The Sodastream Terra Water Maker Kit is an innovative and eco-friendly way to enjoy sparkling water at home. Before using the product, it is important to read through the set up and safety instructions provided in the user manual on pages 13 and 15. These instructions include important information on how to properly install the CO2 Quick Connect Cylinder, how to carbonate water safely, and how to care for both the Sparkling Water Maker and Carbonating Bottle. It is also recommended to save these instructions and provide them to any subsequent users. The user manual also includes information on the Sodastream Limited Warranty, which provides peace of mind for customers. For more details and troubleshooting tips, customers can visit the support site at sodastream.com. With the Sodastream Terra Water Maker Kit, customers can enjoy fresh and bubbly sparkling water while reducing their environmental impact.
sodastream 1012811012 Terra Water Maker Kit
For your safety, please read the set up and safety instructions on pages 13 and 15 before using the Sparkling Water Maker. Save these instructions and provide them to any subsequent users. For more details and information regarding our sparkling water makers, including how to use and troubleshooting guide, please go to the support site at sodastream.com
ALL YOU NEED FOR A FRESH START
60L SodaStream® CO2 Cylinder (under license) makes up to 60L of sparkling water depending on the level of carbonation and type of sparkling water maker.
GET TO KNOW YOUR TERRA
COMPATIBLE WITH THE FOLLOWING ONLY:
*Check for compatibility on the Bottle pack.
QUICK CONNECT CO2 CYLINDER
Remember – your cylinder is reusable, when it runs out of CO2, simply bring it back and get it exchanged! PAY ONLY FOR THE CO2 REFILL. Get an extra cylinder so you never run out of bubbles!
Make sure to exchange the right CO2 cylinder for your sparkling water maker.
SNAP-LOCK SYSTEM BOTTLE INSERT
STUFF TO KNOW
To check if your bottle is dishwasher safe or not, look for one of these icons:
- The bottle’s expiration date is here
- DID YOU KNOW? 1 reusable bottle can save up to thousands of single use plastic bottles*
- *Based on GlobalData Plc Global Volume Packaging Database for years 2016-2019, compared to SodaStream Company Data
FIZZING THE MAGIC MOMENT!
PRO’S TIP: Cold water fizzes better. Keep an extra bottle in the fridge, so you always have one ready to sparkle!
Want some flavor with your fizz?
Try our range of flavors at: SODASTREAM.COM
FOR ONE SODASTREAM QUICK CONNECT CYLINDER NOT FOR SALE PROPERTY OF SODA-CLUB (CO2) ATLANTIC GMBH OR ITS AFFILIATES PROVIDED UNDER LICENSE AND PATENT PENDING
This is a legally binding document between Soda-Club (CO2) Atlantic GmbH of Switzerland or its affiliates (“SodaStream”) and the consumer regarding the right to use a SodaStream CO2 Quick Connect Cylinder (the “Cylinder”). The Cylinder is proprietary to SodaStream, patent pending and protected by other intellectual property rights. Further, to protect users’ safety and health, various directives and regulations govern and regulate the use, refilling, maintenance, retesting and repair of the Cylinder. SodaStream possesses the legally required knowledge and expertise to be responsible for strict legal compliance that can only be guaranteed if the Cylinder is maintained, examined, retested and refilled by it. Thus, the Cylinder remains the property of SodaStream and is provided under License.
- When empty, please return the Cylinder to either SodaStream or an authorized SodaStream distributor in exchange for a full Cylinder, for the price of the gas refill only. This License will continue to bind the use of each subsequent Cylinder.
- Refilling an empty Cylinder by third parties may infringe SodaStream’s intellectual property rights, including patents and other proprietary rights, may be risky and may violate certain laws. SodaStream only warrants the safety of Cylinders refilled by it, bearing a SodaStream tamper proof valve seal. You may not remove or change any proprietary notice appearing on or accompanying the Cylinders.
- If you return the Cylinder to SodaStream or an authorized SodaStream distributor, in good condition, without exchanging it for a full one, you will be entitled to a return fee of $1.
