SHARP Digital Alarm Clock SPC276 User Manual
Thank you for your purchase of this quality clock. The utmost care has gone into the design and manufacture of your clock. Please read these instructions and store them in a safe place for future reference.
- PM indicator
- Alarm indicator
- TIME button
- SOUND button for sleep
- BLUETOOTH button
- ALARM button.
- SNOOZE/ DIMMER/ SLEEP TIME/ VOLUME (Rotary Dial)
- SLEEP mode LED
- BLUETOOTH LED
- DC SV jack
- Battery compartment
- Insert the AC adapter into a 120V AC – 60Hz mains outlet and the other end of the cord into the DC SV jack on the back of the unit.
Setting the Time
- Press and hold the TIME button for 2 seconds to activate time setting, the hour digit will flash. Use the DIAL to rotate to the correct hour. The PM indicator will appear when the hour is advanced into the PM time.
- After the hour is set, press the TIME button again, the minute digits will flash. Use the DIAL to rotate to the correct minute.
- Press the TIME button to save and exit the time setting or automatically save and exit after 20 seconds without any action.
Setting the Alarm
- Press and hold the ALARM button for 2 seconds to activate alarm setting, the hour digit will flash. Use the DIAL to rotate to the correct hour. The PM indicator will appear when the hour is advanced into the PM time.
- After the hour is set, press the ALARM button again, the minute digits will flash. Use the DIAL to rotate to the correct minute.
- After the minute is set, press the ALARM button again, the display will show 10 (default alarm volume is 10, max 16) use the DIAL to adjust the volume. As you rotate the DIAL the volume of the beep will correspond to the number on the display.
- Press the ALARM button to save and exit the alarm setting.
Using the Alarm
- Press the ALARM button, the ALARM indicator will light on the display and will sound at the preset time.
- Press the ALARM button again, the ALARM indicator will no longer be visible and the alarm will remain OFF.
Snooze Function (rotary dial button)
- When the wake-up alarm is sounding press SNOOZE/DIMMER dial to activate the SNOOZE, this will cause the alarm to pause and the alarm will sound again in 9 minutes. This will happen each time when the SNOOZE/DIMMER dial is pressed.
Dimmer Function (rotary dial button)
- Press the SNOOZE/DIMMER DIAL to use the display DIMMER. There are three levels of display brightness: High/ Medium / Low (High is the default setting)
- Press the BLUETOOTH button to enter BLUETOOTH mode. The PAIRING indicator will flash blue quickly. Using the native controls on your Bluetooth device (e.g. smartphone), select “SHARP” in your Bluetooth settings to pair.
- When successfully paired and connected, the PAIRING Indicator will display a solid blue light and a chime will sound from the unit.
- After initial pairing, the unit will stay paired unless unpaired manually by the user or canceled due to a reset of the Bluetooth device.
- Use the native controls on the connected Bluetooth device to select a track.
- To play or skip the selected track, use the native controls on the connected Bluetooth device.
- Audio played through the connected Bluetooth device will now be heard through the speakers.
- To adjust the volume, rotate the DIAL on the top of the unit.
- To turn off BLUETOOTH mode, press and hold the BLUETOOTH button for 2 seconds.
Playing Sleep Sounds
- To play soothing SLEEP SOUNDS press the SOUND button.
- Press the SOUND button again to cycle through the other sounds. (White Noise/ Pink Noise/ Brown Noise/ Rain/ Thunder/ Ocean)
- To adjust the volume, rotate the DIAL on the top of the unit.
- To turn off SLEEP SOUNDS, press and hold the SOUND button for 2 seconds.
Volume Control (rotary dial button)
- When playing a SLEEP SOUND or using BLUETOOTH, rotate the DIAL to increase or decrease the volume. The display will show the current volume level (volume level 0-16).
Sleep Timer Function (rotary dial button)
- When playing a SLEEP SOUND or using BLUETOOTH, press and hold the DIAL and rotate to set the SLEEP timer for 90 I 60 I 30 minutes. Release the dial when your desired SLEEP time is shown and press the dial again to confirm. The SLEEP SOUND or BLUETOOTH will automatically turn OFF to the set time.
- To view the remaining SLEEP time press the DIAL and the display will show the remaining sleep time.
Note: The dimmer function will not operate when the sleep timer is dive.
