SWAGGER METRO Protect Your Dome Helmets Save Lives User Manual
In order to continue serving our customers and providing the best products, our product information including our user manuals may receive updates from time to time. Please check our website for the latest user manuals and product materials.
- Helmets can reduce 85% of critical head injuries.
- Elbow pads can reduce 82% of elbow injuries.
- Knee pads can reduce 32% of knee injuries.
- From https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2716781
Always wear proper protective gear when riding. This includes knee and elbow pads and an age appropriate helmet.
- Helmets should fit comfortably and snugly, covering the forehead but not hindering your field of vision.
- The helmet should have a chin strap and buckle to keep the helmet in place.
- The helmet should be made out of a hard, protective outer shell and an impact-absorbing inner layer at least 1/2-inch thick.
- The helmet should be approved by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the Snell Memorial Foundation, or the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM).
Thank you for your purchase of the SK3 Kick-Start Electric Scooter.
Before operating this scooter, please read all instructions. This manual will walk you through the functions, usage, and proper care of your SWAGTRON® SK3 Kick-Start Electric Scooter. If you have any questions or cannot find the information you need in the manual, please contact your place of purchase or our customer service at 1-844-299-0625.
- |The SWAGTRON® Team
- Body x 1
- Stem x 1
- Hex Key x 1
- User Manual x 1
Assembling the Scooter
- Step 1. Slide the stem over the turning fork and push it down until it connects with the rest of the scooter.
- Step 2. Adjust the front wheel and the lower clamp so that the front wheel is perpendicular to the stem.
- Step 3. Use the included hex key to tighten the lower clamp’s screws. Make sure the stem is securely attached to the turning fork before riding.
Note: Check alignment before inserting the stem.
Adjusting the Stem
Open the upper clamp, press the metal safety peg in, and raise or lower the stem to one of the three height levels. The safety peg should pop into place. Close the upper clamp to secure the stem.
Note: In order for the scooter to be safe to ride, the safety peg must pop into one of the designated holes and the clamp must be closed.
Charging the Scooter
Fully charge the scooter before riding.
- Step 1. Make sure the scooter is turned off before charging and remains off while charging.
- Step 2. Locate the charging port where the stem meets the scooter’s deck. Remove the port cover if needed.
- Step 3.Use the charger and the charging port to connect the scooter to an outlet.
- Step 4. While the scooter is charging, the adapter’s indicator light will turn red.
First-Time Use: Charge the scooter for at least 2.5 hours before using it.
- Step 5. When the scooter is fully charged, the adapter’s indicator light will turn blue. You may then disconnect the scooter from the charger.
DO NOT, under any circumstances, use the scooter while it is connected to the charger.
Do not charge longer than necessary. Standard charging time is approx. 2.5 hours. Charging longer than this may affect battery life and/or performance.
To maximize the battery life, charge it once every other month or every couple days after riding.
Use only the charger provided with the scooter. If you have lost or misplaced your charger, contact customer support to obtain a replacement.
Riding the Scooter
- An ASTM F1492 approved helmet and protective gear must be worn by ALL riders at ALL times regardless of age.
- Do not allow user over 135 lb (61 kg) to ride the scooter.
- Supervise children while the scooter is being used.
- Inform your child of instructions and safety guidelines before allowing them to ride.
- Hold both handles.
- Press the power button with your foot.
- Put one foot on the deck towards the front. Use your other foot to push off the ground and move the scooter forward.
- When the scooter reaches 1.8 mph, the rear motor will automatically engage to maintain speeds for 10-15 seconds per kick. Max. speed: 7.5 mph.
Once speed reaches 7.5 mph or the mother’s current is over 12A, the controller will automatically slow down.
- Put both feet on the scooter as desired.
- To stop, step on the brake with the nearest foot.
- Press and hold the power button until scooter beeps and powers down.
The scooter will enter sleep mode after 5 minutes of inactivity.
- Wear casual clothing and flat shoes to maintain your flexibility and stability.
- Practice until you can easily get on, move forward, turn, stop, and dismount with ease.
- Make sure the pavement is even. Do not ride on sloped pavement or inclines until you are experienced.
- The scooter is designed for relatively smooth, flat terrain. When riding on uneven terrain, slow down.
- Avoid riding in places with pedestrians or obstacles.
The SWAGTRON® SK3 Kick-Start Electric Scooter is a personal scooter designed for children ages 7 and up. By operating the scooter, the user acknowledges and accepts responsibility of all risks associated with the use of the SWAGTRON® SK3 Kick-Start Electric Scooter which may include, but are not limited to, muscle injuries, broken bones, lacerations, serious injury, and possible death. To better ensure safe riding, always use appropriate protective gear and follow all instructions in this manual.