- The Cylinder, together with this User License, may be transferred to a third party provided the third party agrees to be bound by the conditions and ownership rights expressed herein. Possession of this User License proves the right of its holder to use one Cylinder under the terms herein. The laws of Switzerland govern this License. For questions, please contact SodaStream International BV, Dongenseweg 200, 5047 SH Tilburg, The Netherlands.
INSTALLING THE CO2 QUICK CONNECT CYLINDER
- Place the SodaStream® TerraTM Sparkling Water Maker on a flat sturdy surface and remove the back cover.
- Remove seal and cap from the SodaStream CO2 Quick Connect Cylinder.
WARNING! Never insert or replace the CO2 Quick Connect Cylinder while a Carbonating Bottle is installed in the Sparkling Water Maker. This can cause the Carbonating Bottle to be ejected or burst.
- Raise cylinder Pink Handle. Insert the CO2 Quick Connect Cylinder in the back of the Sparkling Water Maker.
- Lower cylinder Pink Handle.
- Reinstall the back cover. Now you are ready to create the bubbles.
SODASTREAM® CO2 QUICK CONNECT CYLINDER
Please note that the SodaStream® TerraTM is only compatible with the C02 Quick Connect Cylinder and is NOT compatible with the SodaStream® CO2 Screw System Cylinder or other cylinders.
CREATE THE BUBBLES
- Fill the Carbonating Bottle with cold water up to the fill line.
WARNING! Do not carbonate anything other than water. Other liquids can contaminate and clog internal parts, potentially resulting in excessive pressure, bottle failure during carbonation and serious injury. Never carbonate after flavoring has been added.
- To insert the Carbonating Bottle, make sure that the Carbonating Bottle rest is angled forward. Please make sure you do not pull the carbonating tube.
WARNING! Never use a Sparkling Water Maker with a broken carbonating tube. This can cause excessive pressure, bottle failure and serious injury. Insert the Carbonating Bottle neck into the Snap-Lock. Push the Carbonating Bottle up and back. The Snap-Lock will hold the Carbonating Bottle.
- To carbonate, press the carbonating button in short 1 second presses; 3 presses for standard carbonation and 5 presses for strong carbonation.
- When the desired level of carbonation is achieved, gently pull the Carbonating Bottle towards you until it reaches its fully forward position. This will release the pressure in the Carbonating Bottle and allow the Carbonating Bottle to be released from the Snap-Lock.
WARNING! Do not remove Carbonating Bottle until after hearing the sound of excess CO2 being released. Never force the Carbonating Bottle out of the Snap-Lock. Always allow the Sparkling Water Maker to release the Carbonating Bottle. If the Carbonating Bottle does not immediately release from the Snap-Lock wait a few
moments. If it still does not release, then push the Carbonating Bottleback into the vertical position and gently pull it towards you again. Attempting to remove the Carbonating Bottle while it is still pressurized can cause uncontrolled ejection of the Carbonating Bottle and may result in serious injury.
SPARKLING WATER MAKER CARE
- Never use abrasive cleaners or sharp tools to clean. If needed, use a mild liquid dish soap and a soft damp cloth to gently clean.
- Wipe spills to keep base dry.
- Do not place in water or wash in a dishwasher, doing so will seriously damage your Sparkling Water Maker.
CARBONATING BOTTLE CARE
- For Carbonating Bottles which are not “dishwasher safe”, to clean, rinse Carbonating Bottles with cold or lukewarm water. WARNING! Do not expose to heat above 50°C. Never wash or rinse in hot water. Do not wash in dishwasher.
- For “dishwasher safe” Carbonating Bottles, to clean, either wash in dishwasher or rinse Carbonating Bottles with cold or lukewarm water. WARNING! Do not expose to heat above 70°C.
FOR YOUR SAFETY
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS AND PROVIDE THEM TO ANY SUBSEQUENT USERS.
WARNING! Before using the Sparkling Water Maker, to reduce risk of personal injury and damage to
your product, please read this important safety information. Before allowing anyone to use your Sparkling Water Maker, please be sure they understand how to do so safely. Any servicing or repair should be performed by a SodaStream-authorized service representative. The Sparkling Water Maker is only intended for use by people over the age of 12. People with reduced physical or mental capabilities should only use the product if they are supervised by an adult responsible for their safety and after they have been given instruction concerning the safe use of the product.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF EITHER SERIOUS INJURY OR DAMAGE TO THE SPARKLING WATER MAKER DURING CARBONATION:
- Only use your Sparkling Water Maker in its upright position, on a flat, stable surface.