- Remove the BATTERY DOOR and insert 2 new “AAA” batteries (not included) in the direction of the polarity symbols.
- Please make sure the batteries are new and inserted correctly.
- The battery will hold the ALARM and TIME settings if the power is interrupted.
There will be no display under battery power and the ALARM will sound at the correct time. If there is no battery and the power is interrupted, the display will flash 12:00 and the ALARM/ TIME will need to be reset.
Care of Your Clock
- Replace the back up battery annually, or store the clock without a battery. When not in use. A soft cloth or a paper towel may be used to clean your clock. Do not use any corrosive cleanser or chemical solutions on the clock. Keep the clock clean and dry to avoid any problems.
- Only batteries of the same or equivalent type as recommended are to be used.
- Batteries are to be inserted with the correct polarity.
- The supply terminals are not to be short-circuited.
- Do not dispose of batteries in fire. Batteries may explode or leak.
§ 15.105 Information to the user.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment.
This equipment should be installed and operated with minimum distance 20cm between the radiator & your body.
DIGITAL ALARM CLOCK
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE OR
ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT EXPOSE THIS
APPLIANCE TO RAIN OR MOISTURE.
CAUTION: TO PREVENT ELECTRIC SHOCK DO NOT USE THIS (POLARIZED) PLUG WITH AN EXTENSION CORD, RECEPTACLE, OR OTHER OUTLET UNLESS THE BLADES CAN BE FULLY INSERTED TO PREVENT BLADE EXPOSURE.
Please read this before operating your unit.
The Bluetooth word and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
Important Safety Instructions
- Read these instructions -All the safety and operating instructions should be read before this product is operated.
- Keep these instructions -The safety and operating instructions should be retained for future reference.
- Heed all warnings -All warnings on the appliance and in the operating instructions should be adhered to.
- Follow all instructions – All operating and use instructions should be followed.
- Do not use this apparatus near water- The appliance should not be used near water or moisture – for example, in a wet basement or near a swimming pool, and the like.
- Clean only with dry cloth.
- Do not block any ventilation openings, Install in accordance with the manufacture’s instructions.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus ( including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding -type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the third prong are provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at the plugs, convenience receptacles, and at the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus. When a cart or rack is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip – over.
- Unplug the apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Refer all servicing to qualified personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
- Please keep the unit in a good ventilation environment.
- CAUTION: These servicing instructions are for use by qualified service personnel only. To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not perform any servicing other than that contained in the operating instructions unless you are qualified to do so.
WARNING: The mains plug is used as disconnect device, the disconnect device shall remain readily operable. This equipment is a Class II or double insulated electrical appliance. It has been designed in such a way that it does not require a safety connection to electrical earth. Do not install this equipment in a confined or building-in space such as a book case or similar unit, and remain a well ventilation conditions. The ventilation should not be impeded by covering the ventilation openings with items such as newspaper, table-cloths, curtains etc.
WARNING: All above markings were located on the external enclosure of the apparatus, except for label of Date Code was pasted inside the battery compartment. The apparatus shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing and that objects filled with liquids, such as vases, shall not be placed on apparatus.
Caution: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
WARNING: The battery shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like.
If customer service is needed, please email cluster – [email protected]
or call toll free at 1-800-221-0131 and ask for Customer Service.
Monday-Friday 9:00AM – 4:00 PM EST
One Year Limited Warranty
M.Z. Berger & Company warrants the original consumer purchaser of this product that it shall be free of defects in materials and workmanship for one year from the purchase date of this product. Defects caused by tampering, improper use, unauthorized modifications or repairs, immersion in water or abuse are not covered by this warranty. If a defect covered by this warranty occurs during the warranty period, wrap your clock carefully and send it to the following address:
M.Z. Berger & Co., Inc.
353 Lexington Ave – 14th Fl.
New York, NY 10016
You must include a poof of Purchase, either the original receipt or a photocopy and a check or money order for USD $6.00 to cover the cost of handling. Also include your return address inside the package. M.Z. Berger will repair or replace the clock and return it to you. M.Z. Berger will not be liable for any loss or damage, including incidental or consequential damages of any kind; from any breach of warranty either expressed or implied relating to the product. Since some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, this limitation may not apply to you.
Printed in China Model : SPC276