- The SK3 is a self-propelled scooter designed for a single rider only. It is not intended or equipped for road use, off-road use or use with any motorized device.
- Safety gear should be worn at all times. Appropriate gear should include an age appropriate ASTM F1492 approved helmet and other gear such as knee and elbow pads.
- Check that all screws and fittings are secure before giving the scooter to a child.
- Add oil for lubrication periodically and replace bearings when worn. Regular maintenance enhances the product safety.
- Use on flat, clean, and dry surfaces. Avoid pedestrians and unstable surfaces.
- Use the scooter with caution as riding requires skill and practice so as to avoid falls or collisions.
- Use the scooter at your own risk. SWAGTRON® shall not be held responsible for misuse.
- Do not perform stunts or dangerous maneuvers with the scooter.
- Use with adult supervision.
- The braking mechanism may get hot from continuous use. Do not touch the brake after it has been used.
- Keep fingers away from moving parts to avoid pinching and entrapment.
- Never allow more than one person at a time on the scooter.
- Never ride at night, obey all outdoor regulations, and give right of way to pedestrians.
- Be careful when riding on wet pavement as braking and wheel traction may be reduced.
- Do not modify the scooter or change the scooter in any way not outlined in these instructions.
- Screws and fixtures may loosen over time. Check and tighten periodically.
90-Day Limited Hardware Warranty
Your SWAGTRON® SK3 Kick-Start Electric Scooter (“Product”) includes a 90 Day Limited Hardware Warranty (“Warranty”). The Warranty covers product defects in materials and workmanship under normal use. This Warranty is limited to residents of the United States (Excluding Hawaii, Alaska and US Territories) and Canada only and is available only to original purchasers. This Warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
This Warranty starts on the date of your purchase and lasts for ninety (90) days (“Warranty Period”). The Warranty Period is not extended if the Product is repaired or replaced. We may change the availability of this limited warranty at our discretion, but any changes will not be retroactive.
Warranty services are provided by SWAGTRON®. If a hardware defect arises and a valid claim is received within the Warranty Period, at its option and to the extent permitted by law, SWAGTRON® will: (1) repair the hardware defect by using new or refurbished parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability; or (2) exchange the Product with a product that is new or refurbished which is substantially equivalent to the original product. This Warranty is for one replacement only of like-items and does not cover items out of production if the product is no longer made or stocked. This Warranty is not assignable or transferable. The original purchaser may call SWAGTRON’s toll-free number at 1-844-299-0625 for service request.
When a product or part is exchanged, any replacement item becomes your property and the replaced item becomes SWAGTRON® ’s property. This warranty only covers technical hardware defectiveness during the warranty period and under normal use conditions. SWAGTRON® does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of this Product. Return shipping shall only be provided for Products dead on arrival (“DOA”) within 30 days of purchase only. All other returns/repairs shall require payment of shipping cost at discounted rate to be determined as follows:
SWAGTRON® E-Scooters, and Hoverboards shall be Twenty Dollars ($20)**
SWAGTRON® K-Line shall be Eight Dollars ($8)** **shipping prices are subject to change without further notice.
This Warranty does not cover any damage due to: (a) transportation; (b) storage; (c) improper use; (d) failure to follow the product instructions or to perform any preventive maintenance; (e) modifications; (f) unauthorized repair; (g) normal wear and tear( including but not limited to wearables and other consumable parts such as tires); or (h) external causes such as accidents, abuse, or other actions or events beyond our reasonable control.
Important: Do not disassemble the Product. Disassembling the Product will void this Warranty. Only SWAGTRON® or a party expressly authorized by SWAGTRON® should perform service on this Product.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY: THE REMEDIES DESCRIBED ABOVE ARE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND OUR ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. OUR LIABILITY SHALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES EXCEED THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE DEFECTIVE PRODUCT, NOR SHALL WE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSSES, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THE DURATION AND REMEDIES OF ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY.
|Net Weight||8.1 lb / 3.7kg|
|Dimensions||31.1 x 11.1 x (31.9 ~ 38) in / 79 x 28.3 x (81~97)cm|
|Maximum Load||135 lb / 61 kg|
|Maximum Throttle Speed||7.5 mph / 12 km/h|
|Range Per Charge||Up to 8 miles|
|Wheel Sizes||Front: 4.7 in (120 mm) / Rear: 5.0 in (127mm)|
|Charging Time||(120 mm) / Rear: 5.0 in (127mm) Charging Time ~|
|Manufactured By: Shenzhen Fuyuandian Power Co., Ltd|
|Input: 100-240V 50/60Hz 1.5A;
Output: 29.4V 1.0 A