
once every 9 months.
Replacement Pre-Motor Filter Kit Replacement Post-Motor Filter
(Foam & Felt) XFFV300
XFFV300 Clean once a year
Clean once a month.
NOTE: The pre-motor filters should be
replaced every 2.5 years. The post-motor filter
should be replaced every 3 years.
Remove the wand from the handheld vacuum and
check all dust cup intake openings
Detach the wand and check it for blockages.
Detach the wand, then use the edge of a coin to
open the three locks on the bottom of the floor
nozzle. Remove the cover, then tilt back the neck
of the floor nozzle and check the opening for
blockages. Replace cover, pressing down firmly on all
sides before turning locks clockwise to close.
CLEANING THE BRUSHROLLS
- Use the edge of a coin to open the three locks on the bottom of the floor nozzle.
- Run scissors along the groove in the brushroll to cut or clear away any string, carpet fibers, hair, or other debris.
- To reinstall the cover, line it up, then rotate down until it clicks into place. Use the edge of a coin to close
the three locks on the bottom of the nozzle.
Vacuum is not picking up debris. No suction or light suction.
(Refer to Maintenance section for more information.)
- Check filters to see if they need cleaning. Follow instructions for rinsing and completely air-drying the
filters before reinserting in the vacuum.
- Dust cup may be full; empty dust cup.
- Check floor nozzle for blockages; clear blockages if required.
- Remove any string, carpet fibers, or hair that may be wrapped around the brushroll.
- Ensure the base is locked in place by lining it up along the front of the nozzle and rotate down to snap
into place until you hear a click. Lock the three locks.
Vacuum lifts area rugs.
- Suction is powerful. Take care when vacuuming area rugs or rugs with delicately sewn edges.
- Turn off the unit to disengage the brushroll. To restart, slide the power switch to setting I, Bare Floor/ Small Area Rugs.
Brushroll does not spin.
- If Brushroll Indicator Light on the floor nozzle turns red, the brushroll has stopped spinning. Immediately
turn off and unplug vacuum and remove blockage. Plug back into electrical outlet and turn vacuum on.
- If Brushroll Indicator Light on the floor nozzle is green, the blockage has been successfully cleared. If the
light is still red, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-798-7398.
Vacuum turns off on its own or if the indicator light flashes red.
This vacuum is equipped with a motor-protective thermostat so it will shut off if it overheats. Should this
occur, perform the following steps to restart the motor-protective thermostat:
- Turn vacuum off and unplug it.
- Empty dust cup and clean filters (see Maintenance section).
- Check for blockages in the hose, wand, handheld vacuum inlet openings, and accessories.
- Allow unit to cool for a minimum of 60 minutes.
- Plug in vacuum and turn it on.
FIVE (5) YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
The Five (5) Year Limited Warranty applies to purchases made from authorized retailers of SharkNinja
Operating LLC. Warranty coverage applies to the original owner and to the original product only and is
SharkNinja warrants that the unit shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of five (5) years from the date of purchase when it is used under normal household conditions and
maintained according to the requirements outlined in the Owner’s Guide, subject to the following conditions and exclusions:
What is covered by this warranty?
- The original unit and/or non-wearable components deemed defective, in SharkNinja’s sole discretion,
will be repaired or replaced up to five (5) years from the original purchase date.
- In the event a replacement unit is issued, the warranty coverage ends six (6) months following the receipt date of the replacement unit or the remainder of the existing warranty, whichever is later.
SharkNinja reserves the right to replace the unit with one of equal or greater value.
What is not covered by this warranty?
- Normal wear and tear of wearable parts (such as foam filters, HEPA filters, pads, etc.), which require
regular maintenance and/or replacement to ensure the proper functioning of your unit, are not covered by this warranty. Replacement parts are available for purchase at sharkaccessories.com.
- Any unit that has been tampered with or used for commercial purposes.
- Damage caused by misuse (e.g., vacuuming up water or other liquids), abuse, negligent handling,
failure to perform required maintenance (e.g., not cleaning the filters), or damage due to mishandling in transit.
- Consequential and incidental damages.
- Defects caused by repair persons not authorized by SharkNinja. These defects include damages caused
in the process of shipping, altering, or repairing the SharkNinja product (or any of its parts) when the
repair is performed by a repair person not authorized by SharkNinja.
- Products purchased, used, or operated outside North America
How to get service
If your appliance fails to operate properly while in use under normal household conditions within the warranty period, visit sharkclean.com for product care and maintenance self-help. Our Customer Service Specialists
are also available at 1-800-798-7398 to assist with product support and warranty service options, including the possibility of upgrading to our VIP warranty service options for select product categories.
SharkNinja will cover the cost for the customer to send in the unit to us for repair or replacement. A fee of $24.95 (subject to change) will be charged when SharkNinja ships the repaired or replacement unit.
How to initiate a warranty claim
You must call 1-800-798-7398 to initiate a warranty claim. You will need the receipt as proof of purchase.
A Customer Service Specialist will provide you with return and packing instruction information.
How state law applies
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights that vary from state to
state. Some states do not permit the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
RECORD THIS INFORMATION
Model Number: ________________________
Date Code: ____________________________
Date of Purchase: ______________________
Store of Purchase: ______________________
Benefits of registering your product and
creating an account:
- Get easier, faster product support and
access to warranty information
- Access troubleshooting and product care
- Be among the first to know about
exclusive product promotions
TIP: The model number is on the rating label
behind the dust cup.
TIP: The date code is on one of the prongs
of the power cord plug.
Voltage: 120V, 60Hz
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND KEEP FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
This Owner’s Guide is designed to help you get a complete understanding of your new
SharkNinja Operating LLC
US: Needham, MA 02494
CAN: Ville St-Laurent, QC H4S 1A7
Illustrations may differ from actual product. We are constantly striving to improve our products,
therefore the specifications contained herein are subject to change without notice. May be covered by one or more U.S. patents: sharkninja.com/uspatents/
© 2019 SharkNinja Operating LLC. DUST-AWAY, ROCKET, and SHARK are registered trademarks of SharkNinja Operating LLC.
HARD FLOOR HERO is a trademark of SharkNinja Operating LLC.
PRINTED IN CHINA