- Do not place your Sparkling Water Maker on a hot surface (e.g. kitchen oven/stove) and never use it close to a flame or leave in direct sunlight.
- Carbonate water only.
- Do not add flavor before carbonation. Other liquids (except water) can contaminate and clog internal parts, potentially resulting in excessive pressure and bottle failure during carbonation.
- Do not use the machine if the carbonating tube is broken or missing.
- Check that your Carbonating Bottle is properly connected before carbonating.
- Do not move your Sparkling Water Maker or remove the Carbonating Bottle during carbonation.
- Do not carbonate an empty Carbonating Bottle.
CARBON DIOXIDE CO2 CYLINDER
To reduce the risk of a CO2 leak, personal injury and property damage:
- Do not use any cylinder other than the SodaStream CO2 Quick Connect Cylinder compatible with the TerraTM Pink Handle System.
- Do not insert a CO2 Cylinder into the Sparkling Water Maker when a Carbonating Bottle is installed.
- Do not use if damaged. Inspect the CO2 Cylinder and CO2 Cylinder valve prior to use for dents, punctures, or other damage. If damaged, contact a SodaStream-authorized service representative.
- Do not tamper with the CO2 Cylinder in any way, including puncturing, incinerating or removing the valve.
- Do not expose the CO2 Cylinder to heat above 50°C. Protect from sunlight. Store in a well-ventilated area.
- Do not remove a CO2 Cylinder from the Sparkling Water Maker when it is being operated.
- Do not handle or remove a CO2 Cylinder while it is discharging CO2.
- In the event of a CO2 leak, ventilate the area, breathe fresh air and if feeling unwell seek immediate medical attention.
To reduce the risk of bottle failure which can result in personal injury and property damage:
- For Carbonating Bottles not marked as “dishwasher safe”, do not expose to heat above 50°C. Never wash or rinse in hot water. Do not wash in dishwasher.
- For “dishwasher safe” Carbonating Bottles, do not expose to heat above 70°C.
- Do not place the Carbonating Bottle next to a heat source such as your kitchen oven/stove.
- Do not leave the Carbonating Bottle in your car.
- Do not place the Carbonating Bottle in the freezer or in extreme cold below 1°C.
- Do not use the Carbonating Bottle if damaged, deformed, changes in shape, scratched, worn, or discolored.
- Do not use a Carbonating Bottle after its expiration date.
- Only carbonate with Carbonating Bottles specifically designed to work with this Sparkling Water Maker, as shown on page 5 above.
SODASTREAM LIMITED WARRANTY
SODASTREAM SPARKLING WATER MAKERS
Great care has been taken to ensure that your Sparkling Water Maker was delivered to you in good condition. SodaStream warrants, subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this limited warranty, that your Sparkling Water Maker will be free of defects in materials and workmanship under normal home use for 2 (two) years following the date of purchase. It is recommended that you register your Sparkling Water Maker online by visiting www.sodastream.com and completing the product registration form available on the website. If your Sparkling Water Maker malfunctions within the warranty period, and we determine the problem is due to faulty workmanship or materials, SodaStream will repair or replace it free of charge at SodaStream’s discretion within the limitations set out in this warranty. SodaStream may replace your Sparkling Water Maker with a reconditioned Sparkling Water Maker, or an equivalent one if the model you purchased is no longer available. No refunds shall be given. This limited warranty is available to consumers who purchased the Sparkling Water Maker for personal, family or household use.
This warranty DOES NOT cover damages to Sparkling Water Maker resulting from:
- Abuse, misuse, alteration of the Sparkling Water Maker, or commercial use.
- carbonating liquids other than water.
- Normal wear and tear (e.g. discoloration).
- Product malfunctions that were a result, in whole or in part, by alteration, disassembly, or repair of the Sparkling Water Maker by a servicer other than an authorized SodaStream Service Center.
- the use of CO2 Cylinders or carbonating bottles other than those approved by SodaStream for use with your Sparkling Water Maker.
