Sunbeam Food Slicer Instructions
- Keep fingers well away from the blade when in use.
- Use extreme care when handling the blade.
- Do not place any part of this appliance in a dishwasher.
- The appliance is designed for household use only. It is not intended for commercial use.
- Do not use outdoors.
- The safety switch prevents accidental operation of the slicer by pressing the switch plate.
- Do not operate the appliance continuously for more than 10 minutes. Allow the appliance to cool down for one hour before second operation.
- Do not use the appliance to cut deep frozen bfood or bones.
- Operate the appliance only when the blade locking knob is properly engaged and tightened.
- Be careful, the blade continues to turn for a few seconds even after the appliance is switched off.
Sunbeam is very safety conscious when designing and manufacturing consumer products, but it is essential that the product user also
exercise care when using an electrical appliance. Listed below are precautions which are essential for the safe use of an electrical appliance:
- Read carefully and save all the instructions provided with an appliance.
- Always turn the power off at the power outlet before you insert or remove a plug. Remove by grasping the plug – do not pull on the cord.
- Turn the power off and remove the plug when the appliance is not in use and before cleaning.
- Do not use your appliance with an extension cord unless this cord has been checked and tested by a qualified technician or service person.
- Always use your appliance from a power outlet of the voltage (A.C. only) marked on the appliance.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- The temperature of accessible surfaces may be high when the appliance is operating.
- Never leave an appliance unattended while in use.
- Do not use an appliance for any purpose other than its intended use.
- Do not place an appliance on or near a hot gas flame, electric element or on a heated oven.
- Do not place on top of any other appliance.
- Do not let the power cord of an appliance hang over the edge of a table or bench top or touch any hot surface.
- Do not operate any electrical appliance with a damaged cord or after the appliance has been damaged in any manner. If damage is suspected, return the appliance to the nearest Sunbeam Appointed Service Centre for examination, repair or adjustment.
- For additional protection, Sunbeam recommend the use of a residual current device (RCD) with a tripping current not exceeding 30mA in the electrical circuit supplying power to your appliances.
- Do not immerse the appliance in water or any other liquid unless recommended.
- Appliances are not intended to be operated by means of an external timer or separate remote control system.
- This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as: staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments; farm houses; by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments; bed and breakfast type environments.
If you have any concerns regarding the performance and use of your appliance, please visit www.sunbeam.com.au or contact the Sunbeam Consumer Service Line. Ensure the above safety precautions are understood.
Congratulations on the purchase of your Sunbeam Café Series® Food Slicer. The Sunbeam Café Series® delivers quality, style and superior performance, capturing the essence of the commercial kitchen. Inspired by heavy-duty equipment found in restaurants, cafés and bars, the Café Series® is built to last. It brings together a range of appliances designed to expertly create authentic café food and beverages at home. Uncompromising blends of stainless steel, glass and die-cast alloy characterize the range. Advanced technology and functional design guarantee the performance of each product will exceed expectations.
Whether you like your food sliced thin or thick or even somewhere in between, food slicer caters for all with a variable thickness dial ranging from 0 – 23mm. Combined with a razor sharp German blade for effortless slicing, this appliance brings home commercial style slicing at the touch of a button. Capable of slicing a variety of foods including deli-meats, cheese and bread, the food slicer incorporates a dual safety switch system to ensure absolute peace of mind during
- Sliding food guide
Supports the food and slides back and forth for effortless slicing.
- Safety food holder
Holds food pieces in place while slicing and ensures fingers are kept well away from the blade for added safety.
- Extension tray
Connects to the sliding food guide and is used to support foods that are longer in length than the sliding food guide, when slicing.
- Food collection tray
Collects the food slices during slicing and stores neatly underneath the unit when not in use.
- Variable thickness dial
Allows you to slice foods to a variety of thicknesses, from 0mm to 23mm.
- Dual safety switch system
The ‘ON’ button must be pressed and the safety switch pushed forward, simultaneously, for safety and prevention of any accidental use.
- 125 watt motor
To handle the toughest slicing tasks.
- Stainless steel blade
The high quality German circular blade is specially designed for precise slicing of meats, cheese, fruit, vegetables and breads.
- Suction cup feet
Ensures the food slicer remains secure to the benchtop during slicing.
Assembling your food slicer
- Place the food slicer on a flat level surface.
- Tilt the sliding food guide at approximately 45° angle ➀ and place the guide in the grooves of the base ➁. Lower the carriage onto the base. See Figure 1
Note: You will know when the sliding food guide is correctly positioned when the guide slides freely along the tray.
