Electronic Kitchen Scale
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
INSTRUCTIONS FOR UsE AND CARE
(Read the instructions before use)
- Max capacity: 5 kg/11 lb
- Accuracy: 1.0 g/0.05 oz
- Glass top weighing platform- easy to clean
- Automatic conversion feature metric/imperial
- Large easy to read LCD screen
- Zero and tare functions
- Low battery power indication and overload indicators
- Auto-zero and auto-off functions
- Requires two AAA batteries (included)
- Low battery power indicator ‘‘ ’’
- Overload indicator ‘‘ ’’
LCD SEGMENTS/ICONS ILLUSTRATIONS
Place the unit on a dry, flat, and solid ground surface, ensure the unit is standing stable.
- Press button (5) to turn on the unit.
- LCD will wake up showing all segments lit up. Then will show “0 g“
- Press button (4) to set the weighing unit by kg, gram, lb, or oz.
- Ensure the unit is stable and showing zero weight before using and wipe dry the glass platform to prevent slipping.
- When using a bowl, it is important to center it on the glass platform before turning the unit on.
- You can start weighing now. Always try to place objects at the center of the weighing platform/or in a bowl.
- Wait until LCD has stabilized. The reading shown on LCD will indicate the proper weight value of the object you are weighing.
When you are done using the scale, simply press button (5) to turn off the unit. Or simply leave the unit idle, it will automatically shut down by itself after 2 minutes when no further weighing activity is being performed.
ZERO AND TARE FUNCTION
The zero and tare functions allow you to weigh items consecutively without having to remove the mass already on the platform. For example, if you are using a bowl, these functions allow you to weigh the content of the bowl without counting the weight of the bowl.
A) When summing of all loads on scale ≤ 4% scale’s the max capacity (under 200 g), the LCD will show ‘‘0 g’’ each time Z/T is pressed. Icon ‘‘
O ’’ will show on the left corner of the LCD, indicating zero function is active. Max weight capacity is not reduced by tare amount if less than 200 g.
B) When the total sum of all loads on scale ≥ 4% scale’s the max capacity (under 200 g), the LCD will show ‘‘0 g’’ each time Z/T is pressed. Icon ‘‘TARE’’ will show on the left corner of the LCD, indicating tare function is active. Max weight capacity is reduced by tare amount.
MAINTENANCE, CLEANING, AND PROPER USAGE
- As the unit is a high-precision device, it is fragile and extremely sensitive. Avoid dropping the unit or subjecting the unit to high impacts as this will damage its function.
- Avoid pressing buttons too hard or using sharp objects when selecting functions.
- Use a dry soft fabric or a lightly damp soft fabric with mild detergent to wipe clean the device. Do not use strong chemical solutions such as alcohol, benzene for cleaning.
- All plastic parts should be cleaned immediately after contact with fats, spices, vinegar, and strongly flavored/colored foods. Avoid contact with acid citrus juices.
- Avoid exposing the unit to high temperatures like near ovens or open flames as this may damage the unit.
- Do not expose the unit to electromagnetic fields, like cordless phones, computers, transformers, etc., as this will interfere with the proper function of the electronics and the accuracy of the scale.
- Always use the scale on a hard flat surface. Do not use on carpets, mats.
- Do not insert any objects into any openings on the unit.
- Remove the battery if the unit is not going to be used for a long time and store it in a safe place.
- Do not attempt to open the unit to fix or repair it. This will void the warranty.
- Not for commercial use.