- the use of the Sparkling Water Maker with an adapter connected to the Cylinder valve or to the Sparkling Water Maker.
- the use of an expired Carbonating Bottle.
- accident, shipment or anything other than normal household use.
This warranty DOES NOT cover the Carbonating Bottles and CO2 Cylinders. SodaStream is not liable for incidental or consequential damages. The consumer’s sole and exclusive remedy shall be repair or replacement according to the terms and conditions of this warranty. Some local laws do not allow the exclusion or limitation of these damages, so these exclusions may not apply to you. To the extent that this warranty is inconsistent with local law, this warranty shall be deemed modified to be consistent with such local law. You may also have other rights, which vary in accordance with local laws. The benefits given to the consumer by this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies that may be afforded to the consumer by law in relation to this Sparkling Water Maker.
TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE FOR YOUR SPARKLING WATER MAKER
If your Sparkling Water Maker is in need of warranty service, please contact SodaStream Customer Service by visiting www.sodastream.com. A SodaStream representative will give you specific instructions on how to arrange for the shipment of your Sparkling Water Maker, at your expense, to one of our authorized service centers. Only SodaStream, or its agents, are authorized to provide warranty repairs or service to your Sparkling Water Maker.
If SodaStream or its authorized agents determine that the malfunction or damage to your Sparkling Water Maker is not covered by the warranty, SodaStream will repair the Sparkling Water Maker only upon payment of the determined repair charge.
FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California residents may also obtain warranty service by returning any malfunctioning Sparkling Water Maker directly to a retail store that sells similar SodaStream products. At the retail store’s discretion, it may either replace the Sparkling Water Maker or arrange for shipment to a SodaStream repair facility. Sparkling Water Maker registration is not a prerequisite for warranty protection.
SODASTREAM CO2 QUICK CONNECT CYLINDERS
Your Sparkling Water Maker has been designed to operate with a SodaStream CO2 Quick Connect Cylinder. The use of other CO2 Cylinders is not recommended as they may not be compatible with a SodaStream Sparkling Water Maker. Damages resulting from the use of a cylinder other than a the SodaStream CO2 Quick Connect Cylinder or use of the SodaStream CO2 Quick Connect Cylinder not in accordance with the instructions included in this User Guide are not covered by the warranty. The SodaStream CO2 Quick Connect Cylinder is provided to you under license. The license allows you to exchange your empty Cylinder for a full one for the price of the CO2 only.
SODASTREAM CARBONATING BOTTLES
Your Sparkling Water Maker has been designed to operate with a compatible SodaStream Carbonating Bottle. Damages resulting from the use of a carbonating bottle other than a compatible SodaStream Carbonating Bottle or use of Carbonating Bottles not in accordance with the instructions included in this User Guide are not covered by the warranty. SodaStream Carbonating Bottles are available from authorized SodaStream retailers.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Any and all claims, complaints, demands for judgment or legal actions brought hereunder relating in any way to your Sparkling Water Maker, Carbonating Bottle or CO2 Quick Connect Cylinder shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State in which the SodaStream Sparkling Water Maker was purchased and will be subject to binding arbitration as set out under the heading “Dispute Resolution by Binding Arbitration”.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION BY BINDING ARBITRATION
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS.
- Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to any SodaStream product including, but not limited to, claims of personal injury and/or property damage, shall be submitted to arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance to its then existing Consumer Arbitration Rules. The AAA Rules are available online at www.adr.org, or by calling the AAA at 800.778.7879.
- The Federal Arbitration Act (Title 9 of the U.S. Code) shall govern the interpretation, enforcement, and proceedings relating to this arbitration.
- Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court. It uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, allows for more limited discovery than in court, and is subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. By agreeing to arbitration, the parties understand and agree that they are waiving their rights to maintain other available resolution processes, such as a court action or administrative proceeding, to settle their disputes.
- Any claim shall be brought only in the party’s individual capacity, and shall not in any case be brought by the party as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding.
- A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other, by certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”). The Notice to SodaStream should be addressed to SodaStream’s Corporate Office set out on www.sodastream.com (“Notice Address”). The Notice must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (b) set forth the specific relief sought. If an agreement to resolve the claim is not reached within 30 days after the Notice is received, any party may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by a party shall not be disclosed to the arbitrator.