- Slide the safety food holder onto the arm of the sliding food guide. Important: It is essential that you use the safety food holder as a safety measure.
- Ensure that all parts of the food slicer are correctly in place. Place the fully assembled appliance on a flat level surface with the width selection dial to your left. See Figure 2.
- Apply downward pressure onto the slicer, ensuring it is pressed firmly to the bench to activate the suction cup feet.
- Pull the sliding food guide towards you, as far as it will slide. Place the food to be sliced on the sliding food guide with thesafety food holder in place, so that it restsagainst t he width panel. See Figure 3. Do not rest food against the blade. Ensure that the safety food holder holds the food firmly in place.
Note: If the length of the food to be sliced is longer than the sliding guide, connect the extension tray to the sliding food guide, using the 2 hole cutouts on the sliding guide to align and connect the extension tray. See Figure 4.
- Remove the food collection tray from underneath the unit and place it on the left hand side of the food slicer to collect
the slices. See Figure 5.
- Select the desired width setting by turning the dial clockwise for thicker slices or counter clockwise for thinner slices.
- Insert the plug into a 230-240V power outlet and turn the power on.
- To operate the food slicer, grasp the safety food holder firmly with your right hand and push the safety switch forward with the left hand. Without releasing the safety switch, press down the ‘ON’ button at the same time. Keep pressing down the dual safety switch during slicing. See Figure 6
Push the safety food holder and sliding food guide firmly away from you to complete one slice.
Important: Do not operate this appliance without the sliding food guide and safety food holder in place.
- Bring the safety food holder and sliding food guide back to the starting position and repeat this action for the desired number of slices.
Note: Always push the safety food holder and sliding food guide firmly to complete each slice. This will ensure that you achieve the desired thickness. Once the food slices reach approximately 10mm in thickness, slicing may become difficult, particularly on softer foods such as sausage meats.
To disassemble your food slicer
- 1. Turn the power off and remove the plug from the power outlet.
- Remove the safety food holder and sliding food guide by tilting the sliding food guide from the base. Remove any remaining food from the food slicer.
Removing the blade
Using a coin, unlock the blade by turning the central screw in a clockwise direction. Ensure that you support the blade with your other hand to prevent it falling out of the housing once unlocked. See Figure 7.
Holding the blade by the hole in the centre, remove it from the housing.
Important: Handle the blade with care, it is extremely sharp.
Care and cleaning
- Always turn the power off and remove the plug from the power outlet after use and before cleaning.
- Remove the safety food holder, sliding food guide and food collection tray and wash in warm water using a mild detergent.
Note: Do not place any part of this appliancein a dishwasher
Important: Never immerse the food slicer in water.
- . Remove the blade and wash carefully in warm water using a mild detergent.
Note: To avoid any risk of injury, reassemble the blade to the food slicer immediately after cleaning.
- Turn the variable thickness dial to the ‘Slide to Clean’ setting and pull the dial out. The adjustable thickness panel will slide freely for easy cleaning. When finished cleaning, turn the variable thickness dial to zero.
- Clean the housing using a damp cloth and then dry
12 Month Replacement Guarantee
In the unlikely event that this appliance develops any malfunction within 12 months of purchase (3 months commercial use) due to faulty materials or manufacture, we will replace it for you free of charge. Should you experience any difficulties with your appliance, please phone our customer service line for advice on 1300 881 861 in Australia, or 0800 786 232 in New Zealand. Alternatively, you can send a written claim to Sunbeam at the address listed below. On receipt of your claim, Sunbeam will seek to resolve your difficulties or, if the appliance is defective, advise you on how to obtain a replacement or refund. Your Sunbeam 12 Month Replacement Guarantee naturally does not cover misuse or negligent handling and normal wear and tear.
Similarly your 12 Month Replacement Guarantee does not cover freight or any other costs incurred in making a claim. Please retain your receipt as proof of purchase. The benefits given to you by this guarantee are in addition to your other rights and remedies under any laws which relate to the appliance.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law and under the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act.
In Australia you are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Should your appliance require repair or service after the guarantee period, contact your nearest Sunbeam service centre. For a complete list of Sunbeam’s authorised service centers visit our website or call:
1300 881 861
Units 5 & 6, 13 Lord Street
Botany NSW 2019 Australia
0800 786 232
26 Vestey Drive, Mt Wellington
Auckland, New Zealand