- There shall be one arbitrator. The arbitrator shall have the power to rule on his or her own jurisdiction, including, but not limited to, any objections with respect to the existence, scope, or validity of the arbitration provision or to the arbitrability of any claim or counterclaim.
- The arbitrator’s award shall be binding on all parties, and judgment upon the award may be entered by any court of competent jurisdiction.
PRODUCT DISPOSAL INSTRUCTIONS
Please recycle your expired and damaged Carbonating Bottles in accordance with local recycling laws. The packaging in which SodaStream products are supplied is made of recyclable materials. Contact your local authority for further information on recycling.
MACHINE RATING INFORMATION
Maximum Working Pressure: 116 psi/8 bar Maximum Allowed Operating Temperature: 104°F/40°C SodaStream is a registered trademark of Soda-Club (CO2) Atlantic GmbH or its affiliates.
|Product||Sodastream Terra Water Maker Kit|
|CO2 Cylinder Capacity||60L|
|Compatibility||Compatible with specific bottles only (check for compatibility on the bottle pack)|
|CO2 Cylinder Type||Quick Connect Cylinder|
|Carbonation Levels||Standard (3 presses) and Strong (5 presses)|
|Cleaning Instructions||Sparkling Water Maker: Use a mild liquid dish soap and a soft damp cloth to gently clean. Carbonating Bottle: Rinse with cold or lukewarm water. Do not expose to heat above 50°C. Do not wash in dishwasher.|
|Age Limit||Intended for use by people over the age of 12. People with reduced physical or mental capabilities should only use the product if they are supervised by an adult responsible for their safety and after they have been given instruction concerning the safe use of the product.|
|Warranty||Sodastream Limited Warranty|
How do I properly install the CO2 Quick Connect Cylinder?
To properly install the CO2 Quick Connect Cylinder, raise the cylinder Pink Handle and insert the CO2 Quick Connect Cylinder in the back of the Sparkling Water Maker. Lower the cylinder Pink Handle and reinstall the back cover.
Can I carbonate liquids other than water with the Sodastream Terra Water Maker Kit?
No, it is not recommended to carbonate anything other than water with the Sodastream Terra Water Maker Kit as other liquids can contaminate and clog internal parts, potentially resulting in excessive pressure, bottle failure during carbonation, and serious injury.
Where can I find safety instructions for the Sodastream Terra Water Maker Kit?
Safety instructions for the Sodastream Terra Water Maker Kit can be found on pages 13 and 15 of the user manual.
What is the Sodastream Terra Water Maker Kit?
The Sodastream Terra Water Maker Kit is an eco-friendly way to enjoy sparkling water at home.
Can I add flavor before carbonation with the Sodastream Terra Water Maker Kit?
No, it is not recommended to add flavor before carbonation with the Sodastream Terra Water Maker Kit as other liquids (except water) can contaminate and clog internal parts, potentially resulting in excessive pressure and bottle failure during carbonation.
How do I carbonate water with the Sodastream Terra Water Maker Kit?
To carbonate water with the Sodastream Terra Water Maker Kit, fill the Carbonating Bottle with cold water up to the fill line, insert the Carbonating Bottle into the Snap-Lock, and press the carbonating button in short 1 second presses; 3 presses for standard carbonation and 5 presses for strong carbonation.
Can I wash my Sparkling Water Maker in a dishwasher?
No, it is not recommended to wash your Sparkling Water Maker in a dishwasher as doing so will seriously damage your Sparkling Water Maker.
What is the Sodastream Limited Warranty?
The Sodastream Limited Warranty provides peace of mind for customers. For more details on the warranty, please refer to the user manual or visit the support site at sodastream.com.
How can I get an extra CO2 cylinder?
You can get an extra CO2 cylinder by bringing your empty cylinder back and exchanging it for a full one. You only pay for the CO2 refill.
How do I care for my Carbonating Bottle?
For Carbonating Bottles which are not “dishwasher safe”, rinse Carbonating Bottles with cold or lukewarm water. For “dishwasher safe” Carbonating Bottles, either wash in dishwasher or rinse Carbonating Bottles with cold or lukewarm water. Do not expose to heat above 70°C.